The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed?

+12
TheLolness
Raijouta
SinFa
Sevyn
Arkitek
Blind_Merc
Habit
MaxxOverdrive
Doomkiwi
Boshiwukins
chivers706
Kremit
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed?

If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap59%If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 59% 
[ 19 ]
If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap28%If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 9 ]
If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 32

If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Empty Re: If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed?

Post  Kremit 2011-02-24, 8:58 pm

Diabloz wrote:well what it comes down to, is the peoples choice.

I agree to a certian point although it is really soto's choice in the end. Aswell as other things that he wants to try ect.
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed? - Page 2 Empty Re: If the server were to be reset should Mob Farms be allowed?

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-25, 9:22 am

well according To the poll, the peoples choice is for farms to be allowed, i have yet to vote for or against. for more then half the people voted yes farms should be allowed. i like how this differs from the last poll which was close to 50/50 with around the same number of people voting, (last was 26 people), this just proves that last poll there was confusion and or corruption (on kermit's side editing for no reason). and yes kermit everything i just said is relevant. i took the freedom to define the word relevant for you:

Relevant: having a bearing on or connection with the subject at issue.

since most of your responses are like:

"Half of this is off topic."

or

"this is compleatly irrelevent and the issue is between Darwin and myself"

and Then corrected by Chivers " Diabloz you are right in the fact that the first post which started this and everyone that was involved with that can be part of this topic and i can see that...."

TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-02-25, 9:39 am

I'd say limit them in size. I know personally I have a three floor grinder that gives me not more than 10 of each item whenever I go down to it and that is fine. I don't need huge amounts of this stuff. I actually prefer to turn spawners into grinders but sadly there is no creeper spawner that I have found so a grinder is the best way to get gunpowder.
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-25, 11:48 am

KhaosLeper wrote:I'd say limit them in size. I know personally I have a three floor grinder that gives me not more than 10 of each item whenever I go down to it and that is fine. I don't need huge amounts of this stuff. I actually prefer to turn spawners into grinders but sadly there is no creeper spawner that I have found so a grinder is the best way to get gunpowder.

so what would be the rules? u use ur grinder alone? then whats with a kingdom of 20 ppl? we can get 20 floors then?
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-02-25, 11:59 am

Dude calm down. No need to attack me for stating my opinion. I'm just saying that I personally don't need a massive grinder. Really no one should if hunting and gathering were to actually happen.

Since you have so many people, why not have them go out and gather supplies? With 20 people you obviously can spare a few.

I mean seriously, you don't (what was it? 1100? 11000?) items an hour. You just don't. There is no other way around it. You certainly don't need that much gunpowder unless you are making huge ass piles of TNT, which serve no purpose except below level 40 or something. You certainly don't need that many arrows unless your guys are just standing around firing arrows into the air for the hell of it. You also don't need that many feather either, considering the only use for them is making arrows. Hell just sitting in the collection point of my zombie grinder has got me more feathers than I could possibly use. You need arrows? Find a skeleton dungeon and turn it into a grinder. Need more arrows? Find another skeleton dungeon and turn it into a grinder. There are ways to get supplies without building a grinder that goes from bedrock to sky.
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-25, 12:18 pm

KhaosLeper wrote:Dude calm down. No need to attack me for stating my opinion. I'm just saying that I personally don't need a massive grinder. Really no one should if hunting and gathering were to actually happen.

Since you have so many people, why not have them go out and gather supplies? With 20 people you obviously can spare a few.

I mean seriously, you don't (what was it? 1100? 11000?) items an hour. You just don't. There is no other way around it. You certainly don't need that much gunpowder unless you are making huge ass piles of TNT, which serve no purpose except below level 40 or something. You certainly don't need that many arrows unless your guys are just standing around firing arrows into the air for the hell of it. You also don't need that many feather either, considering the only use for them is making arrows. Hell just sitting in the collection point of my zombie grinder has got me more feathers than I could possibly use. You need arrows? Find a skeleton dungeon and turn it into a grinder. Need more arrows? Find another skeleton dungeon and turn it into a grinder. There are ways to get supplies without building a grinder that goes from bedrock to sky.

what do you mean by calm down? i was just asking for ur opinion abuot it, no intention to make ur redicolous or angry or anything, well we also got 2 of those mobgrinder ur talking about, still i dont see a big different form the one to the other, if we limit it there must be some rules that it increases by the member a town has that it will be fair. well and we kinda supply all the server atm since everyone is breaking in and steal our stuff Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-25, 12:22 pm

Lol khaos you overeacted. Habit's post was in no way raging on you or anything. He was just asking a question based on what you said.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-25, 1:18 pm

khaos i dont think habit was raging you, he likes your idea and was asking if a town for 1-2 people(like your town) gets 2-3 floors then how much should a kingdom of 20 people get, he was asking your opinion.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-02-25, 2:03 pm

Ok, my bad. It seemed like he was raging. Guess it is just language difficulties. Sorry.
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-25, 2:24 pm

just cause ur used to me trolling doesnt mean i cant make normal questions 2 Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-25, 3:00 pm

Habit wrote:just cause ur used to me trolling doesnt mean i cant make normal questions 2 Very Happy

Didn't you ever hear the story about the little boy that always lied, until one day something actually happened?
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-25, 3:03 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:
Habit wrote:just cause ur used to me trolling doesnt mean i cant make normal questions 2 Very Happy

Didn't you ever hear the story about the little boy that always lied, until one day something actually happened?

oh wait, did this boy care? cause i dont
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-25, 3:12 pm

Habit wrote:
Blind_Merc wrote:

oh wait, did this boy care? cause i dont

*Opens the door into thread

*Slowly closes the door

You mind rewording that?
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-25, 3:21 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:

the boy who cried wolf*
And yes, it is relevant to Habit's post.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-02-25, 9:08 pm

You do have a bit of a reputation... but anyway.

I'd say capping a grinder at no more than 8-10 levels should be enough. Hell I bet if mine was better made it'd provide far more than it does now, however it is based off of a SSP grinder not an SMP one, so it hardly works.
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-25, 10:58 pm

You shouldn't need farms, really. It isn't difficult to find mobs, they like water and lit places. Big deal. Also, they're practically a waste of materials. Going out with a stone sword is MUCH more economical than making a whole trap. (Don't know if Arkitekt said this, sorry if I'm repeating you.)
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-26, 7:52 am

draco222 wrote:You shouldn't need farms, really. It isn't difficult to find mobs, they like water and lit places. Big deal. Also, they're practically a waste of materials. Going out with a stone sword is MUCH more economical than making a whole trap. (Don't know if Arkitekt said this, sorry if I'm repeating you.)

yea its a waste of cobble and or dirt, i mean cause those materials are so rare -sarcasm-
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-26, 9:47 am

draco222 wrote:You shouldn't need farms, really. It isn't difficult to find mobs, they like water and lit places. Big deal. Also, they're practically a waste of materials. Going out with a stone sword is MUCH more economical than making a whole trap. (Don't know if Arkitekt said this, sorry if I'm repeating you.)

not really Swords break.. spawners will out live alot of swords because it was built to last... every building is built to last.
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-26, 10:00 am

Until a griefer comes in or a war starts...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-26, 10:17 am

And when they grief the spawner they can get banned... Your point?
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-26, 2:35 pm

*Shrug* Just saying the spawner can get destroyed, and will be...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2