The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice)

+101
morten628
FrostDemon
bigtom213
Ser Isaac of Clarke
HottestPyro
airsoftinggod
Destroyaah
ChocoWayne
bigjay308
Minecrafter309
sonkiro
Alphavarg
sam1997
ColdfearGold
OfficeWhiteGlue
jarryd1909
rapistinhood
Matrimelee
Hojanna
Arathel
jozi02
glowacki
serndippity
drone13
Alaryc
lampful
SammoHalon
Manic3210
Dyon1102
Nestamakin
UberCookieboy
Maderas
greyforge
Lone_Knight
PhayzeShift
Twikki
WarhunterT71
oscargporter
rich101ard
Ultradude96
benhelmer
dan76296
Heraldus
Olathoris
JDmino
hidork
Cpt_Jak
Sir_Remski
Nathias
hi5566
tindrop
Hazzy
jack_9924
Seveen
xgoggsx
VanessaN
superlopuh
elitehater
GeTbAcKjAcK007
Pipe_Down
Amagous
Snowman
Hikarozu
BL00XER
Kemaro
Dew
AdrianRedd
Falzz
ManneOfSandvich
sonny_jim
Gnomesmasher
Churine
cooper5721dog
tib
karasakii
Poob
Agereautmore
dennisomgwtf
Doomkiwi
artimas22
Alleen
Cathartidae
Habit
KhaosLeper
Puppet-Master_
Applebeard
Naturamix
Aogu
ThySeven
joilpot
Roflbeeb
chg101
Blind_Merc
trimbers8
Dementor
Sevyn
Luke17
RevolutionBeginz
Durgroth
martx
Soto_Black
105 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) Empty Application to Join (Suspended until further notice)

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-25, 11:35 pm

The Kingdoms: New Dawn

Peace, War, liberty and the freedom of choice is what you will have in the land of The Kingdoms.

-Choose the path of the Vagabonds and align with no nation to live a free life wherever and however you wish. However this comes with consequences. You will not have the protection of the large walls of the Kingdoms nor will you have the support of fellow citizens. It can be a lonely life with little communication with other than those you meet on your journey. As a vagabond you can make money by mining materials and selling them to the kingdoms for their construction projects. You could also make money through more... dubious means if you so choose.

-Align yourself with one of the Kingdoms to ensure economic prosperity and protection from the outside world. Together under a Kingdom you can accomplish great things. Level mountains for resources and use the remaining land for farms. Smith weapons and armor to prepare for war. Navigate the world to establish outposts. Make yourself into a famous warrior for your Kingdom, or the hardworking miner that keeps everything moving. Help the kingdom stay healthy and farm for the baker. You have the freedom to do any job at any time. There is no classes or castes here, only hard working people of many talents.

-The Wizards (moderators/admins) are a small group of characters. They use their magic to help people out people from all over the land no matter what their affiliations are. They will help you out of a hole if you were to get stuck, or use their wisdom to enlighten those who ask. Wizards are good friends to make. They may help you with your construction projects and fight in your wars. However the Wizards curse is that if he helps out a Kingdom or Vagabond in anyway, he will loose his ability to use his protective magic and will be as vulnerable as any mortal man because a wizard can only have magic if he is neutral to all men. (note: application process required. Space limited)

The Kingdom Forums

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) MC5
Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) MC1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Idea

The point of this server is to give the players the power to shape the world not just in a literal way, but in a much bigger way.

This is a role playing server and will require you to be in character unless in /ch ooc (out of character channel command) Which will only be briefly used by players. Not to be used as a general chat channel.

The players will have a greater influence on the way the game goes than in a lot of other servers. With mods such as iConomy. A player may become rich enough to pay citizens of another nation or vagabonds to fight in their wars. The Possibilities are only limited by the mechanics of the game.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gameplay

Upon entering the world you will find yourself in a neutral marketplace bustling with activity and commerce. From there you will venture out into the world to make your mark, but be careful, once you venture too far from where you started you will no longer have the divine protection from the wizards safe haven. Out there you will find thugs, pirates, bandits and even monsters.

In your travels you will come across towns, villages, kingdoms and nations. Make friends with them, make enemies. It is all up to you traveler. Help them build their empire, apply to be apart of their faction and join them in their great endeavors to become the richest and most powerful. Make a name for yourself in the kingdom as a fierce warrior and lead crusades for your king to conquer the enemy! Become best known architect building grand spires and walls for the kingdom.

City life not for you? carve out a life for yourself in the remote countryside. Mine and farm for your living. Travel to the markets every other day to sell your bread and iron. Make friends with fellow vagabonds and settle down together. Who knows your little shack in the woods may grow into a nice community one day. The politics of the kingdoms can be so convoluted and worrisome. Yep the simple life is the way to go to relax and build a nice house for yourself.

However you might like danger. Sneaking around at night when no one else would even think of stepping out due to of all the monsters and creatures out there. Those puny pests don't bother you though. You have bigger things to take on like the kings horde of diamonds hidden in the kingdoms vault. Now if only you can figure a way in...

The life is yours to lead. Make your mark here traveler.

Some of the mods
Towny
CraftBook
iConomy
iShop
ChatChannels
and more

Griefing and Rules - You must read this to join
(What is Griefing to us?)

Griefing is a gray area and is looked at differently on each server. We have a simple philosophy that will dictate what griefing is and is not on our server.

Basically griefing is anything that is affecting the gameplay in a negative way and is done with little to no purpose. For instance a bandit finds a way into one of the kingdoms and starts destroying everything with a pickaxe. That would be griefing. There would be little reason for a bandit to do that. However a bandit who breaks down someones front door and goes into their house to steal stuff out of their chest, and make a run for it. That is not griefing.

Another form would be abusing game mechanics. For instance a player builds around another so that they are stuck inside of the enclosure. The player however could dig themselves out, but this would still be considered griefing because of the lack of purpose to it. Another form of this would be continually killing someone at the spawn. That would be a form of abusing the game mechanics for griefing.

The same philosophy will apply to building as well in the server. Make sure everything has purpose. We wouldn't enjoy seeing lots of 1x1 towers or incredibly huge structures in which most of all of the space within it is not even being used. Towers that reach as high as they can and take 5 min to reach the top to find that the builder is rarely in there.

The basic gist of all of this is to just use simple common sense. We are not going to have a big list of black and white rules dictating exactly what you can and cannot do, but we do have a few things that that must be stated to clarify, and they are posted below. Just use your head and make sure there is purpose to everything you build and everything you do.Did you read all this stuff? Put "I did" after your information in your post.

____(Rules)____

The New Life Rule - For those who are not aware of the new life rule, it is basically a convention used when a player is killed and they respawn with a new life. All bad blood between two players are gone after the death. This is to prevent actions of revenge, such as someone who spawns and another player follows them to kill them each time they leave the safe zone. Once the player is dead they "no longer exist" and you move on with your life. Killing someone for revenge is not okay. It only spirals into a feud between two players killing each other over and over again over something that happened many deaths ago. To sum it up. When someone dies they are basically a new person to you with the exception of faction members.

Raiding - When raiding your only goal is to steal from another player or kingdom, unless it is for some Role Playing purpose that is apart of the game play. Senseless destruction of their property for the sake of being a nuisance or getting some sort of revenge is not allowed. You will steal and then you will leave the way you came back.

When can you kill someone? - This is a free world in which you can do almost anything you wish. However there are certain guidelines to killing someone and almost completely pertain to griefing. You MUST have a legitimate reason to kill someone. You cannot run around randomly killing people looking for loot. You must be aware of your goal when killing someone. Enough so that the player killed even knows why you killed them. If a player puts in a dispute for a random killing and the reason you give is something simple like "I saw them walk out of their house" Is not good enough. Killing a farmer traveling to the market to sell his goods is not a candidate for being killed for loot. A merchant traveling to sell his diamonds is okay to kill however, but you must know that they are carrying valuables. If you kill a player without any valuables you will be punished unless there are reasons behind it that the killed player understands as well.

Swearing - Swearing is allowed if it is within context of the game. The only time swearing is not allowed is when it is being used to berate another player or being used in a fashion that is not in character. If you become angry at someone simply join the help channel for help and we will help you deal with the issue. You do not need to curse out another player because you are angry.

Skins - You are free to choose whatever skin you wish assuming it is not offensive or completely ridiculous. What is considered ridiculous may be subjective, but if it is obvious to everyone around you will be asked to change it.

Texture packs - Texture packs such as painterly and such are fine. Any X-Ray packs will not be allowed, and is considered cheating. You will be banned if you are using one. We have a very tight community, and if anyone has the least bit of suspicion you will be kicked giving you a chance to reload an unmodified client. We can see who has modified and who does not, if you come back to the server after being warned with a still modified client you will be banned.

Joining a Kingdom

So you're interested in working together in a kingdom? Well Kingdoms don't just let any vagabond off the road come in. You have to apply to join these elite groups of master warriors and architects. You will be serving your king, and in exchange you will get the protection of high walls and large numbers. In a kingdom you can accomplish much more than one man can. The community, and friends you become apart of here will last throughout your days in the lands.

To apply for a kingdom apply here on the forums.

Kingdom Applications

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chat System

To see the channels to join type /channels. From there you can choose the channel you want or your factions channel. If you are not in the faction of the channel you are trying to join you will not be able to get in. This way chats can be kept secret without people being able to spy.

If you have any problems in game or questions and need help type "/ch help"
to join the help channel and ask. Please keep it out of global chat.

There are several different chat channels in the game. Local, Faction,OOC, and Help.
To join a chat channel you type /ch channelname . To see a list of the channels type /channels

Examples of how to join a channel.

Out of Character = /ch ooc
The Redd Pirates = /ch trp
Local = /ch l

The local chat channel only talks to other players that are near by you.
It's helpful when you do not want others to hear what you are saying.

Money and Commands

To see a list of commands available to you simply type /help to see the next page of commands type /help 2 and so fourth to see the pages.

If there are any commands you want to see more info on simply type the commands name followed by a question mark.
ex. /money ?

We are using iConomy. It can be a little difficult to understand at first, but is quite simple once you get the hang of it.

To check how much money you have type /money
To pay another player /money pay player1 #
To access the shop type /shop

To get anymore info just type /money ? or /shop ? basically any command followed by a question mark will tell you how to use the command.

All if the items have numbers assigned to them. This is the current list of item ids to use when buying and selling items.
Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) ItemslistV110

Joining the server

We will want your name, your age and a description of your character, or what kind of way you will player the game. This is a role playing server and will require a certain amount of in character chat and activity. Please make your application in this format. We will just be doing a search on the page for the secret phrase and if it is not in your post it will be skipped over.

IGN:

Character Description:

If you have not been accepted READ THE WHOLE POST and you will see why. Sorry for taking a while. I am trying to get more people to whitelist to speed things up.

thekingdoms.servegame.com

or

Please click the link below and send us a Donation!

With Donations we can build a more powerful server with a higher speed connection to allow more players on lag free! We want to make this server the best massive faction based RP server out there. Lend us a hand and lets expand the world together!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=BGWVY8AH9HVJS&lc=US&item_name=The%20Kingdom%20%2d%20MineCraft%20Server&item_number=MCKING&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

Everything is subject to change. New factions, new chat channels, and new mechanics may be implemented at any time.

Last edited by Soto_Black on 2011-02-11, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) Empty Re: Application to Join (Suspended until further notice)

Post  martx 2011-01-26, 7:19 am

Do people that were on 2.0 have to apply again?
martx

Back to top Go down

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) Empty Application for Server

Post  Durgroth 2011-01-26, 11:46 am

IGN: Durgroth

Description of Character: Explorer/fighter; willing to serve the Kingdom however is necessary. Friend of KhaosLeper.

I Did, and I will not build ugly things such as 1x1 towers.

Last edited by Durgroth on 2011-01-28, 10:56 am; edited 3 times in total
Durgroth
Durgroth

Back to top Go down

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) Empty Re: Application to Join (Suspended until further notice)

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-26, 12:16 pm

IGN: RevolutionBeginz

Character Description: Miner, Builder and Scout. I just do things with a purpose and I do not make ugly stuff such as the 1x1 towers.

I will not grief

I will not build excessively, or abuse mechanics

I did.

Last edited by RevolutionBeginz on 2011-01-29, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-26, 2:13 pm

martx wrote:Do people that were on 2.0 have to apply again?

No
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke17 2011-01-26, 4:22 pm

Soto_Black wrote:

No

do people who were in 1.0 and alittle of 2.0 have to applie again?
Luke17
Luke17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-26, 6:58 pm

Luke17 wrote:
Soto_Black wrote:

No

No. Stop. The trolling. I am seeing what you are doing there. I do not want.

If that was a legitimate question, NO.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-01-26, 7:13 pm

Soto update screenshots...
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  Luke17 2011-01-27, 12:53 am

Sevyn wrote:
Luke17 wrote:
Soto_Black wrote:

No

? trolling ? that was a legitimate question ?

I honestly wasn't trolling I just wanted to ask that. I just wanted to make sure Embarassed I'm sorry if i annoyed you bounce
Luke17
Luke17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 10:09 am

Luke17 wrote:
Sevyn wrote:
Luke17 wrote:
Soto_Black wrote:

No

I honestly wasn't trolling I just wanted to ask that. I just wanted to make sure Embarassed I'm sorry if i annoyed you bounce

I'm just going to let you figure out why I thought you were trolling. End of discussion.

Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  trimbers8 2011-01-27, 4:23 pm

IGN: Elderchild

Character Description: Love to mine and always ready with a witty riposte.

I did.
trimbers8

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-01-27, 6:43 pm

Sevyn wrote:
Luke17 wrote:
Sevyn wrote:
Luke17 wrote:
Soto_Black wrote:

No

I'm just going to let you figure out why I thought you were trolling. End of discussion.

Stop quoting each other.Post in off topic please .
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-27, 6:57 pm

Demenotor wrote:
Stop quoting each other.Post in off topic please .

That was really unnecessary.

___
As for your question you were apart of 1.0 & 2.0 so you will not have to re-create an App. If the server is up and you cannot get online yet you are an old member, just message Soto or one of the Moderators. Very Happy

Just as Sevyn said, I believe it applies for 1.0 as well.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  chg101 2011-01-27, 7:02 pm

IGN:chg101

Character Description: Cousin of Roflbeeb, he strives to be a hard worker and a successful builder.

I did, and I will not grief or build 1x1 towers and the like.
chg101
chg101

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-01-27, 7:03 pm

chg101 wrote:IGN:chg101

Character Description: Cousin of Roflbeeb, he strives to be a hard worker and a successful builder.

Yup. He's my cousin! Please add him!
(If he gets out of line I can actually punish him IRL) Razz
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) Empty Application to Join

Post  joilpot 2011-01-27, 7:16 pm

IGN: joilpot

Description: When I start i will be alone and become a vagabound and steal in the night. Later on I might join Redd's Pirates cause they seem awesome lol! I am a proud fighter. A skilled archer. A curious miner. A stealthy theif. And a victorius tactician.

I did

Last edited by joilpot on 2011-02-13, 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
joilpot

Back to top Go down

Post  chg101 2011-01-27, 8:46 pm

you wont need to do that. and get a mike soon pllz
chg101
chg101

Back to top Go down

Post  ThySeven 2011-01-28, 8:40 am

IGN: ThySeven

Character Description: Miner, builder and very friendly and helpful! I love this game and I would never want to destroy it. (no griefing)
I love building regular shape building and digging in dirt in hope of finding some minerals..

I did.

Last edited by ThySeven on 2011-01-28, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThySeven
ThySeven

Back to top Go down

Post  Aogu 2011-01-28, 9:44 am

IGN: Aogu

Character Description: Building traps, exploring caverns and making various redstone contraptions.....

I did.
Aogu
Aogu

Back to top Go down

Post  Naturamix 2011-01-28, 10:10 am

IGN: Naturamix

Character description: I want to be relatively peaceful, live in a relatively small group with some friends who are already on the sever (such as applebeard) and mainly want to do building and farming.

I did, (I promise not to build anything hideous)
Naturamix

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-01-28, 10:36 am

just to say Aogu, naturamix and Elder child are with me and im almost certain they wont grief/ be tools, if they are, ill beat them irl >.> Suspect
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Puppet-Master_ 2011-01-28, 11:51 am

IGN: burninupinside

Character Description:i am a fun player and a friend with random man and puppet master

ps. random man needs to be whitelisted again
Puppet-Master_

Back to top Go down

Application to Join (Suspended until further notice) Empty Access to Server

Post  Durgroth 2011-01-28, 2:30 pm

Hey I'm not trying to troll, but is there any way I could be put on the whitelist before the server opens tonight?
I've already applied, and I was planning on joining a friend of mine on the new server. Thanks.
Durgroth
Durgroth

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-01-28, 2:55 pm

I sent Soto a message for you Durgroth. Hopefully he reads it so we can look around for places.
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-01-28, 4:24 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
chg101 wrote:IGN:chg101

Yup. He's my cousin! Please add him!
(If he gets out of line I can actually punish him IRL) Razz
-_-
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next