The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

+9
Toren
ryuukazu
Sevyn
Arkitek
Clinthor
Roflbeeb
Cypranex
Blind_Merc
draco222
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown - Page 2 Empty Re: (For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

Post  draco222 2011-04-09, 10:54 am

Chuint, think about what will happen when those people don't have jobs... More of a crisis when they can't spend any money. More people become homeless... So yeah
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown - Page 2 Empty Re: (For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-09, 10:57 am

Roflbeeb wrote:But honestly, I think Obama is getting more attention than he should. After all, he is a pretty poor president.

I think he's been thrust into a very difficult situation and is trying the best he can.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 10:58 am

Sevyn wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:But honestly, I think Obama is getting more attention than he should. After all, he is a pretty poor president.

I think he's been thrust into a very difficult situation and is trying the best he can.
He did decide to run for president, didn't he? If anything, he put himself in this situation.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-04-09, 11:27 am

Uh, you know the whole "Government Shutdown" was just a major PR ploy right? Basically the administration staged it so they could "save it at the last second". Which they did. The news covered it. "OBAMA SAVES THE GOVERNMENT! LOVE HIM!!!!" So much bull. I can't believe our own government would try to fool us like this. It's ridiculous. If a bad economy was all it takes to make a government shut down, this country would have failed years ago. Anyone who believed that this thing was legitimate is acting foolish.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-04-09, 11:30 am

Sevyn wrote:

If you wanna talk about being thrust into a difficult situation, you ever hear about a guy called Bush? That guy was just wrapping up his first year of presidency. In that first year he was steadily IMPROVING the economy, and helping to change quite a few good things about our country. People thought he was doing pretty good.

Then a few terrorists killed several thousand people. Now THAT'S a difficult situation. I don't know what I would have done then, and I'm sure I would have made mistakes too. Really, I don't think people give Bush enough credit for what he tried to accomplish. People go out of their way to demonize him, but with what he had to deal with, I'm sure we was just "trying the best he could".
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 11:31 am

AdrianRedd wrote:Uh, you know the whole "Government Shutdown" was just a major PR ploy right? Basically the administration staged it so they could "save it at the last second". Which they did. The news covered it. "OBAMA SAVES THE GOVERNMENT! LOVE HIM!!!!" So much bull. I can't believe our own government would try to fool us like this. It's ridiculous. If a bad economy was all it takes to make a government shut down, this country would have failed years ago. Anyone who believed that this thing was legitimate is acting foolish.

Ehehehehe..... I belived it for a while until I looked it up on Google. This is why I don't watch news on TV.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 11:37 am

AdrianRedd wrote:
Sevyn wrote:

If you wanna talk about being thrust into a difficult situation, you ever hear about a guy called Bush? That guy was just wrapping up his first year of presidency. In that first year he was steadily IMPROVING the economy, and helping to change quite a few good things about our country. People thought he was doing pretty good.

Then a few terrorists killed several thousand people. Now THAT'S a difficult situation. I don't know what I would have done then, and I'm sure I would have made mistakes too. Really, I don't think people give Bush enough credit for what he tried to accomplish. People go out of their way to demonize him, but with what he had to deal with, I'm sure we was just "trying the best he could".
I know?! People hate on Bush all the time, but I think he is one of the best presidents the US has ever had! All it takes is the media effing up to ruin his image and people hate him forever.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-09, 3:06 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
AdrianRedd wrote:
Sevyn wrote:

I know?! People hate on Bush all the time, but I think he is one of the best presidents the US has ever had! All it takes is the media effing up to ruin his image and people hate him forever.

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Although I think one or two wars may have been unnecessary.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-09, 3:13 pm

Sevyn wrote:

as a non-american and a neutral on-looker I have to agree a little on the war thing Razz
In my opinion obama is a great president. Not only does he care about his country and seem to be a relatively good leader but HE PLAYS BASKET-BALL!!!!! Laughing
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-09, 3:15 pm

MrSpoon wrote:
Sevyn wrote:

as a non-american and a neutral on-looker I have to agree a little on the war thing Razz
In my opinion obama is a great president. Not only does he care about his country and seem to be a relatively good leader but HE PLAYS BASKET-BALL!!!!! Laughing

Haha!
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathias 2011-04-09, 4:49 pm

Cypranex wrote:
The UK has always been my back-up plan. The exchange rate for USD - Euros is quite high right now.

The awkward moment when you try to spend Euros in the UK
Nathias
Nathias

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-09, 8:22 pm

Nathias wrote:
Cypranex wrote:
The UK has always been my back-up plan. The exchange rate for USD - Euros is quite high right now.

SIGG'D
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-04-09, 8:58 pm

... Gentlemen, there are Republicans on this forum...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 9:17 pm

draco222 wrote:... Gentlemen, there are Republicans on this forum...
Oh god, not another party war...

GO REPUBLICANS!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-10, 6:06 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
draco222 wrote:... Gentlemen, there are Republicans on this forum...
Oh god, not another party war...

GO REPUBLICANS!

Excuse me sir, but may I respectfully disagree with your choice in the American Political system?

Go communism facism communism again, never mind. I'm going to come up with my own style of government and found a country.

Any of you are free to join me as I initiate a takeover of the Farallon Islands.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-04-10, 6:53 pm

Good luck with that Sevyn. Once your country is powerful as it is destined to be I will join.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-10, 6:58 pm

draco222 wrote:Good luck with that Sevyn. Once your country is powerful as it is destined to be I will join.
My sarcasm senses are tingling . .

The government revolves around the worship of the deity Zevin. He will grant you anything! :3
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-04-12, 1:26 pm

Nathias wrote:
Cypranex wrote:

lul oops i thought for a moment that northern ireland still used euros Razz.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2