The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raided - XRay pack user

+20
Dementor
CornNerd
Hazzy
skeletonboy
KhaosLeper
thewarthog
MaxxOverdrive
Ryucan
AdrianRedd
draco222
igortv123
notscruffythebum
Blind_Merc
Diabloz
ivanelk
Habit
Sevyn
RevolutionBeginz
ballnazor
Cypranex
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Raided - XRay pack user - Page 3 Empty Re: Raided - XRay pack user

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-09, 6:06 pm

I still think we should be able to start polls to ban players (even faction leaders). 90% of the server's community issues would be completely solved. Soto wouldn't have to concern himself with policing the community, he would just be the executioner when the people reach consensus.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-02-09, 6:15 pm

People keep bringing hope how I posted a screenie of me using an x-ray pack.
Yes I used an x-ray pack.
No I have not used one since that screenshot.
My actions have no correlation to anyone else's on the server.

Here is the gist of your arguement blaming the pirates for the x-ray pack:
Derek used x-ray, all pirates must use x-ray!

By that logic, a good third of the server could be blamed because the origin of x-ray was from Shigan in The Dawn Empire. He openly shared the file with anyone who wanted it, yet I don't see you guys blaming Roflbeeb (nothing personal).
Instead, you take the easy target and decide to slander the pirates.
Unless anyone has proof of anything, I suggest you shut up, sit down and play the game.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-09, 6:36 pm

MaxxOverdrive wrote:I still think we should be able to start polls to ban players (even faction leaders). 90% of the server's community issues would be completely solved. Soto wouldn't have to concern himself with policing the community, he would just be the executioner when the people reach consensus.

Voting people off of the island? Interesting idea. Going to think out loud a bit.

Right now, in theory, you will only be banned if you blatantly break a rule or piss off a mod. If you straddle the rules, you might push a mod enough to ban you or they might not. With a "vote2ban" system, such people would be banned much more easily.

Yea, I like the idea so long as mods still have the power to ban without a poll. Not sure how I feel about mods vetoing the vote2ban.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-02-09, 6:36 pm

derekiv wrote:People keep bringing hope how I posted a screenie of me using an x-ray pack.
Yes I used an x-ray pack.
No I have not used one since that screenshot.
My actions have no correlation to anyone else's on the server.

Here is the gist of your arguement blaming the pirates for the x-ray pack:
Derek used x-ray, all pirates must use x-ray!

By that logic, a good third of the server could be blamed because the origin of x-ray was from Shigan in The Dawn Empire. He openly shared the file with anyone who wanted it, yet I don't see you guys blaming Roflbeeb (nothing personal).
Instead, you take the easy target and decide to slander the pirates.
Unless anyone has proof of anything, I suggest you shut up, sit down and play the game.
You know very well at the time I did not know that X-ray packs were against the rules. That was back in 2.0 anyway. How about instead of blaming other people, you suck it up and move on?
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-09, 6:43 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:You know very well at the time I did not know that X-ray packs were against the rules. That was back in 2.0 anyway. How about instead of blaming other people, you suck it up and move on?

Whoa dude, calm down. He wasn't accusing or blaming you, but merely stating a fact: You used it before he did but everyone is attacking him because he's just an easy target.

He was making a point, not calling you out.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-02-09, 6:48 pm

I don't know, it kinda seemed like he was calling me out.

In all seriousness, however, I don't really see the point of mentioning me.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-02-09, 7:01 pm

mah
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-02-09, 7:02 pm

Sorry Rofl, I wasn't aiming for anyone specific. I didn't even know you used the x-ray pack. Your just one of the people who was in Dawn that I remember.
I tried to convey this lack of targeting you with the (nothing personal) but I see that failed.
Sorry again.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-02-09, 7:05 pm

Hmm. I coulda sworn you were one of the people in the skype call while we were building the moat for TDE.
Anyways, it's alright. I still don't see why I was used as an example.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-02-09, 7:06 pm

Because your the only one I remembered who was in TDE at the time. Sorry.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-09, 7:26 pm

I'd like to remind all of us what the mods have been saying:

They said that if we hold on then there will be something really cool to check out.

For all of the ideas of using the banhammer etc... Well, I'm okay with it, and also the idea where we vote on banning. (That one especially)

More importantly however, think about this one.

People here don't understand who really waste their time on the server everytime someone leaves:

Soto, chivers, RAshala, and a few other mods that I can't remember the name of. They are probably the only people that have been mature about our problems, and the person who you guys should hold on to JUST BECAUSE HE WORKS SO * HARD, IS THE PROGRAMMER. He is the only person that has made this whole mod business possible, and he doesn't deserve his hard work going to ABSOLUTELY ZERO just because WE can't control ourselves. Also, Soto and the other mods have been EXTREMELY PATIENT with us, and have tried so hard to keep us together. There are people who retaliate a little too much, and that is a problem.

All the people who want to leave the server:

Now you see what would happen if you made a post saying the community sucks and you want to leave. You don't think of the people who have worked amazingly hard to make it all work, BEING ON THIS SERVER IS A PRIVILEGE.

I don't mean to be too harsh, but those that are angry at everyone else or at specific people for being evil, or nasty, or whatever and are going to leave the server because of that need to put one thing into their brains and reconsider once the understand that:

Everyone here, except the mods, are here because we are allowed to be here and because the people who work hard to let us be here are being patient with us. There are many non-mods who also work hard to keep the community running well, and they should be respected as well. The point is:::::

Think about the feelings of those that have seen people leave because they CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT: LOOK:

Soto said if you made an appeal after being banned, you could get re-accepted. This has happened, and since Soto can't perm. ban someone who brings the server down, (community wise), then its frustrating when someone leaves because Soto himself made an offer to re-accept someone that put the time to make an appeal:

You ban someone. He makes an appeal, and you re-accept him. This person makes a nice guy leave because he was nasty. You don't know what to do, and you are mad at yourself because you can't do anything about it, and you also might be annoyed that "Oh, I should've kept that guy banned, so he wouldn't have gone and made this well-meaning person leave!"

1 Disclaimer: I wrote this when I was angry in general, so the whole rant (yes it is a rant) is probably jumbled and almost incoherent. I understand that, but those that can understand it will know what I mean

Also: Soto etc., I'm sorry if I am misrepresenting you in any way with the example above this disclaimer, but I'm just using you as an example. Its how I would feel if I were in your position.

Sorry if:

I offended someone in any way
or if you can't understand what I said.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-09, 7:44 pm

i just was replieing cause adrian said "im sure it was a legionmember who xrayed my chest" without any prove.
beeing banned cause of a cumminity vote is unprofessional, beeing rude etc could be an incharacter thing and just cause u like an pring playing he shouldnt get banned.
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-09, 9:08 pm

Don't bring up Adrian's decision to accept Derekiv, he had already been punished.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-10, 12:23 am

Habit wrote:i just was replieing cause adrian said "im sure it was a legionmember who xrayed my chest" without any prove.
beeing banned cause of a cumminity vote is unprofessional, beeing rude etc could be an incharacter thing and just cause u like an pring playing he shouldnt get banned.

Unprofessional? Habit, of all people, is making claims as to what's unprofessional? Pffffftttttthahaha. I'm just going to ignore that reasoning.
How is it rude to call out people who degrade the playing experience of others, exactly? If you're innocent, people will either ignore the thread until the "trial" ends, or vote to let you stay. Each vote would need a post explaining the vote, of course, to prevent ballot tampering, but other than that, it's pretty much fool-proof.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-10, 12:34 am

MaxxOverdrive wrote:
Habit wrote:i just was replieing cause adrian said "im sure it was a legionmember who xrayed my chest" without any prove.

Unprofessional? Habit, of all people, is making claims as to what's unprofessional? Pffffftttttthahaha. I'm just going to ignore that reasoning.
How is it rude to call out people who degrade the playing experience of others, exactly? If you're innocent, people will either ignore the thread until the "trial" ends, or vote to let you stay. Each vote would need a post explaining the vote, of course, to prevent ballot tampering, but other than that, it's pretty much fool-proof.

excuse me, who are you?
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-10, 1:03 am

Habit wrote:
MaxxOverdrive wrote:

excuse me, who are you?

A concerned player who's fed up with your tom-douchery and the tom-douchery your "kingdom" gets away with.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-10, 1:35 am

MaxxOverdrive wrote:
Habit wrote:
MaxxOverdrive wrote:

excuse me, who are you?

A concerned player who's fed up with your tom-douchery and the tom-douchery your "kingdom" gets away with.

aka another qq pirate? O_O
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-02-10, 3:05 am

Why is it that almost every thread turns into a pirate-legion flame war?
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ballnazor 2011-02-10, 3:10 am

Because this server is no fun to play on anymore, This reminds me of a OT server i played on for about 2 years ago, We had a guild that rocked and had fun. Another guild joined the server and caused a war. We fought for a long time and everyone was having fun fighting. They begin to win the war and start to hunt everyone of the server.
We all quit. They have no one to fight anymore so they start killing off everyone else. Everyone else leaves. They leave. Server dies.
This is what is happening to this server. Dont let it happen. I <3 dots.
ballnazor

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-10, 5:38 am

pvp is just a little part of the game
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Disto 2011-02-10, 7:30 am

Habit wrote:pvp is just a little part of the game

Lol what ?
Disto
Disto

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-02-10, 8:11 am

Disto wrote:

Lol what ?
I agree. Habit, your entire faction seems to be pvp. You group hasn't even finished your houses, yet you have a 64 high wall and a mob harvester to generate arrows and TNT.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-10, 8:28 am

derekiv wrote:
Disto wrote:

Lol what ?
I agree. Habit, your entire faction seems to be pvp. You group hasn't even finished your houses, yet you have a 64 high wall and a mob harvester to generate arrows and TNT.

Lol what ?
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-10, 8:56 am

thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-10, 4:05 pm

Sigh. Guys do I really have to lock this thread?
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next