The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

+13
nsumasterchief
KhaosLeper
Hazzy
­
RevolutionBeginz
Blind_Merc
Toren
Roflbeeb
AdrianRedd
Cypranex
Soulcom
derekiv
Sevyn
17 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 7 Empty Re: Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-26, 9:23 pm

[quote="nsumasterchief"]
derekiv wrote:Civilization name: Narivo
Population: 25
15 Female
10 Male
City and names: Small village of Narico
Allies(if any): Made no contact so far.
Year:31

I thought by the rules we are suspose to start at year one?

He started before. And by the way, your civilization progresses painfully slow. It's fine, but at this rate everyone will be going all Call of Duty on each other.

You can progress six years a post.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 7 Empty Re: Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 12:51 pm

GOBLIN ATTACK
Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 7 30s8z6d

Civilization name: The Redd Moon Goblin Tribe
Population: Unknown
City and Names: Unknown
Allies: None
Year: Unknown

Skad'Gnosh decided enough was enough. The Goblins rapidly grow in numbers. From stragglers in the caves and new ones spawning every day, their rapid growth quickly leads to more problems. However, it also leads to new advances.

As the veterans of the battle with the Dog Men grow larger, they begin to use their equipment to bully the smaller goblins around. Skad'Gnosh doesn't like this show of authority. However, he realized that it's hard to be in all places at once. Skad decided to make some of these larger Goblins Bosses. These Bosses were able to start maintaining order. In return, they got first pick of the loot from battles, after Skad'Gnosh of course.

Skad kept his Goblins happy by sending them into skirmishes, sometimes leading them himself. Mostly they waged war on the nearby camp of humans. Apparently the dog men didn't like them either, but this didn't interest Skad. No, humans meant food, weapons, and battles. The humans suffered heavy losses against the repeated attacks of the Goblins. The dog men in the area stayed out of the goblins way most of the time, but sometimes scraps would break out, and a few dogs and goblins would fall. In the end, the Dog Men kept their distance, watching with sick fascination as the humans were brutally slaughtered to near extinction.

The Goblin tunnel networks broke into the Pointy Ears mines. After eating a few miners and looting a few chests, the Goblins were frustrated to find their way barred by iron gates. Skad quickly ordered a retreat.

Skad'Gnosh was a clever goblin. He knew that the Pointy Ears were smarter than the Dogs. He had to devise a plan. He also knew that if he didn't start another war soon wars would break out among the Bosses. So, he gathered his Bosses together and started to get to work....

==========

The Shadow Elves continued their work. They sent workers to help the Wolf Men, who were still recovering from the attack a couple years back. Even with help, it will take a couple years yet to repair all the damage. A lot of buildings were burned down, and a lot of materials were stolen. Crops had to be replanted, and during that time food was scarce. The workers in the Elven village were also short handed since so many were off working with the Wolves.

However they got by just fine. They rationed and ensured there was enough food for everyone. They kept up their mining operations despite warnings from the wolves. The King had grates put up to deter any goblin attack, figuring a nice wall of iron would keep them safe. It was a good plan, and the elves prospered despite setbacks.

Of course, any king that thinks he can deter a burrowing enemy by blocking off a couple tunnels has forgotten something very crucial. Burrowing creatures can make NEW tunnels.

Luckily for the king, he had set the majority of his guards to defend the tunnels. However, with the scouts in the forest, the border guards, and the ones sent to support the Wolf Men, the military is running rather thin. This is a fact that has not escaped Skad'Gnosh, nor his Bosses.

==========

During the night, a miner heard a loud commotion in the caves. He turned around a corner, heading deeper within. He was horrified to hear was sounded like the garbled speech of demons, and saw a flickering light coming from down below. He peaked around the corner, and his eyes widened. An uncountable number of goblins was at the grate!! They were screaming and scrambling, whacking the grate with stone mallets. A couple were bringing a battering ram into position, and started slamming it into the grate, causing it to dent. The elf's face was covered with sweat. Suddenly, a large goblin broke into the front, carrying a huge axe. He took a huge swing at the grate, making an even larger dent than the tree had. Suddenly, the goblin's beady red eyes seemed to look right at the elf. The ugly green face broke into an evil smile. Then the goblin brought an ivory horn to his lips, and let out an unholy screech of terror and wailing. The Goblin King's Horn. The Goblin King's Axe. The elf just about pissed his pants as he fled, trying to scream over the din of the horn.

The guards outside heard the horn before they heard the scared miner calling out his warnings. Immediately the alarm picked up, and all the warriors were called to the mines. Men from the border guard abandoned their posts, taking up arms as the bells rang and horns sounded the alarm. They took up positions around the cave entrances, for fear that entering them would leave them vulnerable in the Goblin's natural element. The sounds within the cave grew louder and louder, the dire horn sounding again and again. The elves sharp eyes started to catch glimpses of red eyes, torchlight, and the glint of steel deep within the caves. Hoots, taunts and vileness sounded from the cave, all accompanied by the horn of the Goblin King. The elves stalwartly stood their ground, waiting for the first attack to strike.

And strike it did. But not from where they expected.

Suddenly, without warning, another horn sounded. A loud, unholy screech of death and violence. And it came from behind them. The elves turned, and were horrified. Their forests and fields were in flames!! Goblins beyond numbering poured out of the woods, scaling the walls with their claws, carrying torches and setting houses aflame! And on top of the wall stood a massive figure of death. Skad'Gnosh, the Goblin King. Red eyes gleaming he brought his horn to his lips, and sounded it again. Three times.

The elves turned to fire upon the goblins with their bows. But then an answering call came from the caves. A screech that sounded three times. The earth erupted!! New holes exploded in the ground around the barred entrances to the caves. Goblins began pouring out of the caves, weilding stone maces, iron swords and axes, and all bearing sharp teeth and claws. Worst of all they carried fire, and they swung their torches like burning maces at the elves. They were surrounded!

The elves fought desperately. But the goblins were relentless in their assault. They stopped coming out of the caves, but many more were coming over the walls. It was with despair that the elves realized the attack from the caves was a diversion. Skad'Gnosh, a stupid goblin, had outsmarted his inexperienced opponents. The guards began to fall, surrounded and outnumbered.

Skad'Gnosh strutted through the city like a conquerer. He grabbed a torch from a nearby goblin and tossed it casually into a large wooden house. He laughed as it caught flame. Goblins inside the house quickly fled bearing metal tools, clothes, and shiny loot. His goblins had learned how to raid very well. Skad cackled as he watched the Pointy Ears slaughtered by his Goblins. He drew his steel sword, taken from the body of the Human Chief, and marched forward towards the large stone structure in the center of the city.

From the structure's front door came a large group of elves. They had panicked looks on their faces. One of them wore a golden crown. Skad'Gnosh growled in wonder as he stared greedily at the crown. It was to be his! He raised his blade, and sounded his challenge. "WAAAAAAUUUUUGH!!!!" And he charged.

His goblins took up his warcry, and charged the hapless group of elves as well. Suddenly, a young female elf strode forward, wearing a gray colored robe. She raised her hand imperiously as if she could stop the horde with merely a commanding gesture. But the gesture did not command the Goblins. It commanded fire.

Flames leaped from her hand like arrows. Goblins were struck, and ignited, crumbling into screeching heaps of burned flesh. Nearly a dozen goblins were burned alive in one blow. Skad's eyes widened at this. It was terrifying. His goblins hesitated too, and their charge faltered. The elf in the crown began to flee, his followers close behind. Skad screamed in frustration, and ordered his goblins to pursue. Some of his goblins fell to arrows from the Royal Guard. An arrow pierced his armor, driving itself into his shoulder. He barely noticed, his eyes affixed to the crown on the elven king's head.

The king and his men ran past a burning building, trying to get into the forest where they could hide. But the building was filled with Goblins, and they rushed out and intercepted the king. The royal guard quickly made a circle around the king, cutting down the goblins that rushed them. Some of the goblins leaped down from on top of nearby rooftops, causing further trouble for the defenders.

Skad'Gnosh rounded the corner, where he saw the King and his men fighting for their lives. He charged forward. The elf in the robe spotted him. She raised her hand, and fire lanced out from her fingers. Skad barely raised his armored gauntlet in time. His arm exploded in heat, the armor searing his skin. Skad howled in agony, but his bestial nature drove him on. The elf witch screamed a warning to her king just before Skad reached them. Using his red hot fist, he slammed the elven witch to the side. The guard, preoccupied with the goblins swarming them, could not react in time. The king had drawn his sword, a pretty little thing with a thin blade. Skad'Gnosh deflected the desperate thrust with his armored hand, and swung his blade with all his might. The King of the Elves fell to the ground, headless.

The Royal Guard howled in anger, and began doubling their efforts. But the goblins had all congregated around their leader, carrying their booty and fighting with elven blades they had looted. Skad'Gnosh killed another guard with a fierce swing of his sword, and strode forward to where the king's body lay. He bend down, and removed the crown from the grisly remains of the elven king. He then took up his horn, and blew a loud screech three times. It was time to leave. With a howl of fury, the goblins began to flee. They disappeared into tunnels, ran through open gates in the walls and climbed over the barricades like rats. As they did, they threw their remaining torches into buildings, onto fields and into gardens as they had been ordered.

As swiftly as the battle had come, it ended. The elven city was a ravaged and burning. All the fields outside the walls were already nearly consumed by fire. Their king was killed, and their valuables were stolen. The streets were littered with the bodies of elves and goblins. While the elves fought valiantly, they were short handed, and suffered heavy losses to their military, as well as their civilian populace. All miners unfortunate to be in the mines during the attack were killed. All farmers in the fields were also killed. The goblin casualties were many, but the losses the elves suffered were more than they could afford. Much more.... Worse than losing their king, worse than losing their military, the elves had lost their fields and much of their forests, and many of their warehouses. Food had already been short. Now it was much much worse.

The Goblins retreated back into their tunnels through hidden routs in the forests and through the mines. Skad'Gnosh sounded his victory as he retreated through the forest. It had been a good fight. As he sat around the cook fire, roasting some of the spoils of their victory, he boasted of his killing of the elven king to his Bosses. When he described the decapitation, the Bosses laughed boisterously, and Skad grinned widely, his new crown tilting on his head. They asked him to draw what it was like. Cackling, he dipped his finger in some blood, and drew a large crooked circle on the wall to symbolize the head of the king. Then he slashed a line through the circle, to show it's removal. He called the symbol "Nognob", the word Nog meaning "No" and Nob meaning "Head".

It would soon become the Goblin symbol for nothing.

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 7 IcfYeS

Stupidity. It often breeds genius by accident.

RAID RESULTS:

Death Toll:
350 goblins dead.

Loot:
Iron weapons, obsidian arrows and swords, iron armor.
The King's Crown.

Advancement:
The Goblins now have bows.
The Goblins now have arrows.
The Goblins have discovered the number "zero".... somehow.

AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-27, 2:33 pm

Hrm... The battle is kind of one sided most of the time in games like these. No matter how hard you try, without a system or overseer of things, then battle will be far to easy to win at, as anyone with a brain could say " We stormed in, killed the king, and took over the city with our men."

Just because you make that one sentence become a wall of epically written text does not mean that it isn't godmodding. I find it unfair that anyone could make a battle one post, with them winning in the end. Battle should be harder to pull off, and any unfair moves ( like having >900000000 soldiers ) should be able to be countered some how. An overseer to guide things would help this situation quite well.

I'm not attacking you Adrian, but I don't think that you should have such an outrageous advantage over us O.o

For instance, I could just have easily written something like this.

" The Wolf-Kin finally understood how to proppel small, sharp balls of iron. They crafted thousands of these new weapons and prepared to destroy the goblins, once and for all.

They stormed into the goblin camp and the first shot heard was the one to blast off the King's Head. The Wolf-Kin opened fire and mowed down the enemy. When this unstopable onslaught was over, they looted everything they could and headed into the forests to kill any escapers. 300 or so soldiers were left behind to kill any goblins they saw."

Boom, your civ is done with. Do you see what I mean? It would be incredibly unfair for me to do that, but if I take that small thing and put it through and epic-sizer, then it would still be bad for you, but awesome for anyone who read it.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this honestly, and I'm not calling you out, I would just like for some kind of system to be implemented for battles and such so that things like the above can not happen.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 4:38 pm

Actually I thought you would say that. I took a lot of things into account when I wrote this. One, the elves have never been in a battle. Ever. The goblins have been in many battles with the humans and the Wolf Men. They've had plenty of time to prepare. Two, the elves had a lot of vulnerable weak points in their defenses. They are not only giving the Wolf Men aid, thinning their defenses, but they also left themselves vulnerable with the mines. A simple two pronged attack against an unprepared enemy would have been devastating. Three, the whole point of the goblin attacks is to pull the civilizations down a bit. I could walk my forces into Nsumasterchief's place and slaughter his small family of barbarians with not trouble at all, but I won't. The goblins are here to create setbacks against only the strongest civilizations.

If, say, you role played it out that you made some conceivable strategies, such as an alarm system, traps in the caves set solely for killing goblins, and other imaginative forms of defense that I would have written the battle out differently. If the elves instead of simply saying "goblins are kill on sight!" had instead caved in any caves they found in the woods, the mines, or set traps in the tunnels, I would have accounted for it. I'm simply reacting purely with what I have, and what they have. I take everything into account, I read your entire history and found where the weaknesses were and exploited them. I didn't just say "Boom your dead" with a bunch of words, I realized that the elves were very vulnerable to an attack. The only way they WOULDN'T have suffered massive losses would be if I sent goblins in one at a time.

I attacked with a force of 500 goblins, and lost more than half to deal a massive blow to the most powerful civilization in the game. It'll take imagination and innovation on your part to work your way out of this problem. To prevent further attacks as devastating as that, try preparing for them, with gusto. As far as I see it, a peace loving group of vegetarians got their just desserts for being a peace loving group of vegetarians. Once they survive this they will be stronger for it, and they will have much better defenses in the future. The main reason I targeted both of you is simply because you're currently the strongest. And of course the only reason I won was because the goblins are PURELY combat oriented whereas both of your civilizations have branched into things like diplomacy, agriculture, magic, religion, and exploration. With your resources spread so thin and so wide, that at least gives me the excuse to start smacking some martial sense into you. Razz

Just keep in mind that I'm here simply to add conflict, because you normally wouldn't do it on your own. You normally wouldn't write things like "There was an earthquake and half our village was destroyed" or "A group of thieves took our most valued artifact, and now we are without religious guidance" or "A plague of locusts has destroyed all our crops and we will likely starve this winter." As things stand now, you're progressing forward quite well without any setbacks at all. Thus, goblins.

Go ahead and attack the goblins if you will, all you'll get is several dead men and a bunch of beat up weapons. The goblins have nothing of value, and if you try to take over their caves, well..... you wouldn't live in there very long.

So I've thrown a whole bunch of problems on the table. Your lives are no longer perfect and you can't simply just grow, thrive, and prosper. I'm here to make sure that no one's life is perfect, and that you have problems and puzzles to work though. That's the only way the story will be interesting.

Cheers!

~Redd
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 6:27 pm

The horror... I enjoyed reading Adrian's post as much as I winced as my civilization getting pwned. Nice strategy by the way.

I suggest we implement some version of Shigan's battle scenarios. Instead of an attack and me recuperating, you attack, we defend, one of us loses. Battles should be a three to four post affair.

It's perfectly fine Adrian considering you had severe losses as well.

BRB writing massive post.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 7:31 pm

Civilization name: Sevis
Survivors of Unoa: 31
Total Population (Including Bethis) 53

City and names: Ashes of Unoa, Bethis, Outpost
Allies (if any): Wolf-Kin
Year: 72
Additional Info: We are the Shadows Elves, naturally agile and sharp of wits. Light grey skin conceals us, and our glowing eyes help us.

Two hours after the goblin attack . . .
“Move! MOVE! We have to get everyone out now!” Denlist, Captain of the Royal Guard motioned to the people who were running around the burning city, trying to rescue stranded survivors. Nearby, a woman was carried out of a burning building, moments before it collapsed. “The winds are about to pick up! We need to evacuate to Bethis!”
The sickly smell of corpses filled the air. He turned to his lieutenant, “Are all the guards accounted for?” “We’re missing Luthis. Wait, he’s over there. All are accounted for.” Denlist yelled the best he could in the smoky haze, “LET’S GO!” A small train of people carrying what they could salvage and the wounded moved slowly northwest as the flames picked up and consumed the city.

They arrived at Bethis an hour later. The settlement was three quarters the size of Unoa and was built on a plateau, only a few miles from the Wolf-Kin. The citizens rushed out to help the wounded. The people who did survive the attack were the strongest or the luckiest. Eight Royal Guards, twelve rangers, and five mages were all that were left. The remaining six were farmers, a merchant, and children. Bethis mainly comprised of farmers and hunters. Denlist inspected what they had brought back. There was a particularly heavy crate in the warehouse, which he would soon find . . . unique.

Two weeks later . . .
The survivors and Bethis townsfolk elected Denlist as their new king for his role in the Fall of Unoa. He thanked them and made a solemn speech.
“We have been dealt a great loss only fourteen nights ago. We were unprepared for the rigors of war, and we paid the price.
This massacre will never happen again. No more.
We will become people suited as much to the farmland as to the battlefield. No more.
We will remake our defenses and military to withstand any kind of attack. No more.
WE WILL STAND STRONG MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS! WE WILL AVENGE OUR FALLEN! NO MORE!”

Large fortifications and stone walls were set up all along the edge of the plateau. They discovered that the plateau sat on a huge underground cistern that went on for miles when surveying the current area. This meant that any miners would find themselves drowned within a few seconds. The only way anybody could reach the city was through a coverless winding road that led to the city gates, which had a drawbridge and moat. Battlements meant great vantage points for defenders. Even if they broke through the first gate there was the keep in which all non-combatants could evacuate to in emergencies. Buildings codes required that most of the building is suppose to be made out of non-flammable material. The mines currently composed of a deep shaft with small stairs, which we would be incredibly difficult to have more than a dozen people attacking at once. The military received a huge boost and the emotions triggered by the massacre made people with dormant magic powers awaken.

A standard swordsman will have iron-leather-chainmail composite armor and obsidian iron sword hybrids, enchanted so upon hit the target will be set on fire. If someone picks up elven armor and weapons without their consent a curse will follow. Be wary of stairs, weapons, cows, people, clouds, puddles, and stones if you steal elven gear.

Single farms have been eradicated and they have all joined into a mega farm. It is now made more affordable through economy of size.

Merchants have made a Merchant Guild and set’s standard prices, improving the economy.

We have withdrawn almost all elves from Wolf-Kin territory except for that first interpeter. She is saddened by the loss but is committed to retaining relations with them.

We are officially pissed at goblins. We are seeking their hideout everyday. We are going to find you. . . .
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-01-27, 8:12 pm

Have room for one more?
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 8:38 pm

Sevyn wrote:
Post.

Now that's more like it. Of course all these advancements are surprisingly good and fast for such a small population. But I'll give you that since I was so ruthless. Razz
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 8:46 pm

I am motioning that instead of using years we use Civilization Advancement Points or CAP. Because we discover iron forging in sixty years this makes more sense and gives you an idea of how strong a civilization is at a glance.

Adrian zero is only useful to civilizations that don't spend all their time fighting. However I am still giving you . . .

some brains. For your goblins. A little bit smarter, not as much as the Goblins in Warcraft, but somewhat inventive.

You now have bypassed millions of years of evolution for a fifteen percent increase in brain matter.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  h0witzer 2011-01-27, 9:03 pm

Sevyn wrote:I am motioning that instead of using years we use Civilization Advancement Points or CAP. Because we discover iron forging in sixty years this makes more sense and gives you an idea of how strong a civilization is at a glance.

Adrian zero is only useful to civilizations that don't spend all their time fighting. However I am still giving you . . .

some brains. For your goblins. A little bit smarter, not as much as the Goblins in Warcraft, but somewhat inventive.

You now have bypassed millions of years of evolution for a fifteen percent increase in brain matter.
I can't wait to see the post that Adrian decides that the other civilizations have advanced far enough to warrant the discovery of Kaja'mite and give his goblins the capacity to use explosives as a weapon.
h0witzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 9:33 pm

h0witzer wrote:
Sevyn wrote:I am motioning that instead of using years we use Civilization Advancement Points or CAP. Because we discover iron forging in sixty years this makes more sense and gives you an idea of how strong a civilization is at a glance.

I can't wait to see the post that Adrian decides that the other civilizations have advanced far enough to warrant the discovery of Kaja'mite and give his goblins the capacity to use explosives as a weapon.

You play WoW? I don't, but my friend does. Kaja Kola, one hundred percent fair trade*!
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 10:48 pm

h0witzer wrote:

Zero is TOTALLY useful for warring civilizations! Zero baddies means we won. Zero limbs means it's dead. Zero blood means it's not tasty. See? Very useful.

YAY! Brains! You're all screwed now! Thanks Sevyn! Twisted Evil

Also, just as a fair warning, the first civilization that discovers black powder or any explosive will be the first target of the goblins. And I will brutally and ruthlessly gain that technology for myself. And you do NOT want to face goblins that have use of black powder. Trust me.....
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-01-28, 1:22 am

Civilization name: The Naga
Total Population: 20
City and names:none
Allies (if any): none
Year: 10 (just going to start there if you don't mind)

Additional Info: The naga are a people of the desert and as such have developer in a unique way. Because of the brutal heat in the day and the cold at night the naga have been making primitive shelters for many years before a group of then decided to dig down. As it turns out under the sand laid a vast untapped resources known as potatoes. With this new source of food it became far easier to dig down to get their food then to hunt or try and gather grains from the surface. This drove the society to expand downwards rather then outwards. Because of this little contact with the outside world had ever been established until that faithful day when they found out they were not alone...

As was tradition a son of the tribe had to prove himself by taking a voyage over the mountains. This included a five month trek accost the desert and over the mountains to the west. So what started as a normal test of manhood soon became a discovery of a lifetime. after getting lost and traveling to far north he came across two foul looking creatures who on sight charged him with tools of stone. Being train in the basic art of combat he was no match for these creatures but as luck would have it they seemed to be already wounded so he was able to kill one of then and fight off the other. After close examination of this creature he noticed that it had mismatched armor and weapons. He then began his long trek home to show his tribe what he had found while not yet realizing how lucky he was to have escaped the scouts of the goblins.

Developments: The first city, named Antro, is established. this city lies in the center of the northern part of the desert an is basically a big hole in the ground. Although not much to look at it grows larger every day in depth and in weight as more room is made for the growing population.

Technologies: Basic stone tools, potato farming, and basic mining skills.

Physical Appearance: slightly taller then a goblin but with less physical strength, they are a people of logic and mining with an erg to learn ever more.

Sorry if I did it wrong its my first time so go easy on me lol.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-28, 10:21 am

AdrianRedd wrote:
h0witzer wrote:

Zero is TOTALLY useful for warring civilizations! Zero baddies means we won. Zero limbs means it's dead. Zero blood means it's not tasty. See? Very useful.

Also, just as a fair warning, the first civilization that discovers black powder or any explosive will be the first target of the goblins. And I will brutally and ruthlessly gain that technology for myself. And you do NOT want to face goblins that have use of black powder. Trust me.....

You know you have to find out whether they have black powder or not. Just because you read their post doesn't mean your goblins know. You have to send scouts "We found humans digging out some weird substance" Next post: "They're experimenting with it. Must investigate"
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-28, 2:29 pm

Sevyn wrote:
AdrianRedd wrote:
h0witzer wrote:

You know you have to find out whether they have black powder or not. Just because you read their post doesn't mean your goblins know. You have to send scouts "We found humans digging out some weird substance" Next post: "They're experimenting with it. Must investigate"

I KNOW how to role play Sevyn, don't worry. I'll figure out a way. Smile
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-28, 3:17 pm

Civilization name: Pandora
Population: 124
Locations: Quarry, Valley of Hope
Year: 42

News have arrived that a brutal civilisation atacking everyone in the North. Without knowing what they might be towards Pandora, friend or foe the civisilation decides to build a collossal wall around all the perimeter just on top of the almost impossible to climb mountains with watch-towers every 50 meters and a fire being used to communicate invaders.

Iron is now extracted in very large quantities and its over stocked so the king sent messangers to Sevyns, Shigans and Adrian kingdoms to see if they are interessed in starting economic trades.

The Element controllers are now fully cabable in controlling each ones element altough in small quatities and 4 of them, one of each element were moved to the military.

As a farmer was working with fertilizer saw is pants being burned up he wonders if the fertilizer had something to do with that.

Several herbs are being used to heal small hounds and a small hospitle was being built.

Last edited by RevolutionBeginz on 2011-01-29, 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-28, 3:27 pm

Revolution

Go
To
Page
Now.

I have already updated the map for you. READ THE POSTS BEFORE YOURS. If you don't keep up with the thread, then leave.

And read the entire thread over again, make sure you miss nothing.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-28, 3:45 pm

what are u talking about? sereously what?
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-28, 3:49 pm

I won't repeat myself. Just go look for yourself. If you are blind, and are reading the internet in brail, then I am sorry.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-28, 4:00 pm

Ugh, now that I read this in a calmer mood, I realize that I was being 99% asshole.

Sorry.

I have a map being constantly updated on page four of this thread.

I have already added your area, and I don't want you to add anything more.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-28, 4:07 pm

sure i know u worked hard on the map and everything and everyone has the right to lose is temper sometime Wink

btw what will u say to my messanger about the economic trade relation?
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-28, 7:27 pm

No meta-gaming Revolution. You can't just suddenly say "word has reached out ears" and build a massive wall for no reason. If some leader was all "Some kingdoms far far away were attacked, so we're gonna build a HUGE WALL and you have to do it!", would the people actually build it? Also, how would you know about the goblins being diggers? You live hundreds of miles away at least, if not thousands. You simply don't have the information. You also can't suddenly spring up with seismic detectors. Your civilization is only 60 years old. Your oldest man is 80 at most. There's no way you're all geniuses that can suddenly have the mathematical and scientific know how to build Chinese seismic sensors for earthquakes you've never even encountered. Your language isn't even fully developed yet! Goodness gracious...

Meta-gaming is when you RP according to information your characters don't have. Your characters either don't know about the goblins, or they do but it's so far away there would be no sense to take drastic measures just yet. Just sayin'. Also, doing things that are OP are looked down upon, such as spontaneous technological advances and gigantic fortresses being built in, oh, 5 years. Heck, The Wolf Men's tower should have taken twice as long at least, but whatever....
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-28, 10:01 pm

Civ: Wolf-Kin
Pop: 199; 101 Men; 98 Women {Almost 200 :D!}
Claimed Lands: Burn Lands; Cracked Caverns Condemned; The Great Tower; WoodLands
Military: 95 Soldiers; 4 soldiers in training
Year: 76

The rebuilding is complete. When I looked over my land from the sanctity of the Tower, I knew that it was our time to begin anew. We will be stronger, we will be faster, and we will be more efficient.

The caverns are closed in and sealed with the hot ooze. The goblin scum will not attack us ever again from there.

We have once again looked to the sea. One day we will venture there ( *hint hint* more continents available when everyone is ready )

I have been practicing my magic, and I now understand how to control the forces of fire and wind. I have begun to experiment with these abilities, and I soon hope to be able to control the sea. I have learned how to make the fire destroy stone, by creating a force of fire so strong, that is makes the rocks blast apart. In doing this, I found that wind can carve through rock, as I had used the wind to move away the rubble, and it left a rut in the ground. When I get a chance, I will use this power to carve my way into the Mountain of Fire.

I am saddened by the Long-Ear’s departure. I wish they could stay, but I understand their need for safety. I am enraged that the scourge could do this to a peaceful nation. They will suffer.

My army grows by the day. Soon we will be incredibly powerful, possibly strong enough to hold off a goblin raid. In the event that goblins attack, we will have several countermeasures to defend against them, our strongest being the lava holds. If they can defeat all of our traps, then, and only then, will I use my new found power to destroy them.

It is now mandatory that all Wolf-Kin have a partner with them if they leave the territory. This is for their protection, but many of them dislike it. I feared that they may have revolted if I made this a permanent thing, so I announced that it was only till we were more readily prepared to fight against any new found foe.

A new weapon idea has been brought forward. It is a small metal tube that has a light and sharp rod in it. According to the Kin that brought it forward, it could be blown into to cause the rod to shoot out of it and then impale an attacker. At the time, it is not very useful, but I have our great minds at work developing new ways to utilize long range weapons.

I will send a representative and some guards to go to the Long-Ears to attempt to re-open communication and trade. They will bring a large surplus of our ores and a diagram of our new weapon. While some would consider giving away our secrets to be unwise, I believe that by showing the Long-Ears that I trust them, they will in turn trust us more openly. Trust is going to be key in the coming years.

{Sevyn, send an updated map to me in a pm so I can update the main map. I don't know where you moved.}
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nsumasterchief 2011-01-28, 10:05 pm

Civilization name: The Asgard
Population: 19; 9 Men, 10 Women
City and names: None Yet
Year: 8

Additional Info:

My people as created in the image of their creators. They are very similar to humans with a small difference, their size. They are averagely around 8 feet tall. To fully understand my post, you will need to read all previous communication sections of my post.

Population:

Two babies have decided to be men in the community’s interest.

Side story:
Thor’s Travels
:

After hearing the mutilation of his follower, Thor begins to think he will never make it home. In his travels; he walks by day and sleeps in caves by night. After many days of traveling through the jungle, he notices a familiar smell in the air. He smells heated light. Due to his recent encounters with the wildlife, he proceeds with caution. While walking slowly and hidden, he feels the ground under his feet change. He looks down to find a beast. It was the same kind of beast he had encountered before. Four wooden feet in the shape of a beast with a human like body. He begins to wonder why there is another dead beast.
Further investigation of the smell brings him to a small town, much more advanced than his old town. The town has heated light everywhere, as well as different types of beast all over. He finds many of the four legged beast and some unknown beast with unknown fabric on its body. He is unable to figure out what it was made of, but it shined in the heated sky ball. He grabs the garment and tries it on. It has a large fit on his body, but seems to stay on. There was a type of stone that was lying next to it. He touched it, and it immediately dealt much pain and drew blood. He noticed that it was of a stone he had never encountered before. One side was sharp, while the other was very flat. He had found his first sword.
He noticed the beast had another garment on its side. It seemed the same shape as the sword he found. He experimented to find that it fit perfectly in is. He grabbed it and put it on his waste. He began to move through the destroyed town. The houses were built differently from his own. The rocks used to build them were nothing like what he had seen before. They were strong, but square. His understanding of this was limited until he found a house that seemed to be under construction. Thor found a bowl like structure with water and melted stone in it. He noticed the ground had blocks of this substance and the wall was built of it. He had discovered clay. He had seen this type of stone before, but had no understanding of its purpose.
The destroyed town had many items that he did not understand. He finally found something he did understand. There was a trail leading out of the city. It seemed similar to the trail they encountered while exploring the endless sea. He followed the trail and found the endless sea. To his left, were his old mountains. He noticed the one with the steam coming from it. He finally found his home. The final trip up the mountain seemed so long. His people looked in awe and amazement. They did not know what to do when he walked into the town with different clothing and items they did not understand. Fryer came to the town center immediately. He looked in amazement, but he knew what was about to happen. He gave up his right as Creamteck. He secretly began to think of how to make Thor disappear.

Town Advancement:

Thor’s return brought new ways to build houses. He began to build every house in this manner. He also made them put some of the new clay in the ground in commonly walked areas. The entire town was changed to this new type of rock.

New Weapons:

Thor tried to remake the sword he found, but was unable to understand how the stone became shiny as sharp as his. One night after searching though the caves for the stone he found; one of Thor’s follower found a shiny wall. Without looking around him, he began to talk towards it. Right before he made it to the wall, he disappeared into the rock through a large heated light. He let out a short but very loud scream. Thor and the remaining followers backed away. Not long after, he noticed the rock seemed to move. It was the moving rock. Thor decided to leave the cave to wait for the moving rock to harden.

Shoes:

Thor tried to make wooden feet as he saw on beast. He was unable to duplicate the wooden feet, but he made something similar. He required the townspeople to wear them while working and hunting. It help them to not step on sharp objects.

Economy:
Trade has not changed since last post.
nsumasterchief

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-28, 11:06 pm

Shigan remember I did leave one elf there to represent us Smile

Civilization name: Sevis
Population: 58
City and names: Unoa, Bethis, Northern Outpost
Allies(if any): Wolf-Kin
Year: 78
Additional Info: We are the Shadow Elves, naturally agile and sharp of wits. Light grey skin conceals us and our glowing eyes help us see.

Danlist went to his private quarters after the coronation. He bolted the door and went to a hidden passage located in the library. It opened up to chamber, and in the center of the room there stood a medium sized crystal floating with small chunks orbiting it. It crackled with energy and sparks randomly leapt forth. It was found in a temple high up in the mountains and was brought to the palace hours before it was attacked. Mages had probed the crystal and found unquantifiable amounts of energy. It could change the entire race of shadow elves . . . but for better or for worse? He stood looking at it for a long time. (It will be fair guys. Everything has a price.)

New Advances:
Elves focusing their emotions can enter a trance like state where reflexes are doubled. This lasts for a short time and may induce dizziness after wards.

Longbows have been improved through the use of iron in high stress parts of the bow.

Resources:
Meh. Foods not dangerously low, supplies for buildings are low. In need of more cotton.
Iron supplies have lowered since the Unoan mines were abandoned. We are looking for trade.

Language and Culture: Language development has finished. We have called it the Unoan language, in honor of the fallen.

Military: Twenty eight active elven rangers. Most proficient with a bow, but some are also proficient in swords. Swordsman group has been merged with the ranger group to form one cohesive military.

The five surviving mages from Unoa have grown strong. Small storms of fire, water, earth, or air can be called forth. Psychic powers have improved, including subliminal messaging.

Outside world: Sometimes our ranger's report rumbling in the ground. This may or may not be the goblins. We are preparing an expedition.

Our lone interpreter and representative in Wolf Territory seems to be distracted lately.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next