The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

+13
nsumasterchief
KhaosLeper
Hazzy
­
RevolutionBeginz
Blind_Merc
Toren
Roflbeeb
AdrianRedd
Cypranex
Soulcom
derekiv
Sevyn
17 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 3 Empty Re: Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-22, 2:09 pm

Can someone put mine pls ( in the map)

city Pandora

Last edited by RevolutionBeginz on 2011-01-22, 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 3 Empty Re: Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .)

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-22, 2:24 pm

Civilization name: Solcoria

Population: 94 (population increase based off a 10% increase per year per total population while the number is rounded up if it a decimal)
50-men
44-women

City and names:
Capital-Korus (total pop: 94)

Allies:

-none-

Year: 19

Additional Info:
Town Advancement
Infrastructure:The wooden palisade around Korus has restricted the building of new homes inside the walls. Occupants are forced to build their homes outside the protection of the town walls. Better roads have been developed inside the town. A group of men got together and formed a builders guild.
Population: Because of the little space for others to live, immigration was down in the past years. There were few births as well.
Technology Advancement
Military: The small band of men who dedicated themselves to combat have formed the first militia of Korus to keep order and the people safe.
Agriculture: The new farming idea was a huge success. Other men start to do the same and a steady supply of fruits and vegetables are supplied to Korus.
Industry/Tools: Some men found a shiny yellow metal in the nearby river bed. They found it to be very pleasing to the eyes. Upon returning the yellow metal to Korus, other men realized that their must be more of the metal around. The men search around the mountain to find more of the yellow metal, but instead find a more gray/silver metal protruding out of the earth. Thinking that such a item would have use, the men attempt to dig out the metal, but to no avail. A man suggests breaking the rock around the metal, so the men design a curved piece of stone with a point on each end. They smash the pick axe around the rock that holds the metal, and eventually retrieve it. The men take the metal back to Korus and, not knowing what do do with it, take it back to their homes and display them.
Religion
No change.
Civilization Relations
No change.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-22, 2:47 pm

Over 4200 views! This seems to be very popular, haha.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-22, 2:52 pm

Soulcom wrote:Population: 94 (population increase based off a 10% increase per year

Holy crap dude, anyone in your kingdom ever hear of a condom? 10% per year doubles the population every 7 years.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 2:54 pm

Hazzy wrote:
Soulcom wrote:Population: 94 (population increase based off a 10% increase per year

Holy crap dude, anyone in your kingdom ever hear of a condom? 10% per year doubles the population every 7 years.

lol. That made me think of Fable III
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-22, 2:55 pm

I know it increases it a lot, so I toned down the population with some good reasons, if you have read the rest of my post.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-22, 2:57 pm

Doesn't change the fact that your civilization's space requirements are going to double within a decade. Not even old China can compare to that.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-22, 3:01 pm

If the other civilizations have a problem with it, then I will fix it. As for what I have read, our civilizations should grow to be in the thousands.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 3:21 pm

Civilization Name: Tzoka

Population:
Men - 60
Women - 61

Cities:
Capital: Highpoint

Allies:

Year: 39

Additional info:

Sadly, the old king is nearing the end of his reign. His son, also his heir, is currently being taught how to rule a kingdom. Resources have been found plentiful. Their soldiers each has a set of iron armor and a steel sword. Homes have been built inside the mountain. Farms are doing great. Construction has started on the north-east island. Hopes have been raised to have a city there soon. Population is booming, but worries have cropped up because most of the original settlers have died off, cutting their population immensely. Their warehouses are full to the brim.

Rumors have been spread around about dark clouds on the horizon. Worries are that the storms are returning. Although rarely seen, haste has been placed in all that the people of this land do. They are trying to make their homes safe, in case the squalls of the past come back. The farmers are developing stronger homes, with deep planted supports so their buildings don't get blown away. Hopes still encompass the hearts of the people.

Last edited by Cypranex on 2011-01-22, 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 3:32 pm

Civ: Wolf-Kin ( Changed it from Theriol to Wolf-Kin, more appropriate )
Pop: 39; 21 Men; 18 Women
Cities: Burn Lands; Cracked Caverns *New*
Year: 20

As the years pass, the technology slowly improves. The Wolf-Kin now posses basic swords made of stone sharpened with flint. They learn that flint on stone causes small fires to start. A house is set on fire and 4 die in the flames. This does not stop the large amount of births and migrations from happening though, as more and more of the Kin slowly find their way to the Burn lands to join what is now known as the 'Great Clan' The Kin slowly begin spreading. They move to the East and find suitable land that the name the 'Cracked Caverns' as there are many large gashes in the landscape that lead to caverns under ground. The Kin build small homes and begin working on their largest project yet, a Tower. In the tower the mighty God-King shall live and see over the workings of the Wolf-Kin. It is projected that the tower will be done in 20 to 24 years depending on how quickly materials can be gathered. Most male Wolf-Kin are sent away to gather wood and rock for the tower. The females are left at home to keep things calm. All is at peace.

The Kin discover other beings for the first time. They see them from the top of the construction site. They do not know what to do as of now, but they do see that they have plants growing in patterns across the land. They study this while building.

Notes on the Kin: They stand Upright as in this picture
Spoiler:

They have claimed more land. An updated map is here
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shigan on 2011-01-22, 5:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 3:34 pm

Also, from here on out, just post your own map. I'll update the main one , so we don't have people taking up the same land and other people posting outdated versions.

And use the goddamn [spoiler][/spoiler] tags for the map. Don't break the page with pictures.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 3:36 pm

Shigan wrote:Civ: Wolf-Kin ( Changed it from Theriol to Wolf-Kin, more appropriate )
Pop: 39; 21 Men; 18 Women
Cities: Burn Lands; Cracked Caverns *New*
Year: 20

As the years pass, the technology slowly improves. The Wolf-Kin now posses basic swords made of stone sharpened with flint. They learn that flint on stone causes small fires to start. A house is set on fire and 4 die in the flames. This does not stop the large amount of births and migrations from happening though, as more and more of the Kin slowly find their way to the Burn lands to join what is now known as the 'Great Clan' The Kin slowly begin spreading. They move to the East and find suitable land that the name the 'Cracked Caverns' as there are many large gashes in the landscape that lead to caverns under ground. The Kin build small homes and begin working on their largest project yet, a Tower. In the tower the mighty God-King shall live and see over the workings of the Wolf-Kin. It is projected that the tower will be done in 20 to 24 years depending on how quickly materials can be gathered. Most male Wolf-Kin are sent away to gather wood and rock for the tower. The females are left at home to keep things calm. All is at peace.

The Kin discover humans for the first time. They see them from the top of the construction site. They do not know what to do as of now, but they do see that they have plants growing in patterns across the land. They study this while building.

Notes on the Kin: They stand Upright as in this picture
Spoiler:

They have claimed more land. An updated map is here
Spoiler:

@Cyp: Can't do that. The land is like this for a reason. If you want to carve into a mountain than that is fine. Just draw a mountain on the map and lable it as the mountain you live in. I'll do it for you and update this map in a second. I'll label it as Cypranex Peak

ok can i ask what the reason is Razz? sorry its cuz my whole story is based upon how they are on an isolated island.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-22, 3:46 pm

Shigan thanks for putting me in the map

but its RevolutionBeginz Wink
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 3:46 pm

o ok i c wer ur confusion is. Its a mountain ON an island. also, i've already drawn a map for it. i just minimized it and copied it over urs. if u do redo it, it will need to look exactly the same. and if u want I can make it so the borders aren't as stretched. i just did that for space. sorry again Sad
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 3 Empty Please Delete this post

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 3:52 pm

Last edited by Shigan on 2011-01-22, 4:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 3:57 pm

ok well im just gonna get rid of it. no need for it if we don't need it Razz. i'm going to ask this now, because if i don't problems r gonna pop up later. i need the island connected to teh mainland. thats wat that long strip of land was 4. u don't have ot do it now, just try and put it in later. thanks.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 4:01 pm

Last edited by Shigan on 2011-01-22, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 4:02 pm

Love it. Thanks for doing all this, all of it looks great. Very Happy
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-22, 4:13 pm

Why does the map look like Australia?
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 4:15 pm

Please try to keep this thread clean. If your question has been answered or if you post something that is unessesary then please edit it and replace it all with [i][/i] to make your irrelevant post blank, as only mods can delete.

If I were a mod I would delete your posts for you, but I'm not so we need to do this till Sevyn can delete them for us.

@Hazzy It's a rip from the Oblivion map. I just redrew it on paint and changed it a bit. Australia is a bit ( shitton ) different.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-22, 4:53 pm

Civilization name: Sevis
Population: 63
33 Males
30 Females
City and names: New Valley
Allies(if any):
Year: 36
Additional Info:

New Advances:
Moderate size fields are now used for planting. Irrigation is provided by a nearby river.
A failed smooth tracked cart leads to the creation of the wheel. Heavier loads can be transported.
After the girl who played with sticks showed it to her father, he devises a weak bow made from a tree branch. It is low powered, but he seeks to refine it.
Clothing is now made of a combination of wool and leather. They concoct a solution that softens the leather more and makes it more workable.
Shields made out of wood are in use. They will deflect most stone weapons.

City State:

A new settlement made up of explorers and hunters is on the far side of the valley. Trade commences in earnest.
The new town hall is completed, replacing the communal fire of old.
Many structures have popped up.

Language and Culture: Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire are now core tenets of their beliefs. They pray to the Earth for strength, Fire for victory, Wind for speed, and Water for protection. Animal and plant sound representation have been shortened down.

Cows: Muh
Chickens: Kluk
Bamboo: Krik
Fire: Crik-crik

Military: Guard size is increased to fourteen. They are a strong force, doing daily patrols to safe guard the valley.

Precursors:
After putting wet clay in the fire to sped up curing, somebody finds shining shards in the earth. They are put away for further examination.

Outside world:
There have been rumors of large wolves in the forests north.

The large mob of creatures which we once feared has seemed to vanish.

We're not exactly human . . .

Our territory.
Spoiler:
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 5:15 pm

Civilization Name: Tzoka

Population:
Men - 70
Women - 68

Cities:
Capital:
- Highpoint
Other cities:
- Aquius

Allies:

Year: 39

Additional info:

Community -
Population is growing steadily. Their are no stirrings or uprisings, as of yet. All are content. In the new city of Aquius, the snow and ice has made living conditions almost painful. They hope to develop ways to survive the cold soon.

Construction -
The northeastern islands construction work is finished. A majestic stone fortress lies in the center of the island. Exploration proved that most of this island is made up of snow and ice, a new factor in their island paradise. They have decided to call this soon-to-be city Aquius. Also, designs have been written up for a floating device to use in navigating the surrounding oceans. It is currently a work in progress. The idea was stolen from the cities on the coast (more mention lower down).

Economics -
Trade has flourished! The prices of items has stayed strong.

Military and Defense -
The military trains daily. Fortifications and traps have been developed around the center mountain. No patrols have been issued, because the only available plan of attack is through the narrow strait connecting them to the mainland.

Warehouses and Resources-
Farms have been a major source of food throughout the previous decades. Using them, we have stocked up on important supplies such as wheat and oats. We have ventured to the mainland on account of our weakening supplies of wood.

Foreign Affairs -
Even after more than 10 years, our treaty to the New Dawn civilization has not been answered. (Where are you Rofl!! Very Happy) We have also found what seems to be small villages along the coast of the mainland. They have strange vehicles which they use to scour the seas with. No such plans have been established to make contact with them yet, though.

Hierarchy -
The old king has finally died. His son has taken his place. Currently, he is the only source of power. He has married and has 1 son and 1 daughter. His position is stable.

Advances in Technology -
Simple traps have been tested and are currently in construction. Tools are still in use. Ships (although they aren't called that yet) are an idea. Pulleys and weights, used to move materials such as water and dirt, have been recently discovered and put to use.

Religion -
N/A

Dangers -
The rumors of the approaching storm proved to be untrue. The skies have been calm for the last years, and no problems have appeared. Relations with other civilizations are nonexistent, so no dangers there.

Last edited by Cypranex on 2011-01-22, 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Create-A-Civ (To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .) - Page 3 Empty Map Update

Post  ­ 2011-01-22, 5:18 pm

Updated all Info and Map

New Map

Last edited by Shigan on 2011-01-22, 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-22, 5:23 pm

Quick question:
Are we allowed to interact with NPC villages and cities? For example, the villages I found along the coast. Am I allowed to make an alliance with them, and have them fight with me in wars and trade materials with? Or can I only destroy them and take all their stuff.

*EDIT* plz say yes! Very Happy
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-22, 5:32 pm

Cypranex wrote:Quick question:
Are we allowed to interact with NPC villages and cities? For example, the villages I found along the coast. Am I allowed to make an alliance with them, and have them fight with me in wars and trade materials with? Or can I only destroy them and take all their stuff.

*EDIT* plz say yes! Very Happy

Since alot of stuff is up to the players I'm going to be sort of like a Dungeon Master so people don't do outrageous things.

Pick a number between 1 and 100. If your within twenty of the number I picked you can absorb them into your empire.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next