The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

+9
Toren
ryuukazu
Sevyn
Arkitek
Clinthor
Roflbeeb
Cypranex
Blind_Merc
draco222
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown Empty (For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

Post  draco222 2011-04-06, 4:24 pm

The American government is considering shutting down. It can't function because its economy is failing, miserably. In march, last month, it spent 8X over its income.

Discuss

I had to get this out, my generation is going to be ruined... it's upsetting.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown Empty Re: (For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-06, 4:34 pm

They'll find a way to scab money and pay for their debts. If they did smart things like running illegal hemp farms to create clothes and fuel under the nose of society, this problem may not have been so bad. xD

I say move out of usa.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

(For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown Empty Re: (For USA people mostly) Looming government shutdown

Post  draco222 2011-04-06, 4:40 pm

Razz

I doubt I'll leave New York unless Mr. Global Warming gets here, but still! I don't want to leave New York Sad

As for the rest of America, screw it... I'll move to france or Britain if I have to move elsewhere.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-04-06, 4:46 pm

draco222 wrote:Razz

I doubt I'll leave New York unless Mr. Global Warming gets here, but still! I don't want to leave New York Sad

As for the rest of America, screw it... I'll move to france or Britain if I have to move elsewhere.
Yeah. The UK has always been my back-up plan. The exchange rate for USD - Euros is quite high right now.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-06, 5:15 pm

Like Greece and Rome before it, the United States will fall. It is not an IF; it is a WILL.

CANADA! HERE I COME!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-06, 5:21 pm

The problem with such a massive government falling is that MANY people would want to leave - eventually other countries are gunna start saying no, or the US is going to try and keep people - probably causing the destruction of the whole place...
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Clinthor 2011-04-06, 5:52 pm

oh man the shutdown pisses me the fuck off. They can't do their fucking job right so the get payed time off wtf is that! lock them in congress till the reach a compromise or fucking fire them.
Clinthor
Clinthor

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-04-06, 6:35 pm

draco222 wrote:The American government is considering shutting down. It can't function because its economy is failing, miserably. In march, last month, it spent 8X over its income.

Discuss

I had to get this out, my generation is going to be ruined... it's upsetting.

The government is not "considering" shutting down, a shutdown can occur when congress has not passed a budget for government programs for this fiscal year. Without a budget, the government discontinues providing non-essential services until a budget is passed. Government employees who provide essential services are required to continue working.

Government shutdowns are also not that uncommon from what I have heard.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Clinthor 2011-04-06, 6:44 pm

I think the last one was in the 80s, not sure though
Clinthor
Clinthor

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-04-06, 6:48 pm

Just looked and the last federal government shutdown was in 1995.
But it happens a lot more often at the state level.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-06, 9:11 pm

Fuck that, I'm moving to Singapore, where you can't chew gum and the customs greet you with submachine guns in hand.

But the streets are sooooo clean
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-07, 9:03 am

Sevyn wrote:Fuck that, I'm moving to Singapore, where you can't chew gum and the customs greet you with submachine guns in hand.

And they have bubble tea! I've always wanted to try bubble tea...
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuukazu 2011-04-07, 3:20 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
Sevyn wrote:Fuck that, I'm moving to Singapore, where you can't chew gum and the customs greet you with submachine guns in hand.

Don't you guys have bubble tea in America?
ryuukazu
ryuukazu

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-07, 3:32 pm

ryuukazu wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:

No Sad
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-04-07, 3:58 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:

No Sad

yah we do Very Happy I luv it Smile like broccoli beef
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuint 2011-04-08, 5:51 pm

"Generation ruined?"

It honestly wont affect most folks. Unless you work for the federal government (like in a national park or monument), get paid by them somehow (social security and the likes should be safe), work for the military, or you're waiting for a passport or something in the mail you wont be bothered much. At least, that's what Im thinking from what Ive been told.
Chuint
Chuint

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-08, 6:45 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:

No Sad

If your talking about tapioca tea, go find a Quicklys. Delicious Smile
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-08, 6:47 pm

Sevyn wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:

No Sad

WOOT! Thanks Sevyn! I looked it up and they have one in Atlanta! A 45 minute drive, but it will be worth it!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-04-08, 7:35 pm

Sevyn wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:

No Sad

Yee thats what im talking about. Tapioca Express i think its called that is also pretty awesome Very Happy i like crispy chicken xDDDD
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-08, 11:52 pm

Toren wrote:
Sevyn wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:

No Sad

Yee thats what im talking about. Tapioca Express i think its called that is also pretty awesome Very Happy i like crispy chicken xDDDD

Haha, glad I could make you happy Roflbeeb. And yes, crispy chicken is awesome.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-08, 11:53 pm

WE HAVE BEEN SAVED
BY OBAMA

FUCK YEAH MISTER PRESIDENT

NO GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 8:07 am

Sevyn wrote:WE HAVE BEEN SAVED
BY OBAMA

FUCK YEAH MISTER PRESIDENT

NO GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN.
[sarcasm]
Yes, glory to Obama!
He singlehandedly solved the problem, just like every other thing that everyone worked together to come up with a solution (albeit, a solution that nobody liked Razz).

[/sarcasm]
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-04-09, 9:45 am

We do have bubble tea... COme to New YOrk and try some, they're everywhere. Anyway, the government hasn't shut down so its all good! YAY!
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-04-09, 10:20 am

Remember rolfbeeb people actually think the president has powers O_o and they blame him for every good and bad thing in the country. lol
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 10:24 am

But honestly, I think Obama is getting more attention than he should. After all, he is a pretty poor president.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next