The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi

+3
Toren
Sevyn
Soto_Black
7 posters

Go down

Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi Empty Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi

Post  Soto_Black 2011-04-12, 6:03 pm

As many of you know Habit has been banned. Chivers (the banner) and I had a discussion about the situation and agreed that he should not be permanently banned. I know that some players have had issues with him and he does hold the record for being the most banned player on the server, however the fact still stands that he does actually care about the server and the people on it. We will be letting him back on after we have a discussion with him about proper game play and role play.

Permanent bans are reserved for players who's most intention is to just destroy everything and kill everyone without cause. In many cases Habit has diminished the game play for others without strictly breaking the rules, and in some cases has, however he has helped build the rules of the server through his activities (as bad as that sounds).

The reason I am making a post about this is to give a bit more transparency to the way we handle the players on the server. Some people feel that I am too soft and that I just arbitrarily unban players with little thought or reason. We usually have a discussion or forum post in the admin section where we could have a vote and make our points as to why we think someone should or should not be punished in which way or another. We also keep a thread which we named the Interpol thread. This thread is where we write players names down and all of the complaints incidents and rule breaking activity. This comes into play when we are figuring out what to do with a player. Habit for instance has a large record, but very few of the complaints are actual rule breaking, which makes it harder for us to make a decision in some cases.

The reason why some players may feel that we are lenient is because of the fact that we will only enforce rules that have been written and approved. The reason we do this is to ensure the safety of all players. It is very difficult to write definite rules for a server that is in such a state of flux. The very last thing I would want is for a player to be banned with little reason, or by an unwritten rule. In our server we have a special atmosphere of order and community, and part of that is because players can feel like they can make a home here and will not be banned or kicked for simple stuff like making an admin angry, or liking a band that the admin does not. These are actual reasons people have been banned from servers, but not ours.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to contradict myself. Recently I unbanned a player that was banned by Doomkiwi. I glanced over a post in the disputes section and saw that a long time player had been banned. Instead of asking Doomkiwi why he banned him and for how long, I unbanned him under the assumption it was a permanent ban, as stated above I do not feel that anyone currently on the server would ever deserve a permanent ban. Not even fully reading the post I did not see that the player even admitted to a certain degree to the rule breaking. I had began to read it and thought I already knew what it was about because of a previous conversation I had with another mod.

After getting the facts from Doomkiwi I saw that I had made a mistake in what I had done, especially in not getting all of the info. In doing this I diminished Doomkiwi's authority. I want to make it clear that Doomkiwi is in charge of roleplaying and will be enforcing it. Both him and I have the same role-playing goals for the server and I trust his decisions he makes based on it.

I apologize for this and will no longer be taking part in bans or unbans until I have spoken with the person who banned and have had a discussion about what is done, or to be done.

-So take note. Read the RP rules and understand them. We may not be public yet, but when we are you will need to know this stuff and even help the new players understand how we do things here.

Doomkiwi wrote:
I did not ban Lolness alone, Chivers was the one who had the final say and the ban length. It's not just my word against the rest of the server's.

When decisions like this are made they are not made alone by one admin or mod. So if you get mad at the one who banned, you are also getting mad at several others who made the decision.

Last edited by Soto_Black on 2011-04-18, 10:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi Empty Re: Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-12, 7:10 pm

Soto_Black wrote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now to contradict myself. Recently I unbanned a player that was banned by Doomkiwi. I glanced over a post in the disputes section and saw that a long time player had been banned. Instead of asking Doomkiwi why he banned him and for how long, I unbanned him under the assumption it was a permanent ban, as stated above I do not feel that anyone currently on the server would ever deserve a permanent ban. Not even fully reading the post I did not see that the player even admitted to a certain degree to the rule breaking. I had began to read it and thought I already knew what it was about because of a previous conversation I had with another mod.

After getting the facts from Doomkiwi I saw that I had made a mistake in what I had done, especially in not getting all of the info. In doing this I diminished Doomkiwi's authority. I want to make it clear that Doomkiwi is in charge of roleplaying and will be enforcing it. Both him and I have the same role-playing goals for the server and I trust his decisions he makes based on it.

Thank you for acknowledging this . . .
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi Empty Re: Habit, Bans, And an Appology to Doomkiwi

Post  Toren 2011-04-12, 9:06 pm

Thanks Soto! A fair decision
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Doomkiwi 2011-04-13, 1:50 am

Something not said in the OP:

I did not ban Lolness alone, Chivers was the one who had the final say and the ban length. It's not just my word against the rest of the server's.
Doomkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-04-13, 3:08 am

oh wait, lolness got permanent banned? what did he do, could someone tell me (private massage)
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-04-13, 3:38 am

Habit wrote:oh wait, lolness got permanent banned? what did he do, could someone tell me (private massage)

No it was not permanent. I thought it was at first though due to my lack of communication with him.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-13, 8:45 am

Really TheLolness got banned? I thought it was DarwinAssist you were talking about.

Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-04-13, 1:52 pm

I had no idea either had gotten banned... I just thought Habit left. I forgot about Lolness as I don't see him that often.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-04-13, 2:03 pm

i also apologized to doomkiwi idk if he forgave me but ive stopped playing for 2 weeks now and i still feel bad so idk anymore im too much of a nice guy to be such a jerk. if you guys think i should be perma ban just say it i wont fight it and ill go on with my life =/. Oh and the Reason for the ban wasnt even in the ic i think you should clear alot of stuff in the Rp rules because even me who know all the rules got ban because of the way i think compared to the way other people think.
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down