The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a strange problem

+2
Cypranex
draco222
6 posters

Go down

I have a strange problem Empty I have a strange problem

Post  draco222 2011-02-04, 8:58 pm

I don't quite understand how this happened other than a mistake by someone of my faction leaving and still being on the towny list, but my house was looted somehow. I block every way in including my chest. Strangely, my chest was empty (it was not last time I checked) when I logged in just now. I don't want to blame anyone, but I just want some opinions. Was there a mistake, that was unfair to me because the person was still in our (The Redds') towny list? Or is it a glitch? I just don't know. I put it in the Disputes because I'm not sure if it will become an argument or not...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

I have a strange problem Empty Re: I have a strange problem

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-04, 9:03 pm

Yeah I have to say I had this problem too. I got on today and the whole underside of my stair had been dug out, and there was a huge hole in my floor. I suppose someone was looking for some nonexistent chests. We think we know who it was, but the fact that someone can break towny is pretty scary.
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-04, 9:08 pm

Are you saying we have a type of hacker???? That IS scary...

EDIT: This is outrageous

There is no reason to destroy a whole farm. I don't know who did it, but I checked on the Redds' farm, and the whole crop field was mauled. What gives???
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-04, 10:42 pm

So theres someone going around the whole server during last night and today griefing/robbing everyone.

Thats odd? To bad we don't have a program to see who removes which blocks...
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-02-05, 2:45 am

draco222 wrote:Are you saying we have a type of hacker???? That IS scary...

EDIT: This is outrageous

There is no reason to destroy a whole farm. I don't know who did it, but I checked on the Redds' farm, and the whole crop field was mauled. What gives???

Nothing new there. I have a wheat farm not protected by townie and it's constantly mauled. Worse yet some idiot decided they didn't like my glass walls and broke approx 50-60 glass blocks for no reason. I've given up on it. The griefers can come over and finish the destruction for all I care.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-05, 2:51 am

People raiding see a farm of wheat not as production but as free wheat and seeds. Animals then spawn and trample it. Sad
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-02-05, 11:41 am

Hazzy wrote:People raiding see a farm of wheat not as production but as free wheat and seeds. Animals then spawn and trample it. Sad

Possibly true in some cases but not always. Obviously if you don't have protection for your farm people will help themselves. That's not an issue. What IS an issue, and the point you're missing, is that some folks needlessly grief the structure. To be clear, a structure is built to keep mobs out. If someone destroys the walls it negates the whole point of building it in the first place. As well, griefing has no place on this server. It serves no useful purpose and just irritates people to the point where they leave.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-05, 11:44 am

Well, I do have a (hint:) THEORY about which person did this, because hankypanky7 saw him/her leaving the vicinity when I came into my base. It was most likely him, but I can't blame him because I didn't see him there...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-05, 11:47 am

Wait are you implying your farm was untownied and your complaining that someone harvested it?
I don't see the problem there.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-05, 11:51 am

The whole thing was wiped out; Theres not much reason complaining about it, because my farm is now replanted, but if it happens again, I'm going to be annoyed. You can't abuse having the power to destroy everything that isn't in a towny area. Its not part of the game, everything applies to the rule of "excessive griefing" even blocks outside of a towny area...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down