The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minecraft and Ale

+4
draco222
Roflbeeb
Toren
Blind_Merc
8 posters

Go down

Do you think some form of Ale(s) should be added to Minecraft?

Minecraft and Ale Vote_lcap87%Minecraft and Ale Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 13 ]
Minecraft and Ale Vote_lcap7%Minecraft and Ale Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
Minecraft and Ale Vote_lcap0%Minecraft and Ale Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Minecraft and Ale Vote_lcap6%Minecraft and Ale Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 15

Minecraft and Ale Empty Minecraft and Ale

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-04, 5:21 pm

Common Argument:
This seems to be a very hot topic on Minecraft Forums at the moment (Managed to get going an argument). It's come up many times and each time there are those saying Yes, Hell yeah! and those saying No! Think of the Children!. Though what I've noticed is, in the negative everyone is only worried about the Visual side of things, claiming the positives are all 12 year old kids who've never had a drink. When in actual fact the majority are either at drinking age. On top of that the positives state that they just want a simple 'Ale' in the game, and it would be a nice addition if you could brew it along with different formulas tastes. (Cider, Wine etc.)

Anyway my point here:
What do you think about Ale being added to Minecraft?

Feel free to share arguments, ideas, opinions, positive notes, criticism etc.

2.) Instead of having various Ales, Wines and Ciders added - how about having different forms of Juices in-which you can gather the fruits and mix them together to create different drinks. E.g. Apple Juice, Grape Juice, etc...

This way it's kid friendly - alongside the names of the drinks can easily be changed to what their intentions really were.

This is all I have found so far, tho everyone seems to look past solution 2 which I think would be the most possible and smartest way to go around it.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Minecraft and Ale Empty Re: Minecraft and Ale

Post  Toren 2011-04-04, 6:02 pm

Lol I think if people are worried about it "being a bad influence" they should just stop playing Minecraft altogether because there is plenty of killing and slaughtering in Minecraft which is worse :O
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-04, 6:04 pm

Toren wrote:Lol I think if people are worried about it "being a bad influence" they should just stop playing Minecraft altogether because there is plenty of killing and slaughtering in Minecraft which is worse :O

Agreed!

That is one point that came across on the Minecraft forum.

Hammering kids with Drugs are bad, don't do Drugs, Drugs will kill you, will only make them want to do it more. It's like putting a kid in a room full of buttons and saying, Don't touch the buttons.

You know full damn well he's going to touch at least one button maybe many!.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-04-04, 6:32 pm

Yes, then pubs will have actual use!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-04-04, 6:58 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:
Toren wrote:Lol I think if people are worried about it "being a bad influence" they should just stop playing Minecraft altogether because there is plenty of killing and slaughtering in Minecraft which is worse :O

Agreed!

That is one point that came across on the Minecraft forum.

Hammering kids with Drugs are bad, don't do Drugs, Drugs will kill you, will only make them want to do it more. It's like putting a kid in a room full of buttons and saying, Don't touch the buttons.

You know full damn well he's going to touch at least one button maybe many!.

Lol!

A: "Dont look in my chest!"
B: *looks in chest*
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-04-04, 6:58 pm

I actually genuinely like this idea... Usually I dislike ideas that involve lots of food, but it makes sense. Attributes added to your character by drinking these juices aren't totally out of it as well !
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-04, 7:37 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:Yes, then pubs will have actual use!

Defiantly - I'd earn money through the economy and blow it all on buying drinks at the Tavern. Lol.

Don't get any ideas! lol

___
Another good aspect would be if we could name the start of these drinks uniquely, that way various kingdoms or areas could have unique drinks varying in prices. Very Happy

But that ones only an idea.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-04-04, 11:32 pm

or maybe carbonated beverages.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-04, 11:52 pm

Sevyn wrote:or maybe carbonated beverages.

Blind_Merc wrote:
My Solutions:
2.) Instead of having various Ales, Wines and Ciders added - how about having different forms of Juices in-which you can gather the fruits and mix them together to create different drinks. E.g. Apple Juice, Grape Juice, etc...

Tho not carbonated, something similar here. Wink

Thus the mature people who want Beer will simply be able to just adjust a .txt file to have it for it's original intention. Smile
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  ryuukazu 2011-04-05, 5:23 pm

I am 15 and I think adding ale or some form of alcohol will add another dimension to the gameplay. Honestly adding alcohol to a game will not make us want to drink it. With all the messages being sent out by the media now-a-days, adding ale into Minecraft will not increase the chances of a minor drinking alcohol. I think if these kinds of things will influence a person to drink than that person would be already drinking. Also most under aged people have drank some form alcohol but that's besides the point.
ryuukazu
ryuukazu

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-05, 6:21 pm

ryuukazu wrote:I am 15 and I think adding ale or some form of alcohol will add another dimension to the gameplay. Honestly adding alcohol to a game will not make us want to drink it. With all the messages being sent out by the media now-a-days, adding ale into Minecraft will not increase the chances of a minor drinking alcohol. I think if these kinds of things will influence a person to drink than that person would be already drinking. Also most under aged people have drank some form alcohol but that's besides the point.

Agreed. Very Happy

I know many under-aged drinkers - myself included (Tho I turn 18 in less than a week anyway)
But we have a law over here, you can be under-aged and drink - so long as you have parental guidance and your on a private property, eg. your house.

Good old Aussie laws. lol
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-06, 2:27 am

also i don't know about you lot but in the UK drinking is pretty common from about 12 upwards so i little fine ale in the form of computer graffics won't realy do much harm

I m all for it Very Happy
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  ­ 2011-04-06, 2:47 am

Here in the U.S. you can drink whenever the hell you want, so long as it's at home with no other people besides the family. No parties or nothing, but maybe a friend or two could drink with you. I have never drunk any alcoholic beverage, but I know I would, just for the experience. I did have some 'Southern Comfort' shit was so fucking bad my eyes bled (not really). It was my first drink and it was a hardcore liquor. Shows how much I know ehe?

If drinks were added to the game, then it wouldn't bring me ( 15 ) to drink, as I already will. And no, it's not because of all the anti-whatever messages. I want to drink to know what it's like, yknow, just curious.
­
­
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-06, 4:03 am

MrSpoon wrote:also i don't know about you lot but in the UK drinking is pretty common from about 12 upwards so i little fine ale in the form of computer graffics won't realy do much harm

I m all for it Very Happy

I am part English, and I believe most of Australia has some descendant from England, thus it's common for 12 upwards of here to. Lol

Shigan wrote:Here in the U.S. you can drink whenever the hell you want, so long as it's at home with no other people besides the family. No parties or nothing, but maybe a friend or two could drink with you. I have never drunk any alcoholic beverage, but I know I would, just for the experience. I did have some 'Southern Comfort' shit was so fucking bad my eyes bled (not really). It was my first drink and it was a hardcore liquor. Shows how much I know ehe?

If drinks were added to the game, then it wouldn't bring me ( 15 ) to drink, as I already will. And no, it's not because of all the anti-whatever messages. I want to drink to know what it's like, yknow, just curious.

Ah that sucks, you could always use the excuse your friends partying at your house are family - not blood family, lol.

I also know about the curiosity of drinking - been wanting to know since I was 12, didn't do anything till I was 16 and they were only light drinks. Only advice I can really give you if you start drinking, is don't over drink, you'll be sick for a while if your bodies not used to it. lol Smile
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-04-06, 4:16 am

probably....you do know if you aren't of Aboriginals (can't spell) decent then its probable your are infact the descendant of a British Criminal deported to Australia Razz

no offence mean't lol!
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-04-06, 4:21 am

MrSpoon wrote:probably....you do know if you aren't of Noongas (can't spell) decent then its probable your are infact the descendant of a British Criminal deported to Australia Razz

no offence mean't lol!

I'd rather be a criminal from Britain. xD, no offence....

Tho I believe the criminal side may have a lower chance, as the English in us was from my Dad's side - which they moved here when my Dad was still young.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down