The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated Plugin Info

+11
draco222
Amagous
Soulcom
Dementor
Blind_Merc
Diabloz
Sevyn
igortv123
Littlemoomoo
jcdomini
Soto_Black
15 posters

Go down

Updated Plugin Info Empty Updated Plugin Info

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-27, 8:14 pm

This is an updated layout of the plug in. I am still looking for loopholes or possible exploits. If anyone can spot them please point them out. It was written in word and was laid out real nice, but pasting them in the forums kind of squished it back together so its a little harder to read.

Default Players (Needs to be done, but not top priority)
-All players will automatically be in the local channel.
-All players can set their compass to point to wherever they want using a command
-All players can start shops
-All players can create a “town”
-A /help command with pages that can list all of the commands available to a player. The commands displayed will be different depending on what rank you are or if you are a king.
-Logging off right after an initial attack blow against you will cause you to drop everything in your inventory on logout.

Kingdom System (Priority One)
-Plot = X amount of blocks
-Player can claim a plot of land for protection
-This protection keeps players not in the “town” from destroying blocks, and opening wooden doors
-This player can invite others to the protection giving them more blocks. The player invited is prompted with a choice to either accept the invitation and become a part of the town, or deny it
-Only the player who starts the town may invite people unless changed by the player with the ranks system (see rank system)
-As the player invites more players the amount of clamed blocks will grow. The amount of claims that can be claimed per person in the town will be determined by the administrator via a text file.
-After the player’s town reaches (X amount of players determined through text file) people the creating player will then have access to a command to create a kingdom. This command essentially will allow them to choose the name of the Kingdom and will grant them X amount of claims. Example /newkingdom mykingdom
-After this point every plot claimed by the kingdom will display a message to users who enter with something along the lines of “You are now entering the land of mykingdom” When exiting the players will receive a message saying something like “You are now leaving the land of mykingdom”
-After the name is chosen a chat channel will be generated under that name and can only be accessed by members of that kingdom.
-The members of that kingdom will join that channel on default.
-Claimed land will not have monsters spawn on them.
-Leaders can set laws down that can be read through a command /laws
-When a kingdom falls to 6 players or below within the kingdom it will revert back to being a claimed land and will lose all kingdom abilities.
-If a player in a kingdom does not log in for two weeks they are dropped from the kingdom
-Players in a kingdom cannot join other kingdoms
-If a player leaves a kingdom while in their land they will be teleported back to spawn.
-PvP will be disabled between faction members. You cannot kill members of your own faction.
-Making an allegiance with another kingdom will disable PvP between those two factions, but will keep protection intact against eachother.
-A second chat channel will be created that only the members belonging to one of the factions of the allegiance will be able to join. Allegiance chat will be a different color.
-A king can start an allegiance with another kingdom using a command such as /ally otherkingdomname the allegiance’sname
-The king on the receiving end will get a message saying “Kingdom1 wants to make an allegiance with you, Do you accept?”
-The commands can be /ally yes or /ally no. In return the offering king will get a response back “Kingdom 1 does not want to ally with you at this time” depending on the outcome of their decision.
-Commands to allow them to break allegiance will be added /ally leave
-Only kingdom leaders can use the /ally commands

Commands
/claim (claim the area, size is determined by admins)
/newtown townname
/destroy townname/kingdomname (deletes the kingdom or town)
/invite playername
/kick playername
/protect off/on (Turns the protection on or off on the claimed land)
/newkingdom kingdomname (one time use command, It selects origin of kingdom)
/kingdom (a general command for kingdom information, could have more functions later)
/leave (king or leader cannot /leave the town)
/join
/newleader playername (a command only a leader can use, sets the new leader of the kingdom or “town” leader.)

Economy System (Priority two)
-Players will be able to create shops and set the size depending on the player’s needs.
-The shop will have a maximum amount of blocks that a player can use.
-When entering a shop you will have a message displayed telling the player they are entering the shop and what the name is “Welcome to ShopName”
-Players will be able to list items they have on them to be sold in the shop. The item is removed from their inventory. Once it is purchased by another player the transaction is made.
-Players will be able to use a command to see a list of items being sold in a shop and can purchase them with a command
-Shops built within a kingdom’s land will pay taxes to the king for every transaction. The taxes will be set by the king or anyone granted with the ability.
-The player can name the shop.
-The player can destroy the shop, but can only destroy their own shop.
-Players start with a default of only being able to make one shop, but may be able to make more shops. (Level system for Merchants?)
Commands
/shop create shopname size (return with “shop size is too large” if they exceed the given blocks)
/shop list (shows a list of items being sold and bought when in a shop. Return with “You are not in a shop” when the player is not in a shop)
/shop buy itemname amount
/shop purchase item amount purchaseprice (adds an item that you wish to purchase and the quantity)
/shop sell itemname amount cost
/shop stock itemname amount sellprice (if you are a shop owner you can restock your store with items to be sold with this command)
/money (generic command, shows players balance)
/money pay amount playername (pays a player a specific amount)
/money credit amount playername (admin command. Allows admins to give money to players)
/money debit amount playername (admin command. Allows admins to take away money from players)

Rank System within the Kingdom System (Priority Three)
-The Kingdom leader will have the ability to set only players within their kingdom to certain ranks.
-A default list of ranks with abilities will be provided. These default ranks and their abilities will be adjustable via a text document.
-The Ranks will have certain abilities assigned to them. Examples - Toggling Protection, Setting Taxes, Recruiting others to join the kingdom, Renting claims of land to other players, Jailing members of the kingdom, Setting Bounties, Bringing players to Court etc..
-Kingdom Leaders can set up custom ranks with chosen abilities. For example if a King wanted to make a rank for a player to be a sheriff who can adjust taxes, invite players to the kingdom and jail people, he could use a command like this /newrank Jailer jail+recruit+tax
and then set the player to this rank using /setrank littlemoomoo Jailer
-The rank title will be a prefix in the player’s name in chat
Commands
/rank list (shows a list of ranks and their abilities plus the number of players in each)
/rank playername (shows the rank of that player and their abilities)
/setrank playername rankname
/newrank rankname ability+ability..

Abilities to Grant or Deny
Toggling Protection
Setting the Taxes of the city
Recruiting other players into the city
Creating Cuboids
Renting Cuboids out
Jailing members of the kingdom
Fining members of the kingdom
Bringing players before the court
Setting the court room location
Setting Bounties

Custom Cuboids in Kingdoms (protection and renting) (Priority 4)
-Leaders and players given the ability can cuboid certain areas within their kingdom to have customized options added to them. They can select the cuboid and then name it. /cuboid create nameofcuboid.
-A leader can cuboid an area for rent. Other players cannot build on this land unless they have access to it or they are renting it.
-The rent cost will be set by the leader or player who creates the cuboid through a command such as /cuboid cuboidname rent 200, making the rent 200 every week. We can work on the interval.
-The cuboid selected can be designated to only being allowed to be accessed by certain ranks. The command could look like /cuboid cuboidname allowed sheriff
It can be used again to allow another rank /cuboid cuboidname allowed Guard
-There will be a command to take away building privileges of certain ranks with a command like /cuboid cuboidname disallowed Guard.
-The player who rents the property can allow people to build on it if they wish using a command like /rent allow name of player
-The player can rent multiple properties, therefore the player will need to be standing in the rented cuboid to use commands specific to that rented cuboid such as /rent allow playername
-Leaders and privileged can delete the cuboid using a command like /cuboid cuboidname delete

Court, Fines, and Law system (Priority 6)
-A player within a Kingdom is under the kingdoms laws
-Leaders or privileged players can create laws using a command like /law new displayedlawtext
-Players can see the list laws when they type /law
-Players within the kingdom can be taken to court by those who are given the ability to /court
-The accused player is teleported to the court room in which the trial will take place
-The leader will have the ability to set the location of the court room using a command like /court setroom
-The leaders have the ability to fine a player using a command
-The fine command would look like /fine playername 10. The number 10 being a percentage of what the player has in their balance, and not the amount of coins being fined.
-A maximum of a 20% fine can be issued
-If possible a cooldown timer after someone is fined so that it cannot be abused to fine over and over until they are broke.
-If found guilty a player can be jailed using a command /jail player timelength reason. The player will get a message saying “You have been jailed for X minutes for REASON”
-The king and privileged can set the jail’s position with a command /jail set
-The king and privileged can set the jail’s exit position using a command /jail exit. This is where the player is teleported after they are released (If abused command will be taken away and players will end up back at spawn)
-Players cannot be jailed any longer than 5 minutes
-Player is sent to the jails exit
-No one but the king can build or destroy the jail after its location has been set so that no matter what rank a player is they cannot break out.
-Execute command can be issued by the king or specified ranks. The command will kill a player instantly. (Cool down timer would be good for this command) It would look like /execute playername

Bounty System (Priority 7)
-Leaders can set a bounty on a player who is not a part of their group.
-Leaders can choose to make it a public bounty or a bounty specific to their faction.
-If the leader were to make the bounty private to their own faction, other players who kill the bounty target will not receive any coins. Only the player within the faction of the leader who set the bounty will receive the rewards.
-There will be a minimum price set on bounties to keep leaders from constantly creating cheap bounties.
-A message to all members within that faction will get a message to the effect of “Chivers706 has a bounty of 150 coins on their head”
-A command to be used to see all current bounties and their worth. This will be specific to each faction.
-There will be a list of general bounties that can be seen by all players and factions.

Putting out Hits (Priority Cool
-Any player can set a hit on another, and hire anyone to do it except themselves or the person being hit. The hit will be set at a decently priced minimum that can be adjusted by admins
-When putting a hit on someone a player (unlike the bounty system) you can only hire one person to do it
-A command would be used to the effect of /hit hittarget price hitman
-The chosen “hitman” will be prompted to either decline or accept the hit. A prompt such as this will pop up “An anonymous player has ordered a hit on littlemoomoo for 200 coins. Do you wish to accept?”
-The hitman can /accept or /decline

Last edited by Soto_Black on 2011-02-02, 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Updated Plugin Info Empty Re: Updated Plugin Info

Post  jcdomini 2011-01-27, 8:33 pm

It all looks pretty good to me and I'm really excited for the server to fire up!

One question - with Towny, you could set your protected region, but if the wall was within 3-4 blocks of the boundary, players outside your faction could stand on wilderness blocks and destroy Towny blocks. Will this be resolved with the custom coding or should it still be taken into consideration?

Also, with the claims process for individuals - From what I remember it's a 16x16 block of land - is it the entire Y dimension too? i.e. bedrock to sky - or is it only 16 blocks in the vertical too that can be claimed? Thanks for the awesome server!
jcdomini

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-27, 8:38 pm

jcdomini wrote:It all looks pretty good to me and I'm really excited for the server to fire up!

One question - with Towny, you could set your protected region, but if the wall was within 3-4 blocks of the boundary, players outside your faction could stand on wilderness blocks and destroy Towny blocks. Will this be resolved with the custom coding or should it still be taken into consideration?

Also, with the claims process for individuals - From what I remember it's a 16x16 block of land - is it the entire Y dimension too? i.e. bedrock to sky - or is it only 16 blocks in the vertical too that can be claimed? Thanks for the awesome server!

We will be fixing it so no one can break the blocks inside the "towny" no matter where they are standing.

It will probably go 40 below and 40 above your claimed land.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-01-27, 9:13 pm

Why am I always an example when it comes to killing or being wanted -_-
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-27, 9:14 pm

Grunt wrote:Why am I always an example when it comes to killing or being wanted -_-

I thought it was appropriate =P
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-27, 9:14 pm

What have you done moomoo?!
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 9:30 pm

igortv123 wrote:What have you done moomoo?!

He likes to trap people.

STARES.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-01-27, 11:32 pm

last time i used a bucket on littlemoomoo and i got milk 0_0
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-28, 12:42 am

Diabloz wrote:last time i used a bucket on littlemoomoo and i got milk 0_0

Stolen. Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-01-28, 7:37 am

Blind_Merc wrote:
Diabloz wrote:last time i used a bucket on littlemoomoo and i got milk 0_0

Stolen. Very Happy

Stolen :3
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-28, 12:31 pm

I think it would be a good idea to have a forum section just for plugin suggestions and news.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-28, 1:17 pm

Soulcom wrote:I think it would be a good idea to have a forum section just for plugin suggestions and news.

That sounds like a good idea.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Amagous 2011-01-31, 1:51 am

Sounds great, though I had four idea's that I think are worth looking at.
And yes I know its a long post, but please bare with me. These are idea's that, at least in my mind, are well constructed and hold promise, rather than a however many paragraph rambling on of almost nothing.

1. Change the fine % back to a number.
IMO, it's not fair if, say, one player is fined 50 coins for theft and another is fined potentially 8000, for the same crime. If a player can't pay the fine, they should simply be jailed or given community service or some other such action chosen by the judge/person who /court'd them.

2. Instead of a complicated rent system, what about making renting "player run" instead of a plugin?
Aka, the cuboid isn't technically there's, though you could section it off with cuboid so that its 2 sections in one. (Easily done, you just make the one large cuboid, like 5 by 4 chunks, then choose the however many chunks to rent out, and make it its own cuboid. All over-ruling abilities of people in the larger cuboid are carried over to the small cuboid made inside it automatically) Then player's can set up any sort of arrangement they want for rent, including trading items for rent instead, or not having a punctual rent, and player's could be assigned to "muscle" the money out of someone if needed. Point is, it leaves alot more options open then your idea from what I can see, and would add to RP.

3. I've had alot of experience with bounty systems on all sorts of games including minecraft, and a system that I've seen work really well(though, as all systems, it has its faults) is the "player run" system. Basically, nothings automated. A player can go to a bounty office or some such structure or board set up, and view the Person(s) the bounty is on, how much or what is being offered for it, whats to be done, and who posted the bounty. That way, players can call a counter hit if they find out, or bounty hunters can negotiate prices and payment with the person who played the bounty. And last but not least, there shouldn't be any minimum bounty/hit cost. If all a player can scrounge up is, say, 5 gold, and someone's willing to do the job for that much, they should be allowed to, since most players would probably laugh at the bounty and just ignore it.

To help control bounties though, instead of a minimum price, put a time limit so that if a bounty isn't accepted by someone or done with in a specified ammount of time(either set by an admin such as 48 hours for all bounties or chosen(with in reason) by the person who placed the bounty), its taken down by whoever runs the bounty office.

This style of a bounty system has always worked in my experiences.

And 4. Remove the concept of faction mates not being able to attack eachother.
Justice with in a faction, if its going to be given its own court system, should be fully given to the faction. This way, if two players have a dispute, they will be able to "settle it" with out needing to drag politics into it. It will also allow for more roles with in the game, such as city guards that patrol the city, since they will have more purpose than simply watching out for enemy "Assassin's" or "Spy's" or the like.

It'd also allow players to train there swordsmanship on fellow faction member's, though you could roleplay the "death" as being KO'd instead or something of the sort.

Just my two cent's Smile Absolutely love the rest.
And please, don't take this the wrong way. I've tried to pitch idea's in this manner in other communities before and was promptly shunned and in one case even banned. I am not trying to be rude or cocky or instantly convert your community to my liking, I am well aware that I have little to no say in what happens. I am simply trying to put my experience to use and give you, the community and its leaders, some more options that you may not have thought of to contemplate for use Smile
Amagous

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-01-31, 6:39 am

I'm just saying, it doesn't really seem the kings have any more obligations to do than normal workers. They should arm their soldiers, (buy the materials needed) or do something like that... I haven't really seen this happening and if we really are aiming for a kind of feudal system than this should be implemented. However, what we have isn't terrible either.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-01-31, 7:45 am

draco222 wrote:I'm just saying, it doesn't really seem the kings have any more obligations to do than normal workers. They should arm their soldiers, (buy the materials needed) or do something like that... I haven't really seen this happening and if we really are aiming for a kind of feudal system than this should be implemented. However, what we have isn't terrible either.

i agree completely Very Happy
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-01-31, 7:49 am

!!!!!!

Last edited by Habit on 2011-01-31, 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-01-31, 7:59 am

are they working now?
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Boshiwukins 2011-02-22, 8:38 pm

if you betray your kingdom and go on a stealing rampage, you can use the leave kingdom command to go to spawn as a get out of danger free card.
Boshiwukins
Boshiwukins

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-02-22, 9:31 pm

I think that the person who is getting the bounty or hit put on them should be notified or at least have some way of finding out. Anything from a /hit list command or /bounties would do this just fine.

Also hate to say it but I disagree with Amagous in 2 sections.

Amagous wrote:2. Instead of a complicated rent system, what about making renting "player run" instead of a plugin?
Aka, the cuboid isn't technically there's, though you could section it off with cuboid so that its 2 sections in one. (Easily done, you just make the one large cuboid, like 5 by 4 chunks, then choose the however many chunks to rent out, and make it its own cuboid. All over-ruling abilities of people in the larger cuboid are carried over to the small cuboid made inside it automatically) Then player's can set up any sort of arrangement they want for rent, including trading items for rent instead, or not having a punctual rent, and player's could be assigned to "muscle" the money out of someone if needed. Point is, it leaves alot more options open then your idea from what I can see, and would add to RP.

3. I've had alot of experience with bounty systems on all sorts of games including minecraft, and a system that I've seen work really well(though, as all systems, it has its faults) is the "player run" system. Basically, nothings automated. A player can go to a bounty office or some such structure or board set up, and view the Person(s) the bounty is on, how much or what is being offered for it, whats to be done, and who posted the bounty. That way, players can call a counter hit if they find out, or bounty hunters can negotiate prices and payment with the person who played the bounty. And last but not least, there shouldn't be any minimum bounty/hit cost. If all a player can scrounge up is, say, 5 gold, and someone's willing to do the job for that much, they should be allowed to, since most players would probably laugh at the bounty and just ignore it.

I like the idea of having an automated cubiot and bounty system. It will lead to less arguing in the forums and in game.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down