The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two most popular gold prices poll.

+8
Soto_Black
Transfatninja
TheLolness
skeletonboy
Blind_Merc
Diabloz
ryuukazu
igortv123
12 posters

Go down

What should the gold base price be?

Two most popular gold prices poll. Vote_lcap39%Two most popular gold prices poll. Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 13 ]
Two most popular gold prices poll. Vote_lcap58%Two most popular gold prices poll. Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 19 ]
Two most popular gold prices poll. Vote_lcap3%Two most popular gold prices poll. Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 33

Poll closed

Two most popular gold prices poll. Empty Two most popular gold prices poll.

Post  igortv123 2011-03-28, 2:15 pm

Alot of people have been complaining, here it is.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Two most popular gold prices poll. Empty Re: Two most popular gold prices poll.

Post  ryuukazu 2011-03-28, 8:02 pm

I think people are worried about their money and gold that they already have worth only 10 coins when they sold it and now the gold is 100 coins. I think the map is getting reset and the money with it. It's like saying I have 100 Yen or 1 Dollar it's really the same thing. The up side to have higher currency is that things like dirt can have a lower value like 1coin and gold will be 100coins making it easier to use.
ryuukazu
ryuukazu

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-29, 7:58 am

ryuukazu wrote:I think people are worried about their money and gold that they already have worth only 10 coins when they sold it and now the gold is 100 coins. I think the map is getting reset and the money with it. It's like saying I have 100 Yen or 1 Dollar it's really the same thing. The up side to have higher currency is that things like dirt can have a lower value like 1coin and gold will be 100coins making it easier to use.

you "think the map is getting reset" no, dont start rumors or make uneducated assumptions. we have only been on this map for 4 weeks why would we reset the map?
"dirt can have a lower value like 1 coin" whos going to buy 1 dirt ever?, u can get dirt anywhere therefore dont need to have a price for 1 dirt.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-03-29, 2:13 pm

We're not making a price for dirt...why dont you understand this?
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-03-29, 3:59 pm

Not making a price for dirt?

Dirt is still a resource that people would by in large amounts (Chest fulls if you will)

I find having 100 for gold is good, because it makes you feel better when you see gold and mine it, 10 seems almost depressive and useless. Psychological reward systems...

4 weeks, yep sounds like it's time for a reset, just like the other 10 times. -.-
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-03-29, 4:16 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:Not making a price for dirt?

Dirt is still a resource that people would by in large amounts (Chest fulls if you will)

I find having 100 for gold is good, because it makes you feel better when you see gold and mine it, 10 seems almost depressive and useless. Psychological reward systems...

4 weeks, yep sounds like it's time for a reset, just like the other 10 times. -.-
Lol, I know. We all feel that way. We're not having a reset as far as I know. Also, he keeps thinking were going to be pricing each and every item. We're not.
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-29, 5:39 pm

Blind_Merc wrote:Not making a price for dirt?

yes people would buy dirt in large quantity, like i would pay 10 coins for a chest full of dirt, we dont need diversity like igor claims, im paying 10 coins, because a) someone has the supply (in this case a chest full of dirt he may or may not need) b) Someone put the labour in collecting the stacks of dirt c) i need the dirt (demand) , now if someone also needed the dirt i could raise my price. again if someone was trying to sell a stack of dirt which would be a fail supply shop if someone only had 1 stack of dirt as inventory chances are no one would buy it, so theres no need for diversity there. and again this would be an example of the most common items, anything that would be less common would just cost more.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-03-30, 1:27 pm

I think ryuu was just making an example for a low valued item, and it's the principal of being able to buy less of the low valued items that is the point of raising the price.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Diabloz 2011-03-30, 7:02 pm

i dont see why again, the towny plug in allows you to trade 0.001 of a coin, so theres no need since you can trade in decimal we should just leave it how it is, is all im saying.
Diabloz
Diabloz
Smart People's Club
Smart People's Club

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-03-30, 7:22 pm

Diabloz wrote:i dont see why again, the towny plug in allows you to trade 0.001 of a coin, so theres no need since you can trade in decimal we should just leave it how it is, is all im saying.

This... i dont understand why you guys want 100 "to have decimals places" when decimal places already exist.... so there is no reason to change the gold price, just deal with it. stop it with the "more is good mentallity"
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Transfatninja 2011-03-30, 8:10 pm

TheLolness wrote:
Diabloz wrote:i dont see why again, the towny plug in allows you to trade 0.001 of a coin, so theres no need since you can trade in decimal we should just leave it how it is, is all im saying.

This... i dont understand why you guys want 100 "to have decimals places" when decimal places already exist.... so there is no reason to change the gold price, just deal with it. stop it with the "more is good mentallity"
Really? It lets you trade .001 of a coin? That's honestly one of the weirdest implementation of a currency I've heard yet, as there's no equivalent in the currency to decimals of a coin. You can have fractions of dollars (aka cents), but not fractions of cents (except for at gas stations, but it's pretty much a given financial tomfoolery is afoot there...), know what I'm saying? Now imagine the entire currency is in cents only, but there's decimals for some reason...

Example with hypothetical prices:
"Selling iron pick 5.135 coins!"
"House for sale! 152.235 coins!"
*Urgh* That's a mess.

Anyways, towny's system (regardless of how strange their idea of currency is) is not what shall be used from Societies on out, as we're making one for Societies (with current currency converted over of course). We've been planning on going with a decimal based currency, 1 gold ingot to 100 coins, 100 coins to a "spade" (still not sure about this name, but HunterE's pretty set on it). Numbers would generally be lower than even now, no cumbersome decimals aside from X.Y spade prices easily expanded to "X spades and Y Coins". Still not nearly as messy as towny's kludge of a decimal system.
Transfatninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Soto_Black 2011-03-31, 5:28 am

Diabloz wrote:
ryuukazu wrote:I think people are worried about their money and gold that they already have worth only 10 coins when they sold it and now the gold is 100 coins. I think the map is getting reset and the money with it. It's like saying I have 100 Yen or 1 Dollar it's really the same thing. The up side to have higher currency is that things like dirt can have a lower value like 1coin and gold will be 100coins making it easier to use.

you "think the map is getting reset" no, dont start rumors or make uneducated assumptions. we have only been on this map for 4 weeks why would we reset the map?
"dirt can have a lower value like 1 coin" whos going to buy 1 dirt ever?, u can get dirt anywhere therefore dont need to have a price for 1 dirt.

No map reset. Just to put that to bed.
Soto_Black
Soto_Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-03-31, 8:52 am

Soto_Black wrote:
Diabloz wrote:

No map reset. Just to put that to bed.

Thank you.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLolness 2011-03-31, 1:37 pm

Transfatninja wrote:
TheLolness wrote:

Really? It lets you trade .001 of a coin? That's honestly one of the weirdest implementation of a currency I've heard yet, as there's no equivalent in the currency to decimals of a coin. You can have fractions of dollars (aka cents), but not fractions of cents (except for at gas stations, but it's pretty much a given financial tomfoolery is afoot there...), know what I'm saying? Now imagine the entire currency is in cents only, but there's decimals for some reason...

*Urgh* That's a mess.

Anyways, towny's system (regardless of how strange their idea of currency is) is not what shall be used from Societies on out, as we're making one for Societies (with current currency converted over of course). We've been planning on going with a decimal based currency, 1 gold ingot to 100 coins, 100 coins to a "spade" (still not sure about this name, but HunterE's pretty set on it). Numbers would generally be lower than even now, no cumbersome decimals aside from X.Y spade prices easily expanded to "X spades and Y Coins". Still not nearly as messy as towny's kludge of a decimal system.

yea but the only arguement you guys had was because theres no decimal places but there was so just get used to the decimal places it would make no sence for a mod to go out of there way to over complicate a economy o-o
TheLolness
TheLolness

Back to top Go down

Post  Transfatninja 2011-03-31, 7:09 pm

TheLolness wrote:
Transfatninja wrote:
TheLolness wrote:

*Urgh* That's a mess.

yea but the only arguement you guys had was because theres no decimal places but there was so just get used to the decimal places it would make no sence for a mod to go out of there way to over complicate a economy o-o

A currency with decimals is what towny is using, where a unit of currency can be traded using decimals, in towny's case the only unit. We're talking about a decimal based currency, where the currency is based around the number 100 and thus eliminates the need for having fractions of a coin. What we have now is similar to the Japanese yen; there isn't (or rather, shouldn't be) fractions of a unit of currency because there's no equivalent unit of currency. In Japan 1 yen is as low as you can go, there's no decimals, and no other units of currency. So how does Japan make price variation? Easy, single units of yen are worth relatively little, like what we're attempting to do by raising the exchange rate. Either that, or we go with a system based on the US dollar/the euro/ the British pound.

Towny's the mod that's going out of it's way to over complicate an economy, not Societies. There's absolutely no basis in reality for towny's system and it makes absolutely no sense. If anyone can show me any other established currency that uses towny's system and I'll drop my vote for the 100 exchange rate; show me a real life example and we'll keep the system for sure... good luck Wink

Last edited by Transfatninja on 2011-03-31, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for clarity)
Transfatninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-04-01, 1:08 am

Why not just x10 the amount of money people have in reserve now when switching over to x100? It'll be simple to keep track of and could probably be accomplished with a slight down time.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  skeletonboy 2011-04-01, 9:53 am

Raijouta wrote:Why not just x10 the amount of money people have in reserve now when switching over to x100? It'll be simple to keep track of and could probably be accomplished with a slight down time.

This is what ive been trying to tell people since the price change was proposed.
skeletonboy
skeletonboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-04-01, 1:09 pm

Raijouta wrote:Why not just x10 the amount of money people have in reserve now when switching over to x100? It'll be simple to keep track of and could probably be accomplished with a slight down time.
Good.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-04-01, 1:14 pm

Right now we are planning on selling players 1 gold ingots per 10 coins (the price we sold to you) and you can sell the ingots to a program chivers is working on for 100 coins. There is no way to simply x10 everyone money, we would have to do that math for each person and add the money to each players account.
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-04-01, 4:02 pm

^ That works just as well too, even better than my idea actually.

If it's permanent I can see it leading to some very interesting scenarios in the money supply of the server.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-04-02, 10:34 am

@ 4:15 the poll closes! (EST)
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Arkitek 2011-04-02, 11:37 am

ok I talked to soto yesterday, and apparently he can just add a 0 to the end of everyones money because all that info is stored in a text file. So it's not as big of a problem as chiver's and I had thought. =D
Arkitek
Arkitek

Back to top Go down

Post  igortv123 2011-04-02, 11:46 am

Arkitek wrote:ok I talked to soto yesterday, and apparently he can just add a 0 to the end of everyones money because all that info is stored in a text file. So it's not as big of a problem as chiver's and I had thought. =D
Hells yea!
igortv123
igortv123

Back to top Go down

Post  Applebeard 2011-04-02, 4:21 pm

Arkitek wrote:ok I talked to soto yesterday, and apparently he can just add a 0 to the end of everyones money because all that info is stored in a text file. So it's not as big of a problem as chiver's and I had thought. =D
big man Soto saves the day again ^_^. Boom.
Applebeard
Applebeard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down