The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!

+6
ivanelk
thewarthog
Littlemoomoo
Soulcom
Blind_Merc
HunterE30633
10 posters

Go down

Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!  Empty Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-13, 11:47 pm

Societies is nearing completion. It's been a long wait and I thank you for your patience. The economy system is something I believe you will all enjoy. With complexity comes time, but I hope you will feel it was worth it once it's finally in your hands.

The Challenge of Societies

With the release of Societies, I want to give you all a ceremony we shall not forget! I call upon you the people of The Kingdoms New Dawn to prepare for the ceremony in a series of challenges. This first challenge will end on Saturday, February 19th at noon Pacific Time. You all have about 5 days to compete.

Challenge One

The first challenge is something every proper ceremony must have. A location and a scene. Find the location that you deem worthy for a grand ceremony. A location worthy of celebration, of laughs, and of course, nobility! (and other kingly things). Once you have found the perfect spot where over 50 people can gather to enjoy the festivities, build a stage.

Build a stage complete with audience seating that allows everyone to enjoy the view that you have chosen and still have a central focus on the person giving the speech.

One thing to keep in mind while executing these two tasks! Challenge two will require a massive object. One who's base could be anything from 5x5 to 30x30 and who's height should be no more than 50 blocks. So when trying to find the perfect spot to place your masterpiece, keep in mind that the view you choose must have room to place this massive object.

Creativity
Shear epicness
Theme

Those are the three things we are looking for.

I beseech you player of the Kingdoms! Miner of the World! Citizen of Societies! Take this opportunity to write your own name in history!
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!  Empty Re: Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-17, 12:22 am

No one up for it?
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!  Empty Re: Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-17, 12:25 am

Wow didn't even see this here! o.O

Also:
Do you mean something like this?
Hear ye, hear ye! A challenge for the bravest in the land!  Taormina-greek_theatre
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-02-17, 5:40 am

Ill see what I can do. But it sounds really cool.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  Littlemoomoo 2011-02-17, 6:56 am

...Ugh, thanks Adrian, do it the week im away from home :/
Littlemoomoo
Littlemoomoo

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-17, 8:49 am

Off topic: I just realized who Grunt is.

On topic: I'm horrible at finding views Razz Maybe I'll do some terraforming.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-17, 3:04 pm

I do apologize Grunt, I didn't know timing was that much of an issue. There are going to be 2 other challenges though, that way hopefully everyone has a chance to participate in at least one.

@Blind_Merc..... yes!
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-20, 5:00 pm

The first challenge has ended. Has anyone built a stage for the event?
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-20, 5:20 pm

HunterE30633 wrote:The first challenge has ended. Has anyone built a stage for the event?
Well we do have an arena that could be modified.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-02-20, 7:09 pm

I enter the little village to the North? of the pirates. They have a little amplitheather that could seat a group of people.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-20, 7:36 pm

i can build one with me and my faction and of course we could provide teh mats if its for a worthy cause o-o
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-20, 7:37 pm

HunterE30633 wrote:The first challenge has ended. Has anyone built a stage for the event?

yeah just come to us and check our arena out, will be a little narrow, but well Smile
the speeker would be even allowed to use the kings chair Very Happy
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-21, 4:58 pm

I will take a look at the village to the North of the pirates. Habit I've seen your place. It's good as an arena but not so much a stage for a meeting. TheLolness I'll take you up on your offer if you can get it done within the next couple of hours. I will be meeting with Soto and we will review it then
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-22, 2:37 pm

HunterE30633 wrote:I will take a look at the village to the North of the pirates. Habit I've seen your place. It's good as an arena but not so much a stage for a meeting. TheLolness I'll take you up on your offer if you can get it done within the next couple of hours. I will be meeting with Soto and we will review it then

Sorry to dissappoint but im going to be rly busy inrl >.< i can still privide mats just wont be able to build
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-26, 8:08 pm

I realized that I didn't give you all enough time to complete the first challenge. I'm going to let you all have another go at the first challenge. Find a location that you think is fit for everyone to congregate and celebrate together, PM me the coords and post a screen. Then the team and I will go and take a look at it. When minecraft stops being dumb, I will get on and take a look at the village to the north. But now...

The Second Challenge

With my spring break and the release of Societies upon us, it is time for us to move on to the Second Challenge of Societies.

As mentioned before in the first post, the stage is meant to have room for a large object next to it. What better way to mark the Age of Societies than with a little bit of life?

We need trees. yes, massive trees. Every story that theme this server is built off of has some forest that holds some power that has been lost to history. We need such a forest. This forest will mark the center of our power. It will contain the mystery, the magic, and the lore f our server. It will surround our stage.

Don't worry about location, I will be able to move it later. Build at least one tree. I will give you leaves so that you can complete it. We will place your tree where we see fit depending on:
-> Size: A tree 10 blocks high is awesome, but so is one thats 40 blocks high and 40 blocks wide too
-> Aesthetics: Add mass to the tree. Try to round the tree out a little and add curves to it so that it isn't just an elegant 1x1 tower
-> Believability: Making a tree is hard work. But if you put in the effort to pull it off, you are considered a demi-god to me

Basically, if you recreate The Great Deku Tree to scale, you will get an amazing position and it will become to face of this event.

I thank you all for making this possible. I look forward to seeing what you all create

Have fun and happy hunting

HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-02-27, 8:59 am

I'm guessing stuff can be built on the temp server and ported to the other map when needed?
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterE30633 2011-02-27, 11:56 am

The main map should be back on soon. I will call Soto about it
HunterE30633
HunterE30633

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down