The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved

5 posters

Go down

Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved Empty Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-11, 1:51 am

For anyone who is familiar running towny on a server towny creates a folder with files that contain the information on where a town is and how many blocks it has. When we went to the new server the previous towny information was kept and the coordinates for the old Igor town was kept and is at the same location it was on the old map.

I am going to be deleting the old one.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved Empty Re: Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-11, 2:09 am

That's very interesting.... I'm unsure if this is the actual reason, but that's definitely possible. However, Igor did discover that he could give himself more towny blocks. After he sent me a message about it, I confirmed this by giving myself bonus towny blocks as well, which I used minimally. Out of the 30 I think I gave myself testing it, I think I've used about 6? 10? I don't know. Anyway, whether it was the old files or the ill-gotten bonus blocks, I'm glad these problems are being cleared up. Man, we're doing almost as much troubleshooting as we would have if we had coded the bloody game ourselves! Sheesh!
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved Empty Re: Why does d'Igor have so much territory - Mystery solved

Post  Soto_Black 2011-01-11, 2:30 am

AdrianRedd wrote:That's very interesting.... I'm unsure if this is the actual reason, but that's definitely possible. However, Igor did discover that he could give himself more towny blocks. After he sent me a message about it, I confirmed this by giving myself bonus towny blocks as well, which I used minimally. Out of the 30 I think I gave myself testing it, I think I've used about 6? 10? I don't know. Anyway, whether it was the old files or the ill-gotten bonus blocks, I'm glad these problems are being cleared up. Man, we're doing almost as much troubleshooting as we would have if we had coded the bloody game ourselves! Sheesh!

lol tell me about it. How was it that you went about giving yourself extra blocks exactly? Only an admin should be able to use those commands.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-01-11, 8:24 am

Soto_Black wrote:
AdrianRedd wrote:That's very interesting.... I'm unsure if this is the actual reason, but that's definitely possible. However, Igor did discover that he could give himself more towny blocks. After he sent me a message about it, I confirmed this by giving myself bonus towny blocks as well, which I used minimally. Out of the 30 I think I gave myself testing it, I think I've used about 6? 10? I don't know. Anyway, whether it was the old files or the ill-gotten bonus blocks, I'm glad these problems are being cleared up. Man, we're doing almost as much troubleshooting as we would have if we had coded the bloody game ourselves! Sheesh!

lol tell me about it. How was it that you went about giving yourself extra blocks exactly? Only an admin should be able to use those commands.
Lords apparently have access to the admin towny commands and abilities (That is why Ryu could break towny's protection on the pirates base, as he has the ability to do so).

Honestly Igor's first town did need the extra towny blocks. If you noticed it literally was huge. However Zack did go overboard in terms of claiming and apparently claimed a ridiculous distance out)
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Soulcom 2011-01-11, 12:27 pm

Just because your town was huge that gives you a excuse to have more towny blocks than another kingdom with the same number of players? Your logic is flawed.
Soulcom
Soulcom

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-01-11, 1:03 pm

Soulcom wrote:Just because your town was huge that gives you a excuse to have more towny blocks than another kingdom with the same number of players? Your logic is flawed.
They have the ability to towny the same amounts as we do. Adrian doesn't want the pirates to make houses he forces them to live in a 4x5 room or something like that. TDE is pretty big as well I am sure it has at least 100 blocks townied.

The original igor town takes up about 100 due to the number of houses we have. We have about 22 player houses then about 10 or so farms as well as 10 or so city buildings all on the ground not in the main keep.
So for all that to fit I would imagine taking 150 or something like that isn't excessive, zack decided that since we could add more blocks to go claiming all the mines and such though.

Hopefully that explains why we have so many blocks in that town, and honestly I don't know why you care.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-11, 8:06 pm

I did Give myself a little "extra" blocks. I'm sorry for that =P. We needed about..100 or so? I just addded alot so I didnt have to type the command if we needed more, I'm lazy =P. Honestly, we should keep the command, as long as our leaders use it respectfully, not to go over board by claiming 2000 blocks. We used about...200 in Igor's town 3. Again, I added more (1k) cause I'm lazy, but I didnt claim it, 150 or so.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-11, 8:10 pm

Soto_Black wrote:

In the beginning, you gave leaders admin commands to start their own towns and set lords.
Me, being my devious self, saw that the /givebonus command was "admin". So, when we needed more space, I didnt want to PM and admin, tried the command myself, and sphingo! More towny blocks

Foiling my devious plans.....You win this time Soto.......*maniacal laughter*
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down