The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need rules now or very soon.

4 posters

Go down

Need rules now or very soon. Empty Need rules now or very soon.

Post  Arkitek 2011-02-20, 9:26 pm

The dispute thread in being blown up with reports (yes a lot from our nation).

I say we need some straight forward, and solid rules that don't leave any grey area.
As of now a lot of people I find don't know the rules they agreed to.

We need rules on:

What is a legit kill and what is not.
(Where and why can u kill someone / Why you can't or where u can't)

Face it people seek revenge even with the new life rule. we need better rules for this. (i suggest an eye for an eye rule)

A clear definition and examples of bug abuse.

A Better definition of punishments and what constitutes an immediate banned.

We have a definition of griefing already. But most players don't understand what constitutes griefing.

Rules for the dispute forum as it's just full of hate and unneeded opinions. (It should be used to accuse and bring forth evidence not to hate or disagree with what has happened. It's up to the mods to decide if it breaks the rules not, not the peanut gallery.)

I posted my own suggestions and opinions here on how some of the rules should be run:
https://minecraftthekingdom.forumotion.com/t484p45-highly-controversial-topic-is-controversial

Arkitek wrote:I think pvp is a part of what makes a server like this fun. Personally I don't pvp I just like building things but, I know several people that love to play to pvp and raid.
Pvp however should only be used for raids, wars, and defense / town defense.

Most of the time mods on this server want "role play killing" but I think thats what causes a lot of problems not pvp. Role play killing give people a reason to kill someone with out a reason.

Role play that should be allowed:

Vagabonds should be allowed to "rob" other players but, they have to give warning, and you have to give them the opportunity to give you some stuff without being killed. and if they give you their items you now are not allowed to kill. But if the player starts Running away that means they are saying go ahead and attack. unless they where running before hand then give them 10 seconds to see your message and they don't respond still you are allowed to attack. People in kingdoms are not allowed to do this however. But if you are being robbed by a vagabond you have the right to attack back / kill them without a warning.

If you get robbed/killed by a vagabond you now have reason to attack / raid them or their city. (this could break the new life rule, but there should be some exceptions to that rule) If you where the one robbing someone and they killed you, you do not have any reason to do anything as you where "breaking the law"

In wars vagabonds/other kingdoms can become allies with a kingdom under attack or attacking. This off course gives the opposite side the right to attack/ war/ raid the allies towns or kingdoms. If you have not officially allied yourself with another kingdom you have no reason to be attacking anyone participating in that war.

Also in war there is no need for warnings. If a player is a part of the faction you are with war with you have every right to kill them. same with people that are allies.

Now town Defense you should warn them to leave your area before attacking. If they are super close to your base/trying to get in your base they are asking for trouble and don't need a warning. Same with people inside your base they don't need a warning before you attack. Only once you attack the intruder do they have the right to attack back. Unless they have a prior reason(which should be known by anyone involved).

Now there also needs to be a eye for and eye rule. If someone kills someone in your faction / town. you only have the right to kill them or 1 other person in their faction / town or raid them. If some vagabond robs or kills one of your faction/town members you only have to right to raid them or kill that person or anyone in there faction. If you become under attack after getting your justice you may kill the person attacking you. If you are the antagonist however you do not get to intact justice if you or a town member is killed.

There might be more I'm missing, if there is I will add it later.

Arkitek wrote:As for this argument about what is and what is not role playing.

I see "leave my land or i will kill you" just as much role playing as "arg mate what are are doing here? arg leave now or be buried 6 feet under"

You don't have to talk like a mid evil person or a pirate to role play.

Same with "hey give me your items or i will kill you" you don't have to overboard the role play "thou givith me thou gold or ye face my blade"

You can do that if you want but it should not be a requirement.

But if you see someone walking around, leave them alone god damn it...
I figure only letting vagabonds be allowed to antagonize people in no mans land should help with this.

However I think duel matches would be a good addition to the game play.
2 players (or even a team) battle it out and winner takes the losers armor and/or wager.
this would allow people that love pvp to fight and get money or items.
You would need a good way to make sure no one cheats in the battle though.

Please post your ideas here for rules and things that would make the server and forums flow better.

THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO HATE ON PEOPLE.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Need rules now or very soon. Empty Re: Need rules now or very soon.

Post  Habit 2011-02-20, 10:02 pm

i hate you Very Happy

real good work
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-02-20, 11:25 pm

And a hour later it happens! lol, I would like to take the all the credit btw. lol

https://minecraftthekingdom.forumotion.com/t556-new-rules-must-read-everyone
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-21, 12:24 am

lol, great job arkitek
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  chivers706 2011-02-21, 1:51 pm

That is weird cause i started on this and it took me like and hour to write it all out.... i ran into a few problems so yea... i was planning on this forever but great timing..... Only great minds think alike
chivers706
chivers706

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down