The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Societies Update

+20
Boshiwukins
Toren
MaxxOverdrive
Soulcom
Diabloz
HoboJoeTLM
Cypranex
draco222
Littlemoomoo
ivanelk
Blind_Merc
Transfatninja
ryuukazu
AdrianRedd
skeletonboy
Sevyn
Raijouta
Dementor
thewarthog
HunterE30633
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Societies Update Empty Societies Update

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-08, 8:34 pm

I don't want to get anyone excited prematurely. This is simply an update.

I think I have the Kingdoms aspect of Societies done. Its taken a while, I know. There have been unforeseen problems with the mod. Some of the problems were incredibly simple but on such a scale that nothing would work without them being fixed.

Right now I'm integrating the economy with kingdoms. There are going to be a lot of things with the economy I think you all will like.

I want a moon. Very possible to have one. It's going to happen

This server is your playground as it is mine as well. What the playground consists of is whatever you all want. I want to give you a tease to the mods coming out. Keep in mind, the mods that I create are huge, and the last one is nothing less than spectacular and something that hasn't been done before.

===Societies===

===?M=== (hint: It starts with an M)

===?=== <---- SUSPENSE

Thank you for being patient.

Let the speculation begin!
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Societies Update Empty Re: Societies Update

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-08, 8:41 pm

Shoulda put the don't get excited prematurely thing in the title.
I got excited prematurely when I saw you make the most recent post.

on topic: I think ?M means Mystery. So inventive amirite Very Happy
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-08, 8:46 pm

Lol M could mean mystery. But I don't know..... No it doesn't stand for Mystery but you can take another shot at it haha

Also one last thing for Societies, would everyone be alright with the idea of not being able to create towns or Kingdoms within 200-300 (or so) blocks of another? I want to make sure that there is plenty of room for kingdoms to expand without the possibility of another not being able to expand because there is another kingdom too close
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-02-08, 10:23 pm

i think kingdoms should be far from each other, but small cities and villages are between

btw TY FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-09, 12:04 am

I'm not sure you should restrict kingdom expansion. Perhaps you could implement an aspect where Kingdoms could compete for territory and take over each other's territory through wars? I think that would be a good idea.

Besides, currently there are some issues with that, as it seems one faction is liable to build over the Brotherhood of Magma shortly...
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-09, 8:34 am

Raijouta wrote:
Besides, currently there are some issues with that, as it seems one faction is liable to build over the Brotherhood of Magma shortly...

I think you should own them. Dig up from the depths of the ground and
"Climb through them floors
Snatching them diamonds up"

Ooooh. A mod that starts with M.
Look here a list. How convenient.

--Marble requires Mod Loader & Tool Utils
--McRegion (Save Optimization)
--Meat Tools requirs Mod Loader & Tool Utils
--Mine Colony (NPC's with jobs) requires Mod Loader
--Minecraft Advanced requires Audio Mod, Mod Loader, & Spawn List
--Mine Gunner requires Mod Loader
--Mip-Mapping requires Mod Loader
--Mob Wands requires Mod Loader
--More Action Bars
--More Cobblestone
--More Creeps & Weirdos requires Audio Mod, Mod Loader, & Spawn List
--More Foods requires Mod Loader
--More Health + Heart Containers require Mod Loader
--More Mobs requires Audio Mod, Mod Loader, & Spawn List
--More Paintings
--More Valuables

You know, I think we might need Mod Loader.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-02-09, 12:24 pm

Im thinking Mo' Creatures...
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-02-09, 12:27 pm

Actually it's "Money". He's going to add some sort of economy system that works well with what we wanted in this server....
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-02-09, 5:26 pm

Btw the kingdom and others mods will be fked up by the update?
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuukazu 2011-02-09, 6:06 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:Actually it's "Money". He's going to add some sort of economy system that works well with what we wanted in this server....
ryuukazu
ryuukazu

Back to top Go down

Post  Transfatninja 2011-02-10, 1:16 am

Sorry HunterE, I'm leaking the contents of the secret "m" pack; as the lead designer, I believe the players must know what's being made:

===="M"arshmallows(!!!!)====
  • Cook and eat marshmallows (No s'mores, keeps it balanced)
  • Construct massive marshmallow cannons (Shoots massive marshmallow cannonballs)
  • Marshmallow jetpacks (Good for rapid travel and getting over walls)
  • Laser-guided marshmallows (Could be overpowered, but whatever)
  • Marshmallow Golems (Will be invincible, delicious, and able to break blocks)

Not really, that'd be awful. Razz

It's actually a custom mod that we'll be creating after Societies, so it isn't a mod that's already out there that starts with an "M".

We're planning on releasing a monetary system within the Societies pack, hopefully we're able to do so... economic systems are hard to balance well and the exact details (taxes, trading, etc.) are still being worked out.

The "m" project will add more functionality to kingdoms, primarily. I will say that much, I don't want to reveal quite everything yet; not only because we haven't finalized what will go in the mod, I also don't want to hype this up too much. We're a small team after all and building these systems takes a fair amount of time. Thanks for your patience by the way.
Transfatninja

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-10, 8:36 am

Transfatninja wrote:Sorry HunterE, I'm leaking the contents of the secret "m" pack; as the lead designer, I believe the players must know what's being made:

===="M"arshmallows(!!!!)====
  • Cook and eat marshmallows (No s'mores, keeps it balanced)
  • Construct massive marshmallow cannons (Shoots massive marshmallow cannonballs)
  • Marshmallow jetpacks (Good for rapid travel and getting over walls)
  • Laser-guided marshmallows (Could be overpowered, but whatever)
  • Marshmallow Golems (Will be invincible, delicious, and able to break blocks)

Not really, that'd be win. Razz

It's actually a custom mod that we'll be creating after Societies, so it isn't a mod that's already out there that starts with an "M".

We're planning on releasing a monetary system within the Societies pack, hopefully we're able to do so... economic systems are hard to balance well and the exact details (taxes, trading, etc.) are still being worked out.

The "m" project will add more functionality to kingdoms, primarily. I will say that much, I don't want to reveal quite everything yet; not only because we haven't finalized what will go in the mod, I also don't want to hype this up too much. We're a small team after all and building these systems takes a fair amount of time. Thanks for your patience by the way.

Fix'd.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-12, 12:55 am

Sorry for the delay

I've been sick at school all this week. I had to take yesterday off to go home and wander in a less than concious state. Today was bad too. I started feeling much better just a few hours ago. I have tons of schoolwork to get through. Tomorrow I will be driving back to my school to get some work done with my team. Once I'm done with that, I will get to work on Societies.

Everything is coming along well though. I have the core of Kingdoms and Economy completed. Now I need to add all the commands for it. There are a few things that I need to talk with Soto about. I think what will happen is we will release the base of the mod, then updates as I add more to it. The initialization phase of developing the mod is by far the longest with almost nothing to show for it. The foundation of Societies is complete, now its just added systems. Kingdoms has an environment to work in, Economy is finding its niche and then everything will be just about done.

The only problem that I am having now is making sure that they work. That means a lot of playtesting between me and Soto. I don't want to release a buggy mod to you guys.

I really want to get Societies done this weekend. So what you can expect when it's finally released:
-> Create your own town wherever and whenever you want
==> Add or kick members. Kingdoms are automatically formed so when you have enough people, *poof* you are automatically a kingdom
==> Automatic land expansion. To simulate the needs of a town, towns automatically resize to accomodate space used by a population
==> Other kingly things

->Economy
==> Create shops anywhere, inside our outside of kingdoms (with a TWIST! [wait until the release to findout])
==> A currency. Don't worry, I'll find a way to get the currency you already have into this economy so you won't lose anything.
==> Other economically awesome kingly things

-> Chat
==> Yes!
==> I made this easier for you!
==> Other chatly kingly things

Aside from that, I do like the speculation. I can tell you that it isn't money, and it isn't marshmallows.

If you can have towns and kingdoms fighting with each other for territory, what would you do with the kingdoms that had no one logged on at the time? I'm having trouble trying to figure out exactly how to allow other kingdoms to "take over" others in a clean manner. I am eventually going to integrate some sort of diplomacy system. I'm going to have to talk with Transfatninja about it and then run it by Soto.

Diplomacy won't be integrated in the first build of Societies though unfortunately, which is why I'm trying to find a way to keep kingdoms apart. I know there are people that are furious about people placing their towns too close. So I'm sure in the long run everyone would love it, you can place your town and not worry about the bad neighbor everytime you come out to clean the creepers out of your front lawn in the morning.

Regardless, when the first build of Societies is released, there will be a ceremony. I've talked about it with some of you already. It will be a wonderful event and I really want everyone to come to it. I will let you all know well ahead of time (by at least 3 days, I hope that's enough haha) when the event is so we can all plan for it.

Thank you all again, it's been a long process and your patience means a lot
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-12, 1:08 am

I, for one, think the M is Magic. farao
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-12, 1:20 am

I like how you used kingly every other update Very Happy
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-12, 2:16 am

HunterE30633 wrote:it isn't marshmallows.

Aaaaaaawwwww Crying or Very sad

xD

I agree, it probably is Magic, but if it isn't, it could be Mustaches? Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-02-12, 2:33 am

I could do that already, unless they are creeper mustaches?
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-12, 5:20 am

skeletonboy wrote:I could do that already, unless they are creeper mustaches?

Or curly mustaches. or Magical Mustaches!? Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-12, 9:43 am

Wait are you a baller? (your avatar)
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-12, 10:53 am

@warthog
The kingly description was just me having too much fun haha

@ivan
Yes, I was at one point team captain of a tournament paintball team. I have a PM7 with a UL45 frame. A stiffi barrel and a peanut tank with a crown royal bag cover. The hopper in the picture is an Empire B-Loader, since then through rough play, it broke. I was playing with a hopper that was more duct tape than plastic. I eventually moved on to a magna hopper which is by far the worst decision I made. I eventually brought my B-Loader back from the grave and played with that, and from that point on I was a happy person.

Magic.... hmmmm......
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-17, 1:10 am

So just another update. I'm usually at school from 9 am to midnight every day. I've finished all my homework and my calculus test is tomorrow thus marking the end of hard work for me.... for the week haha.

Tomorrow I plan on working on the mod after school. Integrating the economy has been a lot more than I thought because I keep finding better ways to do old things and I keep finding cool things to add. Right now I'm building the economy to just kind of be there, but once I fully flesh it out I will be able to fully integrate it with Kingdoms so that there are special commands that you can perform.

With this first release of Societies, you will have Kingdoms, Economy, and special chat. I'm talking about chat with Soto to figure out what commands to give you guys because everything is going to be a little more specific now. But the janitors are kicking me out now. I'll give a better update later. Have fun, and thank all of you!
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-02-17, 1:48 am

YAY ADRIAN Very Happy
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-17, 4:20 pm

What? Yay Adrian?