The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Societies Update

+20
Boshiwukins
Toren
MaxxOverdrive
Soulcom
Diabloz
HoboJoeTLM
Cypranex
draco222
Littlemoomoo
ivanelk
Blind_Merc
Transfatninja
ryuukazu
AdrianRedd
skeletonboy
Sevyn
Raijouta
Dementor
thewarthog
HunterE30633
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Societies Update - Page 3 Empty Re: Societies Update

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-04, 1:40 pm

Raijouta wrote:If this is going to be the 'report bugs in Societies' thread, I have a few:

- First, it's really difficult to know what you can do without a list of available commands.
- Typing /destroytown doesn't destroy the town, it merely kicks the mayor and leaves the town intact. Since protection is on by default, this is very frustrating.
- As mentioned above, chat bugs...
- There seems to be no perceivable way to invite someone to a town.
- Typing /whisper or /tell do not seem to let you see what you are saying to other people. You only get their side of the story, which might be problematic for future threads in the 'Bans and Appeals' forum.
- Destroying blocks within a town if you aren't a part of it has a significant lag for their restoration
- Monsters don't despawn within towns (I like this, but perhaps you could make it capable of toggling)

I'm working on documentation now so you can have a list of all available commands

I fixed destroying towns so they actually disappear from the game.

I fixed whispering so now you can see what your saying too.

You can invite someone with /invite [player-name]

I'll work on toggling monsters spawning in towns. I know this can become useful when kingdoms come to be 300x300 in size

Again, sorry about the documentation, I'm working on that now
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-03-05, 2:40 am

Can you have it so that when i type /help, i dont get thousands of admin commands, just the ones I can use?
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-05, 12:48 pm

the /help command is not going to work because there are a lot of mods other than Societies running on the server. Theres a lot of conflict. I actually dont have a /help command in Societies so thats why you get all the commands you don't use. I did send chivers a commands.txt this morning so whenever he is not busy he will be able to format it and post it so that you guys can refer to that. Then from there I will create an in-game help system
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-05, 2:55 pm

I have a Problem with societies:

1) there isnt a way to tell or prove how many people are in your town
2) the town has to be "updated" every 4-5 hours
3) when the town goes back to 1x1, after the owner logs off ,and log back in the town cant be updated because it says "you do not belong to this town"

Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-05, 7:05 pm

Diabloz wrote:I have a Problem with societies:

1) there isnt a way to tell or prove how many people are in your town
2) the town has to be "updated" every 4-5 hours
3) when the town goes back to 1x1, after the owner logs off ,and log back in the town cant be updated because it says "you do not belong to this town"

Hmm.

I will make a command so that you can list all the people part of your kingdom. I completely overlooked that, so thank you for pointing me to that.

I will look into updating the town

I don't know why #3 is happening. I will sift through the logic and figure out whats wrong.

Thank you
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-03-05, 9:01 pm

I don't have any idea what the lag is about, but halfway through the game (playing for around 1hr. 1/2) I can't break any blocks, it is very strange. It started 30 mins before where it just lagged, but then it became absolutely no block breaking... Is this because of societies?
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-07, 11:38 am

draco222 wrote:I don't have any idea what the lag is about, but halfway through the game (playing for around 1hr. 1/2) I can't break any blocks, it is very strange. It started 30 mins before where it just lagged, but then it became absolutely no block breaking... Is this because of societies?

It looks like there was some massive memory leak in mcmmo (or one of the other mods). As far as I know, currently we are running off of my mods, Societies and 2 admin mods, and everything looks like it's working just fine. If you notice any other problems, please post them.

On another note, there are still a few systems that need to be tested. Those systems can only be tested by kingdoms. Other than that I think everything up to now is running pretty good. I know I need to add a few things for polish, such as setting preferences and such. Chivers is posting something soon about all the available commands, I added two more so I need to update him with that. I will be working on any problems or tweaks as they come up.

I am going to meet with the team today and discuss the M mod. I will most likely post about it tomorrow.
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-03-07, 11:46 am

Hey Hunter, any chance you can check why the server went down? I'm not sure if you can VNC into Soto's computer or not...
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-08, 1:00 pm

KhaosLeper wrote:Hey Hunter, any chance you can check why the server went down? I'm not sure if you can VNC into Soto's computer or not...

Sorry for the late reply. Is the server up and running?
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-03-08, 1:17 pm

HunterE30633 wrote:
KhaosLeper wrote:Hey Hunter, any chance you can check why the server went down? I'm not sure if you can VNC into Soto's computer or not...

Sorry for the late reply. Is the server up and running?

As of now it is not. It was yesterday though, for a small amount of time.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  HoboJoeTLM 2011-03-08, 1:55 pm

a

Last edited by HoboJoeTLM on 2011-09-16, 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
HoboJoeTLM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-03-08, 2:00 pm

*gasp* I see a pattern!
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  HoboJoeTLM 2011-03-08, 2:13 pm

a

Last edited by HoboJoeTLM on 2011-09-16, 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
HoboJoeTLM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Falzz 2011-03-10, 3:38 pm

So is there anyway to earn spades to create a town or must we wait till the spawn is ported over for the gold shop...?
Falzz
Falzz

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-15, 12:52 am

Falzz wrote:So is there anyway to earn spades to create a town or must we wait till the spawn is ported over for the gold shop...?

I made it so that you can trade gold with the system with a few simple commands. You can trade ingots for 10 spades and 10 spades for an ingot. So that way if your good enough at the game, you can have your golden hallway without ever digging for it

I don't get why it cost gold to start a town, or you paid taxes to some unknown entity with your town. Societies doesn't force you to have spades to start a town and it doesn't cost spades every few minecraft days either. There are other means of gold drains. But the sad thing is you guys aren't playing with Societies right now. Your playing with towny and other mods. It was great seeing everyone test Societies at the time.

I'm hoping for another testing session sometime soon. I'm fixing markets, I began testing on my own as much as I could but the next time it should be bigger. We are getting a few more people and that means we should get a few kingdoms on this time. I'm still running into a few design issues, especially with the possibility of dwarf kingdoms. But I'll get to it in time
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-15, 10:22 am

HunterE30633 wrote:
Falzz wrote:So is there anyway to earn spades to create a town or must we wait till the spawn is ported over for the gold shop...?

I made it so that you can trade gold with the system with a few simple commands. You can trade ingots for 10 spades and 10 spades for an ingot. So that way if your good enough at the game, you can have your golden hallway without ever digging for it

I don't get why it cost gold to start a town, or you paid taxes to some unknown entity with your town. Societies doesn't force you to have spades to start a town and it doesn't cost spades every few minecraft days either. There are other means of gold drains. But the sad thing is you guys aren't playing with Societies right now. Your playing with towny and other mods. It was great seeing everyone test Societies at the time.

I'm hoping for another testing session sometime soon. I'm fixing markets, I began testing on my own as much as I could but the next time it should be bigger. We are getting a few more people and that means we should get a few kingdoms on this time. I'm still running into a few design issues, especially with the possibility of dwarf kingdoms. But I'll get to it in time

I honestly need societies, because our first plans where based on societies, and although towny has confortable and flashy commands, it cant replace the block orientation that societies provides. i am also looking forward to the next societies testing, as long as its more user friendly, with more friendly features such as showing who/how many ppl are in your town. keep it coming Very Happy
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-03-15, 1:13 pm

Diabloz wrote:
HunterE30633 wrote:

I honestly need societies, because our first plans where based on societies, and although towny has confortable and flashy commands, it cant replace the block orientation that societies provides. i am also looking forward to the next societies testing, as long as its more user friendly, with more friendly features such as showing who/how many ppl are in your town. keep it coming Very Happy

Yes, I programmed in a few commands so that you could see stats or info about the kingdom your in. If you are physically standing in a town or kingdom, it will display info for that kingdom. That includes level and the people that belong to the kingdom. If you are not standing in a kingdom, then it displays info for your own kingdom. I think I might pull these two apart and make two commands so that there isn't any ambiguity.

I will talk to Soto and chivers sometime soon about a new testing session. I'm not sure how much work I can get in between now and Friday. I have an incredible amount of school work to take care of but all is well. I'm doing things here and there. I've built some sort of "influence" system. I'll talk about it later
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3