The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking a break, time is undefined.

+8
Roflbeeb
MaxxOverdrive
Blind_Merc
ivanelk
T3hHippie
Toren
rhino600
draco222
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Taking a break, time is undefined. Empty Taking a break, time is undefined.

Post  draco222 2011-03-24, 7:38 pm

The title says it all. I don't see much of a reason to play atm. If someone tells me a reason, I'd be glad to join and cut my break.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Taking a break, time is undefined. Empty Re: Taking a break, time is undefined.

Post  rhino600 2011-03-24, 8:18 pm

Noooooooooo! Not another "leaving for unspecified amount of time" thread!
Then again besides from the website in-the-making thread, not much has been going on forum wise so maybe while things are being set-up, plugins altered, and things of that nature, it seems like a lot of people are leaving temporarily so things are really slowing to a crawl (at least that's what it seems like to me, correct me if I'm wrong).
*sigh* maybe all of you will come back when everything is back to the way it was before the 1.3 update, since from what I've seen the server was doing pretty good then.
rhino600
rhino600

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-03-24, 9:07 pm

draco222 wrote:The title says it all. I don't see much of a reason to play atm. If someone tells me a reason, I'd be glad to join and cut my break.

dont leave....no......one less person to raid D:

haha jk but i hope you come back in the future Very Happy
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-03-24, 10:36 pm

I think many of the players that played during the start of 2.0 are just waiting till they get the server totally fixed and good to use, at least thats what I am doing. I also have De Blob 2 to play so yeah..
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-25, 12:25 am

T3hHippie wrote:I think many of the players that played during the start of 2.0 are just waiting till they get the server totally fixed and good to use, at least thats what I am doing. I also have De Blob 2 to play so yeah..
Meh, I personally think this all went down hill when every kingdom broke apart and such. Without around 3 factions, the game is kind of a drag. I thought it was fun having a war between the legion and the pirates (not the war itself but the whole killing each other stuff), and this kind of fighting pretty much was destroyed with rp. I am not bashing role playing necessarily, but it is intruding a lot on the current gameplay. That being said role playing adds an aspect, but I think it is a tad ridiculous the way it is now. I get the whole avoid murdering people, but first, this game has no method of restraining someone otherwise. Second, this pretty much negates and hostility between major factions or towns. And there is no where in role playing that factions can just kill its other members on sight. Maybe they should know for a fact they are part of the opponents faction, but if you want to dive deeper into this aspect then each faction maybe should have some sort of symbol on their skins. It is looking like this is not really improving the server right now.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-03-25, 1:49 am

T3hHippie wrote:I think many of the players that played during the start of 2.0 are just waiting till they get the server totally fixed and good to use, at least thats what I am doing. I also have De Blob 2 to play so yeah..

I know I am.

What amazes me is that we've reset 3 times already and neither of the 3 games had been completed. >.<
I still feel as if this is only version 2.3 or something.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-25, 8:36 am

Blind_Merc wrote:

I know I am.

What amazes me is that we've reset 3 times already and neither of the 3 games had been completed. >.<
I still feel as if this is only version 2.3 or something.
*cough*4*cough*
Then again I considered 1.0 to be completed as the map was pretty much filled up.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-03-25, 9:28 am

ivanelk wrote:
Meh, I personally think this all went down hill when every kingdom broke apart and such. Without around 3 factions, the game is kind of a drag. I thought it was fun having a war between the legion and the pirates (not the war itself but the whole killing each other stuff), and this kind of fighting pretty much was destroyed with rp. I am not bashing role playing necessarily, but it is intruding a lot on the current gameplay. That being said role playing adds an aspect, but I think it is a tad ridiculous the way it is now. I get the whole avoid murdering people, but first, this game has no method of restraining someone otherwise. Second, this pretty much negates and hostility between major factions or towns. And there is no where in role playing that factions can just kill its other members on sight. Maybe they should know for a fact they are part of the opponents faction, but if you want to dive deeper into this aspect then each faction maybe should have some sort of symbol on their skins. It is looking like this is not really improving the server right now.

The slope your describing is likely coming more from the delay in Societies' release than from the "disbanding" of the kingdoms, the lack of PvP, or the enforcing of RP. I don't think any one kingdom has "officially" disbanded (the leaders may have stepped down, but most of the members of those factions still try to hold things together), but most of the players are just taking breaks from the server, and minecraft in general, until the mod is released.
Once Societies is up, I think most of the people who dropped off will come back, and the server will become active once again.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-25, 10:26 am

Possibly, but we won't really know until the plug in is released.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-03-25, 6:01 pm

It's true... I just want to wait until the mods come back up and primarily until my faction members actually play.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-03-25, 7:54 pm

I hate to say it, but we probably need to remove the ability to create towns and just allow kingdoms to be made. After all, it is called "The Kingdoms"! The small towns are just taking away from the kingdoms and ruining the team based gameplay.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-03-25, 8:02 pm

@Rofl Thats what I thought, however maybe if we tweaked their power, and their title. They should be called something like outposts, or something like that. No better than towns, though.
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-03-26, 1:11 am

Villages?

Pillage the Village?
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-26, 12:48 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:I hate to say it, but we probably need to remove the ability to create towns and just allow kingdoms to be made. After all, it is called "The Kingdoms"! The small towns are just taking away from the kingdoms and ruining the team based gameplay.
They did this and it worked well, this is why we don't have any kingdoms anymore.
By giving the vagabonds (I may refer to then as nomads from now on) the power to create towns, they and their 2 other friends group together in a house or such instead of joining a kingdom where they would be together just not in charge.

However, if said group of nomads was something like 9 or so people they could successfully make a kingdom by having a big enough group of people.

There is no problem with making houses and such, but the fact they get towny blocks gives no incentive for joining a kingdom.

I think we should have the bandits back. Have something like 5 kingdoms (wide variety of playing styles and such) then a bandit town that CAN do all the things like raiding and the like.

Having the nomads set up how they are right now isn't adding to that experience of teamwork, there is nothing past some extra towny blocks and a colored name to entice someone to join a kingdom and I think that is the mistake.

But, I am not donating nor paying for this server to run so my say doesn't really matter. This server has definitely changed and I don't believe the major changes were really polled by the community, so it doesn't seem like we get much of a way of getting suggestions in or maybe deciding what we like.

Oh and before someone jumps on me for the last few sentences, I don't care where the server goes and do not care where it is now, I just think there should have been more of the community's say on some of these matters.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Transfatninja 2011-03-26, 2:40 pm

Poll for giving vagabonds ability to claim land:
https://minecraftthekingdom.forumotion.com/t180-a-new-game-mechanic

While it's really the only example I could find of community polling for a major change, it just so happens to be relevant to the discussion on ability to make towns/villages. At the time of polling, the support was overwhelming in favor; it looks like the support has cooled a bit since it was actually changed... Pretty much shows that polling's not quite as effective as actually testing the systems and then gauging response, but it does have it's merits.

Some ways to fix the town system would be to make kingdoms more enticing to join/create, or possibly remove towns altogether. From a systematic standpoint, I'd prefer the first. This way towns would be a gateway to kingdoms rather than replacing them, it's easier to gather followers slowly and grow a town than require ten followers from the start. There would just have to be more of a reason to gather a following/join a town or kingdom for this to work.

However, rest assured that I'll be polling for any major changes & additions that fall under my dominion; as I said, it does have it's merits. Since I'm not as tied up with coding nor maintenance as HunterE or Soto, respectively, I pretty much double as the PR guy of the dev team, so expect plenty of polls; with everything HunterE wants to do, we'll need the feedback...
Transfatninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-03-26, 4:10 pm

I say we remove independent towns. Before you start yelling at me, hear me out.

Removing all towns not affiliated with a kingdom will "force" them to join one for protection. Once in a kingdom, they can go out and make towns for their kingdom. Everyone's happy!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-03-26, 4:32 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:I say we remove independent towns. Before you start yelling at me, hear me out.

Removing all towns not affiliated with a kingdom will "force" them to join one for protection. Once in a kingdom, they can go out and make towns for their kingdom. Everyone's happy!

I think you're on the wrong server.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-03-26, 5:52 pm

No... if I was on the wrong server, I would have noticed by now, considering I've been here for 4ish months.
Seriously, it was just a suggestion. Go be an ass somewhere else.
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-26, 6:19 pm

They definitely did it for a few things I am well aware, but a lot of the rp stuff wasn't.
That is the only one that pertains to this discussion really that exists.
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  KhaosLeper 2011-03-26, 6:42 pm

See I'm gathering people and then turning into a Kingdom. But I based this idea around how Societies is going to work to where once you do have enough you automatically become a kingdom. I've yet to do any towny 1)because I can't afford it 2)because it won't last.
KhaosLeper

Back to top Go down

Post  GeorgeH 2011-03-26, 7:14 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:No... if I was on the wrong server, I would have noticed by now, considering I've been here for 4ish months.

Now you're being an ass. It was meant as a light hearted jibe.
GeorgeH
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sevyn 2011-03-26, 8:11 pm

GeorgeH wrote:
Roflbeeb wrote:No... if I was on the wrong server, I would have noticed by now, considering I've been here for 4ish months.

That's really weird because I thought you were being an ass. My bad. *shrug

Everyone chill down now.
Sevyn
Sevyn

Back to top Go down

Post  draco222 2011-03-26, 8:25 pm

My thread is being turned into a flame war... perhaps this has gone offtopic...
draco222
draco222

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-03-26, 9:37 pm

Sevyn wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:

Everyone chill down now.
Dude its george how in the world could you take one of his comments negatively.
This was a fun thread.
Inb4lock
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-03-26, 9:52 pm

ivanelk wrote:
Sevyn wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:

Everyone chill down now.
Dude its george how in the world could you take one of his comments negatively.
This was a fun thread.
Inb4lock
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next