The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Background info on seperate players

+6
Littlemoomoo
Toren
Sevyn
skeletonboy
AdrianRedd
Cypranex
10 posters

Go down

Background info on seperate players Empty Background info on seperate players

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-08, 7:09 pm

Ok, well I just got this idea from applebeards post in the "General" thread. All the new players get to have a background which they include in their post. Well, I believe everyone should be able to include in this thread a post dedicated to their RP character, (Looking at you here Adrian) so they can get ready for when we really start to Roleplay. Chivers said that Soto is waiting for the new Bukkit before we really delve deep into RPing, which I believe will give us ample time to conduct stories about our characters. I will make my own once a few people have posted, so I know its a good idea and I won't be embarrassing myself by being the only one to reply to my thread.
Here are the rules:
1) Everyone is only allowed one post, and that post has to be about their character as I described above. If you have an opinion on something then make another thread or pm someone.
2) A minimum of a paragraph (5 sentences) is needed. Don't just say some bs like "My character comes from underwater, where he is known as the god of dolphins." No people. We need something deep. Give us something good, or don't give us anything at all.
3) Has to include a job, age, and place of origin.

Thats pretty much all. PM me suggestions.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Background info on seperate players Empty Re: Background info on seperate players

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-02-09, 12:09 pm

Cypranex wrote:(Looking at you here Adrian)

LINK
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Background info on seperate players Empty Re: Background info on seperate players

Post  skeletonboy 2011-02-09, 2:00 pm

Skeletonboy was a normal kid, travelling with his parents by minecart to the market as they did every Saturday, when they found a hole in the track. Telling the child to stay in the cart, his parents got out to attempt to repair the track, but unfortunately, it was to be their last blocks placed. The creeper explosion threw the cart off the rails, and into a deep, dark cavern that Skeletonboy could find no way out of. Eating only the occasional mushroom that he could find, he became weaker and weaker until he could no longer walk, when one day, after he had given up hope, a group of skeletons spawned in the shadows near him and as he was so thin, they mistook him for their own, and raised him to find his way around the caverns that he had feared for so long, which is how he got his name. As he became stronger and gained weight however, the skeletons realised their mistake and attemped to kill him while he slept. He managed to fend them off for long enough to escape to a lower area where there was lava enough to stop monsters spawning. He saw glints of diamonds in the walls, so he knew that he was deep enough to attempt to find the delicacy of slimes that he had heard his parents talking about.

Years passed, and Skeletonboy had forgotten what it was like to see the moonlight on a clear night, or to swim on the ocean with the squids. Sometime earlier, he had found the pack of a dead miner, which luckily had some wood in it, which he used to make a basic pickaxe and start a small fortress in the cave that was his home. He had killed enough spiders to make himself a bow, and had a few arrows to use if all else failed. He knew that he could survive until his wood ran out.

Skeletonboy was closing all the doors in preparation for a short nap, when he heard a sound he hadn't heard in a very long time. It was the sound of human voices. He ran towards the sound as fast as he could, and was soon greeted by the sight of two huge men walking down the cavern. It was so long since he had needed a name, so he had forgotten what he had been christened, so he introduced himself to the men as Skeletonboy. Their names were Soulcom and Blind_Merc, leaders or the Sigma Coalition which was in need of members. It didn't take much persuading for Skeletonboy to climb the mineshaft into the bright sunshine.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-09, 9:11 pm

Hey guys, do you want me to move this to Lore? This is some nice work ^^
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-09, 9:25 pm

Sevyn wrote:Hey guys, do you want me to move this to Lore? This is some nice work ^^

Yeah I think that's where it sort of should be under
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-02-10, 12:11 am

Heres what i've got:

Littlemoomoo was new to minecraft, and discovered that his login would be his IGN....FML
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-11, 12:57 pm

Grunt wrote:Heres what i've got:

Littlemoomoo was new to minecraft, and discovered that his login would be his IGN....FML

pwnd
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-13, 7:28 pm

"You ready, Cyp?" asked Aero.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I replied.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me and Aero were mercenaries. The best our organization had. We had trained together from the beginning. The both of us had been paired up on our first mission in a tropical country way out west. We were both straight out of the training course, with no experience under our belts. It was a simple mission. Run in. Plant the TNT. Run out. We did better than our boss had hoped. We weren't spotted, so their was no unnecessary killing. We had also nabbed some important information that later proved crucial to the safety of the our mercenary business. That got us in the boss's good books.

Right now, we were on a mission to assassinate a corrupt leader. Apparently, he had been taking advantage of his city and hoarding a large fraction of their city's diamond and gold income. A wealthy noble of their area hired us to take him out. It was meant to be an easy job. But it all went terribly wrong...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ok then. Let's do this." said Aero.

We both dived off the wall into the deep fountain at the base of the castles mammoth defenses. Using blueprints bribed from a drunken and broke architect, we had devised a plan to break in. The only real defenses shown on the papers were the walls, which had archers posts built all over, including towers. The walls were not a problem. Using grappling hooks and spikes, we could create a temporary scaffolding which could be used to traverse the dangerous walls. After that, we would take out the guards and make our way to the target. It seemed easy for mercenaries of our position. Almost not worthy of our skills.

"Something weird is going on here Cypranex." muttered Aero, "It's too simple... there were only two guards on that entire section of the wall."

"Don't freak out. That fat king is probably to confident in his own money to worry about being killed." I assured him.

"Well... if you say so..."

I could tell he didn't believe me. Aero was always the less confident of our pair. He actually thought things through, while I dived straight in to the scuffle. This wasn't necessarily a bad thing. My teacher always used to say that I needed someone to think for me, before I got myself killed.

We found the window that we had decided was the best place to gain entry to the main part of the kings quarters. We used the same techniques we had used to scale the outer walls to make our way up to the window. Aero went first, because he was more nimble than me. I waited for confirmation that Aero had made it safely up. When I didn't hear anything, I assumed that Aero had forgotten. I climbed up after. Right while I was pulling myself into the window I thought "Aero doesn't forget..." But by then it was too late.

There were two things that immediately caught my eye about the room.
One: It was completely full of guards.
Two: Aero was held at swordpoint in the middle of this pack.

When I look back at this moment (which I do a lot), I cannot really recall what happened in that room. All I remember is drawing my sword and knife and charging into the group. It was a blur of motion and pain. I remember being stabbed in my left arm with a dagger, and Aero being dragged from the room. I looked around me and saw that I had killed 12 of the guards. I didn't stay to dwell upon this, because I had to keep up with Aero. I ran past dozens of rooms, each filled with guards. I thought as I went along, "This was all a setup. They had guards posted at each window, ready to take us the moment we waltzed in. Aero was right. This was too easy."

I finally caught up with the two guards who were with Aero. Suprisingly, instead of two guards, there were around 30. I realized there was no way out of this. My one priority was to save Aero. But the moment I took a step forward, a single guard shot an arrow at my partner. Time slowed down. Each agonizing moment seemed more intense than the last, because I knew there was no chance in the world I would reach Aero in time. With his last breath, Aero cried out:

"Run Cyp! There's no chance with all these people!"

And he was gone. Just like that. I felt an anger in me, that I had never felt before. The pain in my arm was gone, replaced with a furious desire for revenge. I threw my knife and nailed the man who had shot Aero between the eyes. I then went on to attack and maul the rest of the group. I was invincible. I was unstoppable. When I finally slowed down, I realized I was the only one left in the room. All the guards were either dead or had run away. I was too confused. I had to get away. I dived out of a second story window, and didn't even notice the pain as I sprained my ankle. I ran. And ran. I didn't stop. I rested in a cave behind a waterfall, and tried to sleep. When it finally came, it wasn't calm as I had hoped. It was a turbulent hurricane of fear, where I had to relive every single moment of the previous day.

When I woke up, I tried to organize my thoughts. I completely destroyed any alliegences I'd had, and proposed a new life for myself. But first, I tracked down the person who had hired us and killed him. That left me to simmer over Aero's death, blaming myself over and over again. I wandered everywhere, selling myself to every odd job that came around.

I finally found myself in a new land, simply known as The Kingdoms. I was met by a man named Roflbeeb. We became good friends over a drink in a bar. He offered me a place to stay in his home of Outremer, with his close friend Bl00xer and his cousin, Chg101. I was tempted, but I refused. It just wasn't the life for me. Heading west, I came upon a developing kingdom. There was a single man there, named Ivan Elk. He instantly struck me as a noble and intelligent person. He told me of his group, called the Revolutionary Legion. I asked who the leader was. He replied:

"Our leader is known as Habit. He is a great fighter, and an even greater leader. He is in charge of the greatest force to ever set foot on this land. The Legionaires!!!"

This moving speech spurred something inside of me, which I hadn't felt for years. Courage. Responsibility. Community. Who knows, I might even be able to fight again. I signed up, and made the best choice of my life.

Tell me wat u think. I might expand on my back-story a bit, or add some of my previous (or later) missions if you guys like it. Please no trolling about stupidity. Plz :3
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Boshiwukins 2011-02-16, 3:24 pm

I wrote about half my story, then when i pressed backspace it didnt actually backspace, it went back to the last page viewed lol!
Boshiwukins
Boshiwukins

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 8:44 pm

Currently wrighting Kremits background ect will modify this post when im done!

I vote that this should become Compulsory, that way people cant change there tune half way through without a legit reason. This way it will enforce the Roleplaying and encourage it!
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Background info on seperate players Empty Prof. Solo Buildsmith OR The Obsidian Bandit

Post  solo7319 2011-02-20, 6:38 pm

The wintry sky was foreboding, chilling, and dark. It suited him... He had been on the run for three months now, and the days were starting to blur together. He glanced back at the ramshackle hut, simply one of the thousands he had built as he moved over the terrain, even though he realized they formed a trail straight to him. If they were going to recapture me, they would have long ago...He sighed, and continued surveying the landscape. As an outcast from the Order of the Perfect Cube, he had a fine sense of architectural beauty, and he saw it everywhere in these mountains. However, even the Order of the Cube couldn't prevent the fact that King Phydronus, the ruler of his home kingdom Phyphlia had wanted him killed. His name was Solo Buildsmith.
He closed his eyes and reminisced...
============================
It had started out as a bet. Solo had accepted a job to re-design the protection around the legendary Diamond Sword of Phyphlia and his peers wouldn't believe him. One night, a friend jokingly asked him to steal it, as he had a perfect map of the defenses, having designed them, and it's protection was weak, as the project was yet unfinished. Solo saw this as an opportunity to escape the constant pressure of his peers once and for all. The defenses, however, were more than strong. The Sword was in a chamber at the top of a 64-block gray stone tower, which in turn was in a small fortress surrounded by a 10-square deep zombie-infested moat, and the fortress was sheathed in bedrock/adminium! It took him three days to plan it, but in the end he had it all figured out. He snuck through the moat at daybreak, when the zombies daily burned up, but before they were replaced with spiders. He then triggered a redstone circuit that he had set up the day before, which triggered TNT-as the fortress was sheathed in bedrock no harm came to it, but it caused a major distraction. Then, using a stack of 64 gray wool, painstakingly collected earlier, he made a 1x1 tower 64 blocks high, with him on top! Opening one of two windows in the chamber, he saw the final chest that contained the fabled Sword. He strode toward it--and set off a pressure-plate powered alarm! A klaxon-like Note Block wailed -but Solo was certain. He grabbed the Sword and jumped out the window. Bad mistake. His wool tower was stationed at the other window and he plummeted to near death.
-------------------------------------------------
Back in the wintry hinterlands, Solo grimaced. He had survived, but only barely. However, he had had the sword, which had emboldened him. He carried out three more raids on King Phydronus' treasury, but then one of his friends noticed the Diamond Sword sitting in Solo's apartment. He had to hoof it then, and had left all his loot behind...
----
Two more months passed...
---
Solo looked out of his lofty treeward perch. It was spring now, and crops everywhere were being sown. Solo had never seen such a prosperous region, and as his evasive wanderings had carried him far, he felt that perhaps he could stay here... Raid a little, build a lot, perhaps in one of the towns he could see, their cookfire smoke gracing the cloudy sky. He grinned. Here was an opportunity for a new beginning...
I'm not sure why I'm bothering to write this, as I haven't yet been accepted to the server, but please, read with pleasure...
solo7319

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down