The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!]

+9
Disto
AdrianRedd
T3hHippie
Cypranex
mtheoryninja
Applebeard
Blind_Merc
Hazzy
Soto_Black
13 posters

Go down

Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!] Empty Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!]

Post  Soto_Black 2011-02-01, 2:53 am

Update: If you believe you may have ended up on the list of players who have used the Xray texture pack and are about to be banned, send me a PM informing me you have removed it. The program only logs if you have used it, not if you currently are. Again, if you have removed it and do not want to be banned send me a PM letting me know to remove you from the list of players to be banned. We will check again after we purge the first group to ban any others who slipped through.

You will have no second chance. If you missed this message and get banned any messages sent to me about it will be ignored.

It is pretty obvious that some people are using the Xray texture pack. I have narrowed it down to a list of people.

I want to ask that players do not use them, and if you are a kingdom leader, please try to make sure that your players are not using it.

I do have a few players that I have been able to confirm using it through various, and previously unavailable means (credits to our programmer), and I am giving them a chance to remove it.

It will eventually degrade the game-play, and turn it into a no contest fight between kingdoms and players. It may be a short term gain in power, but eventually all the players will lose the will to play and in itself destroy the gameplay. In which case we would have to do another map reset to get everyone on even grounds again, and hope that nobody destroys the balance by artificially increasing their diamond or gold supply.

If you care about the server and the spirit of the game we are striving for, please remove your xray texture packs and play in the same world with everyone else.

Last edited by Soto_Black on 2011-02-02, 11:15 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!] Empty Re: Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!]

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 3:38 am

There will always be cheaters, but in this instance those who abuse it will be very obvious, so it should cancel out.

I am curious though, how can the server know who is using what texture pack?
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!] Empty Re: Wire Craft texture pack [update - read this!]

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-01, 3:58 am

Hazzy wrote:There will always be cheaters, but in this instance those who abuse it will be very obvious, so it should cancel out.

I am curious though, how can the server know who is using what texture pack?

I'd also like to know how they find out, yet that may give away how they actually block it.

My guess is it might look for a certain way irregular amount of transparency in a texture pack, if it's a ridiculous amount it's no doubt a wire-craft - a bit of interrogation and you may get someone to admit it.

Yet I really don't know how these things work. xD
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-02-01, 7:05 am

ban them, they said 'i did' when they joined and therefore agreed to the terms of the server. using a texture pack like that is inconsiderate towards everyone and therefore should be acted on with the upmost seriousness.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  mtheoryninja 2011-02-01, 8:44 am

Although if you want to super duper make sure your stuff is safe, completely surround it with blocks. Minecraft doesn't draw blocks which are completely surrounded by other blocks, which will then make wire craft completely useless (for chest hunting).
mtheoryninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-01, 8:51 am

I agree with Applebeard. You should ban them. They are trying to gain an unfair advantage when they swore not to.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 10:28 am

mtheoryninja wrote:Although if you want to super duper make sure your stuff is safe, completely surround it with blocks. Minecraft doesn't draw blocks which are completely surrounded by other blocks, which will then make wire craft completely useless (for chest hunting).
There is a mod which will allow minecraft to load those textures. The name escapes me, but I glanced upon it while browsing the MCForums.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-02-01, 1:28 pm

Seriously, in 3.0 people still don't learn... How is cheating like this fun? I still don't get it, you are cheating for virtual items that you will never get to keep in real life. Also you should enclude the names of the people doing this on this topic so we can all get angry at them, and maybe they will use another texture pack. Smile
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-02-01, 1:28 pm

Honestly I have no idea how it works. The programmer said he couldn't prevent players from using it, but he may be able to create something that tells me who is using it. Basically it writes the players name into a text file when they log on with a texture pack that has opacity changed on certain blocks.

But as of yet we have not gotten a false positive during testing.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 1:37 pm

If the server can identify when someone logs in with it, can't the server just boot them after saving their name to the text file?
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-02-01, 3:23 pm

Hazzy wrote:If the server can identify when someone logs in with it, can't the server just boot them after saving their name to the text file?

He could if he had time. Right now he is hard at work with the new mod. He just threw that together for me. It technically does not log names, but IP addresses. Then I match them up with the players manually. So for him it would take too much time to automate it right now.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-02-01, 4:55 pm

You don't have to come and confess, we lookin' fo you.
We gon' find you, we gon' find you,
So you can run and tell that,
Run and tell that,
Run and tell that,
Homeboy, home home homeboy....
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Disto 2011-02-01, 4:58 pm

"Hide your kids, hide your wife
And hide your husband
Cuz they’re rapin errbody out there..."

I prefer Double Rainbow though.
Disto
Disto

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-01, 6:44 pm

You should have given me the list Soto, I need to practice my sniping skills. :3

Off-topic: Anyone like my new sig picture?
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-02-01, 6:47 pm

Sevyn wrote:You should have given me the list Soto, I need to practice my sniping skills. :3

That's pretty epic. I love Starcraft!

Anyways, I can't believe people are still using wirecraft. You think they would realize it ruins everyone else's fun...
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-02-01, 7:01 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:
Sevyn wrote:You should have given me the list Soto, I need to practice my sniping skills. :3

That's pretty epic. I love Starcraft!

Anyways, I can't believe people are still using wirecraft. You think they would realize it ruins everyone else's fun...

Yeah I am just glad I actually have power to stop it now.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-01, 7:46 pm

Woo, way to strike fear into the hearts of the hackers Very Happy or texture packers, or xrayers.

Btw Sevyn, nice picture. Now I forgot what your old one was.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Amagous 2011-02-01, 9:47 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:That's pretty epic. I love Starcraft!

Every community will ALWAYS have crap apples someway or another.
At least in this case, you guys have the power to remove this batch of them.
Amagous

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-04, 10:42 pm

Have you banned them yet Soto?

Me and Bryn's hidden chest got hit by a Wirecraft user.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down