The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Kingdoms Museum?

+5
Blind_Merc
Sevyn
Hazzy
Soulcom
CornNerd
9 posters

Go down

Should a Kingdom Museum be built?

The Kingdoms Museum? Vote_lcap87%The Kingdoms Museum? Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 34 ]
The Kingdoms Museum? Vote_lcap13%The Kingdoms Museum? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 39

The Kingdoms Museum? Empty The Kingdoms Museum?

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-09, 8:49 pm

I've been wanting to do this for a while and decided to make a post about it before continuing. Firstly, I want to give credit to Chuint for the original idea, though I have adapted it a bit.
Basically I would like to make a museum that showcases various parts of fiction from the server. For example, there could be a piece of a pirate ship, or a piece of dirt representing the first piece of land Soto stepped on when he discover the land. Neither of these are very good examples, which leads me to my next point.
If you guys like this idea, I think it would be great if the community could provide the exhibits. This would add some more fiction/lore to the world and just add to the overall depth of the server.
I have already designed the basic layout of the building, all I would need is YOUR help (yes, you!) to help populate the museum with some nice displays and exhibits.
This would most likely be an ongoing project, so as exhibit ideas are though up (or more lore is written) they can be added to the museum. The building can be expanded if need be.
Of course, none of this matters if you guys don't like the idea! Please leave your vote for whether or not you think this is a good idea. Also, feel free to leave a post if you have ideas for exhibits or displays.
CornNerd
CornNerd

http://thehobbyfinder.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The Kingdoms Museum? Empty Re: The Kingdoms Museum?

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-10, 5:37 pm

I like the idea of a place where the whole community can get together put aside their differences, relax, and work on something together.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-11, 12:01 pm

So far it seems like you guys are for the idea. More votes would be nice to ensure the support (or lack there of) of the community. Thank you to those who voted.
Since it seems that the server is going to be reset, the museum probably will not be built until the new server is established. If all goes well, I would also like to start holding Lore/Museum-related contests to encourage players to get involved in role-playing. This would be a while down the line, of course.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-16, 5:10 pm

I'm glad most of you guys seem to be on board. I've started building the basic museum structure in single player to work out any kinks before the official build.

Here are some screenshots:

The Kingdoms Museum? IbQBi8
The Kingdoms Museum? IbUZVe
The Kingdoms Museum? IbUT6G
The Kingdoms Museum? IbVcdm
The Kingdoms Museum? IbQDqG

It is a little under half complete right now. I am unsure of the materials as of now, and I realize it is far from perfect.
Let me know what you guys think. It will ultimately belong to you, after all.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-17, 10:18 am

Another update; now with (poor quality) video!

CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-17, 11:18 am

I like the idea, but I feel that your design is too small and crowded. This building should be a monument to the server's past and future. To the server's perseverance. It should be much larger.

While reading your post, I invisioned an almost entirely half-block structure built with Greek Architecture, Golden Ratio and all, soaring into the sky about 50 blocks. Not sure what the cloud level is, but there should definitely be some space between it.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-17, 12:22 pm

Hazzy wrote:I like the idea, but I feel that your design is too small and crowded. This building should be a monument to the server's past and future. To the server's perseverance. It should be much larger.

If you mean the building as a whole seems too small, then as of now I don't disagree since it can always be expanded and I've only made what could be the start of an entire museum. In the end, yes, it should be much larger.

If you mean the rooms are too small, then that can easily be fixed. What I had in mind though, were smaller rooms, each dedicated to a certain portion of Kingdoms lore. Also, since I don't have any idea of exhibit sizes right now, it's hard for me to know what sizes the displays should be. Right now most of them are pretty small.

Hazzy wrote:While reading your post, I envisioned an almost entirely half-block structure built with Greek Architecture, Golden Ratio and all, soaring into the sky about 50 blocks. Not sure what the cloud level is, but there should definitely be some space between it.

I don't know about it all being half-block. I think the server is supposed to have a medieval theme, and smooth/cobble seems to fit more with that. That being said, I do agree that the architecture leaves much to be desired right now. I am going to try to add some more Gothic/Romanesque architecture. The latter includes, as you said, buildings of great heights.

Thanks for your input Exclamation
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-17, 1:31 pm

A little more spacious, but it looks great!
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-17, 2:36 pm

Sevyn wrote:A little more spacious, but it looks great!

Thanks! I'll probably leave the size the same for now and make everything bigger once I start building on the server. Right now I'm beefing up the architecture.

The Kingdoms Museum? IbMbMs
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-20, 8:28 pm

Finished the left/right tower. Might make some changes, but this is the basic idea.

The Kingdoms Museum? Ie3rXG

The Kingdoms Museum? Ie3Uua

The Kingdoms Museum? Iez574

The Kingdoms Museum? IeyTlk

Right now the tower reaches a few blocks below the clouds.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-20, 8:51 pm

I like the tower, it feels very Buddhist, but it still feels small. Just taller.

But it's not done yet, so iunno. Cannot wait for it to be. Very Happy
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-20, 9:21 pm

Thats awesome, can't wait to see the inside. Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-20, 9:57 pm

Looks great <3
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-01-26, 6:33 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:Thats awesome, can't wait to see the inside. Very Happy

Thanks! I'll probably start working on the inside after I rebuild it on the new server.

Sevyn wrote:Looks great <3

Thanks much!

I'm glad I have so much support from you guys. Hopefully you will all help make the museum a success once it is up and running. I have finished the exterior (well, half of it, but it will be symmetrical) and will hold off on the interior for now. Can't wait to start building on the new server! I will need A LOT of materials, so any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

The Kingdoms Museum? Museum21
The Kingdoms Museum? Museum22
The Kingdoms Museum? Museum23
The Kingdoms Museum? Museum24
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Amagous 2011-01-31, 4:10 am

Total support for the museum idea. If I'm allowed on the server, I'd be more then happy to help gather resources and possibly with construction if wanted, as well as pledge as many Templar's as are allowed on to help as well.
Amagous

Back to top Go down

Post  Churine 2011-02-02, 9:20 am

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.... Awesome.
Churine
Churine

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-02, 4:17 pm

Amagous wrote:Total support for the museum idea. If I'm allowed on the server, I'd be more then happy to help gather resources and possibly with construction if wanted, as well as pledge as many Templar's as are allowed on to help as well.
Thanks for the offer! If you are interested in helping, you may consider joining the Engineer Corps. I will keeping Corps members updated on progress and how they can help. Otherwise, your help is still very welcome and appreciated. I will post in this thread when I've found a spot and begun building.

Churine wrote:Uhhhhhhhhhhh.... Awesome.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.... Thanks! Very Happy
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  znoowy 2011-02-17, 11:58 am

The last picture sort of reminds me of TES: Oblivion...
Awesome idea BTW.!!
znoowy
znoowy

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuukazu 2011-03-28, 7:30 pm

It seems like it needs to be more grand. Perhaps like an airport layout with with different sections or "wings". Also I don't like the idea of it being made out of cobble or having a medieval theme, it is a museum after all, I think it needs to be modern and grand. An idea I have with this is the use of a bit of gold here and there, the tower does get alot of gold lets put some of that gold to use!
ryuukazu
ryuukazu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down