The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highly controversial topic is controversial.

+15
Cypranex
Kremit
GeorgeH
Transfatninja
Habit
draco222
thewarthog
ivanelk
Boshiwukins
igortv123
Blind_Merc
MaxxOverdrive
KhaosLeper
CornNerd
Sevyn
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Highly controversial topic is controversial. - Page 2 Empty Re: Highly controversial topic is controversial.

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 6:23 pm

Regarding the actual point of this topic!!

In my honest opinion PvP should stay on. Certain people not naming any names as i might offend certain people from a certain faction.

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO ROLE PLAY! This is a RP server not a PvP server

Just saying "your in my lands get out or i will kill you" is not Role Playing or an excuse sure its right next to the castle but where are the signs/towny saying its your lands.

Maybe something like "You have entered the Lands of 'Awesomekingdomplace' What business do you have here?" if there is no reply you could say
"Answer me or be put to the sword!"
still no answer you have a right to kill them.

also warning somone killing them 5 seconds later is no excuse some poeple have trouble typing quickly also some people dont stare at there chat log the entire time!

seriously people Learn to Role play!
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Highly controversial topic is controversial. - Page 2 Empty Re: Highly controversial topic is controversial.

Post  Habit 2011-02-17, 6:40 pm

Kremit wrote:Regarding the actual point of this topic!!

In my honest opinion PvP should stay on. Certain people not naming any names as i might offend certain people from a certain faction.

PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO ROLE PLAY! This is a RP server not a PvP server

Just saying "your in my lands get out or i will kill you" is not Role Playing or an excuse sure its right next to the castle but where are the signs/towny saying its your lands.

Maybe something like "You have entered the Lands of 'Awesomekingdomplace' What business do you have here?" if there is no reply you could say
"Answer me or be put to the sword!"
still no answer you have a right to kill them.

also warning somone killing them 5 seconds later is no excuse some poeple have trouble typing quickly also some people dont stare at there chat log the entire time!

seriously people Learn to Role play!

in my eyes "leave my place or i will kill you" is completely enough. Guys are very busy most of the time with building etc, and they dont want to focus on players for hours. If they wont disapear the next 30 seconds i would kill them 2. Many places are so popular with so many ppls coming each day. talking to everyone for like 5hrs and asking for the business when its obvs that they just want to fuck you off and harass you. No thanks
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 6:47 pm

No offence Habit, you are one of the worst RPers i have ever met in a game seriously this is an RP server. Yes i will admit you have come a fair way in learning how to role play but you definatly need alot more practice. you have come from "I AM AN EVIL KING YOU DIE NOW" to "you are in my lands leave or die". But you still need work! Imo raiding is not the greatest of ideas, however Waylaying is a much better alternative! im not going to tell you what waylaying is you can go look it up!
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-17, 7:05 pm

OK, while I seriously disagree with the path this conversation has taken, I feel obliged to reply to it.

The first thing I looked for when I searched for this server was PVP. That is the first and only reason I joined it. As of yet, I have only been killed once (courtesy of ballnazor [and it was illegal at the time]) and I have killed dozens. PVP is my nature. Now, I am not saying I will nerdrage and quit this server if you take PVP away, but I am already seriously doubting our community. The only thing keeping me on is my friends and the everlasting stupor added by the hopes of a new society mod.

In conclusion to this very single-viewed reply, I say;
"Give me PVP or give me death!"
plagiarism ftw

Now to address the topic of RPing, which has recently popped up.
Roleplaying is a great way to have more fun while PVPing. While ambushes and traps are interesting, I always enjoy the thrill of wearing full diamond and jumping down from a tree to land in front of someone and sticking them up. All I usually ask for is their diamonds. Then I let them go on their way. An even better way to do it is to make a 2x1x1 tunnel underneath someone and talking to them in local chat. If they don't respond to your threats, you just dig out under them and kill them! I haven't done that on this server, but I have made quite more unique variants on others. Think creatively. That always gets me somewhere.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-17, 7:57 pm

Cypranex wrote:OK, while I seriously disagree with the path this conversation has taken, I feel obliged to reply to it.

The first thing I looked for when I searched for this server was PVP. That is the first and only reason I joined it. As of yet, I have only been killed once (courtesy of ballnazor [and it was illegal at the time]) and I have killed dozens. PVP is my nature. Now, I am not saying I will nerdrage and quit this server if you take PVP away, but I am already seriously doubting our community. The only thing keeping me on is my friends and the everlasting stupor added by the hopes of a new society mod.

In conclusion to this very single-viewed reply, I say;
"Give me PVP or give me death!"
plagiarism ftw

Now to address the topic of RPing, which has recently popped up.
Roleplaying is a great way to have more fun while PVPing. While ambushes and traps are interesting, I always enjoy the thrill of wearing full diamond and jumping down from a tree to land in front of someone and sticking them up. All I usually ask for is their diamonds. Then I let them go on their way. An even better way to do it is to make a 2x1x1 tunnel underneath someone and talking to them in local chat. If they don't respond to your threats, you just dig out under them and kill them! I haven't done that on this server, but I have made quite more unique variants on others. Think creatively. That always gets me somewhere.

You got me thinking . . . What if we had a mod that upon death, you lose some items (say if you carried more than eight). It chose items to be saved randomly.

I don't know. Something among those lines.

And yes, I don't want PvP completely abolished, but more fun for people who are dying. Dying in Minecraft is unlike any other game. You feel disconnected from what you've accomplished.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-17, 7:59 pm

Yay. I influenced Sevyn's mind.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-17, 8:01 pm

I hate rping, and i wont rp more than nessacary, in my eyes "leave my lands or your are death" is enough.

im not depressed in reallife that i need my second life in rping on a minecraftserver.
at least not yet

Last edited by Habit on 2011-02-17, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-17, 8:01 pm

Habit wrote:
Sevyn wrote:

You are not helping at all. You are making a lot of replies in this format. I am seriously considering banning you.

its his opinion that other ppls shouldnt give up there opinion (which is wrong). If u ban him for things like this ill leave this server, too. theres no reason to talk bullshit like this, he hasnt done anything wrong. hes just also bored of this useless comments u try to stop by turning pvp off. i used to like u but it seems u act pretty random 2.

You totally misinterpreted this. His post was derogatory and inflammatory, and he's made other posts like this before.

Habit wrote:I hate rping, and i wont rp more than nessacary, in my eyes "leave my lands or your are death" is enough

This is an RP server. I think you should deal with it.

Also ". . .your are death" made me laugh. I love foreigners.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-17, 8:10 pm

Sevyn wrote:
Habit wrote:
Sevyn wrote:

You are not helping at all. You are making a lot of replies in this format. I am seriously considering banning you.

its his opinion that other ppls shouldnt give up there opinion (which is wrong). If u ban him for things like this ill leave this server, too. theres no reason to talk bullshit like this, he hasnt done anything wrong. hes just also bored of this useless comments u try to stop by turning pvp off. i used to like u but it seems u act pretty random 2.

You totally misinterpreted this. His post was derogatory and inflammatory, and he's made other posts like this before.

Habit wrote:I hate rping, and i wont rp more than nessacary, in my eyes "leave my lands or your are death" is enough

once i joined this server it didnt say anything about RP. Now it is RP and i deal with it, but i wont do more than nessasary, funny that u post in here like "this is rp, deal with it"
let me tell you "this is PVP, deal with it". you mods are here to enforce the rules, not to make new rules.

to the ivan thing. Ban him or dont. but don talk in front of everyone like you did aka "i tell you in front of everyone im considering to ban you"

You applied for this job, u knew what u had to do its 99% taking care of all the whiners who died from pvp and the guys who overpvp. now it seems u only wanned to get mod to have the modpowers since ur looking for something that u dont have to do your work again. if pvp would be off we wouldnt need you as moderator anymore. I dont want to be offensive or anything. im just posting my opinion which should be allowed as far as i understood what u said to ivan. And sorry for my bad english again. Time to make fun about "foreigners"

I really dont want to get to far, i like you sevyn, ur my buddy ingame, but i think the admin and modteam shouldnt contain anyone whos under 18 years. really no offense its just u need some life expierience to judge fair
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-17, 8:24 pm

Habit, why don't you play theMMORPGProject.

It's a PVP server.

Maybe one day you'll understand.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 8:28 pm

Sevyn wrote:

First of all PWND!!!

Habit wrote:
once i joined this server it didnt say anything about RP. Now it is RP and i deal with it, but i wont do more than nessasary, funny that u post in here like "this is rp, deal with it"
let me tell you "this is PVP, deal with it". you mods are here to enforce the rules, not to make new rules.

to the ivan thing. Ban him or dont. but don talk in front of everyone like you did aka "i tell you in front of everyone im considering to ban you"

You applied for this job, u knew what u had to do its 99% taking care of all the whiners who died from pvp and the guys who overpvp. now it seems u only wanned to get mod to have the modpowers since ur looking for something that u dont have to do your work again. if pvp would be off we wouldnt need you as moderator anymore. I dont want to be offensive or anything. im just posting my opinion which should be allowed as far as i understood what u said to ivan. And sorry for my bad english again. Time to make fun about "foreigners"

I really dont want to get to far, i like you sevyn, ur my buddy ingame, but i think the admin and modteam shouldnt contain anyone whos under 18 years. really no offense its just u need some life expierience to judge fair

2nd of all all i read here is whine whine bitch bitch yes admins/mods are here to enforce the rules but who were you to say that they cant make new ones! also when i joined in 2.0 the reason i join is as it was discribed as an RP server dont like it LEAVE i know your not well liked on the server i dont mind you. If you were to grow up LEARN TO RP! im sure you would be a valued member of the server but atm all i can see is you causing problems within the server.
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-17, 8:34 pm

when i joined in 1.0 like 2 weeks after the server went up i straight looked that its not a hardcore RP server. it was a light rp server with different topics in the kingdoms but not that u have to fake a life to everyone else.

I told you i will RP as much as nessasary but dont expect more than "leave my area or you are death"

Smile

3rd time i have to post same crap
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 8:39 pm

Habit wrote:when i joined in 1.0 like 2 weeks after the server went up i straight looked that its not a hardcore RP server. it was a light rp server with different topics in the kingdoms but not that u have to fake a life to everyone else.

I told you i will RP as much as nessasary but dont expect more than "leave my area or you are death"

Smile

again all i have to say is THAT IS NOT ROLEPLAYING that is being a compleate dick trying to make excuses to PvP also WAYLAY!
1. Its more proffitable.
2. Its more fun.
3. Its compleatly legit and within the rules.
4. Its a way to ROLEPLAY!
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-17, 8:43 pm

Habit wrote:

Okay Habit, let me make several points.

1) I joined the Mod team because I wanted to help people. I am entitled to suggestions to help alleviate server relations. In fact, it's part of my job description.

2) The first thing I saw when I joined this server was "Kingdoms New Dawn [RP] [PvP] [PvE]"
I understood from the beginning that this would be a roleplaying server. I never knew if it was light RP or heavy RP. Just good ol' fashioned being a different person acting a different way.

3) Things on the internet get interpreted differently. If you were standing in front of me right now, and I said it aloud, you would have got I was joking around with you. I'm sorry if you took offense.

4) I give people fair warning to judicial actions. I wanted people to know that kind of behavior is not okay, and don't flame him because he was given a warning already.

I like you Habit. Your cocky in a fun way, but please don't tell me what I can or cannot do.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-17, 9:00 pm

Kremit wrote:
Habit wrote:when i joined in 1.0 like 2 weeks after the server went up i straight looked that its not a hardcore RP server. it was a light rp server with different topics in the kingdoms but not that u have to fake a life to everyone else.

Smile

again all i have to say is THAT IS NOT ROLEPLAYING that is being a compleate dick trying to make excuses to PvP also WAYLAY!
1. Its more proffitable.
2. Its more fun.

when ur trespassing i dont need to rp, you trespassing and getting killed is enough RPing for both of us
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-17, 9:03 pm

Habit wrote:
Kremit wrote:

Smile

1. Its more proffitable.
2. Its more fun.

when ur trespassing i dont need to rp, you trespassing and getting killed is enough RPing for both of us

I think trespassing is a fair exception. I mean, if someone breaks into your house, do you yell
"HALT! OR I SHALL SIMULATE GUNFIRE!"

But they have to be inside a physical boundary, not a supposed one. If you put up a fence and a DO NOT ENTER sign you by all means have the right to simulate gunfire.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-17, 9:15 pm

Sevyn wrote:
Habit wrote:
Kremit wrote:

Smile

1. Its more proffitable.
2. Its more fun.

I think trespassing is a fair exception. I mean, if someone breaks into your house, do you yell

But they have to be inside a physical boundary, not a supposed one. If you put up a fence and a DO NOT ENTER sign you by all means have the right to simulate gunfire.

the example hes talking about was like this, they were RIGHT outside the walls, and i told them i dont want them to be here. i talked to them like 2 minutes then i started fireing, they lost a 2n1 fight and one said i killed him from 15 blocks away, the other said i was invisible, after that i knew it is only whining what they are doing and didnt even care to much about the bans and apeals thread, well chivers was even watching the act and had some fun i guess Smile
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-17, 9:56 pm

Habit wrote:
Sevyn wrote:
Habit wrote:
Kremit wrote:

Smile

1. Its more proffitable.
2. Its more fun.

the example hes talking about was like this, they were RIGHT outside the walls, and i told them i dont want them to be here. i talked to them like 2 minutes then i started fireing, they lost a 2n1 fight and one said i killed him from 15 blocks away, the other said i was invisible, after that i knew it is only whining what they are doing and didnt even care to much about the bans and apeals thread, well chivers was even watching the act and had some fun i guess Smile

You should have put warning signs, but other wise it was perfectly acceptable.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 10:57 pm

I never whined about that u killed me big whoop it was a sword and armour i stole from you anyway. and we didnt talk for 2 mins u were like "my lands leave or die" and i said "there are no signs saying this is your land were just exploring". i dont care u killed me that was fair but im saying you dont ROLEPLAY which is my point here not the fact u killed me! seriously roleplay or leave the server. and yeah if somone breaks into your house u dont need to say anything.
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-02-17, 11:36 pm

Once you cross into townie protected areas you are fair game with no warning needed IMO. Kill on sight. On the other hand if a fight is initiated in the wilds a valid reason must be communicated between the antagonists before the action begins. Again IMO.

Last edited by GeorgeH on 2011-02-17, 11:42 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typos again)
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-18, 6:02 am

Come to think of it, in RL isn't there a law, your not trespassing until your actually asked to leave? - or something similar?
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-18, 6:13 am

GeorgeH wrote:Once you cross into townie protected areas you are fair game with no warning needed IMO. Kill on sight. On the other hand if a fight is initiated in the wilds a valid reason must be communicated between the antagonists before the action begins. Again IMO.

That was my point, i was outside his walls which is outside townied area!
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-18, 9:45 am

i roleplayed by telling you to leave, i gave u 1 warning, then i came out. then i gave u a 2nd warning, you ignored it. then i gave u a warning arrow in ur face, and u paniced and attacked me Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-02-18, 10:33 am

Habit wrote:i roleplayed by telling you to leave, i gave u 1 warning, then i came out. then i gave u a 2nd warning, you ignored it. then i gave u a warning arrow in ur face, and u paniced and attacked me Very Happy

That isnt him attacking you, thats you attacking him and him defending himself
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-02-18, 10:46 am

I think reducing the focus on pvp is a good idea but I feel that it is an important aspect of rp and adds variation to the game...just yesterday I had to sneak to avoid and outwit darwin with his diamond sword as I was weaponless and full of goodies... You need to have that element of risk and unpredictability that you just don't get with mobs.

Also excessive pvp is not a server wide problem but more localized to certain players....I have come across many people from other kingdoms and other nomads and they were all reasonably friendly...only 2 out of about 15 were threatening with thier weapons and the server needs that small minority to keep it varied (as long as they don't go over board). People will learn to avoid and begin to mis-trust those who kill all who pass.

If you are trespassing fair play but I do feel kingdoms don't have to be that unfriendly...The town that I belong to seems to be reasonably open to visitors and we have very few problems apart from the ocational grief but we have confidence in the wizards to deal with it
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next