The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for a new spawn area

+17
CornNerd
Diabloz
Littlemoomoo
Hazzy
sonkiro
derekiv
Roflbeeb
draco222
Soto_Black
Clinthor
igortv123
Raijouta
Toren
AdrianRedd
Chuint
Blind_Merc
Sevyn
21 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Plans for a new spawn area  - Page 2 Empty Re: Plans for a new spawn area

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-13, 9:28 pm

Ok it's 64 max height from the ocean, just tested.

Also clouds start around 47ish - 50ish, if your interested in knowing. Wink
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-13, 9:30 pm

Ok, so the Tower will be 64/63 tall. Thanks!

That's perfect, because now the height and base width will have a 3-1 ratio. That should make for a very fancy looking tower.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-13, 9:31 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:Ok, so the Tower will be 64/63 tall. Thanks!

Thats massive, can't wait to see the plans and retrieve resources for you to build (Unless everyone beats me to it like the last project I missed... =( )
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-13, 9:45 pm

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be a fantastic help. We'll need all the people we can get just to get enough wool, wood, dyes, and snow! Especially snow!
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-13, 9:47 pm

Perhaps each side of the tower can have each kingdoms color, pointing to its direction?
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-13, 10:21 pm

Yup, there will be flags on each gate indicating which direction to take to get to different kingdoms. NO HIDDEN KINGDOMS GUYS!!! Build a road to spawn town this time, so that people can go look at the kingdoms and decide what they want.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-13, 10:50 pm

Update. This takes forever! But it'll be worth it in the end I hope. I HOPE we're able to use this to build a great city.

Anyway, added the Inn, the Jail, expanded the streets, added the ocean, the ship and docks, and the walls. I'll get the lighthouse done next, and then work on the other buildings. Now that I have colored cloth, I'll make the market colorful! With canvas tops on the shop stalls!!!

Plans for a new spawn area  - Page 2 Ei320y
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clinthor 2011-01-14, 12:00 am

AdrianRedd wrote:Update. This takes forever! But it'll be worth it in the end I hope. I HOPE we're able to use this to build a great city.

Anyway, added the Inn, the Jail, expanded the streets, added the ocean, the ship and docks, and the walls. I'll get the lighthouse done next, and then work on the other buildings. Now that I have colored cloth, I'll make the market colorful! With canvas tops on the shop stalls!!!

its so weird seeing stuff planed out on paper... i wished it was bigger so i could see how big it all was
Clinthor
Clinthor

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 12:09 am

This is the only way I can work. If I don't plan things out it ends up looking terribad. And it's not "paper" per se, it's all done in Photoshop, every bit of it.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Clinthor 2011-01-14, 12:10 am

well you knew what i meant lol
Clinthor
Clinthor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-14, 12:49 am

AdrianRedd wrote:Update. This takes forever! But it'll be worth it in the end I hope. I HOPE we're able to use this to build a great city.

You are a miracle worker. You know we should probably ask everybody for help on this project.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 12:54 am

"Everybody" get's hard to manage when "everybody" has their own interpretation of the blueprints. If I were to have everyone work on it at once either I would have to make hyper detailed plans of each building OR be up to my ears in questions during construction. Building the ship was no picnic, even with helpers. I'll have to think of ways to communicate clearly with everyone on this project. Hope it goes well.

Also, the terrain in the area will effect the final product. So yeah..... my blueprints will have to change in the end.... BLEAH!!!
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-14, 1:13 am

AdrianRedd wrote:"Everybody" get's hard to manage when "everybody" has their own interpretation of the blueprints. If I were to have everyone work on it at once either I would have to make hyper detailed plans of each building OR be up to my ears in questions during construction. Building the ship was no picnic, even with helpers. I'll have to think of ways to communicate clearly with everyone on this project. Hope it goes well.

Also, the terrain in the area will effect the final product. So yeah..... my blueprints will have to change in the end.... BLEAH!!!

I am going to have the spawn area unable to be built upon except for the chosen few who AdrianRedd chooses to be on the project.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 1:27 am

That's most excellent, thanks Soto! I'll make your tower grand in your honor!

People can certainly help gather resources. Using InvEdit takes all the effort and accomplishment out of it. It's all like "Yeah here's the city we built. What? Did I gather all those resources? Well no... but it looks cool right?" Nah, people would be all like "LAME!" Let's do this the hard way.

Except maybe the snow.... we'd have to clear several mountains to get enough snow. XD

Anyways, I've got lots of cool things planned for this....
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-14, 1:47 am

The new players that join when the server's open will be so impressed, they'll no doubt give the server 5 stars just for the initial town. Wink

Are you going to design some of the buildings from about ground/side level?
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 1:55 am

I'll design the ENTIRE tower in Photoshop before I start construction. I'll probably let Clinthor do the Inn himself working from the base shape I've set. The Jail is still in the works I've changed the design a couple times. I'll let each faction leader design their own embassy..... or maybe I'll design one for them depending on the theme of their Kingdom. IF there's a theme..... I'll also design the ship from side, top, and back views as always, because I love building ships no matter how bloody hard they are to build. I'll also design the lighthouse, the walls from the sides, the gates, the fountain, the shop stalls, and a couple other buildings if I think of them.

Otherwise the rest will probably be built by Clinthor, Rorandes, and whoever else I choose to help me build. We'll try to build enough houses for people, though I'm sure residents of the town want to build their own. Only problem with that is that some tasteless tard will build a block out of bricks or a rainbow house with wool. So in the end we'll probably end up building all the houses ourselves and then renting them out to whoever wants to live in the PvP free zone.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-14, 1:40 pm

Adrian we could do some slight terraforming ourselves. Or we can ask Soto to make the spawn area flatland before we reset.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-01-14, 1:58 pm

I would rather have the pirate's base hidden. For the obvious reason that newbies will think a great idea to run in and steal materials. They won't get valuable things anyway, but I'm not in charge here Razz
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 3:19 pm

Sure, the Pirate base may be harder to find, but that wouldn't really be fair to the other kingdoms, because then their lands could be raided by newbies too. So you just gotta think these things through.

Thus, build your wall first. Once your wall is up, build the road. Then start building the kingdom inside the wall. That way your defenses are up before the path to your base is set down for everyone to see. It's necessary that all kingdoms have roads leading to them, in some form or another. For the pirates, we can simply have beacons lining the coasts leading to our base. And signs warning trespassers to turn back of course pirat
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-14, 4:15 pm

If your worried about newbies stealing stuff why not make a hidden Vault? Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 7:29 pm

Here we go. All I have to do now is label everything, but I think you get the idea.

The gray buildings are the Bank, Jail, Inn, Guild Hall, and the two Kingdom Embassies. The ship acts as the third embassy. The northern part is the market, with all the colored canvas tops of the shop stalls. There's trees, message boards, houses, wells, and a lighthouse.

Post up things I should add, and whatever else. Comments are appreciated, and I need feedback on anything else you want in Spawn Town!

CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE. SAVE IT TO YOUR COMP!! Very Happy
Plans for a new spawn area  - Page 2 2ppn8et

And yes. It's humongous.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-01-14, 7:52 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:

And yes. It's humongous.

It's also amazing!

SUPER EDIT: 137th POST!!!!!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-14, 7:53 pm

GEEZUS! This is going to be the largest project I have ever seen on Minecraft. This will take a colossal effort.
But if the Egyptians can build the pyramids without a weightless inventory, we can do it.

Could we start on it while the Rollback server is still up and ask Soto to port it over when the reset arrives?
That way we have more resources to start out with. We won't have a massive shaft to the center of the earth in our shiny new map then!

Last edited by Sevyn on 2011-01-14, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-14, 7:53 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:Here we go. All I have to do now is label everything, but I think you get the idea.

The gray buildings are the Bank, Jail, Inn, Guild Hall, and the two Kingdom Embassies. The ship acts as the third embassy. The northern part is the market, with all the colored canvas tops of the shop stalls. There's trees, message boards, houses, wells, and a lighthouse.

Post up things I should add, and whatever else. Comments are appreciated, and I need feedback on anything else you want in Spawn Town!

CLICK IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE. SAVE IT TO YOUR COMP!! Very Happy
Plans for a new spawn area  - Page 2 2ppn8et

And yes. It's humongous.

Freaking love it.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-14, 8:01 pm

It would make more sense for the light house to be on a small island or sand bar out in the sea than right on top of the docks. Otherwise, pretty cool...
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next