The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should mob farms be allowed?

+13
ivanelk
MaxxOverdrive
TheLolness
heishe
DarwinAssist
Toren
Arkitek
thewarthog
Diabloz
Boshiwukins
Habit
Blind_Merc
Kremit
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should mob farms be banned?

Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 13 ]
Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 12 ]
Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

Should mob farms be allowed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should mob farms be allowed?

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-21, 1:46 pm

TheLolness wrote:
We have one because we are striving to become the best society this server has scene.

Last time I checked there's no such thing as a "best" society. Industrialization is not within the medieval theme of the server. Farms of livestock make sense. They spawn, and you kill them to gather the materials yourself.
Factories do not make sense. Buildings that automatically slaughter monsters or cattle and deliver product to a single retrieval location are far too modern to be RPable. Even redstone wiring is more feasible than a full on factory.
Go out and work for your living! it's fun, really!
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-21, 1:55 pm

No post-facto laws
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-21, 2:19 pm

Cypranex wrote:No post-facto laws
Yea you can't just be like, this person killed me without rping back in 1.0 therefore he should be punished in 3.0 because it is a rule now.

This argument fails.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-21, 2:43 pm

I would like to apologise as i misnamed darwin as giving the tour, as in fact it was diabloz im quite sure. and all i see in this thread so far is people from the legion whyning and bitching, it doesnt matter weather the admins like the poll or not as its in the "suggestion's" section of the forum i doubt to see how its a waste of time? and considering that the legion has the most forum trolls and the votes atm stand at 50/50 im seeing that its probably just your trolls voting that mob farms should be allowed!

i would like to see some admin/moderator PoV's on this topic
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-21, 2:48 pm

MaxxOverdrive wrote:
TheLolness wrote:
We have one because we are striving to become the best society this server has scene.

Last time I checked there's no such thing as a "best" society. Industrialization is not within the medieval theme of the server. Farms of livestock make sense. They spawn, and you kill them to gather the materials yourself.
Factories do not make sense. Buildings that automatically slaughter monsters or cattle and deliver product to a single retrieval location are far too modern to be RPable. Even redstone wiring is more feasible than a full on factory.

industrialization did occur during the medieval ages, if i remember correctly. the worlds greatest inventors developed the greatest ideas during the medieval ages such as leonardo de vinci, and was capable of building automated mechanics during his era. even today techniques he used for his structural analysis, and research about pulleys, mechanics and gravity are used today in simple mechanics. Not to mention the Chinese created the first set of Explosive projectiles during the medieval ages using Magnetic Induction. And The Egyptians created the first usable batteries by what we now know is the use of a cathode and anode and a Citrus fruit syrup, which they used as a torture device. if the king ask me as a member of his engineering team to develop to help us achieve military excellence, as a RP an engineer i Designed on my own, my very own mob tower. in game my character developed the knowledge to built this, as we established my character had only finished developing his knowledge and took 3 (versions 1.0-3.0) generations to finally be able to complete this machine. and as i mentioned before, an inventor is just as much RP as a Hunter. i dont see how your hunting has even affected the servers iconomy, while the projects the legion has finished has circulated over 6000 coins into those miners and workers pocket.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-21, 2:55 pm

Diabloz wrote:
MaxxOverdrive wrote:
TheLolness wrote:

industrialization did occur during the medieval ages, if i remember correctly. the worlds greatest inventors developed the greatest ideas during the medieval ages such as leonardo de vinci, and was capable of building automated mechanics during his era. even today techniques he used for his structural analysis, and research about pulleys, mechanics and gravity are used today in simple mechanics. Not to mention the Chinese created the first set of Explosive projectiles during the medieval ages using Magnetic Induction. And The Egyptians created the first usable batteries by what we now know is the use of a cathode and anode and a Citrus fruit syrup, which they used as a torture device. if the king ask me as a member of his engineering team to develop to help us achieve military excellence, as a RP an engineer i Designed on my own, my very own mob tower. in game my character developed the knowledge to built this, as we established my character had only finished developing his knowledge and took 3 (versions 1.0-3.0) generations to finally be able to complete this machine. and as i mentioned before, an inventor is just as much RP as a Hunter. i dont see how your hunting has even affected the servers iconomy, while the projects the legion has finished has circulated over 6000 coins into those miners and workers pocket.

i hate to correct you Diabloz but Leonardo de vinci wasnt around during the middle ages he was alive during the Renaissance. I also cannot think of any famous inventors or industry that came to develop during the middle ages 90% of it came during the Renaissance, as for the chinese creating explosives they used saltpeter as well as the game already implimenting explosives there called T.N.T. and for the "batteries" used to torcher somone using fruit, yeah dont think that would have hurt much it would have put out maybe 1volt at about 0.0001 amp.

also with the proposed leveling system that may or maynot be implemented wont mob farms directly conflict with this mod?
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-21, 3:47 pm

Mob spawners are a part of Minecraft. I'm not sure why you want to get rid of it, but continue.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-02-21, 3:50 pm

To be honest, I dont think they should be banned. If you were smart enough to come up with a mob spawner to produce materials for, I don't know, war. That would be a great advantage.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Kremit 2011-02-21, 3:55 pm

I have nothing againced mob spawners they are fine its the automated farming that i beleive is the topic here. with the proposed leveling system i read/heard about what will be the point of a hunter if these farms do it for you?
Kremit
Kremit

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-02-21, 4:01 pm

Kremit wrote:
Diabloz wrote:
MaxxOverdrive wrote:
TheLolness wrote:

i hate to correct you Diabloz but Leonardo de vinci wasnt around during the middle ages he was alive during the Renaissance. I also cannot think of any famous inventors or industry that came to develop during the middle ages 90% of it came during the Renaissance, as for the chinese creating explosives they used saltpeter as well as the game already implimenting explosives there called T.N.T. and for the "batteries" used to torcher somone using fruit, yeah dont think that would have hurt much it would have put out maybe 1volt at about 0.0001 amp.

also with the proposed leveling system that may or maynot be implemented wont mob farms directly conflict with this mod?

id love to correct you;

"The Middle Ages (adjectival form: medieval or mediæval) was a period of European history from the 5th century to the 15th century. The period followed the fall of the Western Roman Empire in 476, and preceded the Early Modern Era.

The Renaissance (Italian: Rinascimento, French: Renaissance, from ri- "again" and nascere "be born")[1] is a cultural movement that spanned roughly the 14th to the 17th century." Reference -wikipedia

Obviously your ignorance knows no bounds, as these to ages overlapped each other, it is then logical to conclude, that leonardo, was alive during the Medieval ages.

Second, these batteries where made in large vases, using a Copper Rod, and Aluminum (decent Anode, 3rd to zinc).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cathode, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anode. being an electric engineer has its benifits since i can say that the Voltage Depends on the anode, because its limited by the chemical reaction taking place, How every there should be no reason why this could not have a high current, since the volume of the Acid is extrmely large and thus outweighs the Cathode allowing the maximum allowable flow of electrons, had they not used copper, the current would have differed. because they had these "vases" lined up in series.

to make an educated guess at the amps, we know that

1A = 1 Columbs/ sec

because this is limited to the Change in Entropy in the Electrolysis Reaction,
this can be determined by the First law of Electrolysis,

m = k * Q, where m is the Mass, and K is the Acidic Constant of the Chemical. We can determined the charge, a 1 liter vase can then be 0.246 amps, while a 3 liter vase (as the egyptions used) is roughly 0.838 amps, assuming they are using viniger and citrus fruits, 1 Amp is the strength of a De-fibrilizer used incase of heart attacks or strokes.

Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-21, 4:09 pm

Diabloz wrote:

Well explained. I'll admit that I'm more of a fan of the old barter system, so I mainly ignore the happenings in iconomy. But I will also say that while there were some eerily modern technologies (such as batteries) back then, there was nothing that was as completely automated as a mob factory plus everyone knows that battery was reverse-engineered from alien technologies left by visitors long ago. Everything still required at least some action on the part of the gatherer.
Either way, I guess it's not that big of a deal if TnT doesn't work, but if the protection falters even once, we really could wind up with some kind of nuclear war on our hands Laughing
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-02-21, 4:19 pm

MaxxOverdrive wrote:
Diabloz wrote:

Well explained. I'll admit that I'm more of a fan of the old barter system, so I mainly ignore the happenings in iconomy. But I will also say that while there were some eerily modern technologies (such as batteries) back then, there was nothing that was as completely automated as a mob factory plus everyone knows that battery was reverse-engineered from alien technologies left by visitors long ago. Everything still required at least some action on the part of the gatherer.
Either way, I guess it's not that big of a deal if TnT doesn't work, but if the protection falters even once, we really could wind up with some kind of nuclear war on our hands Laughing

Did someone say Nuclear war?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cumSEWpH53M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz4GKGx0X9I&feature=related

=D
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-21, 4:29 pm

looks like the pirates base
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-21, 4:46 pm

MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  heishe 2011-02-21, 4:56 pm

Why are you even discussing the middle ages? It's absolutely pointless. Minecraft isn't a middle-ages game. If you want to ban everything that doesn't seem realistic for a middle-ages setting, you might as well ban diamond equipment, dispensers, redstone circuits, coal powered minecarts and a whole lot of other stuff which would leave you with a very minimalistic and boring version of Minecraft very soon.
heishe

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-02-21, 6:29 pm

Ok you are being a real retard. Changing the post name so people will vote for you is bs. You changed it to say yes was to allow it and now it is back to ban it. I think that is enough to get this post locked.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-21, 6:58 pm

Wow man what the hell. Let people vote and not have to deal with ur crap.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-21, 7:26 pm

I was pretty sure the motion to allow them was in the lead.

EDIT: UNLOCKED
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  SinFa 2011-02-22, 1:10 pm

errr...I voted 'YES' because of the topic name, but I actually meant 'NO' to the question, didnt read properly...but its a really cheap trick =.=...
SinFa

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-22, 2:09 pm

Yea, the thread title and the poll question are completely opposite and are confusing.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-02-22, 2:39 pm

Wait what? I just noticed the questions are different. The results are now skewed. Locked.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2