Market Thread? [Request]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should we have a market thread?

65% 65% 
[ 13 ]
15% 15% 
[ 3 ]
20% 20% 
[ 4 ]
 
Total Votes : 20

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  igortv123 on 2011-03-24, 6:15 pm

DarwinAssist wrote:Yea that would be great if you could make a thread on this sevyn. I would also like to be a moderator on it if that is OK with you. And as for the standard I was thinking that all the prices would be based on a diamond as 100 coins, but gold would still be 10 coins just for the purpose of generating coins. It will make gold not worth as much compared to other things but at the same time if we base it off of 10 per a gold the its going to everything is going to be like 1 coin.
Well think about it. If diamond is 100, and gold is 10, that is highly unporportional. Gold is slightly less rare then diamond, so it should be between the range of 60-80 coins. (Spelling? On all that?)
avatar
igortv123

Posts : 507
Points : 686
Join date : 2010-12-18
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  DarwinAssist on 2011-03-24, 6:19 pm

Yea but gold is the only resource that you can exchange for coins so if you had it at 80 that the amount of coins in the economy would skyrocket. Also I believe that they want us to keep the exchange of gold for coins the same. This basically makes it so that gold only has worth because you can always get coins for were as it can be hard to trade for coins a lot of times. Besides there is no use for gold so even though it is rare this still gives it more value then it had before.

DarwinAssist

Posts : 106
Points : 119
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  ­ on 2011-03-24, 6:28 pm

The price of diamonds doesn't matter to me much, as I will always have a better price than anyone else, so long as it is cost efficient to me and my gatherings. I think that prices should have a single base, yet not the kind of base that would bring on to low prices for everything. Also, people who judge their work and selling prices should not stray to far from the price of the base. Say for instance the people selling homes in the spawn town. The homes should not cost so much if the base is 10 coins, as it would take far to long for anyone to get enough money and they would probably rather make their own homes.

_________________
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free! You are a pirate!
avatar
­
Admin

Posts : 283
Points : 775
Join date : 2010-12-07
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  igortv123 on 2011-03-24, 6:43 pm

Shigan wrote:The price of diamonds doesn't matter to me much, as I will always have a better price than anyone else, so long as it is cost efficient to me and my gatherings. I think that prices should have a single base, yet not the kind of base that would bring on to low prices for everything. Also, people who judge their work and selling prices should not stray to far from the price of the base. Say for instance the people selling homes in the spawn town. The homes should not cost so much if the base is 10 coins, as it would take far to long for anyone to get enough money and they would probably rather make their own homes.
This too, I'll just be making base prices. People are free to charge whatever they want (beating competition), but they'll be sure to keep it within reason, or no one will buy it.
avatar
igortv123

Posts : 507
Points : 686
Join date : 2010-12-18
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  hankypanky7 on 2011-03-25, 8:13 am

"Setting" trade values might be a bad idea. In most markets (all the ones I know), the currency is set via one good and all other goods are derived from that price setting.

Say you start using diamonds to set the trade value (which I agree with). 1 Diamond is...say...100 coins. That's all you need to do. If a diamond is worth, say, a stack of iron, then a stack or iron will start selling for around 100 coins. If one diamond is worth 2 stacks of wood, then a stack of wood will go for about 50 coins. Get the idea?

Using gold doesn't work well, because not everyone values gold. Some people might, but I personally have no use for gold, so why would I confide in a currency based on gold? I'd do better to just trade my diamonds directly and avoid all the hassle of going from diamonds to the gold currency, and then from the currency to whatever I am trading for, all the while unsure of whether or not anyone else will care for my gold currency. Modern currencies were backed with gold because gold was one of the most common things traded back then, and most everyone knew what the value of an object was in terms of gold. In minecraft, I think it's safe to say that most players trade with diamonds, and that most players have a good idea of what other things are worth in terms of diamonds. For this reason, I think it would be better to use diamonds, at least for now, as a means of setting the currency.

If you meant making a guide, so that newcomers have a general idea of how much each of these things tend to go for in game, that might be a good idea. Every player values materials differently, so prices will reflect the combined demand of the players instead of one person's demand (As well as supply, but that's a lesson I'm not yet certified to give Razz)

hankypanky7

Posts : 13
Points : 16
Join date : 2010-12-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  skeletonboy on 2011-03-25, 10:47 am

Gold is important as it is the only thing that can be sold to the spawn shop, and so the only way of bringing coins into the economy.
avatar
skeletonboy

Posts : 223
Points : 238
Join date : 2010-12-20
Age : 24
Location : Southampton, UK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  GeorgeH on 2011-03-25, 11:44 am

hankypanky7 wrote:"Setting" trade values might be a bad idea. In most markets (all the ones I know), the currency is set via one good and all other goods are derived from that price setting.

Say you start using diamonds to set the trade value (which I agree with). 1 Diamond is...say...100 coins. That's all you need to do. If a diamond is worth, say, a stack of iron, then a stack or iron will start selling for around 100 coins. If one diamond is worth 2 stacks of wood, then a stack of wood will go for about 50 coins. Get the idea?

---Snip---


The above is what I would like to see. Once a standard is established, be it gold or diamonds, the coinage value of other goods will fall naturally in place. What is needed initially is a table that sets the relative value of all tradable goods. From there actual prices will vary according to market needs, not a central authority. If there is a perceived need to manipulate the economy then simply adjust the value of the gold (or diamond) standard.

This isn't the real world and it would be impossible to establish an economic model based on it. In my view that means keeping it relatively simple.

GeorgeH
Admin

Posts : 56
Points : 72
Join date : 2010-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  igortv123 on 2011-03-25, 2:27 pm

After reading this, I might just make a price for gold only, as that is the ore that can be traded for coins. Then people can price their items accordingly, while beating their competitors. Now all I need is to find a base price for that, so the market can get started. I might make a poll, the see what everyone thinks what the base price should be.
avatar
igortv123

Posts : 507
Points : 686
Join date : 2010-12-18
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  Sevyn on 2011-03-25, 7:20 pm

igortv123 wrote:
DarwinAssist wrote:Yea that would be great if you could make a thread on this sevyn. I would also like to be a moderator on it if that is OK with you. And as for the standard I was thinking that all the prices would be based on a diamond as 100 coins, but gold would still be 10 coins just for the purpose of generating coins. It will make gold not worth as much compared to other things but at the same time if we base it off of 10 per a gold the its going to everything is going to be like 1 coin.
Well think about it. If diamond is 100, and gold is 10, that is highly unporportional. Gold is slightly less rare then diamond, so it should be between the range of 60-80 coins. (Spelling? On all that?)

I'll let you two figure this out on the newly established TRADING FORUM!

_________________
Official Kingdoms Public Relations Moderator
And to prove this posts worth, I typed this all on my phone. -Cypranex
NO I AM HABIT -MaxxOverdrive
*facedesk* -AdrianRedd

The UK has always been my back-up plan. The exchange rate for USD - Euros is quite high right now. -Cypranex

The awkward moment when you try to spend Euros in the UK -Nathias

Best described as Lawful Chaotic.
avatar
Sevyn

Posts : 944
Points : 1259
Join date : 2010-12-20
Location : Right behind you, watching you grief.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  igortv123 on 2011-03-25, 9:31 pm

Sevyn wrote:
igortv123 wrote:
DarwinAssist wrote:Yea that would be great if you could make a thread on this sevyn. I would also like to be a moderator on it if that is OK with you. And as for the standard I was thinking that all the prices would be based on a diamond as 100 coins, but gold would still be 10 coins just for the purpose of generating coins. It will make gold not worth as much compared to other things but at the same time if we base it off of 10 per a gold the its going to everything is going to be like 1 coin.
Well think about it. If diamond is 100, and gold is 10, that is highly unporportional. Gold is slightly less rare then diamond, so it should be between the range of 60-80 coins. (Spelling? On all that?)

I'll let you two figure this out on the newly established TRADING FORUM!
Darwin can only help if he stops killin my god damn customers..
avatar
igortv123

Posts : 507
Points : 686
Join date : 2010-12-18
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  DarwinAssist on 2011-03-25, 9:57 pm

I am sorry but that is not your decision. If you can't sort out in game things from the forums I suggest you leave one of them.

DarwinAssist

Posts : 106
Points : 119
Join date : 2010-12-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  igortv123 on 2011-03-25, 10:04 pm

DarwinAssist wrote:I am sorry but that is not your decision. If you can't sort out in game things from the forums I suggest you leave one of them.
Kidding, seesh
avatar
igortv123

Posts : 507
Points : 686
Join date : 2010-12-18
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Market Thread? [Request]

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum