The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grow Up Please. Its a temp map.

+3
ivanelk
Hazzy
igortv123
7 posters

Go down

Grow Up Please. Its a temp map. Empty Grow Up Please. Its a temp map.

Post  igortv123 2011-01-14, 8:07 pm

So, on this temp map, I've been killed like, 10 times. First 2 times, I understand, I had diamonds. I'm just angry that I cant build a house, without a random person killing me for the 2 planks that I have. Isnt this breaking a rule? "No random killing" Come on guys..seriously.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Grow Up Please. Its a temp map. Empty Re: Grow Up Please. Its a temp map.

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-14, 8:31 pm

"It's just a temp server, nothing matters" is almost as infuriating as "It's just a game!".

A good part of me just wants to start a new map with the last Alpha build.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-01-14, 9:27 pm

Pvp is an element of the game, granted what is going on right now is a little excessive due to the fact no one really has anything to lose. But your proving something I have noticed. All people do when they get killed in game is whine and whine you gotta learn to tighten your belt and move on.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd 2011-01-14, 11:06 pm

A part of what Ivan says is true. I was having a fairly good time in a Bloodbath server a little while ago. People will kill you, grief you, and overall destroy you for no reason. Anything goes, just don't grief the spawn. That's it. And you know what? It was pretty fun. Just so long as you don't care if you lose everything. First thing I did was get a couple diamonds, a suit of armor, and raided like crazy. Got myself a fair bit of loot. Then I packed up my base and moved on to a new one so I wouldn't be found. That's how you do it.

Anarchy can be fun, you just gotta know how.

As a rule, stay underground. Do not make a base on the surface, it will be found and raided. Hide your base as best you can. That's how you stay alive. One way is to dig a 1x1 hole straight down, and build your base way down there. Then when you need to get up, use dirt, not ladders. Texture hacks won't be able to see your base down there, or if they can it will be very hard. And the best way to stay healthy in an anarchy server is to move. A lot. And have several stashes of goods.
AdrianRedd
AdrianRedd
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-01-15, 11:59 am

As adrian is saying, you have to be a nomad... Stay on the move, don't get trapped in your own base!
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-01-15, 8:40 pm

Yea adrian got what I was pointing out.
I know you are much more of a kingdom man, and obviously positioning your kingdom 3000 blocks away from spawn you don't want to get attacked and/or raided. That being said this temp server everyone is a vagabond with no protection. You are going to need to learn how to survive without towny protecting you always. If your not that good of a fighter learn how to avoid fighting by moving bases and such.

Complaining about getting killed every time it happens doesn't really help you much in this temp server. And making posts about people doing it is likely going to get you killed even more.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-01-15, 8:53 pm

Sphingo. I enjoy pvping, but when I just respawned, with nothing, and someone kills me, thats annoying.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Chuint 2011-01-15, 10:16 pm

Im agreeing with Igor on this one. While I do enjoy the PVP in this server (I dont partake in it much, but I like it) I just cant stand how there's people just camping around spawn. I know I tried to just gather wood a good few times and got killed by random folks.

Im fine with how I got killed in my house (since abandoned) twice, and I didnt complain when I came back to the entire floor dug out for two blocks (nothing was there, I wasnt given the time to really mine for nice things). What I hate is the spawn killing.
Chuint
Chuint

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon 2011-01-16, 5:09 am

I m agreeing with igor too on this . My brother is playing on a server much like this one with pvp enabled and for the amount of time he has been playing there has been barely and disputes, griefing (even though it was open to all) or mass murder case and you know what? On his server there has been twice as much constructive work done with almost half the membership. There is pvp but not excessive and also there doesnt seem to be the same amount of competition and hatred between certain players so griefing is almost non existant and for that reason everyone on his server gets along and as a result of that everyone on it is having fun.
MrSpoon
MrSpoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down