The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mods for the server

+7
Raijouta
Amagous
draco222
Applebeard
Blind_Merc
Hazzy
T3hHippie
11 posters

Go down

Mods for the server Empty Mods for the server

Post  T3hHippie 2011-02-01, 1:59 pm

Hey, I found these two mods pretty cool, and I think they will benefit the server a whole lot. The mods are a Character leveling system and a hunger mod.

Character leveling system: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=155739
This mod will be so cool, so people can actually join organizations like Knight: High damage level or a digging organizaions: High dig level. If someone wants to become a guard they have to be a certain level, or king, etc. Vagabonds don't want to be a certain level to do certain things so thats why they are vagabonds. This will make role playing so much greater.

Hunger mod: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=157009
This is a great mod and I know other people really want this. It basically gives meaning to open up a bar or restaurant and sell food because you if you don't eat, you die. Food won't only be for healing heart but also nourishment. Also will make role playing so much greater.
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Mods for the server Empty Re: Mods for the server

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 3:10 pm

"It doesn't seem to work so well on multiplayer."

I'd love to see Hunger, but not so sure on leveling because it seems to be in early stages of development.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-01, 4:01 pm

As I've once said, Hunger would be great if theres was a small gui for it above the screen. Very Happy

Leveling would be awesome, but as said above may not work the best for SMP.

Tho by now I'd be a high level in mining. xD
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-02-01, 4:23 pm

one thing i saw somewhere (sadly cannot remember where) was a townylike system where instead of claiming chunk, you claimed from one corner to another. This would be useful as it would eliminate the wasting of uneccessary chunks. I'll try and find the link, but i really think that this should be looked into as it would make the whole claiming process a lot easier.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-01, 4:30 pm

Applebeard wrote:one thing i saw somewhere (sadly cannot remember where) was a townylike system where instead of claiming chunk, you claimed from one corner to another. This would be useful as it would eliminate the wasting of uneccessary chunks. I'll try and find the link, but i really think that this should be looked into as it would make the whole claiming process a lot easier.

Cuboid...?
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-01, 4:33 pm

Maybe the mod where horses exist? It's frustrating to walk everywhere, as I'm sure everyone can understand. Besides, merchants don't use their feet to move around.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Amagous 2011-02-01, 8:52 pm

@ Draco, thats the mo creatures mod. Its single player only.
As for the hunger mod, I've played with it before. It adds alot to the roleplay aspect of games so that underground civilizations actually need to have the farms or forces trade with other groups and what not.

Last edited by Amagous on 2011-02-02, 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Amagous

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-01, 11:23 pm

The Humans+ mod is working in SMP, so who knows? Maybe the code will go to Mo' Creatures as well. I do know the two modders have had correspondence before and that Humans+ uses the code from horses in its mod.

At any rate I'd love to see Mo' Creatures in SMP. There is nothing more terrifying than hearing an ogre's hiss deep down in a cave.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  hankypanky7 2011-02-02, 4:36 am

Honestly, I've played on a lot of servers with the hunger mod and they generally get rid of it after a few days. Players just eat raw pork once a day and move on, it really doesn't do much in the roleplaying sense. It just creates a minor annoyance when you forget to kill a pig each day.
hankypanky7

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-02-02, 7:41 am

The problem with the mo'creathres mod is that it is really laggy, and the current lag of the server for some people (like me) is unberable. It takes me a couple of minutes to move out of spawn and then when im out i get lag spikes.
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-02, 8:11 am

T3hHippie wrote:The problem with the mo'creathres mod is that it is really laggy, and the current lag of the server for some people (like me) is unberable. It takes me a couple of minutes to move out of spawn and then when im out i get lag spikes.
If you hit f3 an see very large white lines that is clientsided, re log, also dips in fps are also client sided. Server lag has generally been fixed.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-02-02, 8:25 am

Applebeard wrote:one thing i saw somewhere (sadly cannot remember where) was a townylike system where instead of claiming chunk, you claimed from one corner to another. This would be useful as it would eliminate the wasting of uneccessary chunks. I'll try and find the link, but i really think that this should be looked into as it would make the whole claiming process a lot easier.
i'm not sure, does cuboid allow protection? this one when it did it put down a piece of obsidian that only the player making it could see, he then walked to another corner and that created a square of protected land and the obsidian markers dissapeared.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-02, 2:39 pm

I see. A shame, those monsters look really cool. The only thing that seemed over the top was the ogre. That can wait until bugs and lag issues are totally fixed.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-02, 4:22 pm

draco222 wrote:I see. A shame, those monsters look really cool. The only thing that seemed over the top was the ogre. That can wait until bugs and lag issues are totally fixed.

Unfortunately, ogres seem to have somewhat derpy path-finding and block destruction, so they often don't break blocks right in front of them.

I can imagine they'd be useful for making long tunnels though, like a portable, unlimited TNT cannon. Very Happy
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-07, 6:23 pm

Very Happy So true. I was actually looking forward to the packhorse and pegasi. I just really want some type of flying mount and of course more ocean life...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-07, 6:54 pm

draco222 wrote:Very Happy So true. I was actually looking forward to the packhorse and pegasi. I just really want some type of flying mount and of course more ocean life...

In multiplayer, this will not work well. The only anti-air weaponry is a laggy bow which takes a lot of skill / luck to hit a fast moving, flying target.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-07, 6:59 pm

Moved.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-02-07, 8:17 pm

draco222 wrote:Very Happy So true. I was actually looking forward to the packhorse and pegasi. I just really want some type of flying mount and of course more ocean life...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=166432
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-02-08, 2:55 pm

Then Ocean life. Horses and other normal mounts work too...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down