The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one

+26
Cypranex
h0witzer
T3hHippie
­
Roflbeeb
AdrianRedd
MaxxOverdrive
Blind_Merc
derekiv
jcdomini
Chuint
Alaskanbisk
Raijouta
Sevyn
BrynHavoc
Littlemoomoo
Hazzy
Toren
coqri
Rorandes
Soulcom
draco222
skeletonboy
Habit
incredibleant
Soto_Black
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 Empty Re: [Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one

Post  ­ 2011-01-25, 8:19 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 293im40

Oh dear.... I need to go remove all of these bricks from my pants.

/shitbricks
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 Empty Re: [Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one

Post  Clinthor 2011-01-25, 8:50 pm

the spawn city in the greatness that is candycraft!

[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 2011-01-25_224131
[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 2011-01-25_224112
[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 2011-01-25_224553
[Screen Shot] The spawn zone day one - Page 3 2011-01-25_215009
Clinthor
Clinthor

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorandes 2011-01-25, 9:00 pm

Clinthor I want your texture pack. I'm so using it for Easter!
Rorandes

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-25, 10:22 pm

Ginger bread Spider. Razz
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuint 2011-01-25, 11:18 pm

Im going to get that pack and I shant ever be terrified of the night again Very Happy
Chuint
Chuint

Back to top Go down

Post  notscruffythebum 2011-01-26, 1:38 am

Please tell me there is a public park somewhere in the city.
notscruffythebum
notscruffythebum

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorandes 2011-01-26, 10:40 am

notscruffythebum wrote:Please tell me there is a public park somewhere in the city.

That is a very good idea... >.>
Rorandes

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-26, 1:12 pm

If you want trees, go outside the city. Lots of trees and grass out there. Inside it's urban.

A public park would be nice, however, we want to encourage PvP. I thought about including a park in my designs, but I realized this would further contribute to people just sitting around in the spawn area avoiding all conflicts or risks of any kind. That's already a big enough risk as it is. While it's super sweet to have a big bustling city full of people trading, contributing, and building, some people won't do these things. They'll just sit around and try to avoid a fight. Since this gets boring fast, I wanted to basically encourage people to "get out" so to speak.

That was another reason why I wanted people to pay rent to live in the houses at spawn. They would also be unable to renovate their houses without purchasing a build permit or hiring a contractor, sort of like how it is in the real world. Also, they would be unable to protect their chests, forcing them to buy a box in the bank. This would make living in the Spawn Town expensive, and would cause people that want to live there to contribute so they can earn money to maintain a PvP free lifestyle. To live in spawn town, you could fish at the docks, be a paid guard, trade goods with travelers, farm wheat just outside the walls, all sorts of things. Just so long as you contribute.

Of course, if Spawn Town had a public park, living there was free, people could build and break at will, and could protect their chests, then no one would try to contribute and everyone would simply sit around, avoid PvP and just make progressively larger houses. This is not what the server is about. This is not what the game is about. This is a Role Playing server, meaning you should pretend to be an active member of a midevial community. It is also a PvP server, meaning that competing and fighting against fellow players is to be encouraged.

I designed Spawn Town entirely for these two aspects. If people don't use Spawn Town as it was meant to be used, then my mission has failed, our work has gone to waste, and I don't see why I need to put any more effort into this server if all of our hard work is for naught.

AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-01-26, 2:13 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:If you want trees, go outside the city. Lots of trees and grass out there. Inside it's urban.

A public park would be nice, however, we want to encourage PvP. I thought about including a park in my designs, but I realized this would further contribute to people just sitting around in the spawn area avoiding all conflicts or risks of any kind. That's already a big enough risk as it is. While it's super sweet to have a big bustling city full of people trading, contributing, and building, some people won't do these things. They'll just sit around and try to avoid a fight. Since this gets boring fast, I wanted to basically encourage people to "get out" so to speak.

That was another reason why I wanted people to pay rent to live in the houses at spawn. They would also be unable to renovate their houses without purchasing a build permit or hiring a contractor, sort of like how it is in the real world. Also, they would be unable to protect their chests, forcing them to buy a box in the bank. This would make living in the Spawn Town expensive, and would cause people that want to live there to contribute so they can earn money to maintain a PvP free lifestyle. To live in spawn town, you could fish at the docks, be a paid guard, trade goods with travelers, farm wheat just outside the walls, all sorts of things. Just so long as you contribute.

Of course, if Spawn Town had a public park, living there was free, people could build and break at will, and could protect their chests, then no one would try to contribute and everyone would simply sit around, avoid PvP and just make progressively larger houses. This is not what the server is about. This is not what the game is about. This is a Role Playing server, meaning you should pretend to be an active member of a midevial community. It is also a PvP server, meaning that competing and fighting against fellow players is to be encouraged.

I designed Spawn Town entirely for these two aspects. If people don't use Spawn Town as it was meant to be used, then my mission has failed, our work has gone to waste, and I don't see why I need to put any more effort into this server if all of our hard work is for naught.

[Diamond]
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuint 2011-01-26, 4:53 pm

I was thinking a public park for purely beauty reasons, you wouldnt have the ability to break any of the trees. Like, a pretty place to afk or just fish (little pond? I know there's an ocean but Razz) .
Chuint
Chuint

Back to top Go down

Post  notscruffythebum 2011-01-27, 3:59 am

Chuint wrote:I was thinking a public park for purely beauty reasons, you wouldnt have the ability to break any of the trees. Like, a pretty place to afk or just fish (little pond? I know there's an ocean but Razz) .

Yea, thats more akin to what i was thinking when i said public park. somewhere you can hide under the tree canopies and admire two colors of flowers, or hug cacti. Perhaps even roll around in the dirt. not a "PUBLIC" PARKway of mayhem and macabre.
notscruffythebum
notscruffythebum

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-27, 5:48 am

notscruffythebum wrote:
Chuint wrote:I was thinking a public park for purely beauty reasons, you wouldnt have the ability to break any of the trees. Like, a pretty place to afk or just fish (little pond? I know there's an ocean but Razz) .

Yea, thats more akin to what i was thinking when i said public park. somewhere you can hide under the tree canopies and admire two colors of flowers, or hug cacti. Perhaps even roll around in the dirt. not a "PUBLIC" PARKway of mayhem and macabre.

Yeah, Scruffy needs a house to! Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 10:38 am

I totally understood what he meant. I wanted a beautiful park too, but I decided against it for the reasons above. I'm hoping that people will take the time to decorate the city with flowers and trees. That will at least give the city a nice natural feel.

And if Scruffy wants a house in town he'll have to rent one Razz
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jcdomini 2011-01-27, 11:37 am

AdrianRedd wrote:I totally understood what he meant. I wanted a beautiful park too, but I decided against it for the reasons above. I'm hoping that people will take the time to decorate the city with flowers and trees. That will at least give the city a nice natural feel.

And if Scruffy wants a house in town he'll have to rent one Razz

But.... Scruffy's a bum? How can you put a price on the tree limbs he sleeps in!?! Or the dirty puddle under the bridge!?! For shame... Razz
jcdomini

Back to top Go down

Post  Rorandes 2011-01-27, 2:06 pm

Maybe we should add a few benches around town for him. <3
Rorandes

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 2:09 pm

We DO have a sewer system.... and there is a bridge he can live under.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-01-27, 2:17 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:We DO have a sewer system.... and there is a bridge he can live under.

ARE you CRAZY theres monsters there that no place for a hobo
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-27, 2:23 pm

I'm pretty sure Scruffy is boss enough to take care of himself.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-27, 6:50 pm

AdrianRedd wrote:We DO have a sewer system.... and there is a bridge he can live under.

Haha wicked! Finally a town with a Sewer system.

Scruffy can always squat. xD
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  h0witzer 2011-01-27, 7:37 pm

Igor's had a sewer...
h0witzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-27, 7:40 pm

I got on today, and I have to say that I love it. It looks amazing and I cannot wait for the server to go live. There do appear to be a few bugs though: I heard mobs spawning in dark rooms.

I must have missed this. All I found was an asymmetric system of water canals under the city. No current makes it useless for moving anything and it's too narrow for boats. It's even lit up, so no spawning mobs.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-01-27, 9:41 pm

h0witzer wrote:Igor's had a sewer...

Not sure if I actually saw d'Igor in the last game
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-01-27, 10:00 pm

h0witzer wrote:Igor's had a sewer...

Never heard of it.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-27, 10:24 pm

Yesh we had a server, it carried items into a single collection pool with pressure plates, so when an item hit it, a light came on in the control building, telling everyone that something was down there. One man's trash is another man's treasure.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-28, 12:18 am

I could have sworn that I took more pictures of it than this.

It isn't the most elegant looking design ever, but it worked. :/

click
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next