The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Engineer Corps

+7
Sevyn
GeorgeH
T3hHippie
AdrianRedd
Hazzy
Applebeard
CornNerd
11 posters

Go down

The Engineer Corps Empty The Engineer Corps

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-01, 7:10 am

Sevyn wrote:I hereby give you the leadership of the engineering corps as of January 31st, 2011, 6:08 Pacific time.

That's right, the Engineer Corps is back! Due to his recent induction into wizardhood, Sevyn has given me permission to get the Corps back under way.

What is The Engineer Corps?

The Engineer Corps is a group of volunteers who are willing and ready to build things for the community. From roads to roofs to really big towers, we'll build it for the good of everyone. Sevyn began the Corps by building the 2.0 spawn, for example.
Members of the Engineer Corps may belong to any factions or organizations. In other words, we do not limit who may join because of other involvement. If you want to help, then grab some gloves and get to work! If you're too busy at the moment, that's fine. Help when you can.

What benefits does The Engineer Corps have?

As of now, I am not sure whether or not the Corps should be an official organization. If it was, we would get our own chat channel and section in the forums. However, the problem is we would be limited to 5-8 members. If previous interest is any indicator, there will probably be more than 8 members.
Back in 2.0, Sevyn suggested the idea of on-duty engineers wearing yellow hats (on their skins, not necessarily gold helmets) to show they were working. This way, players would know they were on-duty and would not attack them. However, we can not guarantee that you will be protected. We are at the mercy of the public, we can only hope that they will be respect the yellow helmet. I am currently trying to think of an easier alternative to changing your skin.

How do we communicate?

Assuming we are unable to get a section on the forum or a chat channel, our primary means of communication will be either this thread or another thread made for the purpose of discussing projects. While this will not give us privacy, it will allow all members of the community to have input into what will eventually belong to them.
In-game we can easily use the local channel or private-messages to communicate.

What obligations do I have as a member of The Engineer Corps?

There are no obligations as far as how much you have to build or what you have to build. The main obligation members have is a desire to make the server a better place through building. There are no other rules than those governing the server. Members found breaking these rules are at risk of losing membership in the Corps in addition to any consequences given by admins.
Members should also be prepared to cooperate and follow the lead of whomever may be leading a particular project.

How do I join?

Joining is as simple as posting in this thread! Since we are neither a faction nor an organization, there is no application. You may consider telling why you would like to join or suggesting some ideas for projects.

Current Members:

- CornNerd
- Applebeard
- Hazzy
- T3hHippie
- GeorgeH
- Sevyn
- Boshiwukins
- MrSpoon
- Cypranex
- jcdomini

Current Projects:

- Kingdoms Museum (More info here) - Led by CornNerd
- Road Network - Led by Applebeard
- Pirate Waterway - Led by Cypranex
- Structure Deconstruction - Led by CornNerd

Last edited by CornNerd on 2011-02-18, 12:35 pm; edited 12 times in total
CornNerd
CornNerd

http://thehobbyfinder.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The Engineer Corps Empty Re: The Engineer Corps

Post  Applebeard 2011-02-01, 8:16 am

i have already made a start on roads, as you will have hopefully noticed, i will continue to build roads and bridges as i find it fun. I don't know whether this would qualify me for the corps though as im not sure of the obligations. on the subject of being attacked while on duty, part of the server rules are that one cannot attack without a motive, this should remove some of the problem. Any other problems could be removed as you mentioned with a gold helmet, it could be created with the gold the wizards buy?!? as it would be directly contributing towards the server.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-01, 8:28 am

Applebeard wrote:i have already made a start on roads, as you will have hopefully noticed, i will continue to build roads and bridges as i find it fun. I don't know whether this would qualify me for the corps though as im not sure of the obligations.

Yes, I have noticed the roads and bridges. They helped me find my way to the spawn. Very good work. Very Happy If you would like to be a member, I will add you. There are no real obligations other than a willingness to make the server a better place through building, which you seem to have.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 10:30 am

Building and designing as a third party member for the server sounds really fun. Count me in.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-01, 12:05 pm

Great! Currently Applebeard and I are working on a tunnel to help connect the road network. If you see Applebeard online he can probably tell you how you can help out. If you have any project ideas just let me know.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-02-01, 12:31 pm

The pirates could use a more convenient water route from spawn to our base. Right now we have to circumvent a bunch of land to make it to our base by boat. While we don't mine a winding route, it would be nice to make it a little shorter.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-02-01, 1:24 pm

I love this idea, count me in. Although is there a specific in-game building that we can hang out in/store our stuff? That would be a cool project that i could work on...
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 1:32 pm

A central tower to house materials could make things more effective, but setting it up might be difficult.

A skin for 'on the job' might not work well. I have issues rendering skins all the time, so a lot of people might not notice it. A gold helmet would work really well.

I would love to see a subforum for members to discuss projects and an ingame chat to communicate more easily with.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-01, 2:06 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:The pirates could use a more convenient water route from spawn to our base. Right now we have to circumvent a bunch of land to make it to our base by boat. While we don't mine a winding route, it would be nice to make it a little shorter.

I will add this to the list of projects. Due to the small number of members right now, I can't guarantee we will be able to get to it quickly.

T3hHippie wrote:I love this idea, count me in. Although is there a specific in-game building that we can hang out in/store our stuff? That would be a cool project that i could work on...

I was considering this, but was afraid that if it was found, people would make a habit of stealing from it. However, it would be very useful and greatly appreciated. Perhaps make it somewhere near spawn?

Hazzy wrote:
A skin for 'on the job' might not work well. I have issues rendering skins all the time, so a lot of people might not notice it. A gold helmet would work really well.

I would love to see a subforum for members to discuss projects and an ingame chat to communicate more easily with.

Yeah, I didn't think skins were the best idea. I was also trying to think of an alternative to gold helmets because of the rarity gold. I didn't want anyone to feel like they couldn't join because they didn't want to use their gold. I have found a decent amount of gold and will see if I can provide some helmets. If they have the means, however, it would be nice if everyone could make their own.
I will contact Soto to see if he will approve a forum/channel for us.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-02-02, 8:31 am

if anyone wants there base joined up by a road, can you post it here or pm me and i'll have a go at it.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-02-02, 9:26 am

I'm interested, particularly with road work. Just let me know what, where and when.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-02, 11:09 am

Count me in too as a regular member. It's part of the job description for my title anyways Smile
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-02, 4:07 pm

GeorgeH wrote:I'm interested, particularly with road work. Just let me know what, where and when.
If you see Applebeard online, you can send him a private message and see if he needs some help.

Also, if Soto does not get back to me about the subforum/channel by the end of the week, I will just make another topic. This topic will have more detailed information on projects, project leaders, how you can help, etc.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-03, 6:41 pm

I think I have come up with a solution for our storage issue.
I was recently raided for nearly everything valuable that I owned. Due to this, I have decided to abandon my old town and use my towny blocks to create and protect a storage building. Unfortunately, this means that I would have to be online to grant Corps members access to the supplies. I will continue to try to think of solutions to this problem.
Further, as I have given up the colossal effort that was creating my town, I will be devoting most of my time to Engineer Corps projects and collecting supplies.
If anyone has any suggestions regarding the storage issue, please post them.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Boshiwukins 2011-02-04, 4:47 pm

i'd love to join.
Boshiwukins
Boshiwukins

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-04, 5:30 pm

Boshiwukins wrote:i'd love to join.
Awesome, welcome to the Corps!

I have begun construction of the storage building. It is called Constructum and is not far from the spawn city (can't remember which direction right now). I will begin collecting supplies soon after construction is complete. If you would like to provide supplies, please just send me a message and I will meet you at the storage building. A material will not be available for use unless there is a decent stock of it (half of a chest, maybe?). Supplies are to be used only for Engineer Corps projects. I will be counting on all members to be honest, mature, and unselfish in order for this to work.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-06, 1:02 pm

Yay for chest protection! Now I will be able to give members access to chests that have materials needed for their projects. The Engineer Corps Headquarters can be found at x: 755, z: 966, not far from spawn. It is not entirely complete, but it can serve its purpose well enough.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-17, 8:03 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to say this. I want to join. I want to start working on the pirate's waterway. It doesn't seem like anyone else is up for the job and I have some ideas for it. Good ideas, hopefully. All I require is nine buckets full of water and maybe 2 diamond pickaxes and shovels. If any of the pirates disagree with this, please respond. If they want to know what I have in mind for them, please respond.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-02-18, 12:14 am

You'll have to let me in on the plans. We don't want a big straightway through, just a couple canals that's all.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-18, 12:46 am

The Brotherhood of Magma may also have use for the Engineer Corps' work sooner or later...
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-18, 8:09 am

Raijouta wrote:The Brotherhood of Magma may also have use for the Engineer Corps' work sooner or later...

You probably don't want too many people to know the location.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  jcdomini 2011-02-18, 10:12 am

I'm willing to help out with some Engineer Corps jobs if tools are supplied, as I don't have any Sad

But yeah, count me in and call on me when you guys need some help - I think the work you do is pretty awesome!
jcdomini

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-18, 12:34 pm

jcdomini wrote:I'm willing to help out with some Engineer Corps jobs if tools are supplied, as I don't have any Sad

But yeah, count me in and call on me when you guys need some help - I think the work you do is pretty awesome!
I rarely use any kind of tool other than stone, so it shouldn't be too hard for you to keep up if you just make some tools. Just punch some trees and mine some stone, and it only gets easier from there. Very Happy
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  jcdomini 2011-02-18, 12:48 pm

Sounds good - let me know if you need help on anything in particular!
jcdomini

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-18, 1:01 pm

jcdomini wrote:Sounds good - let me know if you need help on anything in particular!
I'll be posting everything in the projects topic, so just try to check there periodically.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down