The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should the gold base price be?

+9
Sevyn
skeletonboy
DarwinAssist
draco222
Minecrafter309
Blind_Merc
Transfatninja
­
igortv123
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What should the gold base price be? (Coins)

What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 4 ]
What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap3%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_lcap66%What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 66% 
[ 19 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should the gold base price be?

Post  Transfatninja 2011-03-27, 11:41 pm

Anyways, here's how I see it from a systematic standpoint:

----------------------------------
Benefits to a high exchange rate:
1. More price variation
2. Makes more common items viable to sell
-Specific to 100
1. Many real life currencies that make the system more familiar to new players
2. Divisible by a large amount of numbers (1,2,4,5,10,25,50)

Drawbacks to a high exchange rate:
1. Large numbers to handle, especially at a 100 coin to gold exchange rate

Possible means of mitigating drawbacks:
1. A dollar/cent system where each coin is essentially a cent, while a (insert name here) is essentially a dollar; making each ingot worth a "dollar" of currency, keeping numbers low while still allowing for price variation.

Benefits to a low exchange rate:
1. Less numbers to deal with

Drawbacks to a low exchange rate:
1. Less price variation, especially for individual items, only when the amount sold is large can more common items vary in price
2. Common items bottom out at 1/10 the value of gold when sold individually, which is far too high, thus they must be sold in stacks

Possible means of mitigating drawbacks:
1.Shops able to sell stacks of items
2.Always selling common items in bulk...

I'd say we go with a larger exchange rate, any issues with the larger exchange rate is far less of a hassle to fix than issues with the lower amount. A dollar/cent like system would reduce numbers to a bit more manageable amounts, would be accessible to new players, and wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Transfatninja

Back to top Go down

What should the gold base price be? - Page 2 Empty Re: What should the gold base price be?

Post  TheLolness 2011-03-28, 5:51 am

i understand what you guys are getting at but we dont need bigger numbers leaving the price at ten would be the less hassle because everything is already set up with ten, with ten you get more profit Ex: Iron is "76" coin if gold is 100 so if gold is 10 then iron is 8 so i dont see a problem with the current system we have set up now... the only reason money is not circulating is because the server isnt OPEN.. and i saw shigan and igor trading at gold being worth 10 coin and i saw no problems they didnt disagree so yea... * Flame shield on*

gold shud stay at ten but it doesnt really matter since everything is gonna be based on gold in the end
ima vote a random number now..
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-28, 7:38 am

poll is biased since you dont include the option "keep it at 10", also your choice in numbers are very unrealistic, i mean really who would choose 30, or 70 as a base refrence point? like how much effort did you put into thinking of a number to set the gold price at? if i were to start a thread id pick 1,10,100,1000 if your trying to support your idea about having diverse numbers where a decimal system comes into play, but just to be clear, it is not until shigan pointed out that you should have divisible value
"I actually agree with Transfatninja. He puts it very well, and it makes sense. I'll be changing my vote to 100, on the condition that all money be multiplied by 10 when the base is altered ( To set all right with the economy and not piss off rich people such as darwin )

Edit: >mfw you can't change your vote

Just take 1 vote off of the 80 and put it to 100 please."

was when the idea of a 100 number came in, now your just saying that this was your idea in the first place, and again if this was your idea in the first place you would have needed to have or options such as 1,10,50,100,500,1000,5000,10000 etc..

also as side note to this, if you somehow manage to alter the price of gold, which mod is willing to put the time and effort into changing every-single players money, there inst a command that says multiply everyones money by 10 (i have read the iconomy commands and there isnt a way to do this, you can give all players a same amount of money, but u cant multiply all players amount at the same time from the bukkit website:

iConomy.payment - Allows users to use /money pay
iConomy.access - Allows users to view other players accounts.
iConomy.rank - /money rank
iConomy.list - /money top
iConomy.admin.grant - /money grant [player] (-)(amount)
iConomy.admin.set - /money set [player] (balance)
iConomy.admin.stats - /money stats
iConomy.admin.reset - /money reset
iConomy.admin.account.create - /money create [account-name]
iConomy.admin.account.remove - /money remove [account-name]

, again igor should have researched this before making this post, and should of got an admin willing to do the work to accommodate this big change before taking in votes.)

Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-28, 11:55 am

Diabloz wrote:poll is biased since you dont include the option "keep it at 10", also your choice in numbers are very unrealistic, i mean really who would choose 30, or 70 as a base refrence point? like how much effort did you put into thinking of a number to set the gold price at? if i were to start a thread id pick 1,10,100,1000 if your trying to support your idea about having diverse numbers where a decimal system comes into play, but just to be clear, it is not until shigan pointed out that you should have divisible value
"I actually agree with Transfatninja. He puts it very well, and it makes sense. I'll be changing my vote to 100, on the condition that all money be multiplied by 10 when the base is altered ( To set all right with the economy and not piss off rich people such as darwin )

Edit: >mfw you can't change your vote

Just take 1 vote off of the 80 and put it to 100 please."

was when the idea of a 100 number came in, now your just saying that this was your idea in the first place, and again if this was your idea in the first place you would have needed to have or options such as 1,10,50,100,500,1000,5000,10000 etc..

also as side note to this, if you somehow manage to alter the price of gold, which mod is willing to put the time and effort into changing every-single players money, there inst a command that says multiply everyones money by 10 (i have read the iconomy commands and there isnt a way to do this, you can give all players a same amount of money, but u cant multiply all players amount at the same time from the bukkit website:

iConomy.payment - Allows users to use /money pay
iConomy.access - Allows users to view other players accounts.
iConomy.rank - /money rank
iConomy.list - /money top
iConomy.admin.grant - /money grant [player] (-)(amount)
iConomy.admin.set - /money set [player] (balance)
iConomy.admin.stats - /money stats
iConomy.admin.reset - /money reset
iConomy.admin.account.create - /money create [account-name]
iConomy.admin.account.remove - /money remove [account-name]

, again igor should have researched this before making this post, and should of got an admin willing to do the work to accommodate this big change before taking in votes.)

Well this is what I was talking about. You need an option under 30.
This poll is pretty incomplete, not to mention ruined. This thread should probably be redone entirely.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-03-28, 12:10 pm

An option under 30 would be pretty much pointless if you look at how many people voted for the max value. You cant seriously think that most people that voted for 100 would change to under 30 if there was an option for it.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-28, 12:49 pm

skeletonboy wrote:An option under 30 would be pretty much pointless if you look at how many people voted for the max value. You cant seriously think that most people that voted for 100 would change to under 30 if there was an option for it.

people voted for a even number with a 1 and 0's that could be versatile with decimals, what ivan is saying is there shouldnt even be an option for 70 or even 30 because of just the plain fact its not realistic as a base number and why there wast a vote to keep the current system at 10 coins.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-03-28, 12:50 pm

skeletonboy wrote:An option under 30 would be pretty much pointless if you look at how many people voted for the max value. You cant seriously think that most people that voted for 100 would change to under 30 if there was an option for it.

The max value would be infinity because he said "Even More" which could be any number higher then 100
So yea....
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-03-28, 1:05 pm

TheLolness wrote:

The max value would be infinity because he said "Even More" which could be any number higher then 100
So yea....
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-28, 1:29 pm

I voted for 100 because there was no ten so that's not true.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2