The Kingdom Role Playing Rules Must Read

Go down

The Kingdom Role Playing Rules Must Read

Post  chivers706 on 2011-03-30, 7:21 pm

These are the Kingdom Role Playing Rules must read these and you should have already seen them.

They have been on the server for a while. If you have not you should right now
http://minecraftthekingdom.forumotion.com/t760-role-playing-rules

These are the rules and since they have been up on the server they have already been in effect.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Kingdom Role Playing Rules Must Read

Post  KhaosLeper on 2011-03-30, 7:37 pm

If it is alright, I'd like to add something about metagaming in the next few days. As I have time to write up. It seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed.

KhaosLeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  MrSpoon on 2011-03-31, 9:56 am

KhaosLeper wrote:If it is alright, I'd like to add something about metagaming in the next few days. As I have time to write up. It seems to be a problem that needs to be addressed.

wats tht? sorry for being a little slow
MrSpoon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AdrianRedd on 2011-04-03, 12:33 am

Metagaming is when you use Out of Character (OOC) information to base your In Character/Role Play (RP) decisions. For instance, say your friend is 1000 blocks away, goes on to global chat and says "Dude there's a chest hidden at 342x, 42z, can you go get it for me?" This is OOC. His In Game Character did not actually giver your character that information. For your character to have this information, he must actively role play the conversation in which he informs you of his hidden chest, within a realistic distance. (i.e. face to face)

Metagaming also occurs in the forums. Granted, the forums provide an excellent place for role play, and allows for the transference of information outside of the game. Say someone posts information in your faction's forum. We can assume that the information posted there is applicable and accessible for the entire faction. If you're offline, but reading the forums, you can assume that through communication with his faction members your character knows what your faction knows.

There is also information that you find outside of your faction's forums. In trading forums, an advertisement is pretty global, but try to RP your knowledge of the market. Be as in character as you can. If your character is in the middle of the woods, how did he suddenly know that there was a big sale? You can certainly make the in character decision to go to the city, where, lo-and-behold, a sale is in session. This kind of metagaming is ok, so long as you make it relevant to the RP. Don't say "I was in the forest and a pig told me you had a sale going on". No dice.

Finally, here's the biggie. If you hear on global chat from someone out of character that there's an impending raid, you CANNOT act as if you know about it. If you discover outside of your faction forums any information about raids, attacks, schemes, or what have you, you cannot make in character decisions based on this information. If you gain any information of this nature, it must be in character, in game, and/or in your faction's forum.
AdrianRedd
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper on 2011-04-03, 9:20 am

Thanks Adrian, you nailed it on the head.

Metagaming is actually part of a recent fiasco that I won't go into detail about.

KhaosLeper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down