The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is some badass lag.

+2
warkiller240
igortv123
6 posters

Go down

This is some badass lag. Empty This is some badass lag.

Post  igortv123 2011-03-19, 11:23 pm

Just wondering what is causing this amazing block lag. I place or destroy something, then it comes back, and finally 10 minutes later, it appears as its suppose to. Earlier I couldnt place blocks in water. Peroid. Is this server side? Or something to do with Notch's amazing programming skills? What ever it is, laggity as hell.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

This is some badass lag. Empty Re: This is some badass lag.

Post  warkiller240 2011-03-19, 11:33 pm

Ya I don't think ive ever expericed this kind of lag befor.
warkiller240
warkiller240

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-03-20, 8:13 am

It may be a mixture of both...sometimes i experience this lag just on my own but occasionally the server side can be very laggy although it only seems to be at certain times...where is the server based at? somewhere in America i m guesing?
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-03-20, 3:49 pm

I get that lagg about 50% of the time - unless I'm on a lucky week. Tho, instead of my blocks appearing I loose connection about 5 minutes later - than I know logging on will be an absolute pain...

Not sure if theres a solution to this?
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuint 2011-04-01, 4:44 am

Hello.

As some of you may have noticed, I vanished from the server.

What it was and still is, is that I began getting some major lag.
Like, so bad I cant destroy blocks properly or do much of anything. I can walk up to a zombie, punch him 9nothing happens), walk away, and later turn around and see this zombie running at hyperspeed toward me and killing me in seemingly one hit. If it even follows me. I can even walk through lava without dying for a mine or two, and Im getting absolutely dreadful (as in, minutes upon minutes) worth of chat-lag.

As is, SMP is completely unplayable for me at the time. I didnt want to make a new thread about it.
Also, I managed to forget about the forums for a while. I bought TF2 after the lag began to pass my free-time and got a bit enthralled.
Chuint
Chuint

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-04-01, 2:34 pm

Chuint wrote:Hello.

As some of you may have noticed, I vanished from the server.

What it was and still is, is that I began getting some major lag.
Like, so bad I cant destroy blocks properly or do much of anything. I can walk up to a zombie, punch him 9nothing happens), walk away, and later turn around and see this zombie running at hyperspeed toward me and killing me in seemingly one hit. If it even follows me. I can even walk through lava without dying for a mine or two, and Im getting absolutely dreadful (as in, minutes upon minutes) worth of chat-lag.

As is, SMP is completely unplayable for me at the time. I didnt want to make a new thread about it.
Also, I managed to forget about the forums for a while. I bought TF2 after the lag began to pass my free-time and got a bit enthralled.
That sucks Chuint =( But hey! Your alive!
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-04-01, 3:00 pm

I believe it is fixed now. Our server restarting plugin failed to restart the server. The ram usage on the server would climb and climb and climb until it froze up the whole thing. So it needs restarts to clean out the pipes so it does not lag.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuint 2011-04-02, 6:07 am

I got on the other night and messed about a bit, it still lags like hellknowswhat, but given a few minutes and someone to watch my back for monsters it works itself out. I should be back soon (like, within today or the next week or something, who knows Razz).
Chuint
Chuint

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum