The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highly controversial topic is controversial.

+15
Cypranex
Kremit
GeorgeH
Transfatninja
Habit
draco222
thewarthog
ivanelk
Boshiwukins
igortv123
Blind_Merc
MaxxOverdrive
KhaosLeper
CornNerd
Sevyn
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Highly controversial topic is controversial. - Page 3 Empty Re: Highly controversial topic is controversial.

Post  GeorgeH 2011-02-18, 10:54 am

Kremit wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:Once you cross into townie protected areas you are fair game with no warning needed IMO. Kill on sight. On the other hand if a fight is initiated in the wilds a valid reason must be communicated between the antagonists before the action begins. Again IMO.

That was my point, i was outside his walls which is outside townied area!

You misunderstand. When you see the message that you are in a protected area then you are trespassing. The presence of a wall is irrelevant. Your options then are to leave or face possible attack with no forewarning, and if I recall correctly the message for the Legion base occurs outside the wall. That said, I don't know the particular circumstances you experienced so can't speak to them directly.

What I was doing was giving my opinion on when and how PvP should be initiated. That's the point of this thread.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Highly controversial topic is controversial. - Page 3 Empty Re: Highly controversial topic is controversial.

Post  Habit 2011-02-18, 11:48 am

skeletonboy wrote:
Habit wrote:i roleplayed by telling you to leave, i gave u 1 warning, then i came out. then i gave u a 2nd warning, you ignored it. then i gave u a warning arrow in ur face, and u paniced and attacked me Very Happy

That isnt him attacking you, thats you attacking him and him defending himself

sure thats a little overreacting since if i wanned to kill him id spam arrows, but id see it like you. I dont know why we have to discuss that long about this topic. I gave them 2 clear warnings. They knew why they died => perfect RP
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-18, 11:51 am

Kremit wrote:I never whined about that u killed me big whoop it was a sword and armour i stole from you anyway. and we didnt talk for 2 mins u were like "my lands leave or die" and i said "there are no signs saying this is your land were just exploring". i dont care u killed me that was fair but im saying you dont ROLEPLAY which is my point here not the fact u killed me! seriously roleplay or leave the server. and yeah if somone breaks into your house u dont need to say anything.

oh someone just admited he raided in times of no raiding, but noone cares anways unless its us Smile
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-02-18, 12:45 pm

I think pvp is a part of what makes a server like this fun. Personally I don't pvp I just like building things but, I know several people that love to play to pvp and raid.
Pvp however should only be used for raids, wars, and defense / town defense.

Most of the time mods on this sever want "role play killing" but I think thats what causes a lot of problems not pvp. Role play killing give people a reason to kill someone with out a reason.

Role play that should be allowed:

Vagabonds should be allowed to "rob" other players but, they have to give warning, and you have to give them the opportunity to give you some stuff without being killed. and if they give you their items you now are not allowed to kill. But if the player starts Running away that means they are saying go ahead and attack. unless they where running before hand then give them 10 seconds to see your message and they don't respond still you are allowed to attack. People in kingdoms are not allowed to do this however. But if you are being robbed by a vagabond you have the right to attack back / kill them without a warning.

If you get robbed/killed by a vagabond you now have reason to attack / raid them or their city. (this could break the new life rule, but there should be some exceptions to that rule) If you where the one robbing someone and they killed you, you do not have any reason to do anything as you where "breaking the law"

In wars vagabonds/other kingdoms can become allies with a kingdom under attack or attacking. This off course gives the opposite side the right to attack/ war/ raid the allies towns or kingdoms. If you have not officially allied yourself with another kingdom you have no reason to be attacking anyone participating in that war.

Also in war there is no need for warnings. If a player is a part of the faction you are with war with you have every right to kill them. same with people that are allies.

Now town Defense you should warn them to leave your area before attacking. If they are super close to your base/trying to get in your base they are asking for trouble and don't need a warning. Same with people inside your base they don't need a warning before you attack. Only once you attack the intruder do they have the right to attack back. Unless they have a prior reason(which should be known by anyone involved).

Now there also needs to be a eye for and eye rule. If someone kills someone in your faction / town. you only have the right to kill them or 1 other person in their faction / town or raid them. If some vagabond robs or kills one of your faction/town members you only have to right to raid them or kill that person or anyone in there faction. If you become under attack after getting your justice you may kill the person attacking you. If you are the antagonist however you do not get to intact justice if you or a town member is killed.

There might be more I'm missing, if there is I will add it later.

Last edited by Arkitek on 2011-02-19, 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-18, 2:15 pm

Hurrah. Some civilized discussion. I'm glad I didn't have to lock it.

Continue.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-02-18, 2:33 pm

Sevyn wrote:Hurrah. Some civilized discussion. I'm glad I didn't have to lock it.

Continue.

O ok. lol =P

As for this argument about what is and what is not role playing.

I see "leave my land or i will kill you" just as much role playing as "arg mate what are are doing here? arg leave now or be buried 6 feet under"

You don't have to talk like a mid evil person or a pirate to role play.

Same with "hey give me your items or i will kill you" you don't have to overboard the role play "thou givith me thou gold or ye face my blade"

You can do that if you want but it should not be a requirement.

But if you see someone walking around, leave them alone god damn it...
I figure only letting vagabonds be allowed to antagonize people in no mans land should help with this.

However I think duel matches would be a good addition to the game play.
2 players (or even a team) battle it out and winner takes the losers armor and/or wager.
this would allow people that love pvp to fight and get money or items.
You would need a good way to make sure no one cheats in the battle though.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-18, 4:12 pm

Arkitek wrote:

However I think duel matches would be a good addition to the game play.
2 players (or even a team) battle it out and winner takes the losers armor and/or wager.
this would allow people that love pvp to fight and get money or items.
You would need a good way to make sure no one cheats in the battle though.

me as pvp lover, i wouldnt like something like this. i like more running heatheaded in 10 fullarmed ppl and have fun killing some of em before i fail then "fair" fights. wouldnt be fun for me. Guess this would take place in little arenas where u barly need skill to win. hiding in the nature, backstapping. abusing hills/difficult jumps to just be faster than the other guys, taking them out 1 by 1 hiding after each kill. god damn thats my game, not arenafights (which can be fun additional 2, but not if this would be the only thing u can do pvp) Mad
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-18, 4:16 pm

Sevyn wrote:Hurrah. Some civilized discussion.

Sig'd. Maybe because my sig is nearly empty, or because this quote inspire me.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-02-18, 4:37 pm

Arkitek makes excellent points in both his posts. With some really minor quibbles I agree with his perception of what PvP and RP should be striving for on this server. It really boils down to making some basic rules that are enforced by the mods, not pandering to the chattering class who want to make this server into their own image.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-18, 10:22 pm

i put some signs out side of the wall a week ago saying Warning Legion players, and Caution Legion Territory, and even built a couple of griefed buildings to warn players. i build about 12 signs and 4 burning houses and 2 crushed boats outside the wall, but someone decided it would be a good idea to completely destroy a purposely griefed building, to nothing, removed 12 signs, that took time and effort to place, and destroyed an already destroyed ship to nothing more then a peice of 3 blocks. then you guys complaint that we dont warn people when i try my best to warn people and you people destroy all that because its not townyd idk for what reason. all that took 2 days to do and was gone in 1 night. you guys blame us we dont put the effort, but its your own kind that grief each other. and what did i do about the time and effort i put into making the scenery for players to be warned, nothing i just sucked it up and blamed my self for taking the time to consider other players. i didnt post a thread about the griefing of the 12 signs or buildings/boats because it would be pointless, since no one has the face to accept if they have done something wrong, all they do is pass the blame. So kermit QQ and whine all you want when you dont understand the circumstances, we put the effort, vagabonds or pirates took it down then you blame us we dont RP, You approach a giant wall, its Says the Legion on it, Habit gives you 2 warnings, are you seriously that dumb? theres ONE of you vs. a Faction, your oviously going to die if you dont comply that has nothing to do with pvp or RP, in Real life the mangolians, the highlanders, and the chineese scouted miles from their lands for trespassers, if you read the history books most traspassers would die or get robbed without warning. now if the fkn king told you to leave and you didnt listen, that was perfect RP, you knew you died because you were traspassing. theres nothing more to say, idk wdf you wanted to hear? "oh come in for a cup of tea" seriously just stop Whining.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-19, 1:32 pm

Diabloz wrote:i put some signs out side of the wall a week ago saying Warning Legion players, and Caution Legion Territory, and even built a couple of griefed buildings to warn players. i build about 12 signs and 4 burning houses and 2 crushed boats outside the wall, but someone decided it would be a good idea to completely destroy a purposely griefed building, to nothing, removed 12 signs, that took time and effort to place, and destroyed an already destroyed ship to nothing more then a peice of 3 blocks. then you guys complaint that we dont warn people when i try my best to warn people and you people destroy all that because its not townyd idk for what reason. all that took 2 days to do and was gone in 1 night. you guys blame us we dont put the effort, but its your own kind that grief each other. and what did i do about the time and effort i put into making the scenery for players to be warned, nothing i just sucked it up and blamed my self for taking the time to consider other players. i didnt post a thread about the griefing of the 12 signs or buildings/boats because it would be pointless, since no one has the face to accept if they have done something wrong, all they do is pass the blame. So kermit QQ and whine all you want when you dont understand the circumstances, we put the effort, vagabonds or pirates took it down then you blame us we dont RP, You approach a giant wall, its Says the Legion on it, Habit gives you 2 warnings, are you seriously that dumb? theres ONE of you vs. a Faction, your oviously going to die if you dont comply that has nothing to do with pvp or RP, in Real life the mangolians, the highlanders, and the chineese scouted miles from their lands for trespassers, if you read the history books most traspassers would die or get robbed without warning. now if the fkn king told you to leave and you didnt listen, that was perfect RP, you knew you died because you were traspassing. theres nothing more to say, idk wdf you wanted to hear? "oh come in for a cup of tea" seriously just stop Whining.

Whoever destroyed the houses is very derp, or Engineer Corp. Don't blame the latter if it's true, they're sort of the landscapers of the server.

And taking down the signs are just plain silly. If you find whoever did that, PM me.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-19, 2:24 pm

im sure it was not the engineering corp, as GeorgeH a member of the Engineering corp would have informed us, he usually informs us of everything that changes around our location. i dont want to waste anymore of my time on this so im just going to suck it up.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3