The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good target for our server

4 posters

Go down

A good target for our server Empty A good target for our server

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-09, 10:59 am

I believe our server has become so raiding and robbing based we may end up with a busy server but unfortunately not a very aesthetically pleasing one. I know we have the spawn city but in my opinion once the various problems are ironed out and we start accepting new members (because lets face it our community is shrinking :S ) we should aim to create a server of this sort.

Not necessarily everything because that isn't all rp but I mean like our various kingdoms should not hide away in mountain sides for fear of one raider but instead build great fortresses to demonstrate their power. We could also vary our building style according to area (for example I really like the idea of building an Arabic town).

We should still keep on killing and raping but I feel what this server could do with is a little more activity and co-operation Smile

P.S the ship at 0.48 and 3.00 could have been on our server if we didn't keep changing maps! I was almost 2/3 (more like a1/2 actualy Razz ) way through! Sad I asked for it to be saved too No
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

A good target for our server Empty Re: A good target for our server

Post  Arkitek 2011-04-09, 12:12 pm

I would guess most of the materials where spawned.

Without spawning stuff this kind of server would take us quite a while to get going not to mention that it would be pointless if we end up reseting for whatever reason.

I would be in favor of spawning items like smooth stone, wood, glass, and sand for kingdoms if they use it to "pretty up" their kingdoms; however, that would demand a lot of admin and mod participation in kingdoms.

But under our current system people need to find a away to make their kingdoms look good. (I know our domain capital is a decent example of a good looking kingdom) Currently we have like 3 main cities that are underground (which is not very rp in the same sense of having a flying kingdom is not rp)

You don't need your whole city protected from people getting in as long as you towny it. In our kingdom we are planning on making a large portion of it open for people to buy land, and houses inside our townyed area but not secure from people being able to wander around.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-09, 12:42 pm

Arkitek wrote:
But under our current system people need to find a away to make their kingdoms look good. (I know our domain capital is a decent example of a good looking kingdom) Currently we have like 3 main cities that are underground (which is not very rp in the same sense of having a flying kingdom is not rp)

If we say we're dwarves is it RP? Razz
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-04-09, 12:51 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
Arkitek wrote:

If we say we're dwarves is it RP? Razz

YES! WE SHOULD BE A SPECIES OTHER THAN HUMAN. That would add an amazing factor to the game! But I don't like dwarves... maybe we should be an intellectually advanced homonid with an aversion to light. So, we could only conduct raid and such at night. But humans would have to have disadvantages as well... maybe something like not being able to swim for long periods of time? I realize that this would be hard to enforce, but it would be fun.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-09, 3:00 pm

Arkitek wrote:

You don't need your whole city protected from people getting in as long as you towny it. In our kingdom we are planning on making a large portion of it open for people to buy land, and houses inside our townyed area but not secure from people being able to wander around.

see this is what I was wanting! more friendliness and co-operation
I m thinking if people are too protective and need to become less suspicious of every1 else.

Its not massive sprawling empires I'm looking for I just want people to be less secretive so we can see the great stuff that players can build. I would also like architecture to be less geared towards practicality and for appearance to bee just as important. A good example of what I dislike was the Legion outer wall. It was ridiculesly tall and had no deffining features or texture other than being a wall of grey shitiness. Neutral

roflbeeb wrote:If we say we're dwarves is it RP?

I ll pass thanks Razz
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-12, 3:43 am

from 1.40 it starts to show the server I like to build on and NOTHING is item spawned + they have a community only slightly bigger than ours when the kingdoms was at its peak in 1.0

2.08 lang chai.....oriental themed city
3.00 and 3.09 massive spawn area
4.15 cake land...yummy

these are just a few highlights but to be honest the footage pretty good from 1.40 onwards...let me repeat...NO ITEM SPAWNING ON THIS MAP! Very Happy

MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down