The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbreakable Iron Doors

+2
Hazzy
thewarthog
6 posters

Go down

Should indesctructible iron doors be implemented?

Unbreakable Iron Doors Vote_lcap91%Unbreakable Iron Doors Vote_rcap 91% 
[ 10 ]
Unbreakable Iron Doors Vote_lcap9%Unbreakable Iron Doors Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 11

Unbreakable Iron Doors Empty Unbreakable Iron Doors

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-12, 11:50 pm

Would we be able to have some kind of mod that made iron doors unbreakable?

The theory behind iron doors is that they will prevent unwanted entry or exit from a place, but unless you give it protection, you can just whack through it with a pickaxe. Or a fist. Any iron door traps wouldn't really work on players Razz

Of course, the hard part would be implementing some way to actually break it.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Unbreakable Iron Doors Empty Re: Unbreakable Iron Doors

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-12, 11:55 pm

"Oops, didn't want to put it there. FML"

Not really sure what this is asking. Off Towny you can just dig around. On Towny you couldn't break it anyway.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-13, 12:51 am

Yeah if you have the door towny'd it'd be unbreakable anyway, and as said if someone wanted to they'd just dig around or TNT it Yogscast style.

I think by unbreakable he means breakable only by the person who placed it?
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-13, 8:00 am

I'd propose giving iron doors obsidian properties, so they can only be broken with a diamond pick, and even then, it takes a minute. But yeah if towny is off they'll always just dig around it (unless you add a layer of lava under your walls or something Laughing). Maybe we should consider it an RP rule violation to just dig around doors? It seems harsh, and people will still likely do it and get away with it, but it's just a thought.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-17, 7:08 pm

I like the idea of giving Iron Doors the same properties as obsidian. As it stands, Iron Doors aren't very secure and the only way to make something truly 'secure' is to wrap it in several layers of obsidian, TNT and lava.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 7:15 pm

Unbreakable iron doors would be epic, although it still doesnt stop the cheaters from lag glitching there way in! within my humble abode ingame i have a townied protected iron door i see open several times only way that could happen if somone lags in and opens it from within
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-17, 8:05 pm

Kremit wrote:Unbreakable iron doors would be epic, although it still doesnt stop the cheaters from lag glitching there way in! within my humble abode ingame i have a townied protected iron door i see open several times only way that could happen if somone lags in and opens it from within

It's currently possible to break townied blocks by standing outside it and then digging at them. Societies should fix that by having larger blocks...
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-17, 8:33 pm

Raijouta wrote:
Kremit wrote:Unbreakable iron doors would be epic, although it still doesnt stop the cheaters from lag glitching there way in! within my humble abode ingame i have a townied protected iron door i see open several times only way that could happen if somone lags in and opens it from within

It's currently possible to break townied blocks by standing outside it and then digging at them. Societies should fix that by having larger blocks...

i know however this door is within the center of my townied blocks someone has been destroying the door walking through it befor the lag catches up and replaces the door
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum