The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banning of Colinthetank

4 posters

Go down

Banning of Colinthetank Empty Banning of Colinthetank

Post  C 2011-01-09, 7:47 pm

I had a very long discussion with Sevyn who is in charge of bans and he said he might throw bits and pieces of our discussion in for reference. He also asked me to create a thread on this, and so here we go. This is part of the chat log for the forum chat today between Shigan and Soto. I would like to ask why I was banned. From the chat log it seems
Shigan just said:
-Hey soto, why is Colin unbanned
-Soto said he doesn't remember.
-Shigan says I dont like Colin, and I want him banned.
-Soto says, okay sure.

Here is the chat log

[20:38:38 09/01/11] Shigan : Soto
[20:38:46 09/01/11] Soto_Black : hey
[20:38:51 09/01/11] Shigan : Why was Colinthetank unbanned?
[20:39:14 09/01/11] Soto_Black : I am not sure.
[20:39:27 09/01/11] Shigan : The mods say you did it.
[20:39:29 09/01/11] Soto_Black : I didn't know he was even banned.
[20:39:38 09/01/11] Soto_Black : I dont recall
[20:39:41 09/01/11] Soto_Black : Maybe I did
[20:39:42 09/01/11] Shigan : For being a general griefer
[20:39:56 09/01/11] Shigan : That no one wanted around
[20:40:15 09/01/11] Soto_Black : I did once and had a talk with him. We appealed and came back. After that I am not sure why he was banned again.
[20:40:20 09/01/11] Soto_Black : He*
[20:41:22 09/01/11] Shigan : I think it was RAshala
[20:41:35 09/01/11] Shigan : Rashala asked you and you said you'd had enough of him
[20:41:43 09/01/11] Shigan : So s/he banned him
[20:42:03 09/01/11] Shigan : He has been nothing but a pain to the entire server
[20:42:31 09/01/11] Shigan : Next to no one liked him, besides his fellow griefers ( from what I know )
[20:42:38 09/01/11] Shigan : Only one person was upset he was banned
[20:44:15 09/01/11] Domitius : Hello!
[20:44:43 09/01/11] Soto_Black : I will remove him again when I get a moment
End of quoted logs

-Anyone else see how one sided this conversation is?

Shigan and I have butted heads numerous times in the past and we both do not get along. I did not have to do anything to Shigan to make him talk to Soto to try and get me banned. Just because we do not get along does not mean it should be acceptable that he can just say I want X person banned because I don't like him and then bam, I get banned.

Now a little over a week ago I tried to log into minecraft and saw I was banned. Honestly, there was never an actual reason given for me being banned, it was a spur of the moment ban that happened days before X-mas. So I messaged Soto on the forums and asked him about it. Here was his response:

Banning of Colinthetank Privatemessage

Part of the message is cutoff in this forum post, here is the link to it so you can read the words on the right side:

https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/privatemessage.png/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, based upon this PM and the discussion between Shigan and Soto, I have to ask why the hell was I banned tonight January 9th? Right before I got banned I will admit I was moving Shigan around in spawn when he was afk by standing on top of him. I did not attack him, I did not hurt him, I did not kill him. And when an admin asked me to stop, I did. But the conversation on the forums between Shigan and Soto happened before I was even moving Shigan around in spawn. I will admit that I did think it was probably against the rules but there was no harm done. The only reason I did it was because of the behavior of Shigan against me this evening as being referenced in this thread: https://minecraftthekingdom.forumotion.com/t45-shigan-verbal-abuse#290

I know 2 wrongs don't mean a right, but moving someone around in spawn and doing 0 damage to them or their property is absolutely not even close to what Shigan has said to me this evening.
C

Back to top Go down

Banning of Colinthetank Empty Re: Banning of Colinthetank

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-09, 7:53 pm

I havn't kept track of who is banned who is not. The reason I elected sevyn in charge of PR is because I cannot keep up on this while I am working on the technical and mechanical side of the server. I don't remember why you were banned, but my response was after the other mods told me you were banned for greifing and harassing a while back. So I gave the okay for it in my response.

Even then I still was not the one who banned you, and I don't have the time to sort this out while running the server. I am sure sevyn is working on this right now.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-09, 8:50 pm

How many times must a person be banned and unbanned before people realize their might be a reason for the constant punishment, seemingly deserved or not? Apparently if you make a big enough stink every time you're wrongfully punished it's automatically lifted. I'll have to remember that next time I feel like breaking all the rules....
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  C 2011-01-09, 9:54 pm

A reason for undeserved punishments may not be with the person getting punished, but maybe but the punisher... Exclamation Also, you don't think wrongful punishments should be lifted?
C

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-09, 10:00 pm

You'd think after so many "wrongful" punishments that one of them would have stuck. And don't you think that with so many "lies" leveled against you, some of them may have had some glimmer of truth to them? The best lie tries to be as close to the truth as possible. I believe that with how many times you've been accused of wrongdoing people would start to take notice and think "Maybe there's a reason this guy keeps getting into trouble...."
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-10, 6:32 pm

First off his first ban seems to be null. I'm not sure why he was banned, but he's clear.
Right now he is on probation for attempted murder by abusing game mechanics.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down