The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide)

4 posters

Go down

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) Empty Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide)

Post  ­ 2011-03-27, 2:28 am

Adrian said he might make a tutorial on how to graph with Ms Paint, but seeing as he hasn't yet, I think I will for him.

First off, you need to open Ms Paint (Durrr)

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) 111

Next select the line tool, click down around the top, hold shift and then drag down to make a straight line to the bottom Do it one more time a little bit over to the right.

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) 211

Now that the hard part is over (orly?) you can just hold Ctrl + A to select the screen. Go to the select option at the top and choose the transparent selection. Then press Ctrl + LeftArrowkey to copy and move the copy over. You only have to press that combo once, then you can just press the Left arrow key, or any other arrow key to move the copied selection around.

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) 310

Now just make two more lines going horizontally across the image.

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) 411

Now just copy and slide like you did the first time, except down this time.

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) 511

Now you can use this grid that you just made to graph out buildings in minecraft. Just use the paint bucket to fill in the squares of the grid.

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) 612
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) Empty Re: Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide)

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-03-27, 6:34 am

...or if your a lazy buggah like myself for example.

You Google images graph paper and chuck it into Photoshop. Wink

http://www.ricksmath.com/images/graphpaper2.gif
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide) Empty Re: Making graph paper in Ms Paint; Useful to build (Addon to Redd's Building Guide)

Post  hankypanky7 2011-03-27, 7:11 am

I just zoom in a lot and enable the grid lines on the view tab.
hankypanky7

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-03-27, 9:02 am

thanks shigan very helpful. Even though i never plan buildings cos i m too awesome Razz but i m sure for those of u who put effort into the game this will help a lot
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down