The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should mob farms be allowed?

+13
ivanelk
MaxxOverdrive
TheLolness
heishe
DarwinAssist
Toren
Arkitek
thewarthog
Diabloz
Boshiwukins
Habit
Blind_Merc
Kremit
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should mob farms be banned?

Should mob farms be allowed? Vote_lcap50%Should mob farms be allowed? Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 13 ]
Should mob farms be allowed? Vote_lcap46%Should mob farms be allowed? Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 12 ]
Should mob farms be allowed? Vote_lcap4%Should mob farms be allowed? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

Should mob farms be allowed? Empty Should mob farms be allowed?

Post  Kremit 2011-02-20, 5:22 pm

Im making this poll as i believe mob farms should be banned! it doesnt really fit the idea of kingdoms in total, makes items from mobs way too common. I have seen the legion mob spawner on my friends account when i was at his house (darwin was giving him a tour) and the rate at which it pumped out items was stupid. in times of war arrows shouldnt be that easy to get especially sulphur from creepers. being from australia you would think i want a mob spawner as pvp/pve is alot harder due to the latency we get.

just an idea i came up with.
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Should mob farms be allowed? Empty Re: Should mob farms be allowed?

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-20, 5:42 pm

Mob spawners only pump out loads and loads if you have a bunch of people standing in their spawn area, double or quadribling the spawns.

I think because of how uncommon they are, they should be allowed.

Other who else would I buy arrows off of? xD
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-20, 6:06 pm

didnt u try to make a mobspawner, guys even want to "buy" mobspawner from us, they google em up but those only work for singleplayer, we got the only mobspawner really well working without afk ppl, even if you would look into it you wouldnt find out why, its just cause diabloz exellent knowledge about how the mobs work. but well, the legion got one, lets ban it Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-20, 8:53 pm

I guess the only usefully thing about the hunger mod is it stops people afk camping for a day whilst in a mob spawner. >.<
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Boshiwukins 2011-02-20, 9:06 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:I guess the only usefully thing about the hunger mod is it stops people afk camping for a day whilst in a mob spawner. >.<

afk for 2 hours, eat some bread, go back to watching family guy.
Boshiwukins
Boshiwukins

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-20, 9:21 pm

Because You failed to build one, and i didnt you try to ban the mobspawner? the design took me 4 days to plan, 3 days to build, 1500 coins, 64 diamonds, alot of iron wood, cobble, coal trips to spawn after dieing and alot of labor you think you can just come here and step on my work and success? Why because you Fail? this should be closed because you fail to grasp the concept, the information is out there, use it. and we dont need to afk, my spawner gets 4700-8000 items per hour. meaning i can get an inventory full of an item i want in less then 1 hour. there is nothing being abused here so dont start stupid threads, just because you are to lazy to go out and look for the information.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-20, 10:03 pm

I like how you guys turn the topic into a Legion-hate topic.

"The legion has one, let's ban it"

You say everyone dislikes something if it's related to the legion.

And, stop saying they want to ban it because they were not able to accomplish it.
Just because something can happen because of a normal game mechanic doesn't mean it can't be abused.
An automatic free supply of sulphur, string, etc. would put a nation FAR ahead.

And don't say I'm saying this because "The legion has one"
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-02-20, 11:00 pm

Kremit wrote:I have seen the legion mob spawner on my friends account when i was at his house (darwin was giving him a tour) and the rate at which it pumped out items was stupid. in times of war arrows shouldnt be that easy to get especially sulphur from creepers.

Thats the thing that make us think it is a legion hate topic O_o

And It's not like we are the only ones that can do it anyone can make one. Yes ours is huge but Diabloz worked very hard on it.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-20, 11:25 pm

Arkitek wrote:
Kremit wrote:I have seen the legion mob spawner on my friends account when i was at his house (darwin was giving him a tour) and the rate at which it pumped out items was stupid. in times of war arrows shouldnt be that easy to get especially sulphur from creepers.

And It's not like we are the only ones that can do it anyone can make one. Yes ours is huge but Diabloz worked very hard on it.

i made 90% of it Sad
he was just the brain Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-20, 11:27 pm

thewarthog wrote:I like how you guys turn the topic into a Legion-hate topic.

"The legion has one, let's ban it"

You say everyone dislikes something if it's related to the legion.

And, stop saying they want to ban it because they were not able to accomplish it.
Just because something can happen because of a normal game mechanic doesn't mean it can't be abused.

And don't say I'm saying this because "The legion has one"

They Didnt have to mention the legion, in their post then, they had no right. and its not like we are stopping other factions from building mob farms. if we have these kinds of resources is because like in a real life nation, we invest in research and development. unlike other factions, our research and development team enjoys coming up with new projects inside the city. because our faction is so well organized in the inside every project we build is a success, everyone enjoys to contribute in a project, because they learn and feel like they also were part of it.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-02-20, 11:31 pm

Habit wrote:
Arkitek wrote:

i made 90% of it Sad

Sorry <3 lol
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-21, 12:17 am

Habit wrote:
Arkitek wrote:

i made 90% of it Sad

lol pretty sure it was 50/50
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-21, 12:34 am

thewarthog wrote:

It wasn't free. God didn't build it you know. What is wrong with an advanced nation? It is each nations own responsibilty to make theirs the best. If someone is really strong so what? Be stronger.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-21, 4:08 am

Habit wrote:didnt u try to make a mobspawner, guys even want to "buy" mobspawner from us, they google em up but those only work for singleplayer, we got the only mobspawner really well working without afk ppl, even if you would look into it you wouldnt find out why, its just cause diabloz exellent knowledge about how the mobs work. but well, the legion got one, lets ban it Very Happy

for starters how would you know if i tried to make one or not? i used the legions one as an example as its one that everyone knows about. this wasnt a "Legion hate" thread i dont care who has them i personally believe they should be banned. you legion guys/gals are so defencive how bout you just chill for a bit. i know there is a lot of hate towards and from the legionares but this thread was in no way a "legion hate" thread. and refering to the Bolded section of habits quote this just supports why they should be banned or limited!
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-21, 8:57 am

Kremit wrote:
Habit wrote:didnt u try to make a mobspawner, guys even want to "buy" mobspawner from us, they google em up but those only work for singleplayer, we got the only mobspawner really well working without afk ppl, even if you would look into it you wouldnt find out why, its just cause diabloz exellent knowledge about how the mobs work. but well, the legion got one, lets ban it Very Happy

for starters how would you know if i tried to make one or not? i used the legions one as an example as its one that everyone knows about. this wasnt a "Legion hate" thread i dont care who has them i personally believe they should be banned. you legion guys/gals are so defencive how bout you just chill for a bit. i know there is a lot of hate towards and from the legionares but this thread was in no way a "legion hate" thread. and refering to the Bolded section of habits quote this just supports why they should be banned or limited!

mission cobblebox? whos in? Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-21, 9:45 am

Kremit wrote:

just because you make a thread, and get a couple of your friends to vote yes, if the results come out as yes it doesnt mean they are going to do it. your wasting your time, my tower is completely legit. if you havent even tried to build one that makes you a hypocrite, because you are willing to destroy someones hard work without first seeing for yourself how it works.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-02-21, 9:51 am

Just got one thing to say to you kermit. I never gave anyone a tour of the castle so stop lying.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-21, 10:48 am

could u plz change the name of the topic to "should mob farms be banned?" basicly the thread says "should mobfarms be allowed" and the poll says "should mobfarms be banned" little irritating
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  heishe 2011-02-21, 11:01 am

It should not be banned. The success of a kingdom should only be determined by it's members and residents. As such, if a kingdom has smart researchers and engineers which build great machines to enhance the kingdom's wealth, so be it. A kingdom should not be limited in its ability to develop its own wealth by arbitrary rules brought upon by jealous folk of other kingdoms, unless there is a clear abuse of gameplay mechanics in a way that was not anticipated by the developers of the game, which clearly is not the case here.

If you see this as a bad abuse of gameplay mechanics, perhaps elaborate mine traps and minecart systems (which are built upon the very same, by (mainly) Notch intentionally implemented, mechanics as these monster farms) should be banned, too? Perhaps even anything based on redstons logics.

No, if other kingdoms are not able to build these machines because their people are not smart enough for it, that's their loss. You have no logically sound and objective arguments which speak for the banning of these farms. Your jealousy is not a logically sound argument.

Last edited by heishe on 2011-02-21, 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
heishe

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-21, 11:37 am

heishe wrote:It should not be banned. The success of a kingdom should only be determined by it's members and residents. As such, if a kingdom has smart researchers and engineers which build great machines to enhance the kingdom's wealth, so be it. A kingdom should not be limited in its ability to develop its own wealth by arbitrary rules brought upon by jealous folk of other kingdoms, unless there is a clear abuse of gameplay mechanics in a way that was not anticipated by the developers of the game, which clearly is not the case here.

If you see this as a bad abuse of gameplay mechanics, perhaps elaborate mine traps and minecart systems (which are built upon the very same, by (mainly) Notch intentionally implemented, mechanics as these monster farms) should be banned, too? Perhaps even anything based on redstons logics.

No, if other kingdoms are not able to build these machines because their people or not smart enough for it, that's their loss. You have no logically sound and objective arguments which speak for the banning of these farms. Your jealousy is not a logically sound argument.

pwned!, i like this guy xD
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-21, 11:52 am

Habit wrote:could u plz change the name of the topic to "should mob farms be banned?" basicly the thread says "should mobfarms be allowed" and the poll says "should mobfarms be banned" little irritating

Thank you habit. Didn't see that.

and I agree with exactly what heishe said.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-21, 12:51 pm

So im guessing our space program is going to be ban too? T_T Toren your not going to go to minecraft moon anymore Q-Q
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-21, 1:05 pm

Ironically, I voted "no" at first, as you can get quite a haul from just hunting at night, and sitting at the bottom of a chute having items fed to you is kind of boring, so not many people would probably not want to do it. But now that I think about it anyone with a mob spawner could amass enough TNT to literally hollow out the ground below us. Sure, nothing topside would be damaged, but all gold, diamonds, lapiz, and Redstone below 50y would be destroyed (or even worse, hoarded by the perpetrator), and even Iron would become somewhat of a luxury. It's only possible with a mob spawner...

Gathering arrows is really not that hard to do. 90% of the time, all you're missing to craft them is feathers, which you can find often enough to keep you well loaded. Same goes with string. Be proactive and you can pull plenty of string in one night. Mob spawners are a little too excessive for SMP use, to be honest. Not only that, but mob drops are affected by the amount of players logged in at the time. Killing as many mobs as a spawner does at once is sure to hurt others' ability to hunt efficiently.

If it's allowed, I'd like to change my vote to "yes" for banning mob spawners. If there's no way to for a mod to confirm that I voted "no", though, I will have to stand by my original choice.

If you can't make an adventure out of hunting and gathering and just want to stand in a chute, you're not RPing enough, and if you don't have to do things like hunting and gathering, you'll never have to RP enough. This is why, of course, only the Legion has one.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-21, 1:29 pm

MaxxOverdrive wrote:Ironically, I voted "no" at first, as you can get quite a haul from just hunting at night, and sitting at the bottom of a chute having items fed to you is kind of boring, so not many people would probably not want to do it. But now that I think about it anyone with a mob spawner could amass enough TNT to literally hollow out the ground below us. Sure, nothing topside would be damaged, but all gold, diamonds, lapiz, and Redstone below 50y would be destroyed (or even worse, hoarded by the perpetrator), and even Iron would become somewhat of a luxury. It's only possible with a mob spawner...

Gathering arrows is really not that hard to do. 90% of the time, all you're missing to craft them is feathers, which you can find often enough to keep you well loaded. Same goes with string. Be proactive and you can pull plenty of string in one night. Mob spawners are a little too excessive for SMP use, to be honest. Not only that, but mob drops are affected by the amount of players logged in at the time. Killing as many mobs as a spawner does at once is sure to hurt others' ability to hunt efficiently.

If it's allowed, I'd like to change my vote to "yes" for banning mob spawners. If there's no way to for a mod to confirm that I voted "no", though, I will have to stand by my original choice.

If you can't make an adventure out of hunting and gathering and just want to stand in a chute, you're not RPing enough, and if you don't have to do things like hunting and gathering, you'll never have to RP enough. This is why, of course, only the Legion has one.

Nvm i dont want to argue anymore
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-21, 1:44 pm

Lol this vote is ridiculous. It took us for ever and a day to build the mob spawner. And now your going to be like I can't build one so neither can them.

Its too late at this point to be fair to ban mob spawners. Its unfair because we already built it.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next