The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Contest-Contest (Closed)

+8
ballnazor
Sevyn
sonkiro
Dementor
thewarthog
Toren
chivers706
CornNerd
12 posters

Go down

The Contest-Contest (Closed) Empty The Contest-Contest (Closed)

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-15, 8:30 pm

Hey guys! I hope all is well in your branch of the server.

The Contest-Contest

I'm very excited to start running some events for the community. This post is to announce what will hopefully be the first of many contests, challenges, and events.
So what do you have to do?

All you have to do is send me an idea for a contest, challenge, or event via private message. The more unique the idea, the better. The idea should also be relevant to the server and fairly easy to execute. All current server members are eligible to enter.

The best idea (as selected by me) will receive the following:

- 70 iron
- 7 gold
- 1 diamond
- 50 gold coins (Donated by chivers706).

The winning idea will also be the next community event.

The winner will be announced on Monday, 2/21/11

I realize this prize is less than spectacular, but I am attempting to save some of my valuables for future events. Any donations towards future prizes are greatly appreciated. I look forward to receiving your ideas!

Edit: After receiving a few submissions, I have decided to add a couple things to keep in mind:

- Your idea should be fairly simple. More complex events can take place later when more materials have been collected and the community and larger and more organized. It should not be grandiose.

- You may submit as many ideas as you want. Try to keep them all in one message, but I will accept as many ideas as you have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And the winner is......

stupidjr wrote:A building contest. You give them a building, and a list of criteria of what it needs to include. Example would be 'Build be a church that has at least 6 pews, and an altar' or ' Build me a house that has 4 bedrooms, is 2 stories tall, and has a secret entry way'

These would then be voted on by the community. However, no names would be attached to the pictures to prevent bias.
Congratulations, stupidjr!

The rest of you had some excellent ideas, but as I said, they are a bit complex for right now. I think some of them would make excellent competitions in the future, however. Some honorable mentions:

RevolutionBeginz wrote: The Blocky Awards

Between predefined times, several players would submit theyr work in pictures, videos or even tour along side 100 coins (value may change) to enter the contest, in order to create a prize.

There would be several categories (like in the grammys) like, best interior, best farm, best decoration, best exterior, most inovative, etc.

Each categorie would have several nominated and one winner. But in order to do this alot of people would have to enter the contest.

In the place where the awards would be given away there could be someone making a video to immortalize the event, there would be a stage, seats, and everything (cake?) and it should be townied by the mods and PvP free.

Extras:

The mods could "inject" some money in the monthly(?) contests, after all where does all that gold that we sell go ? Shocked

Cpt_Jak wrote:The Celsian Federation has an arena currently(we plan to expand it in the future) which we have recently tested. It's quite effective with one on one duels etc but we had a great idea the other day. PIG JOUSTING! Two players ride a pig using saddles and as they approach they bascially whail on eachother until death. It sound's simple I know, but think of the suspense as the pigs near eachother and then quickly turn away, as one player manages to get behind the other and sneak an attack in.

MaxxOverdrive wrote:Minecart archery range: Can either be PvE or PvP
The first step is to design a somewhat stable minecart track. Use craftbook signs to your advantage for even more craziness, and make the track itself a very wide open room/area. Either find ways to spawn mobs for players to shoot at, or have the opposing contestants shoot at each other (crazy potential involving parallel tracks). Have each player place belongings in separate chests before beginning.

PvP Goal: Kill opposing player while in your minecart, kill more mobs than your opponent
PvE Goal: Reach a certain number of kills in three laps

Thank you to everyone who entered. Stay tuned for future competitions!

Last edited by CornNerd on 2011-02-21, 7:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
CornNerd
CornNerd

http://thehobbyfinder.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

The Contest-Contest (Closed) Empty Re: The Contest-Contest (Closed)

Post  chivers706 2011-02-15, 8:58 pm

I like this alot so im going to through in 50 coin for the winner of this first contest
chivers706
chivers706

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-15, 9:19 pm

0.o I too like this idea. I can't wait to see what the contest is! I might even try and think of a contest Very Happy
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-15, 10:01 pm

How about a long dark room (with mob spawns possible) and you have to run to the end avoiding swarms of whatever spawns up ._.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-02-15, 11:36 pm

splief arena!

Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  sonkiro 2011-02-16, 1:10 am

We should hold Olympics!!

have a multipurpose spleef arena! we could decided what sports we could create.. such as spleef, long distance running. speed building. ect.
and a representatives of all the kingdoms are chosen one per sport.

and let the ideas run wild with that
sonkiro
sonkiro

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-16, 9:22 am

sonkiro wrote:We should hold Olympics!!

have a multipurpose spleef arena! we could decided what sports we could create.. such as spleef, long distance running. speed building. ect.
and a representatives of all the kingdoms are chosen one per sport.

and let the ideas run wild with that

pig races!
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-16, 12:40 pm

chivers706 wrote:I like this alot so im going to through in 50 coin for the winner of this first contest
Awesome! I will update the prize list.
Also, everyone keep in mind that only ideas submitted via private message will be eligible to win.

Edit: Another note. Most of the submissions I have received so far either involve using many materials that I do not have a great abundance of (e.g. iron), or involve a great deal of cooperation from the community. While the ideas are great in theory, they will most likely not be chosen due to the difficulty involved in making them a success. Remember to keep it somewhat simple. Those who have already submitted ideas may feel free to submit another.
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-16, 1:06 pm

Video Contest!

Preferably something awesome.

It doesn't have to be you flying around viewing al the cities, it could be like making an epic building or a battle.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  ballnazor 2011-02-16, 1:52 pm

/Thread.

Sevyn won.
ballnazor

Back to top Go down

Post  Nathias 2011-02-17, 12:02 am

wat

Last edited by Nathias on 2011-02-17, 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nathias
Nathias

Back to top Go down

The Contest-Contest (Closed) Empty :)

Post  Zoombies 2011-02-17, 12:08 am

what about who ever can find
70 iron
- 7 gold
- 1 diamond
- 50 gold coins
Smile
Zoombies

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-18, 7:18 pm

There's still plenty of time to enter. All you have to do is submit an idea to me via private message. There aren't many entries as of yet, so you still have a fairly good chance of winning if you enter. Plus, we could always use more ideas. Very Happy
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-19, 1:02 am

Darn, why didn't I think of this earlier?

A jumping platformer. I can make epic jumps ._.

In case people are scared I'll rig the thing in my favor, I could always not participate Razz
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-02-20, 5:53 am

The Blocky Awards

Between predefined times, several players would submit theyr work in pictures, videos or even tour along side 100 coins (value may change) to enter the contest, in order to create a prize.

There would be several categories (like in the grammys) like, best interior, best farm, best decoration, best exterior, most inovative, etc.

Each categorie would have several nominated and one winner. But in order to do this alot of people would have to enter the contest.

In the place where the awards would be given away there could be someone making a video to immortalize the event, there would be a stage, seats, and everything (cake?) and it should be townied by the mods and PvP free.

Extras:

The mods could "inject" some money in the monthly(?) contests, after all where does all that gold that we sell go ? Shocked

What do you think about these?
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-02-20, 6:06 am

Extras:

What do you think about these?

This is a great idea. As long as there isn't an award for largest box.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-02-20, 6:58 am

You made me laugh

RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-20, 11:53 am

Im making a documentary about me turning a griefed house into a moderator dream house.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-02-20, 12:17 pm

see, the best remodeling could also be a categorie.

BTW Sevyn, can the mods give money to the contest (sold gold bars at wizards tower, where are they? o_O

I also would like to see that documentary when its done. Smile
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-20, 12:52 pm

RevolutionBeginz wrote:see, the best remodeling could also be a categorie.

BTW Sevyn, can the mods give money to the contest (sold gold bars at wizards tower, where are they? o_O

I also would like to see that documentary when its done. Smile

Yeah, as long as we didn't use /give for the money. And, I have no clue what's up with the economy right now.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  CornNerd 2011-02-21, 7:06 pm

Sorry it's taken me so long to get to this. I was away snowboard today. Very Happy
I have taken a look through the entries for a third time, and have decided on a winner. This person wins because their idea is easy to put into action. I will admit, it is not the most unique idea, but many of the other ideas were either very similar, or too complex to deal with in the server's current state.

And the winner is......

stupidjr wrote:A building contest. You give them a building, and a list of criteria of what it needs to include. Example would be 'Build be a church that has at least 6 pews, and an altar' or ' Build me a house that has 4 bedrooms, is 2 stories tall, and has a secret entry way'

These would then be voted on by the community. However, no names would be attached to the pictures to prevent bias.
Congratulations, stupidjr!

The rest of you had some excellent ideas, but as I said, they are a bit complex for right now. I think some of them would make excellent competitions in the future, however. Some honorable mentions:

Extras:

Cpt_Jak wrote:The Celsian Federation has an arena currently(we plan to expand it in the future) which we have recently tested. It's quite effective with one on one duels etc but we had a great idea the other day. PIG JOUSTING! Two players ride a pig using saddles and as they approach they bascially whail on eachother until death. It sound's simple I know, but think of the suspense as the pigs near eachother and then quickly turn away, as one player manages to get behind the other and sneak an attack in.

MaxxOverdrive wrote:Minecart archery range: Can either be PvE or PvP
The first step is to design a somewhat stable minecart track. Use craftbook signs to your advantage for even more craziness, and make the track itself a very wide open room/area. Either find ways to spawn mobs for players to shoot at, or have the opposing contestants shoot at each other (crazy potential involving parallel tracks). Have each player place belongings in separate chests before beginning.

PvP Goal: Kill opposing player while in your minecart, kill more mobs than your opponent
PvE Goal: Reach a certain number of kills in three laps

Thank you to everyone who entered. Stay tuned for future competitions!
CornNerd
CornNerd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down