The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAN mc server, what plugins should i use?

+2
stupidjr
Applebeard
6 posters

Go down

LAN mc server, what plugins should i use? Empty LAN mc server, what plugins should i use?

Post  Applebeard 2011-03-05, 7:16 am

since my internet is fucked up still...., im having to turn to other ways of playing mc, and apparently one of the boarding houses at school has MC LAN and so i ordered one of the lower years to go and find out about it, and he says that he has gotten someone to give it to him and we will be getting it today. So, i was wondering, how does one use bukkit and stuff? and by stuff i mean how do you set up a server to run simply. Since its lan we wont have to worry about internet speed, and one of the guys has an alienware, so that should be able to run it.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

LAN mc server, what plugins should i use? Empty Re: LAN mc server, what plugins should i use?

Post  stupidjr 2011-03-05, 11:34 am

Applebeard wrote:since my internet is fucked up still...., im having to turn to other ways of playing mc, and apparently one of the boarding houses at school has MC LAN and so i ordered one of the lower years to go and find out about it, and he says that he has gotten someone to give it to him and we will be getting it today. So, i was wondering, how does one use bukkit and stuff? and by stuff i mean how do you set up a server to run simply. Since its lan we wont have to worry about internet speed, and one of the guys has an alienware, so that should be able to run it.

The person who is the going to run the server needs to download craftbukkit. Craftbukkit is the application people use to host servers, whereas bukkit is for the modders.
This is a simple guide to how to start it up.

After they have the server set up, they can download any mods they want. Here is a list of all mods (they call them plugins). Here is all the 'officially' released plugins.

To install a mod look here

For a LAN network, I don't think you have to portforward. The ISP should be the same for everyone.

Hope this helps.
stupidjr

Back to top Go down

LAN mc server, what plugins should i use? Empty Re: LAN mc server, what plugins should i use?

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-05, 12:31 pm

What are the specs of the rig your running it on? Also what OS will you be using?
Internet shouldn't be a problem if your using an N router, so all you have to do is really make a good rig to run it on.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-03-06, 2:54 am

@ivan, ill find out the specs today, but hes running it on 7.
@everyone: could you list some plugins which you think would be good (added info: i have to use my friends dongle to look at the plugins FML D:)
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-06, 8:50 am

Applebeard wrote:@ivan, ill find out the specs today, but hes running it on 7.
@everyone: could you list some plugins which you think would be good (added info: i have to use my friends dongle to look at the plugins FML D:)
Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA.
Windows 7?!
Yea I hope you aren't planning on more than 2, 3 tops at a time let alone with any plugins running.

Do yourself a favor and put Linux on it.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  chivers706 2011-03-06, 9:33 am

If you want i can give you a server package that all you would have to do is put on a computer and start it up. You will still have to set some of the commands up but other than that, it will be very easy. If you want you can tell me what kind of server you are going to run so I can tell you what plugins to put in. If it is just a LAN game then really it does not matter. Last LAN game i played on it was a vanilla server cause everyone on there was trusted and we were working together.
chivers706
chivers706

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-03-06, 10:26 am

since it is a boarding house, there are a lot of people on the same network so it would be more like 10-15, which i think is definately enough to bother having mods for. The kind of server i want is kind of the kind we have here, except maybe with a bit more pvp. so, chat channels, an economy, some sort of pvp, towns and grief protection. those i think are the only things we would want.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-03-06, 3:04 pm

I might sound stupid, but how do LAN server's actually work?

I'm guessing it doesn't connect to the net, so do you need any wiring or anything etc?

Wouldn't mind starting a LAN server with my girlfriend. Smile
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-03-06, 3:30 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:I might sound stupid, but how do LAN server's actually work?

I'm guessing it doesn't connect to the net, so do you need any wiring or anything etc?

Wouldn't mind starting a LAN server with my girlfriend. Smile
bump
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-03-06, 4:06 pm

Belongs in Help & Support
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-03-08, 12:13 pm

soz sevyn :S
chivers buddy can i please take you up on the offer of that plugin package.
thanks
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down