The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Religious competition for the different Factions?

+8
CaptainAmazing
Roflbeeb
MrSpoon
Toren
Blind_Merc
Diabloz
rhino600
draco222
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Religious competition for the different Factions? Empty Religious competition for the different Factions?

Post  draco222 2011-05-01, 8:28 pm

This is going to be a long post, or a short one. It depends on how many ideas I come up with as I go along...

Earlier today, I was talking with ballnazor. Shortly after, Shigan came in and began "haunting" us. (Turned invisible and randomly appeared in the general vicinity of one of us for a split second) He also hurled lightning bolts around...

Anyway! It seems Shigan is the god of lightning, chivers Ares, (War, and a few others).

This idea will need improvement and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

I just wondered after that experience, since (during Shigan's haunting, he appeared in a small cave opening he had made while invisible, and would show himself above our line of vision. We would eventually find him then he would disappear and make another cave even higher.) Moving on, Shigan left. Ball and I had little else to do so we decided to decorate his cave the highest one of course, and call it "Cave of the Demi-God Shigan." Now, when I showed it to him, (this may be a little against the rules, but my idea comes into play to help that) he gave maxx and I a gift. He then left, etc., and went on his godly way.

I was wondering, why not have factions compete for gifts from the "Gods?" Its good roleplay, and makes the mods able to play around a little more than usual.

Restrictions MUST be placed however. Depending on how big your offering is, the mod can give you a gift. Giving a stack of TNT is not fair though, since such an amount could crash the server, or grief a town way too much to be built back... Thus, fairness and common sense is paramount here.

Again, this idea needs improvements etc., but with some of the mods, it might just work... Soto may not be able to do so because he simply checks in, but Shigan and Chivers and Rashala could definitely be involved if they so wished...

Thanks, and leave your ideas below!

I know that the mods are also VERY VERY busy, however just because someone asks you to see their offering DOES NOT mean they have to, obviously. If they HAVE TIME they can IF THEY WANT TO...

Another disclaimer: killing a cow does NOT count as an offering guys. Building a temple, or placing blocks of gold in honor of a god is a real offering. Basically, monuments... are the way to go here.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Religious competition for the different Factions? Empty Re: Religious competition for the different Factions?

Post  rhino600 2011-05-01, 9:43 pm

Hmmm, this idea certainly has possibilities, both good and bad. If properly implemented it gives to the mods something to do so they can have a bit more fun while going about on their way around the world. Rewards for pleasing them might have to be decided upon before this gets implemented though to be sure nothing would break the game. I think this could be one of those things that could be kind of a side-note for the server; interesting, but not majorly impacting the way things are done.
Say this is put in, I think it might provide an interesting addition to towns while not being something people think, once they make a shrine, will give them the secret to the universe.
In other words I think this could be very interesting if handled correctly where it just adds to the server without overpowering anything.
If handled wrong though, things can go wrong in so many ways.
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Religious competition for the different Factions? Empty Re: Religious competition for the different Factions?

Post  Diabloz 2011-05-01, 10:57 pm

so build churches? and stuff for the gods? sounds interesting 0-0 we could also have conflicting religions, i know my town will have the church of chivers 0-0
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-05-01, 11:23 pm

MALACATH!
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-05-01, 11:28 pm

Diabloz wrote:so build churches? and stuff for the gods? sounds interesting 0-0 we could also have conflicting religions, i know my town will have the church of chivers 0-0

And we could have religious wars, like crusades. Chiverists vs. Shiganists

Very Happy
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-05-01, 11:57 pm

Toren wrote:
Diabloz wrote:so build churches? and stuff for the gods? sounds interesting 0-0 we could also have conflicting religions, i know my town will have the church of chivers 0-0

Very Happy

Hehehe, Nathiest's and Torenites. Wink
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-05-02, 4:48 am

Toren wrote:

Very Happy

I am already planning my crusader chapter house Smile
Of course the Sotorian Templars only believe in the one true god SOTO. All you infidels shuld care to revoke your ways before I convert you with the tip of my holy blade! Very Happy
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-05-02, 7:15 am

yea but Chiverstians have seen chivers walk the lands, and perform miracles. Chiverstians is the way to go.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-05-02, 7:42 am

Diabloz wrote:yea but Chiverstians have seen chivers walk the lands, and perform miracles. Chiverstians is the way to go.

No way, the Shiganites clearly have the most power! You see it in every storm! Very Happy
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-05-02, 7:49 am

you are all wrong! you do not worship the lord so therefor you are enemy's of good and shall be smiteted!
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  rhino600 2011-05-02, 8:06 am

Alright before this becomes more of a shouting match than it already is I have a question: Can we get a list of the Gods and what they rule? Cause I was approached by an Elder who called himself "God of Lightning" or something along those lines, and he was not the lightning god of the OP. Thus I would just like to get a list out of all the Gods and their areas of expertise.

Edit: Upon further recollection I realized it was Shigan that called himself god of lightning he simply reffered to himself as "Involley" and I was building so I didn't bother to look at what his name actually was.

Last edited by rhino600 on 2011-05-02, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-05-02, 8:21 am

rhino600 wrote:Alright before this becomes more of a shouting match than it already is I have a question: Can we get a list of the Gods and what they rule? Cause I was approached by an Elder who called himself "God of Lightning" or something along those lines, and he was not the lightning god of the OP. Thus I would just like to get a list out of all the Gods and their areas of expertise.

Only the God Shigan, or Shygen (Pronounced in ye olde term) is the ruler and god of Lightening and Power!!! Twisted Evil

(Hahah we can have some IC fun here)
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-05-02, 8:44 am

rhino600 wrote:Alright before this becomes more of a shouting match than it already is I have a question: Can we get a list of the Gods and what they rule? Cause I was approached by an Elder who called himself "God of Lightning" or something along those lines, and he was not the lightning god of the OP. Thus I would just like to get a list out of all the Gods and their areas of expertise.

lol sorry infidel Razz

well so far we ve got:

Invollay: God of Lightning (shigan)
Ares: God of War (chivers706)
Soto: "the creator" (he is like zeus) (soto_Black (pretty obv))

This list could be added on

This could be like the main gods but there could also be heretical beliefs (belived by small numbers and against the norm) for instance Followers of Notch and so on
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-05-02, 2:12 pm

Huh, didn't think the reactions would be so positive. Of course, the fact is this is really just up to the mods...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-05-02, 2:15 pm

What about Blocktheism?

I would be either a Sotonian, Chiverstian, or a Roflbeebian :3
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAmazing 2011-05-02, 2:27 pm

draco222 wrote:Huh, didn't think the reactions would be so positive. Of course, the fact is this is really just up to the mods...

not realy...it easy enough for players to incorporate (and chivers and shigan are already pretending to be gods) in role play (which should be happening more and more. For instance my Character is incredibly fanatical already (hence the creation of a crusader order)
CaptainAmazing
CaptainAmazing

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-05-02, 2:30 pm

CaptainAmazing wrote:
draco222 wrote:Huh, didn't think the reactions would be so positive. Of course, the fact is this is really just up to the mods...

not realy...it easy enough for players to incorporate (and chivers and shigan are already pretending to be gods) in role play (which should be happening more and more. For instance my Character is incredibly fanatical already (hence the creation of a crusader order)

twas my comment

stupid brother confusing me :S
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-05-02, 3:04 pm

You must understand... I'm a pessimist!

Very Happy

But I thought it would add some non-pvp competition flavor to the server.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-05-02, 3:06 pm

draco222 wrote:You must understand... I'm a pessimist!

Very Happy

Do you mean atheist?
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-05-02, 3:08 pm

skeletonboy wrote:
draco222 wrote:You must understand... I'm a pessimist!

Very Happy

Do you mean atheist?
I think he means that since he is a pessimist, he didn't expect this to have such a positive response.

I'm an Atheist, though.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-05-02, 3:08 pm

Ahh I don't believe in god but I am not a complete logician...

Anyway as said before... The mods have the last say.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-05-02, 3:10 pm

lol well it could turn into pvp/raid when others dont believe in the same beliefs, with that said i am looking forward to this 0-0
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-05-02, 3:15 pm

True. However non-pvp based factions... Very Happy

See what I'm getting at?
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-05-02, 3:16 pm

Religion could cause towns to break away from main factions, players to leave...

All more rp stuff.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-05-02, 3:37 pm

Its good stuff, man! Try it!

(Drug reference not intended)
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next