The Kingdom
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base

+16
T3hHippie
Sevyn
igortv123
Soto_Black
WickedFury
ballnazor
NavvE
MaxxOverdrive
ivanelk
DarwinAssist
thewarthog
Blind_Merc
Hazzy
Toren
Habit
derekiv
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base Empty Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base

Post  derekiv 2011-02-09, 8:33 pm

Initial Reaction: WTF
Continuing Reaction: WTF
Evidence:
I don't have just one picture. I have a folder of 23:
https://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd265/derekiv/Habit%20Griefing/?action=view&current=2011-02-09_222607.png
Feel free to peruse through.
I know at least part of the greifing is Habit, I found cobblestone around a whole in the wall and only Habit was in the base at that time.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base Empty Re: Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base

Post  derekiv 2011-02-09, 8:45 pm

Update:
Clinthor has been given a tour of the damage, and told me not to repair anything so they can check the logs.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base Empty Re: Extreme Griefing of the Pirate Base

Post  Habit 2011-02-09, 8:48 pm

its simply searching for chests and what ur screens showed, well most of them is "besides" your ways, we even fixed what was possilbe to fix out of ur townied base and chivers fixed some while he was with us. when u saw me i didnt remove a single block inside of your base, i just saw drace and searched outside on the hill for a chest since he seemsd to hide something.

QQ next round
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-09, 8:51 pm

I knew something like this was going to happen. A war and no complaining? xD
First of all, most of your SS's lighting is really dark and I cant tell what is what with your texture pack. So I will have to guess for what's what on most of your screenshots.

I think most of those don't qualify as "extreme griefing" there was a war, which you guys weren't at, and we searched for some chests. That's about it. A few holes, only at which you guys could have stopped by defending. It's a war, I'd understand if half your buildings were destroyed, but these are just some holes as a result of a war.

I'm really not sure what else to say about this.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-09, 8:59 pm

"War" does not justify mindless destruction. Would you guys hold your stance if something like this were to happen to your base?
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-09, 9:02 pm

its really not that much, thers like 3 pieces of wool missing total and some smoothstone replaced where we searched for cobble. down in their mine we even close everything with cobbles, but we couldnt in the towny place
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Blind_Merc 2011-02-09, 9:02 pm

It's not Age of Empires. -.-

Though that would be awesome minecraft game/server.
Blind_Merc
Blind_Merc

http://fragmenta.com.au/

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-09, 9:05 pm

Let me get this straight, you're plugging holes that I assume are caused by you, and you can't because of towny?
So you're destroying blocks when towny is in place ._.?
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-02-09, 9:07 pm

Lets not forget that the pirates turned off pvp in there city and didn't even show up for the war. If you were there we would not have had so much time to look for chests. Also all that damage could be repaired in like 30 min max.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  ivanelk 2011-02-09, 9:07 pm

Lol that isn't griefing. I can show you griefing, but that isn't it.
The fact of the matter is our faction searched around in your base because you had no one defending it. Those holes hardly qualify for griefing, I know where those spots are even, trust me that isn't that griefed. He and chivers replaced what they could even.

Also I would like to note chivers was apparently there so he likely saw what Habit did. Next time I would advise against acting like "hot shit" and not defending while your base is searched.

Derek I would just like to point out your post is EXTREME whining.

Last edited by ivanelk on 2011-02-09, 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ivanelk

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-09, 9:08 pm

thewarthog wrote:Let me get this straight, you're plugging holes that I assume are caused by you, and you can't because of towny?
So you're destroying blocks when towny is in place ._.?

in times of war towny chances, u can remove blocks of the oponnent faction town, but u arent allowed to build, so we dug in some holes where we thought there could be hidden chests. but we couldnt close them, its not that much work if they add me 2 mins to their town it will be done.
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-09, 9:11 pm

Pirates, you guys really need to stop looking for the tiniest of reasons to accuse us of.

Hate us? Then declare war on us. And if you do, try and show up.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-09, 9:48 pm

Griefing is such a tiny reason, amirite?
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-09, 10:00 pm

Griefing is not a tiny reason, that's not what I was saying.

However, poking holes in the ground is a pretty weak reason. And that's not grieving, thats just searching for chests.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  derekiv 2011-02-09, 10:20 pm

Its not just holes, its entire walls missing. Someone removed my wall of wool and the lapis block I had placed in the wall.
Removing items from someone's house is griefing. If you guys had access to chests, you could have left the materials in the chests, but you decided to keep them. I spent time mining and gathering the lapis to create the blue wool to make my house look nice. I even saved up nine to make a lapis block for the wall. Then the Legion comes along, removes the wall and lapis and leaves holes in the smoothstone of the base.

Pirates don't use any cobble while building.

We now have to mine cobble and coal to produce smoothstone to repair all the holes in our walls.

Overall:
I believe the declaration of war is premature. Us pirates haven't finished building our base yet. WE probably have 7 active member, who play about 2 hours a day. The Legion has 10-13 that are active 4-6 hours. In short, the pirates lose. We have maybe 3 people with full diamond armor and no infinite arrow supply like habit.
derekiv
derekiv

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-09, 10:32 pm

I believe that the starting and stopping of wars needs agreement on both sides.

I think I saw Habit trying to stop the war in OOC, and not a single pirate was on.
For one thing: You could attack a nation and not fear a counterattack with that manner.
Just saying.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  DarwinAssist 2011-02-09, 10:36 pm

That is not they way wars work in Towny. One nation declares war and the other has a min of 24 hours to prepare. At a specified date and time the admins make them go to war for 2 hours. The only problem that happened to day was that the pirates didn't show up so it allowed us to pillage with no one to stop us.
DarwinAssist

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-09, 10:47 pm

thewarthog wrote:I believe that the starting and stopping of wars needs agreement on both sides.

I think I saw Habit trying to stop the war in OOC, and not a single pirate was on.
For one thing: You could attack a nation and not fear a counterattack with that manner.
Just saying.

the war was set up for 2 hours, chivers said it in the beginning.
to make a war u need to announce it in the forums 24 hrs before it takes place and an admin has to agree (chivers did)

the pirates could have avoided the war by giving 25 lapizblocks to us, i know one of the piratemembers still has a nice amount of lapiz since he often tells me, same as he tells me that he never would give them any of my members. Hating leads to hating back which leads to a war.

to derek, i really think u didnt get griefed that hard and i have to tell you, the chets were password/spellsaved we had no acess to them, chivers just put the items out we wanned.

when there is war u really have to calculate to make some small fixes on some buildings, but once more, its not that much work for you. i understand ur sad about ur loss of lapiz and wool. i dont know what happened to the wool, mb it just got deleted by time. but as far as i know we just broke 1 wool, saw theres nothing under it and kept it like it is. and i only got 2 lapizstones which chivers gave me out of a chest.

the pirates have 36 members in their usergroup. the legion only hs 16. gathering materials for diamondarmor etc doesnt take that long, mb 1-2 hrs and one member of the pirates got huge amounts of everything and could/should have supplied you guys
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  thewarthog 2011-02-09, 10:59 pm

In minecraft, there is no "deleted by time."

Seriously.
thewarthog
thewarthog

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazzy 2011-02-09, 11:11 pm

thewarthog wrote:In minecraft, there is no "deleted by time."

Seriously.

What? Items expire if you leave them on the ground for more than 5 minutes.
Hazzy
Hazzy

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-09, 11:26 pm

Seriously guys? Not for a second you guys think Habit meant something else? Cut him some slack, English isn't his first language.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-09, 11:36 pm

Waiiiittt wait wait wait.
We were at actual war?
That wasn't just a troll thread like the other 90% of legion posts?
And they were still allowed to do it even when no pirates were logged on at the time?
And the mods were totally cool with this and just let it happen?
Holy shit that is seven thousand leagues beyond retarded. There's absolutely no evidence of Chivers "authorizing" the war at all! I didn't even lose anything from their "visit" but oh my god the sheer lack of common sense here is infuriating. Even going as far as to loot chests for them?
Dis-fucking-picable.

Here's hoping the vagabonds have what it takes to band together and tear that cobble box you call a castle down.

MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Toren 2011-02-09, 11:47 pm

Yup. And we gave you 24 hours to figure that out. Chivers only helped us because the chests were locked and they are not suppose to be. However, Soto was away and Chivers couldnt turn /lwc off.

And you guys not being on? Your own damn fault.
Toren
Toren

Back to top Go down

Post  Habit 2011-02-09, 11:58 pm

dude dont insult is, its no cobblestonebox its a halfstepbox
Habit
Habit

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxxOverdrive 2011-02-10, 12:19 am

Toren2 wrote:Yup. And we gave you 24 hours to figure that out. Chivers only helped us because the chests were locked and they are not suppose to be. However, Soto was away and Chivers couldnt turn /lwc off.

And you guys not being on? Your own damn fault.

To "figure it out"? What are you guys? The fucking riddler brigade? That whole thread was filled with spam comments, and not a single official approval by ANY moderator.
And seriously? it's not our fault we weren't on. It's fucking Wednesday! But, instead of realizing that maybe the middle of the work week is a bad time to declare "war", and keeping in the spirit of honor and courtesy in battle, like any mature player would do, you just decided to use your essentially disregarded post as an excuse to bust shit up in the cove and suckerpunch the pirates in general.

But I guess there's really no point in griping about it, I'm just drunk as hell and this is a really fucking dumb situation that I've come back to find. Enjoy whatever you took while you can, lady karma'll show up any day now.
MaxxOverdrive
MaxxOverdrive

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next