The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members)

+6
MrSpoon
jcdomini
Cypranex
Habit
rhino600
MaxxOverdrive
10 posters

Go down

Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members) Empty Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members)

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-03-05, 10:44 am

Good people of this land,

With the Pirate Captain Adrian Redd gone and forgotten, the Redd Pirates have been in shambles. Our numbers remain minimal, and our crew has no potential for growth at this point. For these reasons, I would like to retire from the seafarer's way of life and start anew with the remaining crew members, as well as any who may come to join us. Our capital city, Ebonheart, is still under construction, meaning we have plenty of room for any looking to settle with us.

Ebonheart, home of the Redd Adventuring Guild

UPDATE: Ebonheart has been destroyed by either one or more marauding griefers. A wizard (or, more likely, a necromancer, as the island below is infested with undead creatures) has apparently built his home on the cliffs above the city ruins, which are only accessible by what was to originally be Redd Tower, located at the base of the cliff. The door to the tower is locked with a magic seal, and there seems to be no other way inside. I do not yet know this wizard's intentions, but I advise any visitors to Ebonheart's ruins to keep your eyes open, and your sword drawn.

The Redd Adventuring Guild's main hall is now located in Heimdall Monastery, a place which will remain hidden to outsiders for the time being. While the Monastery is considered the main headquarters for the Guild, all members will live where-ever their party decides to settle. Your party need only deliver a 500 spade fee (about 1 gold block) to Heimdall Monastery, to pay for Towny extenions and Guild membership finalization. I will then personally accompany the party to their outpost and set up protection there however they see fit.

Prerequisites to join
-You may apply for Guild membership in this thread. Simply post your name, a short history of your character, and your profession.

Non-Residential Adventurers
Unfortunately, at the moment, guild status is restricted to only the residents of Ebonheart. In time, as the guild's membership grows, we may allow outsiders to take contracts for a cut of profit, but only once a loyal foundation is laid down.

All Guildmembers are now essentially non-residential adventurers, especially now considering Ebonheart has been destroyed. In fact, no two adventuring parties should be settled too close to each other .

Organization

-Guild members will be split into groups of three. These adventuring parties will identify themselves by group names of their own choosing, and will be free to take contracts, and generally do as they please.
-One member of each group will act as the group's representative, and all representatives will meet regularly with me to discuss contracts and current happenings.

Contracts
-Contracts are tasks submitted by men throughout the land. Anyone on the server will be able to request a contract either to Maxx Overdrive himself in-game, or through a private message on the forums. The format for a contract is:

[Poster's Name]
[Type of job]
[Coordinates]
[Reward]

-When a contract is approved by the guildmaster, he will post the task on the wall of deeds, located in Heimdall Monastery, and add a post to the Guild's subforum to announce the task. At that point, whichever Guild member can reach the wall of deeds first, and claim the task (by destroying the sign there and replacing the text with the requester's name as well as yours), will be given the job, and will be fully entitled to the rewards as promised by the requester.

-Once a Guild member has claimed the contract, he will contact the poster in some way for a briefing on the details of the work.

-The poster will be not be required to offer a reward for the task, and there are no restrictions on what can be given. Adventuring parties will always be paid a commission in either gold or spades for completing their job from the Guild itself.

-Contracts can range from manual labor and spying, all the way to burglary, assassination, and mercenary work.

-The party's representative will be solely responsible for the actions of his companions during the contracts they take together. Guild members that prove themselves to be worthy will be assigned extra party members

-Contracts targeting Guild outposts, or any Guild members, will be discarded.

If you would be interested in joining us, simply contact me in-game, or leave a post here with your name and profession.

Current known Guild Members
Guildmaster- Maxx Overdrive

-Draco222
-Ballnazor
-Rhino600
-Evilhamster
-AJBUB

New recruits will be split into parties by the Guildmaster himself, which may be subject to change, but as more citizens are granted membership, there will be a bit more freedom in how parties are assembled. Once we have 12 members, I will allow party leaders the option to trade members (either by request of a party member or by the leader himself) with other party leaders, so that Guildsmen will stay in touch with one another a bit more.

I look forward to meeting you in-game.

For Booze n' Loot,
-Maxx Overdrive

Last edited by MaxxOverdrive on 2011-05-04, 10:58 am; edited 5 times in total
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members) Empty Re: Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members)

Post  rhino600 2011-03-05, 7:02 pm

Ahhh, so tis' the day when one is forced to gather what forces they have and start anew is it? I commend ye' for taking this bold step Maxx. I myself was planning to fill out the application to join the good captain's crew but I had not seen any new word from him in many days...
Glad to see someone's making sure the crew doesn't just disappear from the face of the land. I'll be keeping an eye on your progress as I await that fine day the Kingdom's borders become open to newcomers once again.
Until then sir, here's to what lies ahead for you and your crew: I wish you all the best and hope to hear tales of your exploits, and maybe someday see the lot of ye' for myself. Cheers!
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members) Empty Re: Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members)

Post  Habit 2011-03-06, 7:14 am

do we have to make gay roleplaying in the forums 2 now? just asking
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  rhino600 2011-03-06, 7:57 am

Habit wrote:do we have to make gay roleplaying in the forums 2 now? just asking
OOC- jeez try and say something nice and you get a comment like this^^^
I was just commending Maxx's actions for furthering his faction in order to keep it intact.
Haven't you noticed that Redd's original post for applying for the pirates was also in-character? pay attention dude.
don't you have something better to do than troll, Habit? I mean I've already seen a few threads on here centered around you trolling so I'm just surprised you haven't learned by now.
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-03-06, 10:23 am

Your support is appreciated, Rhino. If you're ever in the area, feel free to stop by and see our progress! The city's growing at a steady pace, with most of the residents building their homes while I construct the public buildings.

In fact, all vagabonds are welcome to come see our progress! Message me in-game and I'll be happy to show you around!
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  rhino600 2011-03-06, 10:50 am

I'll take you up on that as soon as i get whitelisted once you guys start accepting new members again
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-03-08, 3:04 pm

Updated the first post. Construction is a bit shakier than I expected due to the constant threat of creepers, but the town still stands, and grows more and more each day. We have four plots open at the moment for residents who move in during construction, and many more will become available once the Guild hall is ready.

MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  rhino600 2011-03-09, 8:33 am

Even though I'm not whitelisted yet, can I still apply for the guild?
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-03-09, 2:25 pm

Whoa. This actually sounds pretty awesome. I like the idea of adventuring groups. I've always wanted to have a couple of friends who I know could trust my back... The only real person I ever knew like that is Aero (from my story) but I had to move away from him a couple of years ago Sad .
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-03-09, 8:03 pm

rhino600 wrote:Even though I'm not whitelisted yet, can I still apply for the guild?

No application is necessary, you need only be a citizen to be enlisted as an associate.

Updated first post.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  jcdomini 2011-03-10, 10:48 am

Might I join the ranks of your adventurous crew? I was invited to the area by Boshi the other evening, but he then had to attend to otherworldly things (RL) and so I am currently hiding within various buildings dodging creepers and zombies all through the night. If I am accepted, please let me know if there is a housing plot available, as I hate mooching off others' defenses to keep from becoming brain-kibble for zombies.

As for a profession, I currently have a bachelor's degree in gathering resources and building, and a minor in general debauchery. (But srsly, I'm up for doing whatever it takes to help this group flourish)

jcdomini

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-03-10, 10:50 am

I seem to remember I was with bosh, skeletonboy and all those lot so does tht mean I have been exiled? Sad
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members) Empty Application for Red Adventuring Guild

Post  Ahhhh_No_Way 2011-03-12, 8:23 am

Hey so I really like this idea and i want to join it, but I'm not on the whitelist yet so I can't play the game. I was just wondering if I could join this when I get to play and also if I could get a spot to build my house in the city.
Ahhhh_No_Way
Ahhhh_No_Way

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-03-14, 4:07 pm

Our resources are getting depleted quickly... One theory I have is instead of being raided, perhaps it is just a person who is being selfish. Also, an update for the OP might be good-- my old friend from middle school has joined the server as well, and joined our faction... IGN: nexemonsta
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Redd Adventuring Guild (looking for members) Empty Application....

Post  Evilhamster 2011-04-29, 4:29 am

I would definitely love to join this faction.

I am pretty good at redstone note blocks (even though if you were doing a pirate themed clan it would be useless)
I can also do okay redstone circuits and traps, i LOVE traps.

If you don't need any of these skills, i'm probably one of the only ones who would volunteer for the boring
task of strip mining or quarry mining in general.

But i have a question which will make me sound like an idiot: how do you get onto the server????? where is the ip???, i have already signed onto the forums so now what?? please help me.
Evilhamster
Evilhamster

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-29, 6:11 am

Evilhamster wrote:I would definitely love to join this faction.

I am pretty good at redstone note blocks (even though if you were doing a pirate themed clan it would be useless)

If you don't need any of these skills, i'm probably one of the only ones who would volunteer for the boring

But i have a question which will make me sound like an idiot: how do you get onto the server????? where is the ip???, i have already signed onto the forums so now what?? please help me.

at the moment we aren't accepting new members while the server is being finished off....we hope to be recruiting within the next few weeks
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  rhino600 2011-04-29, 7:40 am

Evilhamster wrote:I would definitely love to join this faction.

Excellent! Another potential member of the Adventuring Guild once the server starts accepting new members!
Once new members are being accepted I'll see about getting some of my friends into your guild too Maxx, they've been itching lately for a server we could all play on so I told them about this one and I think they're hooked. The future's looking bright.
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-04-29, 2:51 pm

Rhino600 and EvilHamster,

This post is to inform you both of your acceptance into the Redd Adventuring Guild. If you have not yet been white-listed, let me know and I will petition the wizards to bring you to this realm. Your first task is to report to Draco222. He is your party leader, and the three of you will be the first Redd Adventuring Party. While the Party Leader's word is final, do not be afraid to voice any concerns you may have to him.
The three of you may then build your own village wherever you'd like in the world. Once the three of you have found an area you like, your next task will be to gather enough funds to pay the cost of towny outpost protection. To pay this, you will be required to bring two golden blocks to the Guild's main hall, a location of which will be given directions to once you have gathered the outpost fee. Gathering this fee will also ensure that you are well-equipped and trained for the tasks ahead, as any other things you gather while mining and adventuring are yours to keep, and once the fee is paid, I personally will accompany you to your homes and grant towny protection; Your Guild membership will be finalized, and from then on, you will be an Official Guild Party, and tasks that are requested from citizens throughout the kingdoms will be forwarded to you for completion. It will be entirely up to the three of you which tasks you accept and decline at that point, but you must remember to follow the code posted in the guild forum at all times.

Good luck friends, I look forward to meeting you and instating your Guild statuses personally,
-Maxx Overdrive

[Edit: Also, just so you know Hamster, the server ip is thekingdomsmc.com]
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-30, 9:38 am

@Maxx by the way just to let you know that ballnazor was wanting to join your town after being afk for a couple of weeks Smile
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  AJBUB 2011-04-30, 6:19 pm

I wish to join your guild please. I will do any job. I will try to be a jack of all trades if you wish. Whether it be a miner or a farmers assistant. But i would probably work best as an architect or a soldier. Thank you for time.
AJBUB
AJBUB

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-05-01, 9:21 am

So Maxx, any chance of posting up the new squads?
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down