The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More ways to make Money?

+2
Hazzy
Blind_Merc
6 posters

Go down

More ways to make Money? Empty More ways to make Money?

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-11, 10:34 pm

Is there really any other way to make money besides selling gold to the wizards and 10coins per ingot?

I know were meant to create shops and sell to other players.. problem is no one is interested in buying much because no one has the money to do so.

Thats all for now. Smile

I'm willing to set up a shop if it wasn't costing me 5 gold apples.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

More ways to make Money? Empty Re: More ways to make Money?

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-11, 11:11 pm

Minecraft was designed to be played on solo. The game mechanics tend towards a Jack of All Trades. This makes a market with specialization really difficult.

Need wood? Spend 20 minutes on a tree farm. Set for life.
Need cobble? Go mine anywhere. A generator could work.
Need diamond? Go mine for an hour. Habit and company have, according to Habit, something like 500 diamond.
Need iron? Go mine for 5 minutes. Iron is ridiculously common.
Need food? Find a pig or make a wheat farm. After a few harvest, never need food again.
Need arrows or other mob drops? Make a spawner. A few hours will get a basic one going. Something on the scale of Habit's will supply an entire army in 10 minutes.

The only way to really create a market is to limit what people can do. In real life, you have to specialize to get goods to sell. Anyone can do anything in Minecraft.

Mixed feelings / no idea how to limit people like that.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-11, 11:58 pm

Now that I think of it, I'm perfectly fine with the ole bartering system :L

Of course, huntere's putting in all this work for us so I guess I could use the new one Very Happy
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-12, 12:30 am

Hazzy wrote:Minecraft was designed to be played on solo. The game mechanics tend towards a Jack of All Trades. This makes a market with specialization really difficult.

Need wood? Spend 20 minutes on a tree farm. Set for life.
Need cobble? Go mine anywhere. A generator could work.
Need diamond? Go mine for an hour. Habit and company have, according to Habit, something like 500 diamond.
Need iron? Go mine for 5 minutes. Iron is ridiculously common.
Need food? Find a pig or make a wheat farm. After a few harvest, never need food again.
Need arrows or other mob drops? Make a spawner. A few hours will get a basic one going. Something on the scale of Habit's will supply an entire army in 10 minutes.

The only way to really create a market is to limit what people can do. In real life, you have to specialize to get goods to sell. Anyone can do anything in Minecraft.

Mixed feelings / no idea how to limit people like that.

Really, you can't. As I've said in another thread, trading can only really be useful in the event of a war, where you would need as many men aiding you as you could get, and could not afford to have any of them out mining, no matter how quickly they could pull some things together. So you pay to have some things delivered from a merchant, town, or other nation to keep your men supplied instead. You'll have to choose between spending coin, or time. Wealth can make people lazy, and you can gain wealth from lazy people. There's really no advantage to saving up coin at the moment (other than the dark satisfaction that comes from hoarding), so anyone looking to save 30 minutes of digging, searching for supplies, or building need only shake their purse to call someone to do it for them. That's really the only "market" at the moment.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-12, 9:16 am

Blind_Merc wrote:Is there really any other way to make money besides selling gold to the wizards and 10coins per ingot?

I know were meant to create shops and sell to other players.. problem is no one is interested in buying much because no one has the money to do so.

Thats all for now. Smile

I'm willing to set up a shop if it wasn't costing me 5 gold apples.

You can, Us Revolutionary's are always looking for allys they will do work for us, like the other day we payed demen to give us cobble, so he just transferred it from his chest to ours.

If you want you just pm georgeh or habit when they are online and trying to barter in ooc take the opportunity to sell him stuff there, the legion always needs supply, we only have less then half the buildings finished atm. the nobles need mats,(nobles are me, Diabloz,Ivanelk,Arkitek,Georgeh,DarwinAssist,Habit)
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-12, 12:26 pm

We Always Need Supplies, and Are Always buying Cobble, Dirt, Logs, Lapiz, Dyes, Wool, Fur, Mossy Cobble, Coal, LightStone etc..., we are currently the only faction well organized to mass produce goods, such as iron,diamond, arrows,Tnt, Bows, because of our elite team of miners, Such as GeorgeH, and the entire Faction. we work as a team, and if we need coins, we go and look for a section to branch mine, with a team of 6-15 people. if we have so much diamonds (hazzy saying 500 is a bit far-fetched) is because we work together but we do have a decent amount of diamond and gold, and have been spreading the wealth around, Everyone in our kingdom is entitled to a home, and Everyone in the Kingdom earns their own bit of coins from our supplies, there is currently a real estate system that has developed inside our Capital Avalon, where Faction members are buying and selling houses to each other, as well as having faction members paying each other to build things they couldnt. and then if they need supplies the kingdom cant provide, they go an trade outside the kingdom.

~~Diabloz
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down