The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Retracted (Colin apologized)

+6
bilwit
ivanelk
Habit
melikedonuts
HoboJoeTLM
derekiv
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Retracted (Colin apologized) - Page 2 Empty Re: Retracted (Colin apologized)

Post  C 2011-01-10, 11:41 pm

He does have access to this though which was updated on the 10th at 12:50 am. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1025&t=97035 in which it states "Basically griefing is anything that is affecting the gameplay in a negative way and is done with little to no purpose. For instance a bandit finds a way into one of the kingdoms and starts destroying everything with a pickaxe. That would be griefing. There would be little reason for a bandit to do that. However a bandit who breaks down someones front door and goes into their house to steal stuff out of their chest, and make a run for it. That is not griefing." and then later states "When raiding your only goal is to steal from another player or kingdom, unless it is for some Role Playing purpose that is apart of the game play. Senseless destruction of their property for the sake of being a nuisance or getting some sort of revenge is not allowed. You will steal and then you will leave the way you came back."

Placing lava does not seem to accomplish any sort of raiding goal. Plus don't try to defend it, placing lava during raids has always been looked upon as griefing and I'm sure plenty of people would back that up.

Please read this statement I posted about how placing lava is actually extremely useful in raiding.

Also did you know you can place a bucket of lava and water on cuboided squares, and that it will spread, and that when they reach they will form cobblestone blocks. Based upon that, I could hypothetically create a pathway of water and lava to form into stairwell (directly on top of cuboided areas) so that I could get into numerous buildings not just in your kingdom, but in others as well.

"Plus don't try to defend it, placing lava during raids has always been looked upon as griefing and I'm sure plenty of people would back that up."

Please show me where it is listed that placing lava during raids has "always been looked upon as griefing". And this isn't random lava placement to grief, this had a purpose. Also HoboJoe, you were not even there. You really have no actual knowledge of what happened, yet you are here trying to analyze someone smarter than you on a subject that they have vastly more knowledge of. Do you see why that may be a bad idea?

C

Back to top Go down

Post  C 2011-01-10, 11:42 pm

Rorandes wrote:Just an FYI. The factions are protected by Towny, not Cuboid.

Right, my mistake. But same thing since I was using "cuboided" to mean blocks that were protected. I wasn't specifically referencing which type of protection, just that they were protected in general. But I will make sure I don't confuse the two in the future.
C

Back to top Go down

Post  HoboJoeTLM 2011-01-10, 11:48 pm

Colinthetank wrote:Please read this statement I posted about how placing lava is actually extremely useful in raiding.

Also did you know you can place a bucket of lava and water on cuboided squares, and that it will spread, and that when they reach they will form cobblestone blocks. Based upon that, I could hypothetically create a pathway of water and lava to form into stairwell (directly on top of cuboided areas) so that I could get into numerous buildings not just in your kingdom, but in others as well.

So why exactly did you place two flows of lava on opposite sides of that walkway, what were you trying to accomplish there? Also where were you going to build a staircase there, because there's no entrances on the side of the ship, where you couldn't have just accessed something by walking straight to it?
HoboJoeTLM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bilwit 2011-01-10, 11:53 pm

HoboJoeTLM wrote:
Colinthetank wrote:Please read this statement I posted about how placing lava is actually extremely useful in raiding.

So why exactly did you place two flows of lava on opposite sides of that walkway, what were you trying to accomplish there? Also where were you going to build a staircase there, because there's no entrances on the side of the ship, where you couldn't have just accessed something by walking straight to it?

There really is no point in offering logical deduction when arguing with Colin, as all he has to offer is laborious non sequitur and hearsay based on conjecture conveniently molded for his pathetic victimization of himself.

Obviously he wanted to create multiple cobble stairways that led to the non-existent entrances on the side of the ship that he could have easily located and entered by swimming alongside the ship instead. Rolling Eyes
bilwit
bilwit

Back to top Go down

Post  C 2011-01-11, 12:10 am

HoboJoeTLM wrote:

I feel like I am answering you time and time again with the same answer. I was trying to find a way in, I wanted to create a small platform at the bottom of the ship so I could find a weakpoint (an area that was not townie protected) or a small opening that someone forgot to fill in. Now while I might have been able to find an area that was not filled in just by swimming. There is almost no way to test if a block is protected or not by just swimming around it. And hitting blocks while in water is just annoying, it takes over twice as long and I didn't even have an axe. So I would have to use my fist which would take forever. I was trying to figure out ways in, when I originally placed the lava I did not know that:

A.) It would take 5 minutes to subside on its own after I scooped it.
B.) That it would even form a block below (I only had hoped it did, which it did).

Also, please do not try and tell me you understand block protection better than me, because half the ways I figure out how to get into a building that are legitimate, people assume I am hacking or something bizzare. I have advanced knowledge on this subject more so than you will ever figure out and honestly I have explained myself enough to you. You being a non admin, a non pirate, and a person that was not even present for the situation.

There really is no point in offering logical deduction when arguing with Colin, as all he has to offer is laborious non sequitur and hearsay based on conjecture conveniently molded for his pathetic victimization of himself.

Obviously he wanted to create multiple cobble stairways that led to the non-existent entrances on the side of the ship that he could have easily located and entered by swimming alongside the ship instead. Rolling Eyes

Are you kidding, I have responded to every single question/accusation that you have made to me as logically and simply as possible. And everything I say is supported with factual evidence so I am not saying anything that is non sequitur. And do you really need to flame me with this statement "pathetic victimization of himself"? Because if you can't make anymore valid points to argue with me, just stop posting in this thread because flaming will only result in YOU getting banned.

"Obviously he wanted to create multiple cobble stairways that led to the non-existent entrances on the side of the ship that he could have easily located and entered by swimming alongside the ship instead."

I told you that I did not know if the lava would even form blocks or how they would create when I originally placed it. And I was not trying to form a stairwell at the time at all. I only thought of the possibility of creating a stairwell through lava/water after the instance. And I gave reasons above of why I wanted a small platform of a few blocks. But once again, please do try to make me look bad through false statements.
C

Back to top Go down

Post  Clinthor 2011-01-11, 12:32 am

Seriously wtf is with the wirecraft. dick move x1000
Clinthor
Clinthor

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-01-11, 5:07 am

Colin as for the trying to kill you earlier with the lava bucket, I saw you coming after me in full diamond armor.
As for the wirecraft, I was on my brothers comp after mine crashed. You can see me rejoin in bilwits picture. I did not take the time to delete his Minecraft .jar file because I heard that Colin was raiding the pirate base.
Here is a picture of my personal texture pack folder:
Retracted (Colin apologized) - Page 2 Pakcs
The one with random numbers is a customized painterly. Dead's pack is one of my own creation.
I also understand the the thread says ban suspicion.
I will take the ban. Please consider this my appeal.

Colin, I don't like your explanation for the lava, but I'll accept it.
And thanks for your apology regarding the language.

Edit: I've noticed that the debate has split along the lines of who's joining the new faction and whose not. Except for Clinthor.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-01-11, 8:16 am

derekiv wrote:Colin as for the trying to kill you earlier with the lava bucket, I saw you coming after me in full diamond armor.
As for the wirecraft, I was on my brothers comp after mine crashed. You can see me rejoin in bilwits picture. I did not take the time to delete his Minecraft .jar file because I heard that Colin was raiding the pirate base.
Here is a picture of my personal texture pack folder:
Retracted (Colin apologized) - Page 2 Pakcs
The one with random numbers is a customized painterly. Dead's pack is one of my own creation.
I also understand the the thread says ban suspicion.
I will take the ban. Please consider this my appeal.

Colin, I don't like your explanation for the lava, but I'll accept it.
And thanks for your apology regarding the language.

Edit: I've noticed that the debate has split along the lines of who's joining the new faction and whose not. Except for Clinthor.
All you had to do to get rid of the wirecraft texture pack is switch to the default.
I am sorry that was about as lame of an excuse as my friend went on my account hacked and got banned.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  C 2011-01-11, 12:15 pm

Thank you for retracting it derek, but I am probably perma banned now regardless.
C

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-01-11, 12:32 pm

Sorry. I enjoy battles with a worthy opponent.
(In a fair fight)
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2