The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brotherhood of Magma

+14
KevinNightfire
gpperka
Cypranex
TheWhippetgood
thewarthog
Disto
t3h1337builder
Hazzy
epicotep
Dementor
RevolutionBeginz
T3hHippie
h0witzer
Raijouta
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Brotherhood of Magma Empty The Brotherhood of Magma

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-09, 6:40 pm

Strike the Earth.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110213234223.th

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110213233836.th

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110213234159.th

The sun. The ocean. Cool breeze. The forest. The Brotherhood rejects all these. We favor the glint and sparkle of diamond to the piercing light of day. We favor toiling down in the covers of earth to breaking your back under the sun. We favor the hiss and the heat of magma, to the gloom and quiet desperation of the city.

We are Miners first and foremost.

The Brotherhood is entirely subterranean. Indeed, we scorn the surface, except to trade with others. We gather minerals and metals from the deep places untouched by man's hand, and work them into things of beauty and utility. We do not seek to stand out among The Kingdoms; instead, we lurk deep below, never to be discovered by outsiders.

We are made up of far-flung halls and mines. The Brotherhood is many. Each Hall has its own tree, wheat, cactus and reed farms, as well as terrariums for animal spawns. Monster grinders feature in our designs, allowing swift gatherance of scarce materials. Each Hall features storage, crafting and smelting rooms, where we store and work the fruits of our labor. As well, each Brother or Sister is entitled to his or her own personalized room within the Hall, as well as a personal cache of minerals and other items. Put 'happenstance' somewhere in your post if you're interested in joining. The Halls will be inter-connected by a network of railroads, allowing for rapid travel between them, and deployment of Brothers, or escape, should it be necessary.

Each Hall will be overseen by a Warden, who reports to me on the day-to-day activities within their Hall. Wardens will only oversee particularly large halls. In the initial stages of the Brotherhood, we shall begin with one Hall, and I will be its Warden. Once we feel ready to expand, I will name the next Warden, and remain the leader of the central Hall.

On the subject of international relations, the Brotherhood does not seek war with others. However, should others seek war with us, assure yourself that we will not take kindly to it. The Brotherhood is not afraid to assert itself should it be necessary. We hope for peace, and prepare for war.

The Brotherhood seeks dedicated miners, redstone workers, railroad men and women, and expert trappers, for purposes that will be elaborated on later.

The requirements to become a Brother include, but are not limited to:

1. Maturity. Do not provoke another without warrant. This means do not needlessly insult, harass, or otherwise annoy someone.

2. Fraternity. Above all, respect your fellow man; do not provoke your Brother or Sister, and should they need help, please provide them with it if possible.

3. Secrecy. Do not fraternize with members of other factions. Keep to yourself and to your Brothers.

4. Responsibility. Should you compromise one of the Halls, either by leaving an entrance to the surface open, or by other means, rest assured that you will feel the wrath of the Brotherhood.

5. Be into your role. For instance, the Brotherhood uses primarily stone and masonry for decoration. For a personal room, wood is acceptable, but please do not seek to re-decorate the entire Hall. As well, do not spend more time than necessary above ground. If you need to make frequent trips to the surface for fresh air, this is not the faction for you. That said, we will have to have people make periodic trips into the City for trade, as well as an Embassy in the City for folk interested in joining, or seeing what we are about.

Above all, I expect Brothers and Sisters to dig greedily, and dig deep.

The rewards for being a Brother are great and many. Security, wealth, health, brotherhood, and overall quality of life are just some of what we offer.

If you wish to join and have read the whole post, please fill out the following:

1. What is your name in-game?

2. If different from the above, what do you prefer to be called?

3. Why are you joining this faction?

4. How old are you? Be honest.

5. Do you have any special skills, regarding redstone, trapping, railroading, etc?

6. What would you best describe your envisioned role in the Brotherhood as? Namely do you want to be a miner, a farmer, a railroadman, etc.?

7. You find a large cave system. What do you do immediately, and what do you do in the future?

8. You find that another faction is making tunnels near one of our Halls. What is your first course of action?

9. A Brother is digging out someone else's room, and when you question him, he swears at you and tells you to mind your own business. How do you respond?

10. You need to go above ground. You are in one of the Halls, which is set on layer 10. How do you do it and what do you do with the exit?

Don't forget what I said regarding certain special words that you may wish to include in your post.

I thank you for your time. If you are interested in joining, in addition to this thread, please also post in this thread to show support.

Last edited by Raijouta on 2011-02-15, 4:55 pm; edited 7 times in total
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

The Brotherhood of Magma Empty Re: The Brotherhood of Magma

Post  h0witzer 2011-01-09, 11:08 pm

If I weren't already committed to D'Igor I would definitely join this kingdom. So if D'Igor ever dies or splits up I'll happily send my application.
h0witzer

Back to top Go down

Post  T3hHippie 2011-01-11, 2:49 pm

h0witzer wrote:If I weren't already committed to D'Igor I would definitely join this kingdom. So if D'Igor ever dies or splits up I'll happily send my application.

Ill do the same thing
T3hHippie
T3hHippie

Back to top Go down

Post  h0witzer 2011-01-16, 11:39 pm

Well it seems as though Habit has been banned for having too much fun on the temp server, if he gets unbanned consider this application null and void.

1. h0witzer

2. Lazy people are gonna type out "h0w" anyways...

3. See above

4. 15

5. I can lay a fair trap if I want to. I'm also pretty adept with redstone.

6. Subterranean Architect

7. Torch the hell out of it on the right side looking for minerals, when I believe it is exhausted I will take the torches down and remove any trace of Brotherhood presence there.

8. Seal off the part of the hall that is being encroached upon, kill the intruder when they break through, set up a TNT pressure plate in their entrance, fill thier tunnel with smoothstone and create a false tunnel leading away from the brotherhood that leads to a lava pitfall followed by a sharp turn and a dead end. If they don't piss themselves by the end of all that then I'll have failed.

9. In this happenstance situation I have no recourse except to kill him with the diamond sword I have received from mining to stop his progress and calmly report him to a mod.

10. Find an exit; I cannot stand people who dirt tower anywhere above or below ground. If there were no exit then I'd resort to a smoothstone tower, as smoothstone would be on hand most of the time in this faction, and it blends in.
h0witzer

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-18, 6:44 pm

Some pictures of the proposed bases:

This one shows the tree farm entrance and also the lighting system with magma.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173624.th

Here we see the main base and some of the blocks used to construct it. Notice the variety between smooth stone, cobble, sand stone and stone slabs, as well as glass.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173517.th

This screen shot reflects an example of a personal room. By no means does your room have to be constructed out of sand stone; this is just an example. However, I would like to see the rooms restricted to 25 square blocks in size for the interest of space conservation.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173747.th

That said, should you wish to make your room longer or wider at a risk of sacrificing height, you may do so. That means you could have a 6x4 or 7x3 room should you choose. Ultimately, we will decide dimensions once the main Hall has been built satisfiably.

This screenshot goes to show some of the architecture of the halls branching away from the main hall, which in this case leads to the personal rooms:

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173800.th

More screenshots coming soon.

Last edited by Raijouta on 2011-01-28, 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  RevolutionBeginz 2011-01-23, 2:27 pm

1. RevolutionBeginz

2. Rev is ok and shorter

3. Well, I always liked the idea of living entierly underground and to have a nice, big self-sustained and helpfull community.

4. 15

5. I am very good at following orders and building, i am also a good miner, architect and scout/hunter.

6. Underground Architect/Miner

7. Secure the cave with torches to prevent mobs and then call some brotherhood miners to mine the hell out of the cave and after it is hollowed out we vanish and leave no trace.

8. See if the tresspasser doesnt find the Brotherhood and then kill happenstance im stealthy or let im go (cause i didnt discovered us). After that communicate to a superior and place some countermeasures in the tresspasser tunnel.

9. Simple. Kill him. Report him.

10. Make a tunel away from the hall and then go out and seal the tunnel in order to maintain the brotherhood hidden.

cannt join now, perhaps one day
RevolutionBeginz
RevolutionBeginz

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-28, 5:22 pm

Updated main post, as well as some more details in photography post.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-01-28, 5:43 pm

Raijouta wrote:Some pictures of the proposed bases:

This one shows the tree farm entrance and also the lighting system with magma.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173624.th

Here we see the main base and some of the blocks used to construct it. Notice the variety between smooth stone, cobble, sand stone and stone slabs, as well as glass.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173517.th

This screen shot reflects an example of a personal room. By no means does your room have to be constructed out of sand stone; this is just an example. However, I would like to see the rooms restricted to 25 square blocks in size for the interest of space conservation.

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173747.th

That said, should you wish to make your room longer or wider at a risk of sacrificing height, you may do so. That means you could have a 6x4 or 7x3 room should you choose. Ultimately, we will decide dimensions once the main Hall has been built satisfiably.

This screenshot goes to show some of the architecture of the halls branching away from the main hall, which in this case leads to the personal rooms:

The Brotherhood of Magma 20110118173800.th

Nice job!!!!!!!!It's looks awesome!
More screenshots coming soon.
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

The Brotherhood of Magma Empty mining is my life

Post  epicotep 2011-01-30, 12:04 am

nar scratch this ok

Last edited by epicotep on 2011-01-30, 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gona go on my own for a wile)
epicotep

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-01-30, 2:17 am

h0witzer wrote:If I weren't already committed to D'Igor I would definitely join this kingdom. So if D'Igor ever dies or splits up I'll happily send my application.

The irony in this post oozes out. Sad
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-01-30, 3:21 am

Hazzy wrote:

The irony in this post oozes out. Sad

Laughing Expect more pictures soon, I've been working hard on the base on the new server.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

The Brotherhood of Magma Empty application

Post  t3h1337builder 2011-02-07, 12:23 pm

1. t3h1337builder

2. t3h, 1337, or builder, those are what ppl call me

3. cause you asked me to in game! and it sounds cool

4. 14

5. im okay with redstone, not particularly good at trapping, railroads are a waste of iron i think

6. miner/farmer/concept engineer

7. make sure you know where the cave started, start lighting it up, then mine

8. ask them nicely to stop, if they refuse, kill em

9. you will stop, or we will kill you and ban you from our halls

10. mine a small 2x2 staircase and then cover it up

HAPPENSTANCE!

Last edited by t3h1337builder on 2011-02-17, 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
t3h1337builder
t3h1337builder

Back to top Go down

Post  Disto 2011-02-07, 5:12 pm

1. What is your name in-game? : Disto

2. If different from the above, what do you prefer to be called? : I think Disto is short enought.

3. Why are you joining this faction? : I'm joining this faction because that's the kind of faction i want to be part of. In deed, i love calm/organised kingdom. Plus I love mining.

4. How old are you? Be honest. : 16

5. Do you have any special skills, regarding redstone, trapping, railroading, etc? : I'm able to make effective and organised mine. I have some basic skills in redstone and trapping (door circuit etc...). I know how to fight well.

6. What would you best describe your envisioned role in the Brotherhood as? Namely do you want to be a miner, a farmer, a railroadman, etc.? : Miner/guard

7. You find a large cave system. What do you do immediately, and what do you do in the future? : If I have a sword on me I would clear it and put torches everywhere, if not I would grad a sword and then do the samething. after, I would mine all the iron/gold/diamond

8. You find that another faction is making tunnels near one of our Halls. What is your first course of action? : I would report to the warden and do what he says.

9. A Brother is digging out someone else's room, and when you question him, he swears at you and tells you to mind your own business. How do you respond? : I would warn him and I would report it to the warden.

10. You need to go above ground. You are in one of the Halls, which is set on layer 10. How do you do it and what do you do with the exit? : I would use the exit and seal it off. If there isnt any exit I would make a 2x1 hole to the surface( Never dig straight up nor straight down) and I would seal it afterwards

I have to say that I'm not a native english speaker. My reading comprehension is perfect and my writing skill is quite good.happenstance.
Disto
Disto

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-07, 6:05 pm

From here on out, I'm going to call you "I think Disto is short enough."
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  TheWhippetgood 2011-02-07, 7:23 pm

thewarthog wrote:From here on out, I'm going to call you "I think Disto is short enough."

man i wish i had a nick name as cool as 'I think Disto is Short enough'
TheWhippetgood
TheWhippetgood

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-14, 12:53 am

New pictures.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Dementor 2011-02-15, 4:30 pm

nice sig!(Mt.Etma ?)
Dementor
Dementor

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-15, 4:54 pm

I dunno, I pulled it from Google, but thanks. Smile
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-16, 5:17 pm

Aagh! I'm stuck between joining this, becoming a vagabond, or staying with the Legion. All of them are so cool tho!!!
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-16, 5:22 pm

If you join the Magma, be sure to edit your lore story Very Happy

PS. I liked it ._.
Not that I liked the death part. I'm not a sadist.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Raijouta 2011-02-17, 3:51 pm

The Brotherhood would welcome any and all who wish to join once they fill out an application.
Raijouta
Raijouta

Back to top Go down

The Brotherhood of Magma Empty to join

Post  gpperka 2011-02-17, 7:04 pm

Gunder22
22 maybe
it sounds really fun+ 1 of my friends from school is trying to join
i dont really know if im good at anything, not redstone, maybe building
builder/miner/guard
1.look for resources and mine them2. later mark it and tell other what was found there
tell warden and watch for people coming
tell warden and tell owner of room
go to corner and make staircase to top and cover entrance with dirt fill up on way down
happenstance
gpperka

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypranex 2011-02-27, 3:57 pm

DUE TO NUMEROUS MISTAKES, I FEEL OBLIGED TO SAY THAT THIS WAS ONLY FOR THE PREVIOUS TEMP SERVER.

Cypranex

I prefer Cypranex

The once mighty Revolutionary Legion is dead. I feel the need to dig down and escape from the horrors of the surface.
Also, I've always wanted to join you.

5. Do you have any special skills, regarding redstone, trapping, railroading, etc?
I'm a PVPer, first and foremost. I can make a decent railroad (don't know anything about the Craftbook side though) and traps are in my disposal.

6. What would you best describe your envisioned role in the Brotherhood as? Namely do you want to be a miner, a farmer, a railroadman, etc.?
I would like to be a guardian/bodyguard to Raijouta, as I have not the patience nor ingenuity involved in mining.

7. You find a large cave system. What do you do immediately, and what do you do in the future?
I first tell Raijouta or another Warden, and then gather all the materials that are easily seen from the walls. In the future I might convert it to a bunker for war of I will fill it up if it proves a danger to us, such as if it makes it possible to negotiate a way through towny boundaries.

8. You find that another faction is making tunnels near one of our Halls. What is your first course of action?
Tell Raijouta or another Warden. Then I will screenshot evidence and warn the suspect appropriately.

9. A Brother is digging out someone else's room, and when you question him, he swears at you and tells you to mind your own business. How do you respond?
I will ask the rooms owner, and if he isn't on I will request for a high ranked member to come and sort it out.

10. You need to go above ground. You are in one of the Halls, which is set on layer 10. How do you do it and what do you do with the exit?

Well, I doubt this is allowed but I will make a 1x1 tower to get out, destroying the tower as I go up and crouching to fill up the hole. If this isn't allowed I will simply find the exit.

HAPPENSTANCE

Last edited by Cypranex on 2011-03-06, 11:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : HAPPENSTANCE)
Cypranex
Cypranex

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinNightfire 2011-02-27, 11:36 pm

1. KevinNightfire

2. No difference

3. I wish to join this faction for the opportunity to help make a small organization grow by lending my skills in anyway I can. Also, mining is much preferable to surface dwelling.

4. 18

5. I am able to quickly envision and put up structures, as well as knowing how to create a few traps within and around my structures.

6. I wish to mainly be a miner, with the possibility of moving into some role in the bureaucracy if the opportunity ever arises.
Happenstance

7. I tell a Warden and set up a temporary base in the site, with torches, storage, etc, after which I begin mining nearby resources.

8. First tell a Warden. This is more important than enacting swift retribution, as it may well lead to discrepancies.

9. Most likely quickly tell a Warden, then take whatever course of action I am told. If no Warden is online, kill the miscreant and report him.

10. Move away from the main hall a good ways, or go to a cavern if nearby, dig a little into a wall, and dig up, filling in all holes I make as I go.

KevinNightfire

Back to top Go down

Post  Seveen 2011-03-01, 5:09 am

Seveen

Some of my friends call me Sev'

I'm sick of building things above ground, i'm sick of finding all my chests continuously broken. I wish to dig deep underground, and be hidden from the sun for the rest of my life.

I'm 20.

I'm a big fan of tech features, i've already build a big subway with tones of wire in one of my sp world.

I am not so good at building stuff, but I love digging deep for finding diamonds or farming (cakes!).

First I tell a Warden, then I set up a small base for mining further away. Then I begin mining the ressources and lighting up the cave.

Telling a Warden, then defending the Hall if the tunnel lead to it.

I tell a Warden and the owner's room.

I dont really think that i'll need to go above ground, but if this is the case, I'll find the exit, then I'll dig a stair, filling it progressively.

HAPPENSTANCE

Seveen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next