The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft!

4 posters

Go down

Was my guide helpful?

Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_lcap22%Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_lcap11%Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_lcap11%Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_lcap22%Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_lcap33%Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 9

Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Empty Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft!

Post  T3hHippie 2011-02-19, 6:51 pm

Come one, come all to the fabulous guide of FASTNESS! I am here today to tell you the ultimate way(s) of making Minecraft faster. I believe EVERTHING in this guide works with ALL operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux, etc...) but if I am wrong please correct me. The reason why I created this guide is to help YOU out, and also I had to find and use every single thing out there to help make Minecraft run faster on my computer that is a PIECE OF SHI...itake mushrooms.

Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Shiita10

So, shall we start?

Programs:

1) Advanced system care: Advanced System care V3 (safe): http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html
Advanced System care V4 (Beta-may not be safe): http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=8568
Free registry repair and cleaner--Advanced SystemCare Free. What does it help? Slow down, freeze, crash and security threats are over. Advanced SystemCare Free is a comprehensive PC care utility that takes an one-click approach to help protect, repair and optimize your computer. Scanning and finding what other utilities miss, it can keep your PC error-free and smooth than ever. This fantastic program is available free of charge. Why Advanced SystemCare Free? New PC Performance--Do you remember the feeling of a brand new PC when you first bought it? Why not try Advanced SystemCare Free, a free PC tune-up utility that focuses on the performance of your PC. Computer Crashes without Reason--Have you ever encountered your PC crashes and you even did not know why. After months or years of using your PC, there might be plenty of changes, which added burdens to your PC but never get cleaned. What Advanced SystemCare Free does is to clean the stuffs that are left over and clean craps to make your PC neat and clean. Registry Repairing and Cleaning--As an elementary part to a PC, if it does not working well, then your computer will be in big trouble. What does Advanced SystemCare Free do? It cleans the records which is unnecessary to your PC but makes the PC running slow and produces troubles. It also repair parts that are missing and make the PC complete.

2) Game Booster 2: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
Designed to help optimize your PC for smoother, more responsive game play in the latest PC games with the touch of a button, Game Booster helps achieve the performance edge previously only available to highly technical enthusiasts. It works by temporarily shutting down background processes, cleaning RAM, and intensifying processor performance. That means you can keep all the features of Microsoft Windows Vista and XP ready for when you need them, but turn them off when you are ready to get down to serious business - gaming. Game Booster makes it simpler to enjoy the latest games and take your experience to a new level.

In-Game Options:

3) In-game Minecraft options: Minecraft game, if you didn't know that options existed I here by give you this trophy.
Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Trophy10

Render distance: Instead of having far sight go to: normal, short, or tiny.
3D Anaglyph: Turn it off, who plays Minecraft in 3D anyways...
View bobbing: Turn it off
Limit Framerate: Turn it on
Graphics: Instead of Fancy, turn it to fast
Music: Turn you music off, it does make a difference.

Minecraft Mods:
For these mods you need Risugami's Mod Loader, get it here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=80246

4) Optimine v3 (FPS Boost): http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=132717
This makes your minecraft a whole lot better, I'm not sure what it does really but it improves FPS, especially for slower computers.

5) McRegion v5: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=120160
This mod optimizes how chunks are stored on the disk, meaning pauses to load or save a chunk as you move around a world become much shorter and less noticeable.

Other/General:

-Make your computer perform better, this only works for windows users I believe...
Go to: Start/Control Panel/System/Advanced system settins/performance settings and then click "Adjust for best performance"
- Get a lower quality texture pack such as 16x16, 32x32, 64x64, etc.. don't get a 254x254 you need a $10k computer for that stuff.
- Turn off un-used applications and process so you have more RAM and CPU space available.
-Go to task manager( Ctrl-ALT-Delete), Right click Javaw.exe in processes, set priority to high, affinity to one CPU only. - Thanks to Warthog
-Upgrade your computer: get more RAM, a better CPU, a better VIDEO CARD.

I hope this guide helps you out. Live long, and play minecraft. Also if you have something to add just post it and it will be added.

cheers cheers cheers Wink Wink

Last edited by T3hHippie on 2011-02-19, 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Empty Re: Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft!

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-19, 7:10 pm

Something I read somewhere:

Go to task manager, Ctrl Alt Del,

Right click Javaw.exe in processes, set priority to high, affinity to one CPU only.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft! Empty Re: Hear ye, Hear ye though shall now have faster Minecraft!

Post  Roflbeeb 2011-02-19, 8:19 pm

Thanks! This really helped add some extra frames per second!
Roflbeeb
Roflbeeb

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-19, 8:47 pm

Roflbeeb wrote:Thanks! This really helped add some extra frames per second!

Weird, I almost read this as sarcasm. It just sounds like it, in a way.

"Thanks! I got a raise for $0.02!"
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-02-19, 9:22 pm

2 cents is 2 cents. Say you make $10 an hour your whole life and work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and you work for 30 years, thats...

8x5 = 40
40 x 4 = 160
160 x 12 = 1920 hours a year you work
1920 x 30 = 57600
10.00 x 57600 = 576000
10.02 x 57600 = 577152
= $1152

it all adds up in the end

EDIT: wait why did i do this?

T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-19, 9:30 pm

T3hHippie wrote:2 cents is 2 cents. Say you make $10 an hour your whole life and work 8 hours a day 5 days a week and you work for 30 years, thats...

8x5 = 40
40 x 4 = 160
160 x 12 = 1920 hours a year you work
1920 x 30 = 57600
10.00 x 57600 = 576000
10.02 x 57600 = 577152
= $1152

it all adds up in the end

EDIT: wait why did i do this?

No idea, but it was quite interesting...
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down