The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Levels Mod

+19
rhino600
Applebeard
T3hHippie
Littlemoomoo
Falzz
ballnazor
igortv123
ivanelk
Roflbeeb
Habit
KhaosLeper
Luke17
HunterE30633
Blind_Merc
draco222
Transfatninja
MaxxOverdrive
MrSpoon
RevolutionBeginz
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What do You think of Levels mod?

Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 7 ]
Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_lcap15%Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]
Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 4 ]
Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 7 ]
Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_lcap38%Levels Mod - Page 3 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 39

Levels Mod - Page 3 Empty Re: Levels Mod

Post  ballnazor 2011-03-16, 12:08 pm

As adrian pointed out, Only being able to level one or two of your skills to 100 (With maxx's system) would make it so much better Rp wise. People would have jobs and roles in our world and not just everyone being able to do everything.
ballnazor

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-03-16, 1:39 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:Ah, but would it be game changing in a good way? Some of the things on the list are great, while others would be game breakers.

The level hard cap is a great idea, it causes people to specialize in only a couple skills. I would like the cap increased by, say, 50 or so? That way people can specialize in 3 major skills to level 100 if they want to. With Mining, Swordsmanship, Acrobatics, Axes, Blacksmithing, Mercantile.... all of them are incredibly useful. It wouldn't be fair if people didn't have enough EXP to at least get some experience in a couple things. For instance, my character is combat focused, but I also want mercantile so I can sell my loot. How could I have enough EXP for Armor, Acrobatics, Archery, Swordsmanship, AND Mercantile?

Well, really you'd only need swordsmanship/axes/H2H and archery to be combat-based. If you got one weapon skill and archery to 100, you'd have 50 points to spend on other skills. You only need 10 mercantile to open a store, and 25 Acrobatics to ignore most roof-height falls. You'd have 15 points left; Enough to start on another skill, or upgrade mercantile, so you can make money fighting monsters.

AdrianRedd wrote:Also, there's a couple glaring problems with some of the skills being frikkin imbalanced. Like for Blacksmithing, any time tools become stackable, you have a major problem. You have a market, and that market depends on supply and demand. If you end up flooding the market with stackable tools (even just stone ones), then you're significantly lowering the value of not only the tools, but the materials their made of besides. Imagine coming out in spawn, and finding a chest loaded with stacks and stacks of stone tools? Congratulations, you just broke a key part of the game. Now the guy can take those and use them to his heart's content, never depending on another person for his wealth. Now, if there was a way that only the person with Blacksmithing could have tools stacked, and have them stack ONLY in his personal inventory, and have it be his lvl 100 bonus rather than his lvl 50 bonus, then yeah, I'm cool with that.

Yeah, stackable tools, in retrospect, is kind of a bad idea. I'd be open to suggestions on a skill 25 perk.

AdrianRedd wrote:For the Forget thing, can you add a number function for that? Like, "Forget 5 Armor". Instead of forgetting ALL your armor and having to start over again, you can forget those 5 extra you accidentally got that's keeping you from maxing out that other skill you want.

Herbalism.... kinda pointless. Maybe make a cooking skill, for bonuses in making cake, bread, and stew? Otherwise I'll be blocking that skill right out the door.

Forget is toggled. If, say, you typed in /forget herbalism, and began training your axes skill, every time you gained a point in axes, you would lose a point in herbalism. This means that switching your skills is possible, but very hard to do at high levels.

Herbalism allows you to use mushrooms and flowers as healing tools. Considering flowers and mushrooms are stackable, this skill is actually very useful.

You keep mentioning an armor skill, but there's no armor skill...I guess it may be added, depending on how transfat and Hunter want magic to work, but when I mention "armor", I mean armor points.

AdrianRedd wrote:Swords giving armor is an interesting idea, but if you add on all the other things like Block Arrows and stack that with other bonuses you get from Armor and Acrobatics, you could end up having a guy that's nigh invincible at high levels. Also, in the end you'll have some kind of crazy crouch wars going on.

Axes are able to smite swordsman that are blocking instantly, and H2H fighters can disarm the sword, removing any armor bonus the swordsman might have had. The true advantage is against arrows, and even then, the swordsman must advance slowly to remain protected.

AdrianRedd wrote:How does acrobatics work? If you have it maxed out, then you'll never tumble/roll again, you'll just super jump. Maybe make a different keystroke for the roll? It could be used as a dodge then too. Maybe at a high level using a roll would keep you from activating a pressure plate to a trap, or allow you to make a longer horizontal jump if you jump right after a roll, allowing you to get past larger gaps.

No, you'll still hit the ground before you super-jump, so fall damage will occur with long falls. Axes will be able to kill acrobats that try and roll past them instantly, just as with the swordsman. If it's possible to implement a way to long-jump out of a roll, I would probably add it as a skill 75 bonus, along with the effect already listed.

AdrianRedd wrote:Disarm?! On hand to hand? I'm cool with the idea of a disarm, but with that high of a percentage, all I need is a really high hand to hand and a ton of armor, and I'll be poppin swords outta guys hands no problem. Think about it, my attack speed is really high, and my attacks do no knockback. I can attack really fast! So that's a ton of chances for me to disarm my opponent and win. (Given I don't up and get killed by his sword) And then what if he has hand to hand skill? Either this skill is the most OP, or the one that's guaranteed to kill the most noobs that try to use it.

There are indeed a lot of chances for the brawler to disarm an opponent, but he has to get very close to do so. Archers will destroy him at a distance, as he has no counter to arrows.

AdrianRedd wrote:Axes instantly kill crouching players. A cool idea, considering the axe even with the bonuses is still weaker than the other weapons. Since the sword gives more armor bonuses, a swordsman would be tempted to use his crouch against an axe wielding opponent. But if that axe guy is lvl 100, bam, end of the road for sword guy.

The diamond axe can do 6 hearts of damage, potentially armor-piercing. That means he's able to two-shot characters even if they're wearing armor. I think it's pretty level with the others, and the crouching-counter is kind of icing on the cake.

AdrianRedd wrote:Where's the Sneak skill!? Where's my attack bonus for attacking someone while sneaking? Or my speed bonus? Why can't I be a NINJA!? Remember to make it balanced though, no OP things. And keep in mind there has to be a difference between sneaking and crouching, otherwise you will always have crouch wars going on for the people that want all their bonuses.

To be honest, I don't think a sneak skill is necessary. The bonus for mastering stealth is that you can remain completely hidden from people and move undetected. If you manage to sneak up behind a player, kill him, and step back instead of forward, the victim will be unable to tell who killed him (unless death notifications are turned on). I'm also trying to keep damage bonuses as few as possible. Acrobatics already allows you ninja-like mobility, learn to use a sword and you're set!.

AdrianRedd wrote:I want a command that lets me check my level and experience! /check axe should show me my level in axe, and how many hits/blocks broken/noobs killed it will take for me to get to the next one. /check skills should show me all my current skills that I have levels in, and what skills I have locked, unlocked, or whatever. There can be more commands too, but you need them for organizing and keeping up with your own activity.

These were kind of assumed... /checklvl [skillname] would display your level and status (LOCKED:UNLOCKED)

Last edited by MaxxOverdrive on 2011-03-16, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  HoboJoeTLM 2011-03-16, 2:09 pm

a

Last edited by HoboJoeTLM on 2011-09-16, 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
HoboJoeTLM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-03-16, 3:59 pm

Personally I think that mcmmo is perfectly fine, and doesn't really need changing. The perks from that were a lot less game changing, so new players are at a much lower disadvantage.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-03-16, 8:46 pm

guys why is noone commenmting in my troll posts Sad
u r boring
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-03-17, 12:27 am

skeletonboy wrote:Personally I think that mcmmo is perfectly fine, and doesn't really need changing. The perks from that were a lot less game changing, so new players are at a much lower disadvantage.

It's crazy imbalanced though. TheLolness could two-shot anyone wearing diamond armor with his bare hands. That's why I'd support at least having an armor skill.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-03-17, 11:37 am

I dont think there should be any skill that increases pvp ability, maybe increase pve instead so there is some advantage.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-03-17, 1:45 pm

Habit wrote:guys why is noone commenmting in my troll posts Sad
u r boring

Maybe it is because you are trolling? Hmm I don't know...
Anyways...I love MaxOverdrives list since it would actually give more uses for some items in the game.
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-03-17, 2:35 pm

we got to be careful not to make it too complicated for new users and this could be a problem unless we create a proper help command that can help new users but apart from that looks good. I prefer the idea of levelling with bonuses not limitations.
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum