The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

+13
nsumasterchief
KhaosLeper
Hazzy
­
RevolutionBeginz
Blind_Merc
Toren
Roflbeeb
AdrianRedd
Cypranex
Soulcom
derekiv
Sevyn
17 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 4 Empty Re: Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 5:35 pm

Thats not what I meant. I don't want them to become part of me, I want to interact with them. I think there should be villages like that scattered all over the map. I'm not gonna go back in the thread to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure Redd already killed a group like this.

Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 4 Empty Re: Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 5:38 pm

Civ: Wolf-Kin
Pop: 48; 28 Men; 20 Women
Cities: Burn Lands; Cracked Caverns
Year: 28

The Tower has been the main priority to the Kin. It is now 3 stories tall. It is becoming a very noticeable construct. More Kin are migration to the Burn Lands and the Cracked Caverns. The Caverns have been dug into by the few males not working on the tower. They discovered chunks of hard, grey metal deep in the ground while digging out the caverns. Some chunks that were being carried back fell into the hot ooze. The worked noticed that the metal would glow brightly before becoming soft and then eventually melting away. He told his findings to his work major, who eventually told Theron. Theron decided he would look into it later, after the Tower was completed.

Theron has children now. They do not yet seem to have any of Theron's power, and Theron has not named any the next God-King. Theron has proclaimed he shall live forever, and should he ever fall, the Great Clan will disband.

Children are more scarce now, as most of the male Kin are building or excavating.

The Kin have been watching the other living creatures to their west. They have deemed them unimportant till the Tower is finished.

{I'll add several NPC villages to the map as they are found, and several shall be added anyways.}
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 5:42 pm

^ thx
and I lik ur idea about immortality. once I add science and chemistry, I might make an Eternal Potion or Immortality Brew so I don't have to keep killing off my king.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 5:46 pm

Remember, keep this thread clean. If you have something like what Cyp just said ( adding something to his kingdom ) then add it in when you get to it. You don't need to proclaim everything you will do before you do it :P

And when your post becomes meaningless, then please replace the text with [i][/i] to make the post blank and change the post title to 'Please Delete This Post' minus the quotes.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 4 Empty Map Updated To Add NPCs

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 5:53 pm

­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-01-22, 8:24 pm

Civilization name: Cocytus

Population:
Men – 5
Women – 6
Dogs – 1

City and names:
Capital - (None yet)

Allies(if any):

Year: 1

Additional Info:

Recently a small life raft of sorts crashed a shore on what seemed to be a plentiful land. The survivors buried the dead from the crash and salvaged what little wood remained of their vessel. They then moved inland. They found a small grove of very tall trees and decided to set up their camp underneath since it was beginning to get dark and they had no idea what things lived on this land.

One man and the dog stayed awake in rotations to keep watch, using stick from the broken life raft as a blunt object for defense.

Spoiler:
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 8:38 pm

Civilization Name: Tzoka

Population:
Men - 101
Women - 100

Cities:
Capital:
- Highpoint
Other Cities:
- Aquius

Allies:

Year: 47

Additional info:

Community -
The people of Aquius have found more efficient ways to trap heat in their homes.

Construction -
Constructions have completed in Aquius. Medium-sized walls have been made around the main city, for protection. Ships have been invented! These have made sea travel much simpler. A navy is also in development.

Economics -
Nothing new so far. Trade is doing well. A new yellow metal has been discovered. It has begun to be known for its beauty. It is being sold on the market for a high price. Their is only a bit of it found, though.

Military and Defense -
The military is doing excellent. Walls and towers have been placed strategically around the land-bridge connecting these islands to the mainland to protect from invasion.

Warehouses and Resources-
Resources are increasing at a steady rate. Nothing new here. Wood is most needed here, and is being chopped and collected from the mainland.

Foreign Affairs -
We have formulated a agreement with the coastal villages. Their leader has shared their secrets of faring the seas with us. (we made SHIPS)

Hierarchy -
The king is at the moment discussing whether or not to add a second ruling class to their empire, to provide stronger support and power. He does not think the current population count will allow this though.

Advances in Technology -
As said previously, ships have been invented. It has also been discovered that by cooling and reheating iron, with a touch of water, will create an even stronger metal. The king has deemed to call this steel. Production of this material will start immediately, first going to the creation of tools for building and then to the army for weapons and armor.

Religion -
N/A

Dangers -
N/A

Last edited by Cypranex on 2011-01-23, 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 9:17 pm

Should I add land features to the map? Such as forests, deserts, and mountains?
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-22, 9:17 pm

Cypranex wrote:Thats not what I meant. I don't want them to become part of me, I want to interact with them. I think there should be villages like that scattered all over the map. I'm not gonna go back in the thread to confirm this, but I'm pretty sure Redd already killed a group like this.

I rolled 32. The NPCs nearest to you are hostile.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 9:20 pm

But did u read what i said previously. WILL there be villages in which we can interact.

Last edited by Cypranex on 2011-01-22, 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : jerkishness)
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-22, 9:53 pm

Civilization name: Sevis
Population: 74
39 Males
35 Females
City and names: Unoa, Bethis
Allies(if any):
Year: 42
Additional Info:

New Advances:
Bows have been significantly improved through the use of resins and different types of wood. The Guard is now actively training with them.

Shields have been hardened with resins as well, and are now horizontal shields.

The town leaders have elected a king, but major decision must be approved by both. All hail the king Nivek!

After a vision a Prophet of Fire heated the shining shards until they melted. Experimental smelting is beginning.

City State:
The outlying settlement has grown to the same state of the capital six years ago.
The capital is a grand place, with gravel roads and compounds comprised of linked towers. Families are common place.

Young children are trained in craftsmanship, agriculture, archery, and swordplay. When they graduate they are suited for the Sevis life.

Language and Culture: There are now temples to each of the four elements. Priests help strengthen their belief and devotion.
Their language has developed profusely. It's still based on animal mimicry, but animal mimicry itself has faded.

Military: There are twenty guards total. Half of them are currently equipped for guerrilla warfare with bows and camouflage.

Precursors:
Some children claim to have strange dreams . .

Outside world:
An elite ranger was able to get within talking distance of the large upright wolves. The wolf fled as soon as the ranger broke cover.

We are the Shadow Elves, naturally agile and sharp witted. We can be identified by slightly pointed ears and glowing eyes. Slightly pale grey skin helps conceal us, and our distinct eyes have excellent vision.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-22, 10:00 pm

Cypranex wrote:But did u read what i said previously. WILL there be villages in which we can interact.

You can interact with them. For fairness all actions with NPCs are based on chance.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 4 Empty Map Updated To Add Land Features & Special Buildings

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 10:01 pm

Map Updated with Land Features. Some Civs have special junk. Cyp, Sevyn, Soul, and I all have things. I didn't add anything for the others as they don't give very much description to their things.

New Map

Edit: I gave Kahos a small fire, as he is just starting out.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 10:05 pm

ok thx. i dont agree with ur methods, but its ur game
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-22, 10:31 pm

Cypranex wrote:ok thx. i dont agree with ur methods, but its ur game

Actually go ahead and do what you want. However if you absorb 999 villages we got a problem.

DISREGARD CHANCE - TOO MUCH WORK.

Shigan wrote:Map Updated with Land Features. Some Civs have special junk. Cyp, Sevyn, Soul, and I all have things. I didn't add anything for the others as they don't give very much description to their things.

New Map

Edit: I gave Kahos a small fire, as he is just starting out.

Very Happy
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 10:50 pm

Civ: Wolf-Kin
Pop: 52; 27 Men; 25 Women
Cities: Burn Lands; Cracked Caverns
Year: 36

The Tower is nearing completion. In a few more years it shall be done and Theron shall ascend to the top.

Tragedy struck. Four males died from falling from the top of the construction site. One of them was pounding in the stone and the others were going down to get more supplies. The lead worker missed the stone and his tool dropped out of his hand. He reached down quickly to get it and lost his balance. To try and steady himself he reached for the gatherer next to him. They both fell to their deaths. The other two tried to help but they themselves fell down.

Now the workers are afraid, and work has slowed down.

One of the Wolf-Kin that was out gathering wood encountered a strange being. The being seemed to be armed, and the Kin had nothing on him but wood. He dropped the wood and fled, running straight back to the Burn Lands. Acts such as this would be scolded, but the Kin was young, so the Clan let it slide. The eastern people were now considered to be a possible threat and any encounter was to be treated with extreme caution.

Notes on Wolf-Kin: They have a universal language. It consists of barks and growls, with the occasional grunt. There are words for each item that they have encountered and other words for things they do not understand ( Sort of a way to say 'I don't know' )

They have a simple alphabet of pictures of an item. They have no symbols for abstract words, such as hello or what. Anything they encounter it drawn and then that drawing is used in the alphabet.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 4 Empty Map Update

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 10:51 pm

Updated the map to show the slight change in my tower.

By the way, how on earth don't your people see my massive tower by now Sevyn? XD

New Map
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 4 Empty The Asgard

Post  nsumasterchief 2011-01-23, 12:22 am

Civilization name: The Asgard
Population: 13; 6 Men; 7 Women
City and names: None Yet.
Allies: None
Year: 1
Additional Info: My people as created in the image of their creators. They are very similar to humans with a small difference, their size. They are averagely around 8 feet tall. The first day shows the introduction to my civilization. The next post will give a better understanding of who they are, where they came from, and what their beliefs are.
The first day:
One day, 6 men and 7 women woke up on top of a mountain, feeling like their minds were new. They all looked around at each other, wondering in their minds what was next. They were located on the top of a mountain that was surrounded by several other smaller and bigger mountains. At the peak of the mountain they were on, there was an ancient structure; this is where they were to begin their life. The structure had a circular floor with three pillars reaching heights untouchable by these new beings. In the center of the floor was a star shaped drawing with another small circular pillar. It seemed as stairs leading to nothing. On the outside, there were two spiraling staircases leading down into a small room in circular shape. It seemed as there was some major purpose to this structure, but no one could understand it at this time.

Finally, one of the men began to walk away from the others, in search of something to fill this feeling of the need of nourishment. He began to put some of the nearby grass in his mouth in search to make this feeling disappear. The other people began to follow him, and began to eat the grass as well. One of them stumbled upon a red round shaped ball. He smelled it and then took a small bit. Immediately he was overtaken with a feeling he could not explain. He then looked to his left to see a tree full of these small round shaped. He signed to the others around him to help him gather the round shaped items. As he was gathering more, he noticed a large leaf near him. He grabbed the leaf and used it to carry a larger amount of these round shaped items than everyone else. The 13 men and women moved back to the structure they awoke at. They walked down the stairs to find an empty room. The all went to the center of the room, and dropped all of the red shaped items. Again, the same person began to walk outside again. He and his fellow men walked further down the mountain, while the women gathered more grass and red shaped items. While walking down the mountain, they noticed a glowing cave. The men were scared, all but one. This one man grabbed a big stick and walked slowly into the cave. In the cave, there was a small stream of moving rock. This rock glowed very brightly. Curious of what it was, the man moved in closer and stuck his stick in the moving rock. His stick lit up very bright and had heat moved from it. He jumped and dropped the stick. This stick lit up other sticks lying around it. This man decided to grab another bigger stick and again put the stick near the moving rock. It lit again. The others grabbed big sticks as well, and lit all of them. They brought the other sticks back to structure. They gathered smaller sticks and made a small hill in the room. They placed the heated sticks together on this hill. The hill was brighter than the other cave, and provided the heat needed to pass the night. Once the room was lit, they noticed symbols on the wall. The men and women began studying the symbols. Without knowledge and understanding, they were dumbfounded. They did not even have the simplest understanding of speech, and left the unknown writings on the wall. They just sat around and fell asleep.

nsumasterchief

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-23, 2:38 am

Civilization name: Pandora
Population:41
City and names: Wasteland, The Hope Valley *NEW*
Allies(if any):
Year: 12
Additional Info:

Thecnology:
As they start to produce basic stone tools there is one person that is very good at it and the chief makes him the blacksmith. Seeyng these each group begins to specialize in something like hunters and agricultors.

Comunication:
As the primitive grunts fade out more clear words start to be pronounced and with a better comunication everything goes faster.

Habitation:
Now they began to make specialized buildings each one with a purpose. Also they start to make small individual fireplaces instead of one big central one.

Land:
One scout sees in the distance (north) what seems to be a valley that provides a safer place to live.
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-23, 8:24 am

Civilization Name: Tzoka

Population:
Men - 117
Women - 120

Cities:
Capital:
- Highpoint
Other Cities:
- Aquius

Allies:

Year: 54

Additional info:

Community -
Population still increasing steadily...

Construction -
No new construction sites have started. Aquius is finished. Strong defenses have been built to fortify the land at key places.

Economics -
Economy is bombing, with the introduction of gold prices have gone down for everything. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, yet.

Military and Defense -
A fighting force has been developed, made specifically to defend the land. They have the best of armor and weapons.

Expeditions -
Expeditions have been halted, by request of the king.

Warehouses and Resources-
Completely stocked and full. New warehouses are being developed underground. Trade with the coastal villages has helped a lot with our supplies of wood and fish.

Foreign Affairs -
Nothing new. New Dawn still has not responded to our Alliance Treaty. The coastal villages have kept up their bargain of the agreement, and gave us wood in exchange for stone and food.

Hierarchy -
The king decide that when the population reaches 1000, he will introduce nobility.

Advances in Technology -
Certain animals, when tamed, were found to be comfortable to use to travel around at a greater speed than walking. When attached to a box, it was strong enough to drag it around. Round stones were found to make this box travel faster. (and so wheels are invented)

Religion -
N/A (probably gonna steal it from another country)

Magic -
N/A (Sevyn will everyone have their own specific form of magic, or will we all use the same type?)

Current Intelligence and Education -
Intelligence is at a medium level. We have a working written and spoken language. People can count to ten multiple times to use money. Schools are currently being developed to teach young children how to write and survive. Special training camps are being held for young soldiers.

Science and Chemistry -

Dangers -
N/A

Last edited by Cypranex on 2011-01-23, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-23, 9:38 am

Cypranex wrote:
Magic -
N/A (Sevyn will everyone have their own specific form of magic, or will we all use the same type?)

Magic is the manipulation of energy. You may make your own specific branch of magic, or borrow another kingdom's.

And your kingdom's is breeding like rabbits o.o
Don't kill them or anything, just slow it down.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-01-23, 9:48 am

I'm going to have to dissolve my kingdom... I leave the magical cube to Cypranex. I just can't keep up with all of this. Sorry.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-23, 10:02 am

Civilization name: Sevis
Population: 89 (Population Boom!)
48 Males
41 Females
City and names: Unoa, Bethis, Northern Outpost
Allies(if any):
Year: 48
Additional Info:

New Advances:
Longbows have been developed with long range killing power.

When searching for better rocks our weapon carvers happened upon large deposits of obsidian, which has an almost molecular sharpness. All weapons and arrows are converted to it.

The Prophet of Fire has found more shards and successfully smelts them into a bar shape for later use. The king asks them to see if they can make weapons from it.

An herb is found to have healing effects on wounds. This is incorporated with cotton bandages.
City State:
Walls have been expanded to fit the increasing city size.
An outpost has been made in the northern forests to observe the Wolf-Kin.

Resources:
Food is abundant

Language and Culture:
To represent things on bamboo reeds they begin to use simplified versions of drawings of the object's their representing.

Language is alot smoother and eloquent before, and sounds such as "ta" are added to distinguish words from similar sounding ones.

Military:28 people are now guardsmen. Leather armor has been improved to increase mobility and add extra protection to areas such as the shoulders and knees. Cloak take on a variety of woodland colors, and can blend in.
Half of the force uses bows and the other half swords.

Magic:
Strange sporadic occurrences of fire, water, earth, and air start happening. The Elemental Priests take those children in for special training, so as to not accidentally hurt people.

Outside world:
A large tower has been spotted by the Wolf territory. We sent an envoy of four rangers, a diplomat, and someone who is skilled at animal mimicry.

We've detected movement beyond our borders. We are prepared.

We've expanded territory.

MAP:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Sevyn on 2011-01-23, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-23, 10:06 am

Sevyn wrote:
Cypranex wrote:
Magic -

Magic is the manipulation of energy. You may make your own specific branch of magic, or borrow another kingdom's.

And your kingdom's is breeding like rabbits o.o
Don't kill them or anything, just slow it down.

ok i was gonna add an epidemic next post but instead i'll just slow it down

lol sweet i get a magic box. i'll make a cool ending for u guys rofl Very Happy
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-23, 11:32 am

Civilization name: Pandora
Population:64
City and names: Wasteland, The Hope Valley *NEW*
Allies(if any):
Year: 18
Additional Info:

As the Iluminati move to the valley, the left tey wasteland behind, and there they start to build a coarse quarry and from there they start to extract minerals with the stone tools.

A habitant discovered clay and also noticed that it started to become hard when heated and dryed. With these they started to make simple stone and wood houses.

With ropes and sticks primitive bows started to appear and to be used by hunters.

Spoiler:
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next