The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spawn Town

+4
Littlemoomoo
CornNerd
Cypranex
AdrianRedd
8 posters

Go down

Spawn Town Empty Spawn Town

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-10, 4:47 pm

So I want to start drawing up plans for the future spawn town. This is just a really really really rough first picture. I want to eventually plan it out with a courtyard, an arena, a shop/embassy for each faction, an inn for travelers to stay in, a jail, and a general marketplace. Of course the big dominant feature will be the wizard tower, made entirely of snow. The wizard tower in this picture is probably far from what it will eventually look like, but it's just there to give an idea of scale and my general idea of what it should look like. I'll get working on more plans soon!

Spawn Town 2lo6iwn
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Spawn Town Empty Re: Spawn Town

Post  Cypranex 2011-01-10, 4:54 pm

I like the ship. Even though there's no water anywhere near spawn.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-10, 4:57 pm

The most eye-catching part of the picture (other than the wizard's tower, of course) for me is the boat. This is because a while back I had an idea to have some kind of monuments at spawn to introduce players to each faction. I think a boat would be a great one for the Pirates. The Dawn Empire's could be somehow related to the sun, perhaps involving lightstone? How d'Igor would be executed, however, is a mystery to me. Razz
Other than that, good luck planning it out. First impressions are important and players' eyes should light up when the first log on. They should be eager to get out in the world and start getting involved.
CornNerd
CornNerd

http://thehobbyfinder.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-10, 5:16 pm

I was not making this for this server, but for the next server if there is a wipe. I'm hoping there is a wipe, since this one was ruined by the update that had Soto running around doing damage control while the pirates got griefed and the other two factions nearly got destroyed. In the event of a wipe I wanted to make sure that there would be a central hub of activity for everyone to enjoy, vagabonds and kingdom dwellers alike. And I wanted it to make sense, not a bunch of stone everywhere. More like a medieval village living beneath the shadow of the wizard tower.

The boat is simply there to act as the pirate building, where pirates will use as their base of operations when in the spawn area. It will be there embassy/store/recruitment center essentially. Each faction would have something similar.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-01-10, 5:20 pm

OMG this is amazing....if Only I could draw like you...This is all I could do

Spawn Town Ship

In a more serious manner...Would this be a pirate only place?
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-10, 5:23 pm

Of course not, this town is for everyone. It's the SPAWN town Alex Razz If you die this is where you go. And this is the first place anyone sees when joining the server. So yeah, it needs to be great. That's why I wanted to plan it out and get it built so everyone has a place to go to hang out and trade PvP free in the server.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-10, 5:37 pm

Grunt wrote:OMG this is amazing....if Only I could draw like you...This is all I could do

Spawn Town  Work of Art

Very Nice picture you have there. Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-01-10, 6:04 pm

Cypranex wrote:I like the ship. Even though there's no water anywhere near spawn.

Have you been to spawn recently? There's water on two sides Suspect
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-01-10, 6:22 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:Of course not, this town is for everyone. It's the SPAWN town Alex Razz If you die this is where you go. And this is the first place anyone sees when joining the server. So yeah, it needs to be great. That's why I wanted to plan it out and get it built so everyone has a place to go to hang out and trade PvP free in the server.

In that case, it would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-01-11, 11:39 am

-The lighthouse should use lightstone as it's source instead of fire
-Cobble bases, with wood houses. Roofs would be made of stone stairs, with fencepost chimneys. Wood doors.

My only two beefs, really. Other than that, this looks awesome
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Motafication 2011-01-12, 10:09 pm

I'd love to help Adrian. I was really impressed with the pirate town and the creative use of blocks. I'd like to learn more about the way you build so I can incorporate your methods into my own building designs. I've already made a cobblestone castle using what I learned from pirate town that looks (gasp) somewhat pretty!
Motafication

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down